First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Daylight Savings Schedule Changes
Itoao 
64622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/1/09
What is the deal with people going on about lying. All advertisement is based on lies. Get over it, it really is not a big deal. They still provide a great service in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up.
7466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/09
set the clocks
71375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/1/09

metalsmith wrote:


It isn't a donation. It's a service.

There are also many reasons to change the release times due to daylight savings. One important one may be that there is a LEGAL AGREEMENT that the shows be aired at a certain time on crunchy roll. As the time changes for CR and it's server, but does not change for japan, this may cause some problems with the terms and conditions of use for the episodes that CR is allowed to release.

This is only speculation, but I do think that it has some accuracy. At any rate, you really need to bring this up with the CR staff before you throw out accusations that harm the reputation of a reputable group. I'm sure that they can provide you with answers to sufficiently please yourself and anyone else who thinks that they are being wronged.

Last time daylight savings changed in America, the animes stayed on CR at the same Jap time. That is, America changed, everyone else the same - as it should be. However, this time, animes that stayed the same Jap time last time changed (ie same in America...), so I'm assuming its nothing to do with a legal agreement. Maybe the 1 hour delay makes it cheaper for CR...



missnthrope wrote:



Crunchyroll allows you to cancel at any time. If you don't like the schedule change, that is what you should do. (Even though the schedule is just reflecting what the clocks say in Pacific Standard Time, and it is really no big deal).



Missnthrope, canceling would only delay the times even further, so that is the last thing anyone would do. And no, the schedule isn't reflecting what clocks say in Pacific time for the 6 animes that are the "same" time in America - which is what this debate is about.
1420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / In front of the c...
Offline
Posted 11/2/09
thx!!!
19616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/09 , edited 11/2/09

insanemclane wrote:


parker655 wrote:


insanemclane wrote:

oh, and one more thing. no need to start dropping the foul language in here. you can present your case in a fair and opinionated way without resorting to crude language.


Wow, your an idiot i never said i wasnt complaining so stop stating the obvious i said i was pissed about cr LYING to get people to donate money to them, how the hell can you idiots not get this through your heads?


did you read your post? do you not see the word complain in there? you say you arent complaining, but thats exactly what you are doing. and now youre resorting to calling people names because you know you are wrong. just admit it and stop making a complete fool of yourself


Dumbass, look at the red font in these statements these few words easily prove your idiocy. For gods sake read over the entire thing you keep saying admit that your wrong but i was never wrong, you were the one wrong from the start by saying i was complaining about RELEASE TIMES i never complained about the release times but rather about the LIES you may say they are one in the same HOWEVER that is simply a misunderstanding on your part, think about it if someone is complaining about release times what do they want? they want the company to release the things earlier! but for someone like me who is complaining about the LIES then they want the company too admit to their wrongs, i dont give a flying fuck if the times continue to be the same i just don't wanna have companies lying about their damn services.

oh and @ other people, i know its not a donation but who the fuck cares if i call it a donation or if i call it paying for a service for what i was complaining about it doesn't effect the impact of the statement regardless of whether i choose to call it a service or donation so your point is meaningless.

and i'm aware that you can cancel and i simply choose not too, as i said earlier several time (although it seems all of you seem to skip over this part) i'm simply complaining about the fact that crunchyroll is constantly lying about the service its providing (there you happy i called it a service)
62096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Figure it out if...
Offline
Posted 11/2/09

parker655 wrote:


insanemclane wrote:


parker655 wrote:


insanemclane wrote:

oh, and one more thing. no need to start dropping the foul language in here. you can present your case in a fair and opinionated way without resorting to crude language.


Wow, your an idiot i never said i wasnt complaining so stop stating the obvious i said i was pissed about cr LYING to get people to donate money to them, how the hell can you idiots not get this through your heads?


did you read your post? do you not see the word complain in there? you say you arent complaining, but thats exactly what you are doing. and now youre resorting to calling people names because you know you are wrong. just admit it and stop making a complete fool of yourself


Dumbass, look at the red font in these statements these few words easily prove your idiocy. For gods sake read over the entire thing you keep saying admit that your wrong but i was never wrong, you were the one wrong from the start by saying i was complaining about RELEASE TIMES i never complained about the release times but rather about the LIES you may say they are one in the same HOWEVER that is simply a misunderstanding on your part, think about it if someone is complaining about release times what do they want? they want the company to release the things earlier! but for someone like me who is complaining about the LIES then they want the company too admit to their wrongs, i dont give a flying fuck if the times continue to be the same i just don't wanna have companies lying about their damn services.

oh and @ other people, i know its not a donation but who the fuck cares if i call it a donation or if i call it paying for a service for what i was complaining about it doesn't effect the impact of the statement regardless of whether i choose to call it a service or donation so your point is meaningless.

and i'm aware that you can cancel and i simply choose not too, as i said earlier several time (although it seems all of you seem to skip over this part) i'm simply complaining about the fact that crunchyroll is constantly lying about the service its providing (there you happy i called it a service)


my bad. i misread that. youre right, you did say you werent complaining in that last part. that still doesnt change the fact that you are complaining. and yes, in this case, your point of argument, and the release times go hand in hand. since that is what you are saying they are lying about.
62096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Figure it out if...
Offline
Posted 11/2/09
oh, and i dont appreciate you calling me a so-called "dumbass". i happen to be a fairly intelligent person. i just misread your statement. big difference between misreading something, and being an idiot.
63454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Limitless Fortres...
Online
Posted 11/2/09

llamaben wrote:


metalsmith wrote:


It isn't a donation. It's a service.

There are also many reasons to change the release times due to daylight savings. One important one may be that there is a LEGAL AGREEMENT that the shows be aired at a certain time on crunchy roll. As the time changes for CR and it's server, but does not change for japan, this may cause some problems with the terms and conditions of use for the episodes that CR is allowed to release.

This is only speculation, but I do think that it has some accuracy. At any rate, you really need to bring this up with the CR staff before you throw out accusations that harm the reputation of a reputable group. I'm sure that they can provide you with answers to sufficiently please yourself and anyone else who thinks that they are being wronged.

Last time daylight savings changed in America, the animes stayed on CR at the same Jap time. That is, America changed, everyone else the same - as it should be. However, this time, animes that stayed the same Jap time last time changed (ie same in America...), so I'm assuming its nothing to do with a legal agreement. Maybe the 1 hour delay makes it cheaper for CR...



missnthrope wrote:



Crunchyroll allows you to cancel at any time. If you don't like the schedule change, that is what you should do. (Even though the schedule is just reflecting what the clocks say in Pacific Standard Time, and it is really no big deal).



Missnthrope, canceling would only delay the times even further, so that is the last thing anyone would do. And no, the schedule isn't reflecting what clocks say in Pacific time for the 6 animes that are the "same" time in America - which is what this debate is about.


Ah, so I see. Still, I don't see what the big deal is... Why is it so important to watch it EXACTLY when Japan does? --And it is not like the shows go away after they are uploaded. We are still getting the shows so close to the same time, and in many cases, a more convenient time (for U.S. Viewers).

And sure, I agree that people shouldn't cancel. CR just provides the option, like any good business would. I doubt anyone could take legal recourse against CR for these changes in "terms of service", since we were notified in advance.

6449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / behind you. don't...
Offline
Posted 11/2/09
yay thanks for telling~
48831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/2/09
interesting didn't know Japan doesn't use day light saving time but i have to admit its pretty useless in this day and age any way considering we don't use candles any more
21121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Grand Line
Offline
Posted 11/2/09 , edited 11/2/09
Arizona doesn't have DST...so why do i have to convert to DST on crunchyroll? shouldn't mine come at the same time as before?

also why do some change and some don't? DST should change all of them if it changes one since TIME changed...and shouldn't people on DST be getting them an hour earlier?


this change just doesn't make sense....
133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
doesn't matter as long as they are still airing^^
and its not a big difference you guys should be able to wait another hour
5801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / AnimeWorld! Or in...
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
thnks you very much !!
25563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Behind you
Offline
Posted 11/4/09
If it's that big a deal, one can simply no longer pay to have the privilage of streaming the simulcast. Although technically even an hour delay makes it NOT a simulcast, since the word means "to simultaniously broadcast" and it can't be simultaneous if there's a delay, even if that delay is to slap subtitles on the program (with a rediculously fast turnaround time)

But if you're definitely NOT complaining about supposed lying, just stop paying and wait the week...or how about sit back, relax, and have a steaming cup of shut the hell up while torrenting some group's fansubs.

Just a thought...but I'm NOT putting in my two cents here, and just cos I stated that, it makes it true
75 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/4/09
thank you very much for the info
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.