First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Atomic Bombs Saved Lives
Posted 1/12/10


sigh not this again I do not agree for what Japan did in pearl harbor in way shape or for nor do I agree with war period, it's a political game that is used to trick people to needlessly sacrifice themselves for the so called "greater good", but moving who where we to have a right to take that lives in a single instant?? What about those people that did die what could have come of them if they did live?? No one will ever know but that is the choice that we made sadly no one will ever know the horror of what those people went through that did survive and the amount of pain that they had to suffer because of radiation poisoning, or having they entire city that completely destroyed in a flash. Tch Atomic bombs just lead to more horror in human history but sigh what do I know I am just an average human with thoughts and opinions, that's may not be good enough to debate with anyone else....
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Cali
Offline
Posted 1/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


VIDEOTAPE wrote:

The use of nuclear weaponry is never justifiable especially on a heavily weakened Japan. Truman had a hard on for the new technology that he had just developed and at the time NO ONE understood nuclear physics fully and even in America we were poisoning ourselves with frivolous nuclear technology like "x-ray shoe sizers" . Truman is a war criminal and it was among one of the american presidencies most irresponsible decisions

"Weaken" as they were, the Japanese elitists were forcing their own citizens to fight to the death. All in the name for their "glorious" emperor and not for themselves.

The Manhattan Project started way before Truman had to take over as a substitute of Roosevelt for obvious reason. And the fact that they made two working atomic bombs based on two different mechanisms, suggests that at least somebodies knew for sure how atomic physics work. And don't get radiation therapy mixed up with nuclear physics, it's very irrational.

And finally, your bias opinions about national politics has no place in history or science. Especially when they're unjustified.


I was referring to the unintentional and many times lethal doses of radiation, lol therapy, that the American public was subjected to, and I'm sorry but the poisoning of the future generations of the Japanese citizens whos only crime was being born after WWII in Japan cannot be justified. And New Mexico also has something to say about this great understanding we had of nuclear physics. If at the time we had any idea of how adverse the effects of nuclear fallout we would have tested it out of our own damn country, and the notion that just because we can make a bomb out of something means we understand it is pure fallacy. The bomb was a huge mistake to even make, as such noted scientists as Einstien and his associates said.

Lastly my political opinions most certainly, biased as you may claim they are, most certainly belong here and the fact that you suggest they don't is actually quite inappropriate and unhealthy for discussion. So I'll say it again, Truman was a war criminal and his willingness to use the bomb was a mistake of the highest magnitude.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
48142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/10
I think the atomic bomb did save lives. Not just the lives of Japanese and American soldiers, but it also helped end Japanese empiricism. Hundreds of thousands were being killed, enslaved, and persecuted by the Japanese when they occupied countries like the Koreas, Manchuria, the Philippines, and others. The atomic bomb was an unfortunate necessity. Honestly, no one is forcing the Japanese to live in Hiroshima or Nagasaki, they live there despite knowing of the threat of radiation. The atomic bomb saved lives and helped stop an oppressive and bloody regime.
Posted 1/12/10 , edited 1/12/10

VIDEOTAPE wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


VIDEOTAPE wrote:

The use of nuclear weaponry is never justifiable especially on a heavily weakened Japan. Truman had a hard on for the new technology that he had just developed and at the time NO ONE understood nuclear physics fully and even in America we were poisoning ourselves with frivolous nuclear technology like "x-ray shoe sizers" . Truman is a war criminal and it was among one of the american presidencies most irresponsible decisions

"Weaken" as they were, the Japanese elitists were forcing their own citizens to fight to the death. All in the name for their "glorious" emperor and not for themselves.

The Manhattan Project started way before Truman had to take over as a substitute of Roosevelt for obvious reason. And the fact that they made two working atomic bombs based on two different mechanisms, suggests that at least somebodies knew for sure how atomic physics work. And don't get radiation therapy mixed up with nuclear physics, it's very irrational.

And finally, your bias opinions about national politics has no place in history or science. Especially when they're unjustified.


I was referring to the unintentional and many times lethal doses of radiation, lol therapy, that the American public was subjected to, and I'm sorry but the poisoning of the future generations of the Japanese citizens whos only crime was being born after WWII in Japan cannot be justified. And New Mexico also has something to say about this great understanding we had of nuclear physics. If at the time we had any idea of how adverse the effects of nuclear fallout we would have tested it out of our own damn country, and the notion that just because we can make a bomb out of something means we understand it is pure fallacy. The bomb was a huge mistake to even make, as such noted scientists as Einstien and his associates said.

Lastly my political opinions most certainly, biased as you may claim they are, most certainly belong here and the fact that you suggest they don't is actually quite inappropriate and unhealthy for discussion. So I'll say it again, Truman was a war criminal and his willingness to use the bomb was a mistake of the highest magnitude.

Starting the War itself was the mistake, ending it OTOH isn't. Or are you so willingly to ignore the fact that the Japanese elitists were ordering their citizens to die for their emperor, even after they were asked by the Allies to surrender on July 26, 1945. Before the first atomic bomb dropped on August 6, 1945 at Hiroshima.

Therefore I ask, who exactly is the one that ordered the start of the Pacific War on December 2, 1941, while refused to end it when they clearly could? When I too have my bias opinion on the subject, especially I knew exactly how history played out.
362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Boston, Ma
Offline
Posted 1/12/10
I think from an American perspective it was a good move, because it saved alot of lives from dying at the hands of a desperate japanese army. Japan would have bombed us if they had made it first, because all is fair in love and war.

I love japan though, and I know its a tough subject for japanese peopl.
Posted 1/13/10


Starting any war is mistake in my opinion but yeah moving on, with that sense though it is war we train our solders no matter what country it is to die for the glory of that set country we or America trains solders to die for our "freedom" that we have here and do not surrender etc. I will admit Japan did it to a very extreme level but that's there way of waging warfare fight until ever man is dead or bring disgrace to your family, they used horrible mind games and politics on the people in order to do this, but again all is fair in love and war. Dom I had an a great uncle that served in WW2 and he remembers well what the Japanese did and there way of killing I loved to hear his old war stories before he died 2 years ago, and he still thinks that there should have a been a better way of doing it than using the A-Bomb but he still supported his president and his military no matter what. He also served in occupied for 4 years after the bombings and could not believe how some people looked that where still alive with burn marks everywhere or the lethal doses of Rad poisoning that needed to be cleaned up and so on. Even then he still did not lose any respect for his country or president I guess you could say that is some form of elite patriotism and i liked him for that.
Posted 1/13/10 , edited 1/13/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



Starting any war is mistake in my opinion but yeah moving on, with that sense though it is war we train our solders no matter what country it is to die for the glory of that set country we or America trains solders to die for our "freedom" that we have here and do not surrender etc. I will admit Japan did it to a very extreme level but that's there way of waging warfare fight until ever man is dead or bring disgrace to your family, they used horrible mind games and politics on the people in order to do this, but again all is fair in love and war. Dom I had an a great uncle that served in WW2 and he remembers well what the Japanese did and there way of killing I loved to hear his old war stories before he died 2 years ago, and he still thinks that there should have a been a better way of doing it than using the A-Bomb but he still supported his president and his military no matter what. He also served in occupied for 4 years after the bombings and could not believe how some people looked that where still alive with burn marks everywhere or the lethal doses of Rad poisoning that needed to be cleaned up and so on. Even then he still did not lose any respect for his country or president I guess you could say that is some form of elite patriotism and i liked him for that.

But the problem is that near the end of WW2, the Japanese elitists ordered the Japanese civilians and not just their already weaken military, to fight 'til their death not in the honor of their families, but ultimately for the glory of the Japanese emperor.

And before the atomic bomb dropped at Hiroshima on August 1945, there was the Tokyo Firebombing since November 1944, that created more death and destruction on the Japanese civilians. And yet the Japanese elitists and not the emperor himself did not surrender to the Allies on July 1945, after nearly 8 months of firebombing.

Therefore I ask is this what the responsible Japanese elitists should govern their citizens with compassion? Or is it fair for the Japanese citizens to suffer and be sacrificed at the hands of a bunch of malicious war criminals, that started the war when they shouldn't and didn't end it when they could. Regardless of your personal thoughts and feelings, as well as the rampant overused fairness of "respecting one's culture". Because if that would've worked, the US shouldn't had fought back at all.
Posted 1/13/10


Respecting their culture has nothing to do with it, It's war we train or men and woman to die for the sake of our country so we can obtain the greater good in end or so I was raised to believe. They where doing what they where thought right in war and I still disagree with it, I disagree with war period, because as I have said before It's all a political game of power and control over ones people. America had ever right to fight back but I still believe that they shouldn't have used the bomb and I will never change my mind about that.
Posted 1/13/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



Respecting their culture has nothing to do with it, It's war we train or men and woman to die for the sake of our country so we can obtain the greater good in end or so I was raised to believe. They where doing what they where thought right in war and I still disagree with it, I disagree with war period, because as I have said before It's all a political game of power and control over ones people. America had ever right to fight back but I still believe that they shouldn't have used the bomb and I will never change my mind about that.

It's normally not my style to speak hypothetically about the past choices we've made, unless it's for us to figure out a better way of doing things in our future. By learning about our mistakes in the past.

Therefore I ask, was the Japanese elitists back in WW2 learning anything about their countless losses near the end of the Pacific War? When they unfairly ordered their Japanese citizens to make the ultimate sacrifice with their life, just to glorify one authority figurehead with their Imperial loyalism.

And do you honestly think that those Japanese elitist, who're only loyal to themselves could actually be reasoned with? When all they did after 8 months of firebombing was dead silence. How would you deal an enemy who refused to come to their senses? When they had lost all sense of morality and knew no shame.
Posted 1/13/10 , edited 1/13/10


no dom there was no reasoning with them, they are to hard headed to be reasoned with, but i still think we shouldn't have killed so many innocent people with the use of the a-bomb. We should have thought of a way to kill of the main heads of those families that held the greatest amount of power to weaken and bring fear to the other families in order to surrender to make them surrender and see that would have been no mercy.
Posted 1/13/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



no dom there was no reasoning with them, they are to hard headed to be reasoned with, but i still think we shouldn't have killed so many innocent people with the use of the a-bomb. We should have thought of a way to kill of the main heads of those families that held the greatest amount of power to weaken and bring fear to the other families in order to surrender to make them surrender and see that would have been no mercy.

This is why that now we've got a special insurgent unit in the US Navy Seal for just those kind of black operations. However there were nothing quite like it back in those days.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.