First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Mother Theresa
Posted 11/10/09 , edited 11/10/09

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


She had connections to rich people and politicians to made her effort easier. She was smart for using her figure and image to influenced rich politicians working together with her, in order to help poor people through her. She did not asked people to repay back and she lived with them and 'touched' them directly.







She had connections with thieves and dictators who were giving her money which they recieved from the same sick poor people she was helping. Circus.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 11/10/09
Awww, I used to love Mother Theresa and look up to her. I'll just hope she was just being used by the evil Catholic Church and was still genuinely an amazing person.
933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / PHILIPPINES
Offline
Posted 11/13/09

ShroomInferno wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:

yes I do believe in her ...... no matter what they say ... I'll stick to my faith


Even if it turns out that your faith would be dead wrong? [hypothetical question]

Editor note: Edited to make it more obvious that it's hypothetical.


that's why I have faith cause I believe in my faith no matter what ... and what if it's not dead wrong??
we have authentic freedom to choose our religion. wrong or right it doesn't matter as long as you believe
Posted 11/14/09

dustinemarlee wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:

yes I do believe in her ...... no matter what they say ... I'll stick to my faith


Even if it turns out that your faith would be dead wrong? [hypothetical question]

Editor note: Edited to make it more obvious that it's hypothetical.


that's why I have faith cause I believe in my faith no matter what ... and what if it's not dead wrong??
we have authentic freedom to choose our religion. wrong or right it doesn't matter as long as you believe


Dunno what to say actually. This is odd you say this.
933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / PHILIPPINES
Offline
Posted 11/14/09

LadyVertz wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:

yes I do believe in her ...... no matter what they say ... I'll stick to my faith


Even if it turns out that your faith would be dead wrong? [hypothetical question]

Editor note: Edited to make it more obvious that it's hypothetical.


that's why I have faith cause I believe in my faith no matter what ... and what if it's not dead wrong??
we have authentic freedom to choose our religion. wrong or right it doesn't matter as long as you believe


Dunno what to say actually. This is odd you say this.


what's odd there??? my belief in something that MIGHT be fake?
Posted 11/14/09

dustinemarlee wrote:


LadyVertz wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:


ShroomInferno wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:

yes I do believe in her ...... no matter what they say ... I'll stick to my faith


Even if it turns out that your faith would be dead wrong? [hypothetical question]

Editor note: Edited to make it more obvious that it's hypothetical.


that's why I have faith cause I believe in my faith no matter what ... and what if it's not dead wrong??
we have authentic freedom to choose our religion. wrong or right it doesn't matter as long as you believe


Dunno what to say actually. This is odd you say this.


what's odd there??? my belief in something that MIGHT be fake?


Why not? We all believe in anything but our beliefs may be nothing.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/14/09

ShroomInferno wrote:

From what I can tell she gave people hope, but other than that she didn't do anything admirable, in my opinion. Doctors without borders are a lot more admirable. They go to war-stricken countries, and offer their assistance even though they have to provide all of this help in really poor conditions as they've got barely any material to do proper surgeries, for proper medication for the wounded, and sick. They don't just talk, they actually DO something. Maria Theresa just quickly caressed the sick, and wounded people's face, and moved on. But in terms of hope, yes, she surely did have an influence on those people. But a futile one.


not 100% accurate about mother Tereasa

"Mother Teresa (26 August 1910 – 5 September 1997), born Agnesë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu (pronounced [aɡˈnɛs ˈɡɔndʒe bɔjaˈdʒiu]), was an Albanian[2][3] Roman Catholic nun with Indian citizenship[4] who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata (Calcutta), India in 1950. For over 45 years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity's expansion, first throughout India and then in other countries.

By the 1970s she was internationally famed as a humanitarian and advocate for the poor and helpless, due in part to a documentary, and book, Something Beautiful for God by Malcolm Muggeridge. She won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 and India's highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna, in 1980 for her humanitarian work. Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity continued to expand, and at the time of her death it was operating 610 missions in 123 countries, including hospices and homes for people with HIV/AIDS, leprosy and tuberculosis, soup kitchens, children's and family counselling programs, orphanages, and schools.

She has been praised by many individuals, governments and organizations; however, she has also faced a diverse range of criticism. These include objections by various individuals and groups, including Christopher Hitchens, Michael Parenti, Aroup Chatterjee, Vishva Hindu Parishad, against the proselytizing focus of her work including a strong stance against abortion, a belief in the spiritual goodness of poverty and alleged baptisms of the dying. Medical journals also criticised the standard of medical care in her hospices and concerns were raised about the opaque nature in which donated money was spent.

In 1996 Mother Teresa was proclaimed directly by Act of Congress an Honorary Citizen of the United States. Following her death she was beatified by Pope John Paul II and given the title Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.[5][6]" - Wikipedia


U dont win the nobel peace prize for "caressed the sick, and wounded people's face, and moved on". She was a huge humanitarian. peace over war
Posted 11/14/09 , edited 11/14/09
I've read Wiki too, you know and this is not The Truth itself.
I'm sorry but your points are weak, JJ.
I started this discussion because this person is surrounded by controversial facts. If she was a Huge Humanitarian then there wouldn't be any point to discuss her in this context.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/14/09 , edited 11/14/09

LadyVertz wrote:

I've read Wiki too, you know and this is not The Truth itself.
I'm sorry but your points are weak, JJ.
I started this discussion because this person is surrounded by controversial facts. If she saw a Huge Humanitarian then there wouldn't any point to discuss her.


wikipedia says the same thing, it outlined her contriversal acts- baptizing the dead ,anti abortion, seeing the good in poverty, ect.

But like all politicians, they each have a naughty side.No one is perfect. I say her good out does her "evil". I mean, i can philosophicaly argue why poverty is good ne way. Cause we still have poverty today, so it obviously has it's fuction in society. "Sharing the wealth" never and will never work. No one here is saying Mother was perfect, ect. I mean she was Catholic... . I just dont think these contriverses should be focued on to turn her into some kind of monster. I mean she's done a lot more then many critics have done.

Same with John F Kenedy, Dr martin Luther King, Hitler, ect. They all had thier good and bad sides. Some just had a much heavier good side.

Edit: i didnt get the chance to look at the videos, but i will later on tonight, and edit my post as i see it.Though im not a fan of propoganda peace over war
Posted 11/14/09 , edited 11/14/09

JJT2 wrote:




No one here is saying Mother was perfect, ect. I mean she was Catholic... .


Good one , ha!

Actually it's a three part video so if you want to see and finish it just look at related vids on youtube. Also there is a book with a kinky title "Missionary Position" which explains her "bad side".
The point of Devilizing (does this word exist? I think no ) her is that she was trying/pretending to do something but ended up managing tonnes of hospitals around the world when a thinking person would just organize a few but with real help. Her "These people's suffering will end soon so it's needless to help em as soon as they are gonna see our creator" is more about fanatic stuff.
Also she took a lot of dollars from dictators and corrupted politicians who stole these money by oppressing and killing same people she was trying to help.
This maybe shows her as just a not smart and fanatic person which is kinda true BUT if she was like that, they shouldn't canonize her and talk about her as she'd been Dalai Lama.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 11/14/09 , edited 11/14/09

LadyVertz wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:


She had connections to rich people and politicians to made her effort easier. She was smart for using her figure and image to influenced rich politicians working together with her, in order to help poor people through her. She did not asked people to repay back and she lived with them and 'touched' them directly.


She had connections with thieves and dictators who were giving her money which they recieved from the same sick poor people she was helping. Circus.


Because there's no absolute evil nor absolute good. As humans are unable to determine one specifically, but in general. However, she retrieved money from politicians, thieves, dictators to feed the poor. The money from poor were stolen by thieves, dictators and those money were given to Theresa and Theresa give it back to poor people. In this circulation of money, at the end poor people had the money and aid. The money won't be stolen again because Theresa gave them protection because of her connection and influence.

Does anyone treat her method as similar as Robin Hood? Robin Hood used violence to get money and help poor. But Theresa used flaccidity and politics to get money and help poor.Nowadays, it's rare we see people use politics to help poor.
Undeniable facts, people during poverty period were able to survived from hunger because of Theresa.

933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / PHILIPPINES
Offline
Posted 11/15/09
The Saint's gone give her a break believe her or not just respect her
Posted 11/15/09 , edited 11/15/09

dustinemarlee wrote:

The Saint's gone give her a break believe her or not just respect her


She's not The Saint, dammit. Why do you even post here if you are so ignorant? People discussed her and there is a bunch of unpleasant facts about her but you probably think it's all a made-up haux to make her look bad. Because of fucking blind faith, people's ignorance and their wish to not use their brains but believe everything they see on tv and read in books this world is going to hell.
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Davao
Offline
Posted 11/15/09
I don't know. Wasn't really a practiced catholic.
They said she was like our mother, she cures people, she's like a saint and she made all this good deeds.
But we can never be so sure about that. =P
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 11/15/09

LadyVertz wrote:


dustinemarlee wrote:

The Saint's gone give her a break believe her or not just respect her


She's not The Saint, dammit. Why do you even post here if you are so ignorant? People discussed her and there is a bunch of unpleasant facts about her but you probably think it's all a made-up haux to make her look bad. Because of fucking blind faith, people's ignorance and their wish to not use their brains but believe everything they see on tv and read in books this world is going to hell.


Cool story you have there.
Because of haters, their ignorance and methods to attack her but trying to connect everything to make her looks bad. Neglecting what she has done to poor people because of ... what? This world has enough of hater.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.