First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Christians are you SURE you can eat Pork?
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 10/14/09

GrandX wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


GrandX wrote:

That is so stupid they think pork is sacred is because people started to die from eating pork. Its called trichinosis,trichinosis, is a parasitic disease caused by eating raw or undercooked pork and wild game infected with the larvae of a species of roundworm Trichinella spiralis, commonly called the trichina worm. And because they didnt know they began to call it sacred and now it is forbidden to eat pork. The abstention from eating pork is one of the steps taken by Islam to practice hygiene and to attain purity of soul. Is just an opinion base on religious ideas and not scientific facts. According to physicians and medical experts, pork is a harmful diet. Consumption of swine-flesh creates lowliness in character and destroys moral and spiritual faculties in a man. Not true, pork is not bad for you unless it is not cleaned properly it makes no since in think thinking it creates lowliness in character and that it destroys moral and spiritual faculties its just a pig and that's it. The Bible only states that the pig is unclean. Here God tells us what we cannot do, and the reason seems to be: “Because I told you so!". Funny but true there is usually no reason, its just cause god says so and another form of his control over mankind. The bible was written by man who based on his own words and opinions in the book which then he label as the law of god.


it seems to me that the underlying message is "dont eat pork".... i mean all of you guys have different reasons, but they all reach the same conclusion. So why are we argueing over how 2+2=4? There are an infinite amount of numbers that can add up to 4.

Either way, both sides agree "pork is a harmful diet"-you.

Therefore, based on religious ideals and scientific facts, pork is bad for you, therefore you shouldnt eat it. I just find it amazing that the line between religious opinion and fact can often be very blurry, and one in the same. peace over war


First of all no one is arguing we are discussing it maybe you misunderstood the question why is it bad to eat pork, glad you capable of adding 2+2. Thats bullshit pork is not fucking bad for the only way it is bad is if it is under cooked or raw, pork it better than most meat products some is. It amazing if you think pork is bad for you you re completely wrong its not a scientific fact; i have no idea where you got that from. Religion says dont eat it therefore they dont eat it, it has nothing to do with an opinion its a fact that the religious text states you should not eat pork and gives no reason as to why not. I on the other-hand love pork lol if i had a religion that forbade it i would eat it anyway.


Dude why are you getting so offensive lol and where did you get your research from?
2121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Usa
Offline
Posted 10/14/09

drizza wrote:


GrandX wrote:


JJT2 wrote:


GrandX wrote:

That is so stupid they think pork is sacred is because people started to die from eating pork. Its called trichinosis,trichinosis, is a parasitic disease caused by eating raw or undercooked pork and wild game infected with the larvae of a species of roundworm Trichinella spiralis, commonly called the trichina worm. And because they didnt know they began to call it sacred and now it is forbidden to eat pork. The abstention from eating pork is one of the steps taken by Islam to practice hygiene and to attain purity of soul. Is just an opinion base on religious ideas and not scientific facts. According to physicians and medical experts, pork is a harmful diet. Consumption of swine-flesh creates lowliness in character and destroys moral and spiritual faculties in a man. Not true, pork is not bad for you unless it is not cleaned properly it makes no since in think thinking it creates lowliness in character and that it destroys moral and spiritual faculties its just a pig and that's it. The Bible only states that the pig is unclean. Here God tells us what we cannot do, and the reason seems to be: “Because I told you so!". Funny but true there is usually no reason, its just cause god says so and another form of his control over mankind. The bible was written by man who based on his own words and opinions in the book which then he label as the law of god.


it seems to me that the underlying message is "dont eat pork".... i mean all of you guys have different reasons, but they all reach the same conclusion. So why are we argueing over how 2+2=4? There are an infinite amount of numbers that can add up to 4.

Either way, both sides agree "pork is a harmful diet"-you.

Therefore, based on religious ideals and scientific facts, pork is bad for you, therefore you shouldnt eat it. I just find it amazing that the line between religious opinion and fact can often be very blurry, and one in the same. peace over war


First of all no one is arguing we are discussing it maybe you misunderstood the question why is it bad to eat pork, glad you capable of adding 2+2. Thats bullshit pork is not fucking bad for the only way it is bad is if it is under cooked or raw, pork it better than most meat products some is. It amazing if you think pork is bad for you you re completely wrong its not a scientific fact; i have no idea where you got that from. Religion says dont eat it therefore they dont eat it, it has nothing to do with an opinion its a fact that the religious text states you should not eat pork and gives no reason as to why not. I on the other-hand love pork lol if i had a religion that forbade it i would eat it anyway.


Dude why are you getting so offensive lol and where did you get your research from?


Im not being offensive just where are you coming from about my info i wound post anything if i didnt know what i was talking about? In what what is pork not healthy, who says is its not good for your heath? http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/trichinosis/factsht_trichinosis.htm
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/09

Real_ZERO wrote:
I never heard about this song but I think I can understand How that couple who stand have no chance of making it as a pair, just looking at your answer and the question lol. Maybe I'm too slow to get your point. Well, I don't intend to change the topic nor want to be misunderstood, anyway, thank you.



You don’t understand what I was trying to say? Well, maybe I can express it in a few short sentences.

People die and the loved ones of people die, so people understand death. People relate to things they understand. God died and god’s son died (Jesus is both God and the son of God,) so people can relate to God.

So you see what I’m saying? God let himself be killed, let his son be killed, so that we would have some common ground upon which to establish our relationship. Without common ground we cannot relate to god. If we cannot relate we cannot have a relationship. Without a relationship how can we love god?

Jesus died on the cross for love. It was the ultimate self-sacrifice, all so we would love god and be saved. Love, you see, covers a multitude of sin.

Corinthians 13:13 states that of faith, love, and hope...love is the greatest.
Posted 10/15/09

SeraphAlford wrote:


Real_ZERO wrote:
I never heard about this song but I think I can understand How that couple who stand have no chance of making it as a pair, just looking at your answer and the question lol. Maybe I'm too slow to get your point. Well, I don't intend to change the topic nor want to be misunderstood, anyway, thank you.



You don’t understand what I was trying to say? Well, maybe I can express it in a few short sentences.

People die and the loved ones of people die, so people understand death. People relate to things they understand. God died and god’s son died (Jesus is both God and the son of God,) so people can relate to God.

So you see what I’m saying? God let himself be killed, let his son be killed, so that we would have some common ground upon which to establish our relationship. Without common ground we cannot relate to god. If we cannot relate we cannot have a relationship. Without a relationship how can we love god?

Jesus died on the cross for love. It was the ultimate self-sacrifice, all so we would love god and be saved. Love, you see, covers a multitude of sin.

Corinthians 13:13 states that of faith, love, and hope...love is the greatest.


one thing i don't understand about it is god is a real prick a really really big one in the old testament, then he becomes all soft and kind in the new testament
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote: one thing i don't understand about it is god is a real prick a really really big one in the old testament, then he becomes all soft and kind in the new testament


I don’t think that God was a real prick in the old testament at all. But it’s possible that the old testament isn’t literal. The New Testament contains parables, metaphorical stories told by Jesus to prove a point. Other times Jesus is speaking literally, actually preaching. The New Testament is a compendium of historical documents so we can look at the context and understand the stories he’s telling. We can see that when Jesus said, “I am the door,” that he was speaking metaphorically.

In the case of the Old Testament it’s historically possible that the original authors didn’t mean it all to be taken literally. It’s possible that a lot of this was a collection of metaphorical stories meant to have a moral. That might explain your perceived inconsistency.

But, again, I don’t think that God was prickat all in the Old Testament, be the OT metaphorical or literal. And again, i don't know which it is.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:
So wen god had a she Bear tare a group of kids limb from limb that is meant to be metaphoric?
Wen god killed people for questioning his word that was metaphoric?
Wen god killed all the first born children that was metaphoric?
Wen god had his people kill everyone but the young girls and had him men rape the young girls! That was metaphoric?


You ever heard of a fable? It’s a fictional story with a moral. Like Aesop’s stories. In one of these stories he tells about a vast army marching off to war. As they go each soldier must adopt an additional responsibility to keep the forces moving. They’re all asked to carry something. So, all the soldiers run to grab the lightest, smallest items they can find. One soldier, however, picks the largest bag he could locate and starts to haul it. As they go along, the bag gets smaller and smaller. That’s because this soldier knew that what an army needs more than anything is food and water. He chose the bag because he knew that as they went they would eat and drink all the food and water. So, by the return trip he didn’t have to carry anything. The moral of the story was to work smart, not hard.

The story you brought up about the bears mauling children comes from II Kings 2:23-24. First off, the actual word is youth. In that culture youth wouldn’t have meant child it would’ve meant young man. So they weren’t children. Also, if you read the verse for yourself it wasn’t God who called the bears it was Elisha.

The story talks about Elisha pretty much chilling out and minding his own business, traveling around and doing good stuff for people and junk. Then this gang of punks comes around and starts taunting him. Then he curses them and a bear comes running out to tear them apart.



(Funny what you can find out there, huh? Anyone else think this picture if effing hilarious?)

The moral of this story? Don’t harass the servants of god.

The one you brought up about the first born sons needs no introduction. It’s obviously from Exodus, one of the plagues brought on the Egyptians by their Pharaoh. The first born sons died not because God wanted them to but because the decisions of their evil nation. The moral of this fable? It’s the innocent who suffer when governments make bad decisions, which is pretty true if you think about it. Roe v. Wade, Doe v. Bolton, Dred Scott….

The last one, I believe, is talking about the people of Philistine, and not all of them. Basically, God told the Jews, “There’s this wilderness out here but to get to it you have to cross through the territory of other peoples.” There’s a very clear point where he lays it out for them. He pretty much says, “You’re on their land, don’t take it for granted, don’t be a bad guest. Just do what you’ve got to do to survive.” I don’t remember exactly where it is but he literally says, “Don’t even look left or right, just walk past.” He tells them repeatedly to pay for the stuff they use and pretty much not to do anything to the locals that they wouldn’t want somebody else to do to them.

As the Old Testament tells it, however, not all the people were willing to let the Jews walk passed even though they weren’t hurting anything. The Philistines tried to kill the Jews. So god told the Jews to retaliate in kind. A sort of ‘eye for eye,’ type response.

The moral to the story is one we express today. If you don’t want people to commit violent crimes against you in war, don’t commit violent crimes against them.

One way or the other I don't think it's entirely prickish. Nor am I sure it's literal. It may be a fable, I don't know.
Posted 10/16/09
Um, you know I'm still watching this thread.
Please stay on topic.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 10/16/09
Yea really guys lets try not to talk bad about the bible but I think the question already been answered Christians can eat pork.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/09

Gaia93 wrote:

Um, you know I'm still watching this thread.
Please stay on topic.


I agree with Drizza. The question has been answered. I think the thread should be closed. CecilTheDarkKnight_234 and I can continue our conversation via private messages, should he choose to pursue the topic.
Posted 10/16/09
Very well than, if that's what you want.
~Locked
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.