First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Anti-Foreign Protest in Japan Halloween eve
Posted 11/3/09 , edited 11/3/09
Yeah I usually don't go "here" but this is kinda bullshity what happened to some foreigners in Japan the night before Halloween because some foreigners where wanting to celebrate the holiday. People had protest and where saying hurtful things such as "get the hell out of Japan and go home", or "WARNING! MOTHERFUCKING-FOREIGNERS, THIS IS JAPAN. THIS IS NOT A WHITE COUNTRY” etc. I find it kinda of hateful that some people bother do this in this day in time. Also here is a few pics and I will post a link as well, now i will say this not all Japanese people are like this i know that for a fact but the fact that it happened still shocks me.




http://www.japanprobe.com/2009/11/01/anti-foreign-protests-in-tokyo-on-halloween-night/
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/3/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

Yeah I usually don't go "here" but this is kinda bullshity what happened to some foreigners in Japan the night before Halloween because some foreigners where wanting to celebrate the holiday. People had protest and where saying hurtful things such as "get the hell out of Japan and go home", or "WARNING! MOTHERFUCKING-FOREIGNERS, THIS IS JAPAN. THIS IS NOT A WHITE COUNTRY” etc. I find it kinda of hateful that some people bother do this in this day in time. Also here is a few pics and I will post a link as well, now i will say this not all Japanese people are like this i know that for a fact but the fact that it happened still shocks me.




http://www.japanprobe.com/2009/11/01/anti-foreign-protests-in-tokyo-on-halloween-night/


and this is surprising because...? Yea this kind of stuff still happens in all countries around the world.And Japanese culture is known for being homogenious, so is it surprising that they wont take well to foriegners changing thier culture? (they didnt have much of a choice after WWII though... ).

But when people come into a country and start infusing it with thier own culture, people will get angry. It's natural. It's not ecocentric either, People coming into a foreign country and taking over isnt meant to be easily accpeted. peace over war
Posted 11/3/09


Some that i did know but i am still surprised that in this day in age after we helped them rebuild their country, gave them alot of good technology etc that we get treated like shit then again it's probably because of very fact.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/3/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



Some that i did know but i am still surprised that in this day in age after we helped them rebuild their country, gave them alot of good technology etc that we get treated like shit then again it's probably because of very fact.


i dont think its the fact that they r American, but rather they dont want traditions that they dont understand in thier country.It's a reasonable argument- "What is Holloween?" i dont understand it", whats the point?" "get out of my country with that wierld tradition".

The same would probably happen if some African came in there doing voodoo or some traditional African dance. peace over war
Posted 11/3/09
Those Japanese individuals are clearly showing more intolerance than the rest of the already homogeneous nation. Therefore I agree with JJT2 here that it's not so surprising when it's actually quite pathetic. When their intolerance will only further solidify the homogeneous society that is Japan.
19454 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/3/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



Some that i did know but i am still surprised that in this day in age after we helped them rebuild their country, gave them alot of good technology etc that we get treated like shit then again it's probably because of very fact.



Well The same shit happens in America so I do not see the big deal.

As for Halloween in Japan I did celebrate it 4 times.. And all four times I celebrated it with my Japanese community. (people seem to forget I lived in Japan and met my love of my life there) (So its probably some group of nut jobs out too purify there Japanese roots...! Much like the religious crazies in America.) At that I had more bigger Halloween party in Japan (masked party) than I have ever had in America.

There is Haters no matter where you go, that is just how some people are. Usually its do to a lot of anger issues.
Posted 11/3/09
eh, oh well you got to respect other people's feeling about that so this is not new. lol always wondered did Japanese dislike Europeans.
20924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
Maybe it is because of bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Posted 11/3/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



Some that i did know but i am still surprised that in this day in age after we helped them rebuild their country, gave them alot of good technology etc that we get treated like shit then again it's probably because of very fact.



Well The same shit happens in America so I do not see the big deal.

As for Halloween in Japan I did celebrate it 4 times.. And all four times I celebrated it with my Japanese community. (people seem to forget I lived in Japan and met my love of my life there) (So its probably some group of nut jobs out too purify there Japanese roots...! Much like the religious crazies in America.) At that I had more bigger Halloween party in Japan (masked party) than I have ever had in America.

There is Haters no matter where you go, that is just how some people are. Usually its do to a lot of anger issues.


That's what i figured for the most part when i visited japan as child all i can remember is how nice everyone was and being treated really kindly with respect as well, unlike what i go through here lol
Posted 11/4/09 , edited 11/4/09

azera wrote:

Maybe it is because of bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?


Most probably. I've seen documentations that mentioned that the Japanese still secretly have a grudge as their pride was hurt badly at that time. A dishonourable loss for them.
4557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bermuda Triangle
Offline
Posted 11/4/09 , edited 11/4/09
-Gee this reminds me of the time Neo-Nazis had a parade done a street on the other side of my town. They had a float and didn't do anything harmful but people were egging them and stuff and the police were there on site to arrest those who were violent (who were pretty much the protestors). Ya, conflicting cultures

-Well it's either Japanese hating on a demonic-looking tradition or the fact that their house on that particular night has more visitors than usual. It just so happens those visitors are dressed up to go to a convention, to scare off your genetiles, or to rape you. Not only do they have the nerve to show up at you door with outstanding attire, they also threaten you (trick) if you don't give them sweets (treat). If I didn't know what was going on I think I'd hate that
Posted 11/4/09 , edited 11/4/09

crunchypibb wrote:

-Gee this reminds me of the time Neo-Nazis had a parade done a street on the other side of my town. They had a float and didn't do anything harmful but people were egging them and stuff and the police were there on site to arrest those who were violent (who were pretty much the protestors). Ya, conflicting cultures

-Well it's either Japanese hating on a demonic-looking tradition or the fact that their house on that particular night has more visitors than usual. It just so happens those visitors are dressed up to go to a convention, to scare off your genetiles, or to rape you. Not only do they have the nerve to show up at you door with outstanding attire, they also threaten you (trick) if you don't give them sweets (treat). If I didn't know what was going on I think I'd hate that

OBJECTION![/sarcasm]

In Western society, we have the freedom not to participate Halloween by not displaying any Hallowing decoration, or even a simple sign that says "no trick-or-treating". And others will respectfully turn away and leave them alone. But I guess that's asking too much from a homogeneous society to even understand that.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/4/09
The Japanese people have a right to protest and say whatever hurtful things they like. I don’t condone such behavior but it is their god given right, and considering that they’re the only country who’s ever been the victim of nuclear warfare I’d say it’s understandable that they’re so anti-foreigner. I mean, they spent their entire history under the Mikado and local systems with local traditions and then we force democracy upon them and make them the second most powerful economic force in the world?!
Posted 11/4/09

SeraphAlford wrote:

The Japanese people have a right to protest and say whatever hurtful things they like. I don’t condone such behavior but it is their god given right, and considering that they’re the only country who’s ever been the victim of nuclear warfare I’d say it’s understandable that they’re so anti-foreigner. I mean, they spent their entire history under the Mikado and local systems with local traditions and then we force democracy upon them and make them the second most powerful economic force in the world?!


I do agree but the funny thing is they celebrate Christmas as well or with out the Christ anyways but i still found it shocking non the less u know
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
117
Offline
Posted 11/4/09 , edited 11/4/09
lol some of their signs belong on engrish.com

I don't think this has anything to do with Halloween, they celebrate it and Christmas regularly all over Japan. And it's in their media, like in dramas, so it's pretty much a part of their culture too now. It's just an excuse for nationalists and racists to protest I guess.



azera wrote:

Maybe it is because of bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?


I don't think they would be that ridiculous, that was the US, not all foreigners and all 'white people.' Second of all it was the US government's actions in WW2, it's 2009 and the actual people had no say in whether to drop the bomb or not. It's just racism.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.