First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Which religion is this?
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 11/14/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:

You've already answered your own statement. That bigger 'essence' is God. That 'Universal Life Force' is God.
Animism is like Pagan and Pagan is like Greek or Norse traditions.



She stated that she doesn't believe in a sentient deity. She doesn't believe that that life force has a will, or is able to think, or able to be aware of anything. So unless God doesn't know anything, that bigger life force that she believes in isn't God.

Also, while Hitler did do what he did partly to advance himself, the other part of his motivation was to do what was best for his people. He was just eliminating what he perceived to be a threat to his people, which is essentially no different than what a mother does for her child. So again we come to the problem of defining good and evil, which is impossible. I can't say anything about the Muslim God since I don't know the Qu'ran, but I do know that certain other gods have no problem slaughtering tons of people to do what he/she/they think is right, so in some religions Hitler's actions could be considered a good deed.
636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Andromeda
Offline
Posted 11/14/09

Cuddlebuns

Also, while Hitler did do what he did partly to advance himself, the other part of his motivation was to do what was best for his people. He was just eliminating what he perceived to be a threat to his people, which is essentially no different than what a mother does for her child. So again we come to the problem of defining good and evil, which is impossible. I can't say anything about the Muslim God since I don't know the Qu'ran, but I do know that certain other gods have no problem slaughtering tons of people to do what he/she/they think is right, so in some religions Hitler's actions could be considered a good deed.


I agree with you; that's why there were the commandments and law that define what evil is, a good goal or intention shouldn't justify using evil methods to achieve it.


18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 11/14/09

Real_ZERO wrote:


Cuddlebuns

Also, while Hitler did do what he did partly to advance himself, the other part of his motivation was to do what was best for his people. He was just eliminating what he perceived to be a threat to his people, which is essentially no different than what a mother does for her child. So again we come to the problem of defining good and evil, which is impossible. I can't say anything about the Muslim God since I don't know the Qu'ran, but I do know that certain other gods have no problem slaughtering tons of people to do what he/she/they think is right, so in some religions Hitler's actions could be considered a good deed.


I agree with you; that's why there were the commandments and law that define what evil is, a good goal or intention shouldn't justify using evil methods to achieve it.




If that is the case just about all the leaders and people from the bible are in hell. Evin god should be sent to hell for what he has done... O I forget he is above the LAW! He him self needs not fallow his own law, yet we have to. (GOD your a Hypocrite.) You can not even fallow your own laws but you expect us to. (thank Loki that there are free thinkers out there.)

10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 11/14/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:

She stated that she doesn't believe in a sentient deity. She doesn't believe that that life force has a will, or is able to think, or able to be aware of anything. So unless God doesn't know anything, that bigger life force that she believes in isn't God.

Also, while Hitler did do what he did partly to advance himself, the other part of his motivation was to do what was best for his people. He was just eliminating what he perceived to be a threat to his people, which is essentially no different than what a mother does for her child. So again we come to the problem of defining good and evil, which is impossible. I can't say anything about the Muslim God since I don't know the Qu'ran, but I do know that certain other gods have no problem slaughtering tons of people to do what he/she/they think is right, so in some religions Hitler's actions could be considered a good deed.


She believe in 'bigger essence' or life force. By that means, is just natural phenomenon that able to create all universe without any fallacy that we're able to survived until this day? Any single false orbit, Earth will be too hot and too cold for human to live. Have been said that, I don't know much about science, but science able to exists because of God. Therefore, God possess all knowledge and science methodology. In Islam phrases, human's knowledge only able to grasp a bowl of water, while God's knowledge contains a whole ocean.

Hitler did it for German people and Germans were given prosperity and glorious position in Europe. German was the best army because of Hitler and its people were thankful because of what he did. However, Hitler did that by causing destruction to other people, such as massacre and looting other countries to achieve German's prosperity. While German people were able to buy jewels, the other side were unable to feed themselves. What he did was bad. It's like a man pointing a gun to other people to give him money or robbery.
While, a mother does her best to her child without hurting anyone else. No one hurt for a mother raising her baby. It's not even comparable from begin with.

If you're interested, you should read Qur'an. It contains of history lesson of human history before AD, scientific phenomenons that are contradict with current science, while I think current science is old compared to Qur'an and moral lessons that could govern humanity all century.

Of course, there's many factors that could define whether it's good or evil. Humans are unable to look into both sides, that's why we used God's laws to determine humans act and to justify what they did, because God knows everything, deep inside human's heart, wide outside human's act. Including the causes that might happen for their actions. Now what kind of human that we should kill to brings good for society? A murderer, a rapist or dictators that bring nothing but misery to whole people? Killing is necessary when it brings benefit to people in general, not because of self-interest.

Therefore, human shouldn't look into white and black only, there are severe factors that could be taken into account to determine ones action. That's why Light and Darkness always exists in this world. No entire right and no entire wrong. Humans judge humans by God's laws and God determines all in afterlife.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 11/15/09

Ryutai-Desk

She believe in 'bigger essence' or life force. By that means, is just natural phenomenon that able to create all universe without any fallacy that we're able to survived until this day? Any single false orbit, Earth will be too hot and too cold for human to live. Have been said that, I don't know much about science, but science able to exists because of God. Therefore, God possess all knowledge and science methodology. In Islam phrases, human's knowledge only able to grasp a bowl of water, while God's knowledge contains a whole ocean.


But she doesn't believe that that bigger essence actually knows anything. And apparently she doesn't believe that the essence's existence centers around the existence of mankind, which is what many people who believe in God think, as demonstrated by your belief that he put the Earth in a perfect position just for us.


Hitler did it for German people and Germans were given prosperity and glorious position in Europe. German was the best army because of Hitler and its people were thankful because of what he did. However, Hitler did that by causing destruction to other people, such as massacre and looting other countries to achieve German's prosperity. While German people were able to buy jewels, the other side were unable to feed themselves. What he did was bad. It's like a man pointing a gun to other people to give him money or robbery.
While, a mother does her best to her child without hurting anyone else. No one hurt for a mother raising her baby. It's not even comparable from begin with.

If you get near a bear's cub, it will attack you. If a suspicious looking stranger picked up your baby, chances are you'd flip out and attack him, or at least yell at him. So depending on how you look at it, all Hitler was doing was protecting his people from what he perceived to be a threat. Of course I'm not trying to justify his actions, just showing that good and evil aren't so distinct and clear.


If you're interested, you should read Qur'an. It contains of history lesson of human history before AD, scientific phenomenons that are contradict with current science, while I think current science is old compared to Qur'an and moral lessons that could govern humanity all century.


I don't have time to read the Qur'an, I have no way to get a Qur'an, and if I did my family would literally kill me. They aren't too tolerant of other beliefs. Maybe later in life when I'm out on my own.

How is modern science outdated compared to the Qur'an? Does the Qur'an completely and accurately describe things like how to build a car or DNA replication? Those are just two examples of the countless things we've discovered without the aid of religious texts.


636 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Andromeda
Offline
Posted 11/15/09

Darkphoenix3450
If that is the case just about all the leaders and people from the bible are in hell. Evin god should be sent to hell for what he has done... O I forget he is above the LAW! He him self needs not fallow his own law, yet we have to. (GOD your a Hypocrite.) You can not even fallow your own laws but you expect us to. (thank Loki that there are free thinkers out there.)



Allah is Master of the Day of Judgment(the Day of Resurrection), He is The Utterly Just; treats no one with injustice, takes account of every single thing, every injustice will be paid back on the Day of Judgment, even if one goat hits another with its horns it will be taken account of.

10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 11/15/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:

But she doesn't believe that that bigger essence actually knows anything. And apparently she doesn't believe that the essence's existence centers around the existence of mankind, which is what many people who believe in God think, as demonstrated by your belief that he put the Earth in a perfect position just for us.


That means natural phenomenon. To be honest, it's hard to believe something unknown would be able to manage the world without any fallacy. Not only Earth's position, all nature's creature around us really gives us examples that everything are being managed by God, even human's body. Thus, those are being demonstrated not only by belief, but also by science.


Cuddlebuns wrote

If you get near a bear's cub, it will attack you. If a suspicious looking stranger picked up your baby, chances are you'd flip out and attack him, or at least yell at him. So depending on how you look at it, all Hitler was doing was protecting his people from what he perceived to be a threat. Of course I'm not trying to justify his actions, just showing that good and evil aren't so distinct and clear.


Apparently, bears are scared creatures, if you meet them in mountain wearing bell, they'll avoid you. Depends on what kind of bear and what did you do to the bear. Why a stranger interested in your baby? To make ransom or to sell the baby? It depends on what's his intention. Or maybe this stranger rescued your baby because you abusing your baby and he will send it to baby medical center? Ones must to make clear of their actions might results by communicating.

Right, Hitler was originally trying to defend his country, German. Yes, any individual who only wanted to protect and strengthen its country is not bad, instead they'd be called as Patriot and Hero, that is good actions for the sake of its people. However, when they tried to invade other countries and occupying them, it's not 'defensive act to protect' but 'offensive act to looting, occupying and killing'. This is when good action became evil.


Cuddlebuns wrote

I don't have time to read the Qur'an, I have no way to get a Qur'an, and if I did my family would literally kill me. They aren't too tolerant of other beliefs. Maybe later in life when I'm out on my own.

How is modern science outdated compared to the Qur'an? Does the Qur'an completely and accurately describe things like how to build a car or DNA replication? Those are just two examples of the countless things we've discovered without the aid of religious texts.


Don't you have freedom in Atheist as long as it's not hurt someone? I hope it's not like blind faith, it could divert the truth even though it's clearly being proven. After all, we're on the internet. There's not problem we read Qur'an. If you like to read it online, here's the link : http://www.ediscoverislam.com/Quran/. Or you might able to download it.

Yes it is, as Qur'an has revealed absolute facts in its true perspective some 1400 years ago. If you wanted to directly to know the verses that stated about science, you could go here.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-573155/qualiasoup-putting-faith-in-its-place/#28290267
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 11/15/09

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

If that is the case just about all the leaders and people from the bible are in hell. Evin god should be sent to hell for what he has done... O I forget he is above the LAW! He him self needs not fallow his own law, yet we have to. (GOD your a Hypocrite.) You can not even fallow your own laws but you expect us to. (thank Loki that there are free thinkers out there.)



Most everyone chose to be an Atheist because they only referring to one holy book. Why not look into other's holy book? All Atheist tends to look into the truth, correct? It's pretty sad, when they neglect the truth, while we have it in our holy book is Islam. I hope Atheist not stuck to their blind faith and their Loki.
5229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mammago Garage, Y...
Offline
Posted 11/15/09 , edited 11/15/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


Most everyone chose to be an Atheist because they only referring to one holy book. Why not look into other's holy book? All Atheist tends to look into the truth, correct? It's pretty sad, when they neglect the truth, while we have it in our holy book is Islam. I hope Atheist not stuck to their blind faith and their Loki.


Actually, many people become atheist because they see a whole bunch of holy books, and when they try to figure out which one is right, everyone from every religion can give reasons why their book is right and everyone else's book is wrong. So the problem isn't that we only look at one book and say "oh that's stupid," the problem is that we see all these books that say every other book is wrong, and we can't find any way to determine which one is right.

We're not neglecting the truth, we're acknowledging the fact that there may be no way to know the truth, instead of looking at some book and saying "well my parents and everyone else in my culture and my family thinks this is the truth, so I'll believe in it too."

And I already said that I don't have time to read an entire holy text, assuming it's as lengthy as the Bible. I have school and stuff to worry about, so when my life is less hectic I'll take a look at it. It's not that I'm against reading it, I've wanted to for a while, I just don't have the time. The rest of my family isn't atheist btw.
Posted 11/15/09
Yours I don't think has a name. There are some other people out there with similar beliefs. I often wonder myself what there is or isn't beyond us. I'd say it is all left up to our parting with this life. The biggest questions I think will all eventually have true answers. Time will tell.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 11/16/09

Cuddlebuns wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:


Most everyone chose to be an Atheist because they only referring to one holy book. Why not look into other's holy book? All Atheist tends to look into the truth, correct? It's pretty sad, when they neglect the truth, while we have it in our holy book is Islam. I hope Atheist not stuck to their blind faith and their Loki.


Actually, many people become atheist because they see a whole bunch of holy books, and when they try to figure out which one is right, everyone from every religion can give reasons why their book is right and everyone else's book is wrong. So the problem isn't that we only look at one book and say "oh that's stupid," the problem is that we see all these books that say every other book is wrong, and we can't find any way to determine which one is right.

We're not neglecting the truth, we're acknowledging the fact that there may be no way to know the truth, instead of looking at some book and saying "well my parents and everyone else in my culture and my family thinks this is the truth, so I'll believe in it too."

And I already said that I don't have time to read an entire holy text, assuming it's as lengthy as the Bible. I have school and stuff to worry about, so when my life is less hectic I'll take a look at it. It's not that I'm against reading it, I've wanted to for a while, I just don't have the time. The rest of my family isn't atheist btw.


That's very reasons when I wasn't even a muslims. I tried to look into different kind of religion due to needs of education from school. Then, I heard about a holy book that they say, it's not being changed or amendment at all from 1400 years ago. I tried to look it up, and that when I found about science in holy book ever. Not like ones which denies earth's old or the center of galaxy, and not only mention to praise the God, but rather to improve yourself according to God's laws.

This is when I had impression that Islam's god doesn't need us to worship Him blindly, but rather live with sense that not neglecting current science and moreover improving humanity at whole. From morality, way of life, science, behavior, knowledge and pride. It's like a complete set of a human's world of how it should be from the past and for the future. It's completely different from what I've encountered from many holy books.

Apparently, Islam is the fastest growing religion in Europe and America, surprisingly after 9/11tragedy. Many might wonder what kind of religion is this that always been associated with terrorism. Well, I think many of them are curious to learn and not having prejudiced about it before they fully know what is it all about. As results, many has been converted to Islam after read Qur'an and learn the practices of it. All because they are willing to learn and not having negative sentiments towards it despite what media always told them. Well, if you have time, you always welcome to attend one of mosques in your area. In our belief, people that aren't muslim are priority when they asked questioins regarding Islam. Having fun to learn that won't contradict to current science.

PS: Actually I was being sarcastic about blind faith to Darkphoenix, not to all Atheist. After all, I tend to respect Atheist's opinions more rather than fundamentalist one. :]




Posted 11/23/09
i dont know but i am a rastafarian fo sho
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.