First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Just in Case of Emergency
2802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in search of the...
Offline
Posted 10/28/09 , edited 10/28/09


KNOW *77


I knew about the red light on cars, but not the *77
It was about 1:00 p..m. In the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parent has always told her never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.


Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called *77 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.

Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.

I never knew about the *77 Cell Phone Feature, but especially for a woman alone in a car , you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going to a safe & quiet place. You obviously need to make some signals that you acknowledge them ( i e. Put on your hazard lights) & call*77 like Lauren did.


Too bad the cell phone companies don't generally give you this little bit of wonderful information.


*Speaking to a service representative at ** Bell ** Mobility confirmed that *77 was a direct link to State trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about *77.

Send this to every woman (and person) you know via copy and paste; it may save a life.

This applies to ALL 50 states

This was in an email i received isnt it shocking wat criminals think of that could of been me. (even though im a guy) thats messed up it makes me sad of wat our world is becoming!

i would like to hear u guys opinion about this because i found this very interesting!




it only applys to people in america
Posted 10/28/09 , edited 10/28/09
Rapists always pretend to be the people of law because we usually react on policemen/firemen "positive": Oh this good man will help me when I'm lost etc which is wrong. This number is very usefull but companies will never (prob) do it free because we already have a bunch of "emergency numbers" for free.


In my country there is no such number as I know and actually the real cops rape and kill people and especcially immigrants. If you need help it's better to call Organized Crime, not police. I'm honest.
2802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in search of the...
Offline
Posted 10/28/09

LadyVertz wrote:

Rapists always pretend to be the people of law because we usually react on policemen/firemen "positive": Oh this good man will help me when I'm lost etc which is wrong. This number is very usefull but companies will never (prob) do it free because we already have a bunch of "emergency numbers" for free.


In my country there is no such number as I know and actually the real cops rape and kill people and especcially immigrants. If you need help it's better to call Organized Crime, not police. I'm honest.


wow i totally didnt know it was that dangerous o mars (besides the lack of oxygen) maybe u should move i would hate for that to happen to u
Posted 10/28/09

crawdiddy wrote:


LadyVertz wrote:

Rapists always pretend to be the people of law because we usually react on policemen/firemen "positive": Oh this good man will help me when I'm lost etc which is wrong. This number is very usefull but companies will never (prob) do it free because we already have a bunch of "emergency numbers" for free.


In my country there is no such number as I know and actually the real cops rape and kill people and especcially immigrants. If you need help it's better to call Organized Crime, not police. I'm honest.


wow i totally didnt know it was that dangerous o mars (besides the lack of oxygen) maybe u should move i would hate for that to happen to u



I wish I was there! Can a person dream? It's still legal somehow.

I'm in Moscow, Russia actually. Police is 50% corrupted and full of crazy morons who just love to have guns, that's why they chose this job. If a cop rapes someone it's hard to sue him in most of the cases. Oh brave new world
2802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in search of the...
Offline
Posted 10/28/09 , edited 10/28/09

LadyVertz wrote:


crawdiddy wrote:


LadyVertz wrote:

Rapists always pretend to be the people of law because we usually react on policemen/firemen "positive": Oh this good man will help me when I'm lost etc which is wrong. This number is very usefull but companies will never (prob) do it free because we already have a bunch of "emergency numbers" for free.


In my country there is no such number as I know and actually the real cops rape and kill people and especcially immigrants. If you need help it's better to call Organized Crime, not police. I'm honest.


wow i totally didnt know it was that dangerous o mars (besides the lack of oxygen) maybe u should move i would hate for that to happen to u



I wish I was there! Can a person dream? It's still legal somehow.

I'm in Moscow, Russia actually. Police is 50% corrupted and full of crazy morons who just love to have guns, that's why they chose this job. If a cop rapes someone it's hard to sue him in most of the cases. Oh brave new world


in America it is about 10% bad cops well i believe our country is just as bad when u look past all the lies our country is full of bullshit

mine is the more subtle evil less dangerous statisticswise but a whole lot scarier!!! im sorry if this sound biased but i believe it to be true because u know the dangers of your homeland but most of the people here dont they cover up everything important up with useless stuff >_<

thats the best way i know how to explain it at the moment
6778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under the Starry...
Offline
Posted 10/28/09
wow thats a nice system and good for lauren ;D
its crazy how cops nowadays had to be at least corrupted in some way.... what happen to the pledge? or there isnt one ...
3655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / in yur dark heart
Offline
Posted 10/28/09
is this just for like US
Posted 10/28/09
That girl is smart. *77, never knew such a number even exist.
2802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in search of the...
Offline
Posted 10/28/09

azn_kawaii wrote:

is this just for like US


i guess its just for america sorry everyone who isnt from america >_<
Ghost Moderator
AHTL 
87723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Norway
Online
Posted 10/28/09
Good number to keep in the back of your mind. You never know when trouble come.
34454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 10/28/09
o wow : O well I didn't know that, ty :]
8594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/29/09
Wow. Never knew that before. R u sure is this number exist?
Posted 10/29/09
I fail to find the words for cursing anyone so weak as to impersonate a police officer to victimize someone. I need a drink...
70518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Gооgʟә Me
Offline
Posted 10/29/09
I'm from the US and didn't even know *77 existed. They should put this out to the public.
And if it was put out, it obviously wasn't given enough attention for people to know.
Posted 10/29/09
this sounds like a chain letter

but if it's not, ok then
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.