First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
What is "Truth"?
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/16/10
I believe the truth is abosolute. The word of God is truth, Jesus Christ is truth! The truth is the TRUTH!
Posted 11/16/10 , edited 11/16/10

popcornpuffs wrote:

I believe the truth is abosolute. The word of God is truth, Jesus Christ is truth! The truth is the TRUTH!
And still you're a practitioner of denial of the fact, so what's your point? You hypocrite.
468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Manila
Offline
Posted 11/16/10
the truth is the truth :)) something you can't change :)) absolute truth
4940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / New York City
Offline
Posted 11/16/10

DomFortress wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

I believe the truth is abosolute. The word of God is truth, Jesus Christ is truth! The truth is the TRUTH!
And still you're a practitioner of denial of the fact, so what's your point? You hypocrite.


This is what I have to say to you. The truth since it comes from the truth!

Timothy 3:1-5 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away"

May you see the light
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 11/16/10

DomFortress wrote:


popcornpuffs wrote:

I believe the truth is abosolute. The word of God is truth, Jesus Christ is truth! The truth is the TRUTH!
And still you're a practitioner of denial of the fact, so what's your point? You hypocrite.


There is a light, Mr Domfortress, that has a most wonderous property- when it is lit, the room grows darker, and when it is put out, behold, brightness returns. So dark does it make the room, that it is nigh impossible to see it- only those who let themselves be ruled by Tomfoolery can perceive this great light. Just let go of reason, intellect, and everything else that divides man from beast, and you, too, may see it.
Posted 11/16/10 , edited 11/16/10

longfenglim wrote:


There is a light, Mr Domfortress, that has a most wonderous property- when it is lit, the room grows darker, and when it is put out, behold, brightness returns. So dark does it make the room, that it is nigh impossible to see it- only those who let themselves be ruled by Tomfoolery can perceive this great light. Just let go of reason, intellect, and everything else that divides man from beast, and you, too, may see it.
Problem is, I don't think she's the sarcastic type. Judging by the fact that she could just take certain interpretation quite literally, to her the truth is everything stamped with a God's seal of approval. And according to her source of reference that can be anything including genocide:

Interpreting hard passages from different Biblical viewpoints:

Protestant Christianity is deeply divided into conservative, mainline, and liberal wings. A great gulf also exists between Protestant and Roman Catholic/Orthodox beliefs. Many of these differences can be traced to the ways in which different Christian faith groups interpret the Bible:

Conservative Christians tend to believe that the Bible is inspired by God, inerrant and infallible. This includes the "hard passages." One of the main Biblical verses supporting this belief is:

2 Timothy 3:16-17: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." (King James Version) The Christian Scriptures (New Testament) did not exist when 2 Timothy was written. So, the passage must have referred to the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament) only. However, the verse is commonly used today to refer to the entire Bible.

Religious conservatives believe that much of the apparent immorality in the Hebrew Scriptures' hard passages are human misunderstanding because Jehovah is both a God of love and of justice. God, as a wholly just being, must sometimes punish rebellious individuals and groups for their sins in ways that we find difficult to understand.
(citation)
Difficult to understand? Yeah. Right. There's nothing secretive about the sociology of bigotry.
232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / AR
Offline
Posted 11/20/10



Truth is relative, like time and space. The only truth is that we will all die sure. other things may happen or not. In the end we will answer for what we did.
Posted 11/20/10

aynur wrote:

Truth is relative, like time and space. The only truth is that we will all die sure. other things may happen or not. In the end we will answer for what we did.
I disagree, for the truth is irregardless of how we feel. While the passing of space and time cannot be achieved without a movement being observed, when space-time is a continuum, not relative.
2585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 11/30/10
honestly i'd have to say that there really is no truth just what the majority believes at the time. So basically its just the masses oppinion. i would go deeper into my thought but I'm sleepy and kinda want my nappy poo
3324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Trudging on throu...
Offline
Posted 12/3/10
Perhaps it is absolutely objective that it is relatively subjective. Or maybe it is relatively subjective that it is absolutely objective.
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/11/10
Truth are absolute, for example fire are hot or ice are cold.
6268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Netherlands
Offline
Posted 12/11/10

ProudAsianKid wrote:

Truth are absolute, for example fire are hot or ice are cold.


You mean Ice is realatively cold and fire is realatively warm, it is just a matter off opinion and therefore it is no truth.
Banned
755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ASIA - Land Of An...
Offline
Posted 12/11/10
Not relatively but real. It is not a matter of opinion, I'm sure you will not goint to say ice are hot or fire are cold.
Posted 12/14/10
Truth is an absolute.
between knowledge and opinion. Mankind cannot have absolute knowledge, but only opinion.
938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / makati city
Offline
Posted 12/17/10
the truth? it always shows... idk what ur asking though hehe kinda dont understand
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.