First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
2d animation, 3d animation, or live action + CG films
10900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / no code to escape...
Offline
Posted 1/3/08 , edited 1/3/08
sad you double posted....just to bump your thread...I'm surprised...that this hasn't been locked considering its a vs thread.

Edit: Ill consider it NOT being a vs thread for now.
Posted 1/3/08
thanks for the link =)
the anime is pretty good.. looks really nice...
29475 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/3/08
i like 3d
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/08
At this stage, I still prefer 2d animation. I think 3d animation has progressed quite well and far but it still seems... somehow.. a bit unrefined. Like 3d shows are still a little awkward to watch. Maybe give it a little bit more time and technology will be able to perfect it.



zfpinoy wrote:

sad you double posted....just to bump your thread...I'm surprised...that this hasn't been locked considering its a vs thread.


I'm surprised this post hasn't been deleted yet, considering it doesn't contribute to the discussion at all or has got anything to do with the topic.

And I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet, since it seems like you don't do anything else except notify of double posts, bad spelling/grammar, duplicate threads, vs threads and what not.

Get a fucking life, spammer.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/08

lordlag wrote:


projectcedric wrote:

At this stage, I still prefer 2d animation. I think 3d animation has progressed quite well and far but it still seems... somehow.. a bit unrefined. Like 3d shows are still a little awkward to watch. Maybe give it a little bit more time and technology will be able to perfect it.


hmmm...that is true, but with movies like advent children and the stuff square enix has been chugging out, do those still feel awkward? they kind of kick ass imo. but yeah, interms of having full control, 2d would still be the better choice.


Yea they do. I think those movies are pretty cool too and are in the edge pushing the limits in terms of their crafts. But I still think they're not yet refined enough like 2d animation has become.

In advent children for example, one thing I particularly noticed, amidst all the high-definition 3d graphics, is the hair of the characters. They look kind of stiff. I used to joke that they resemble broom heads cause of the hair stiffness. And i think i know why, having dabbled in little digital 3d sculpting myself: making those hair look natural and act natural in terms of movement need individual algorithms in each strand of hair and simulating that requires a lot of computing power.

Also, in that show, the human bodies and their movements still don't seem natural enough. These kind of small things kinda make it still awkward and not perfect, but in my opinion too, we are near to getting there.
10900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / no code to escape...
Offline
Posted 1/3/08

Get a fucking life, spammer.


Why don't you ask yourself that. I never even reported thread... I only stated opinion which is allowed.

Let me ask you something....How am i spamming then? Please define it for me....and ill acknowledge being a spammer then.

Cause in my definition of spamming it usually results in: One word, a chain letter, or continuous posts (that includes making threads).

"And I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet"


You don't have the right to say that also. If i deserve to be ban then ill be ban... I don't care. If you ask me... you are still a dumba** newb and i have life a**hole...You shouldn't even talk tough.

Plus what i do isn't your concern. Why don't you read the Damn Forum Rules...and see whose being a dumba**.

Posted 1/3/08
I think 3D is awesome but if it's not done right, it won't look good. Take FF7:Advent Children. I thought it was over the top compared to FF:Spirits Within. If it's stylish 3D, that's fine but if it's trying to be realistic, just might as well go 2D or even *GASP* live.
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/08
Final Fantasy trailer was awesome and the anime is pretty good work
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/08


CG movie it kind awesome too
Posted 1/3/08
Disney shouldn't ruin The Incredibles like that. After watching it a few times over, I didn't notice a few flaws but they were so minuscule it was forgivable. It should just be 3D all the way.

I personally thought the FF7 anime of when Zack was helping Cloud back to Midgar could've been better done. If they could dish out so much money for a 3D movie of stellar quality, why not a bit more on the anime?
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/08

lordlag wrote:


projectcedric wrote:

Yea they do. I think those movies are pretty cool too and are in the edge pushing the limits in terms of their crafts. But I still think they're not yet refined enough like 2d animation has become.

In advent children for example, one thing I particularly noticed, amidst all the high-definition 3d graphics, is the hair of the characters. They look kind of stiff. I used to joke that they resemble broom heads cause of the hair stiffness. And i think i know why, having dabbled in little digital 3d sculpting myself: making those hair look natural and act natural in terms of movement need individual algorithms in each strand of hair and simulating that requires a lot of computing power.

Also, in that show, the human bodies and their movements still don't seem natural enough. These kind of small things kinda make it still awkward and not perfect, but in my opinion too, we are near to getting there.


seems like i posted right before you did.
see trailer i added before your post.

and yeah, that is true...hair and cloth dynamics is something that's very hard to control and has been an ongoing problem in the 3d industry. but how about movies like transformers? minus the hair and cloth, that was all metal and not to mention some sweeeeeet transformations!

how would that compare if it were made in 2d? ...


Well, the original Transformer show used to be in 2d. Then they decided to try it out in Beast Wars and it became a catastrophe. In my opinion, the Transformer movie was a success because 1. it was a Steven Spielberg. 2 it was a mix of animation and real life footage (i forgot the proper term for this). The other mixed animation successes I could think of is Space Jam and that movie with Val Kilmer and Jessica Rabbit(forgot the title). Both of which features 2d animation with real life cast.

Beowulf was another recent full 3d one but when I saw the first few scenes I stopped watching because the nature of it being 3d just killed the mood of the movie. It was like a giant joke, you know. I think I'll go watch the original Christopher Lambert Beowulf instead.

From that FF vs XIII trailer, again, the same things: hair too stiff, human movements look awkward, objects dont look like they have weight at all. There doesn't seem to be a discernible difference since Advent Children except perhaps better graphics and details.
2923 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/08

zfpinoy wrote:


Get a fucking life, spammer.


Why don't you ask yourself that. I never even reported thread... I only stated opinion which is allowed.

Let me ask you something....How am i spamming then? Please define it for me....and ill acknowledge being a spammer then.

Cause in my definition of spamming it usually results in: One word, a chain letter, or continuous posts (that includes making threads).

"And I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet"


You don't have the right to say that also. If i deserve to be ban then ill be ban... I don't care. If you ask me... you are still a dumba** newb and i have life a**hole...You shouldn't even talk tough.

Plus what i do isn't your concern. Why don't you read the Damn Forum Rules...and see whose being a dumba**.



Then, my friend, there is a problem with your definition of "spam". Spam basically is a useless, pointless, unwanted post that doesn't have any relation to or discuss the initial topic at all (and yes, this argument is one gigantic spam).

here, learn something new:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spam


You know.. there is a common saying that goes: those who doesn't know much about the topic at hand are usually the ones who bark oh so loudly. Stop barking and say something about animation that we can all learn from.

I am not going to reply to this particular argument after this post so as not to kill the usefulness of this thread; so I suggest you don't waste your (and the people who will read your mindless posts) time either.
2542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Davao City , Phil...
Offline
Posted 1/3/08
3d coz its cooler then anime..like final fantasy advent children really cool animation..
7692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/3/08

lordlag wrote:


thegodcode wrote:



CG movie it kind awesome too


yeah i was wondering if you have to play the video game first before watching this movie just to follow the story... did you play the video game?


yes,ans i got the Game of RESIDE EVIL CODE: Veronica X and RESIDE EVIL 4 so it gonna be awesome that movie the Character from RESIDE EVIL CODE: Veronica X and RESIDE EVIL 5 is gonna be in that movie
10900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / no code to escape...
Offline
Posted 1/3/08

projectcedric wrote:

Then, my friend, there is a problem with your definition of "spam". Spam basically is a useless, pointless, unwanted post that doesn't have any relation to or discuss the initial topic at all.

here, learn something new:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spam

You know.. there is a common saying that goes: those who doesn't know much about the topic at hand are usually the ones who bark oh so loudly. Stop barking and say something about animation that we can all learn from.

I am not going to reply to this particular argument after this post so as not to kill the usefulness of this thread; so I suggest you don't waste your time (and the people who will read your mindless posts) either.


Pssh idc if your not going to read it not but I was asking you OWN definition of spam... And I hardly believe that spam when i was focusing on the forum rules. Think about it first before making a reaction. Why don't you take the link and shove it your *** because you need to learn what you post first... Dude....who was barking at first... I was stating a opinion yet your throwing more information that wasn't even close to spam. First off learn to read the rules of the forum then i might consider saying knowledgeable to this thread. I'm sure you won't since you made this the problem anyways.


First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.