First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Irish accent beats French as world's sexiest
Posted 11/3/09
Men with an Emerald Isle brogue came top in a poll of 5,000 women worldwide, while the French accent only came fourth, just ahead of Australian.

Italian, the native language of stars such as jockey Frankie Dettori, was second.

In third place was the Scottish burr, made famous by actor Sean Connery

English was sixth and Swedish was seventh, with Spanish, Welsh and American completing the top 10.

A spokesman for www.OnePoll.com, which carried out the international survey, blamed French president Nicolas Sarkozy for the French accent's fall from grace.

"The French accent is nowhere near as popular as it used to be," he said.

''You can probably blame Nicolas Sarkozy for that, he has single-handedly changed the perception of how the world sees French men.

''It is good news for the Irish that they have come top, they have been in and around the top five for years now.

''But high-profile stars such as Colin Farrell have helped bring the accent more to the fore.''

The study also found three fifths of women admitted they had been seduced by someone purely because of their accent, while two fifths said they would much rather sleep with a man who had a nice accent, compared to a harsh one.

World's Sexiest Accents

1. Irish
2. Italian
3. Scottish
4. French
5. Australian
6. English
7. Swedish
8. Spanish
9. Welsh
10. American
----------------------------

No sir,you are not Irish enough...Next please
5342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 11/3/09 , edited 11/3/09
I don't think French is the sexiest accent... but I think it beats Irish.. Irish just reminds me of leprechauns and uhh... the song "I'm Gonna Be" by The Proclaimers, which is totally on my ipod. hahahahaha, but it's not that sexy.

The top 5 should be like this:
1. Spanish
2. Scottish (I love Sean Connery, lmfao.)
3. French
4. English
5. Italian

I won't do the rest, but Spanish accents are sexy, really really really sexy. XD
21223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/09 , edited 11/3/09
Irish? Huh. I can see why, in a way.

1. SPANISH. OH GOD YES. ♥
2. Russian
3. Canadian
4. Australian
5. British
6 lol. German
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sacramento, the c...
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
four worst accents

1)a fat guys accent
2)a fat girls accent
3)a fat retards accent
4)an iraqis accent
Posted 11/3/09

el-jacko wrote:

four worst accents

1)a fat guys accent
2)a fat girls accent
3)a fat retards accent
4)an iraqis accent


you missed counting the votes..I believe you get to be the first according to that raking
as it's most abviouse you're a fat guy who pretends to be a fat girl which makes your accent so retarded =D

see..you still can win something,just don't give up (;
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
The Irish accent is dead sexy, I must admit.
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sacramento, the c...
Offline
Posted 11/3/09

life-oxygen wrote:


el-jacko wrote:

four worst accents

1)a fat guys accent
2)a fat girls accent
3)a fat retards accent
4)an iraqis accent


you missed counting the votes..I believe you get to be the first according to that raking
as it's most abviouse you're a fat guy who pretends to be a fat girl which makes your accent so retarded =D

see..you still can win something,just don't give up (;


hah, say what you want biatch i am big but not fat, im also a blackbelt in jiu jitsu, fat retards cant be that...


btw, abviouse is spelt obvious

10942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Wherever i feel l...
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
irish beats french! Only cause i doubt Irish people have to learn as much grammar as in french (><)
Posted 11/3/09

el-jacko wrote:


life-oxygen wrote:


el-jacko wrote:

four worst accents

1)a fat guys accent
2)a fat girls accent
3)a fat retards accent
4)an iraqis accent


you missed counting the votes..I believe you get to be the first according to that raking
as it's most abviouse you're a fat guy who pretends to be a fat girl which makes your accent so retarded =D

see..you still can win something,just don't give up (;


hah, say what you want biatch i am big but not fat, im also a blackbelt in jiu jitsu, fat retards cant be that...


btw, abviouse is spelt obvious



I do make half sense most of the time...at least this half was obvious =]

and don't worry son.In these days,you can be anything as long as you are retarded (;
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sacramento, the c...
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
Posted 11/3/09

el-jacko wrote:



spelling is kinda lame excuse don't you think?
anywho the duck's quack doesn't echo..and the creativity is at low charge
so I'll not argue about not arguing.,,thank you very much ^_^
21223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/09

life-oxygen wrote:


el-jacko wrote:



spelling is kinda lame excuse don't you think?
anywho the duck's quack doesn't echo..and the creativity is at low charge
so I'll not argue about not arguing.,,thank you very much ^_^


IAWTC. :|
Posted 11/3/09
^ thank you my lady
1589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Philii ,.
Offline
Posted 11/3/09
I am so proud to be Irish <3 (:
4295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Youtube!
Offline
Posted 11/5/09
I TOLD you it was sexy.

I'm so lucky to have an Irish boyfriend... *swoon*
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.