First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Dreadlocks?
3120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Puzzleland ^^
Offline
Posted 10/20/09

toaster501 wrote:


Laytons2ndApprentice wrote:

i think they are disgusting since they are never washed and i once saw this guy with the most DISGUSTING dreadlocks get onto a bus that i was on. it was like one big clump of dreadlocks because it hadnt been washed in so long and it looked all UGHHH
you get the picture.

but ive seen people pull off those cute colourful clip-in ones well ^^


not washing your dread is only the "neglect" way to do it when you want them to form fast you have to wash them clean hair dreads faster than dirty hair


oh. i thought that you allways had to not wash them..
9860 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Living in the US...
Offline
Posted 10/20/09
some people can pull it off [like Danny Ahn] but not everyone can. good luck! :]
14 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33
Offline
Posted 10/20/09
Dredz are amazing!
I've had them for seven years now. When I first had them done, they were so thick and about 6-8 inches long. Bare in mind my hair was thick, luxurious and came down to my arse before I had them done, so they stuck out in a total Manga-way when they were done!
Now, of course they are longer and knotted, but they are still cool. I had mine done by a friend, but they were done really well.

I wont lie though:

1) It takes many hours of PAIN to get dredz if you are a white guy. If you are of east-asian descent (like my friend Andy) don't bother. EA hair is so slick it is a *nightmare* to dread. If you have naturally curly or Afro-Caribbean hair, you are sorted, though.

2) If you aint black, the first few months are labour intensive. You need to wax and play with your dredz all the time. Plus they sometimes hurt/itch until they settle in.

3) Use Beeswax or natural wax. DONT use a petroleum based wax (dax, etc) as that shit is bad for your scalp and will contribute to bad-smelling dreadz.

3) If you thread, bind or bead your hair, and they were done tightly and well the first time, you will be able to keep nice dredz indefinitely.

4) After the first month or so, you can wash your hair but either get a dred-shampoo or just use water. I've just washed mine in water for years and they just smell of unadorned hair. If your dredz are properly done, they should be so tight and waxed that any dirt just sits on the outer surface and can be washed off.

If your dredz smell, it is either because they weren't tight enough, you used some product that has stuck and 'rotted' in your hair or otherwise broken down in a wierd way, or you washed them and didn't dry/wring them out properly.

Dredz are an effort if you don't have Afro hair, but they can be extremely satisfying!
669 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / From New Orleans,...
Offline
Posted 10/20/09
My little brother has dreads in his hair. It's like a trend among black dudes. I love it!~ My boyfriend is getting his done as we speak. It's just the best thing that every happened. ^.^
1545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / London, UK
Offline
Posted 10/20/09

purplefashgirl wrote:


TelevisionPotato wrote:

Dreadlocks are cool and I should know because I'm cool but I don't have dreadlocks because I'm not that cool...yet


This had nothing to do with this forum....what's up with your icon pick


It has everything to do with this forum topic. I was clearly stating that I could be a little more cooler with dreadlocks.
1194 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / "place emo quote...
Offline
Posted 10/20/09

TelevisionPotato wrote:


purplefashgirl wrote:


TelevisionPotato wrote:

Dreadlocks are cool and I should know because I'm cool but I don't have dreadlocks because I'm not that cool...yet


This had nothing to do with this forum....what's up with your icon pick


It has everything to do with this forum topic. I was clearly stating that I could be a little more cooler with dreadlocks.



No....I meant what's up with your icon picture, your avatar..the pyramid and the all-seeing-eye....who's side your on man?!
Posted 10/20/09

Laytons2ndApprentice wrote:

i think they are disgusting since they are never washed and i once saw this guy with the most DISGUSTING dreadlocks get onto a bus that i was on. it was like one big clump of dreadlocks because it hadnt been washed in so long and it looked all UGHHH
you get the picture.

but ive seen people pull off those cute colourful clip-in ones well ^^



Where did you get that from? Dreadlocks are never washed? That's DEFINITELY not true. You can wash dreadlocks but sometimes when you wash them they kinda untwist so you have to go back to the salon or whatever and get them twisted again. Besides the main people with dreadlocks is black people who don't have to wash their hair everyday.
Posted 10/20/09

xxAll-Thatxx wrote:


Laytons2ndApprentice wrote:

i think they are disgusting since they are never washed and i once saw this guy with the most DISGUSTING dreadlocks get onto a bus that i was on. it was like one big clump of dreadlocks because it hadnt been washed in so long and it looked all UGHHH
you get the picture.

but ive seen people pull off those cute colourful clip-in ones well ^^



Where did you get that from? Dreadlocks are never washed? That's DEFINITELY not true. You can wash dreadlocks but sometimes when you wash them they kinda untwist so you have to go back to the salon or whatever and get them twisted again. Besides the main people with dreadlocks is black people who don't have to wash their hair everyday.


Actually I don't agree with your last statement. Although I do agree that people DO wash their dreadlocks. I see a lot of Caucasian guys with dreadlocks.

And seriously...Tom Kaulitz...HOT with dreadlocks
1102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / US
Offline
Posted 10/20/09
Good looking on Black People.
Posted 10/20/09
erm i don't like them because they seem really unneat + unclean..Thats just
my opinion though because i'm sure lots of people like them and like having them.
67 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / My room
Offline
Posted 10/21/09
i like them but it depends on the person, not everyone can pull them off...here's hoping that you can!
10216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
♥heart-of-asia♥
Offline
Posted 10/21/09
cool for punks
Posted 10/21/09

EverlastingDivinity wrote:


xxAll-Thatxx wrote:


Laytons2ndApprentice wrote:

i think they are disgusting since they are never washed and i once saw this guy with the most DISGUSTING dreadlocks get onto a bus that i was on. it was like one big clump of dreadlocks because it hadnt been washed in so long and it looked all UGHHH
you get the picture.

but ive seen people pull off those cute colourful clip-in ones well ^^



Where did you get that from? Dreadlocks are never washed? That's DEFINITELY not true. You can wash dreadlocks but sometimes when you wash them they kinda untwist so you have to go back to the salon or whatever and get them twisted again. Besides the main people with dreadlocks is black people who don't have to wash their hair everyday.


Actually I don't agree with your last statement. Although I do agree that people DO wash their dreadlocks. I see a lot of Caucasian guys with dreadlocks.

And seriously...Tom Kaulitz...HOT with dreadlocks



Yeah BUT the main people with dreadlocks is black people it's derived from african culture same with braids and twisties. You MAY see a lot of caucasions with dreadlocks but it's mainly africans trust me i'm moroccan and live in morocco.

Posted 10/21/09
I love dreadlocks! I make synthetic ones and they're fun to wear, but I don't think I have the patience or dedication to have real dreads.
Posted 10/21/09

Noizgul wrote:

I like them. And I think they're hot as hell on girls.


hahaa! you sound exactly like my exboyfriend

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.