First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Creationism ... and some other stuff, too
Posted 5/23/07
It's not based off a feeling, it's based off a relationship. I don't need scientific proof, because my proof is the close realtionship I have with God. I trust Him.
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Springfield, Illi...
Offline
Posted 5/23/07

rhymesrule89 wrote:

I'm not saying that the universe wasn't created by any of these methods

Thats what i'm saying
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/23/07

jamehze wrote:

Also about the Big Bang and the origin of matter:
http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1978/penzias-lecture.pdf

It's a pretty difficult reading, though, for me at least. I had a bit of trouble comprehending all of it. Took a couple of tries to get the overall gist of it all. However, I'm not the smartest kid around so don't be intimidated.


You rule! thanks for sharing that link.
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 5/23/07
its just sad that some people utter the word "oh my God" when theyre in trouble and yet denies his existence.

but i dont think creationism should be taught in schools.
15140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 5/23/07

bellus-vae wrote:

its just sad that some people utter the word "oh my God" when theyre in trouble and yet denies his existence.

Well for me (and I'm assuming a majority of people), who says "oh my god" daily, it's just a common phrase that has worn off on me and holds no meaning.
Posted 5/23/07

jamehze wrote:

Hey, if everyone agreed, things wouldn't be as exciting then right?

Anyway, I can't say anything against blind faith, but that doesn't help support your argument either. Without some primary source or substantial evidence, you're still not providing proof.

Also the church has been known to support many of the scientific theories that we have. To be honest, it makes the other side look weaker since they cannot even have a cohesive argument since they Christians are even split on the matter.


That's what my brother says. He researches stuff when challenged because he has enough faith that he's not scared he's going to find something that'll disprove God. I don't get that deep into arguing, so I don't bother. but I agree with you. You can't support an argument with just blind faith. You can defend your beliefs with it, but stating research will help support your side of the arguement.
349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Jolly old England
Offline
Posted 5/23/07
One thing I just realised needs to be taken into account, which lesson is creationism being taught in.
Posted 5/23/07
I don't believe creationism should be taught in public schools. I also don't believe that the big bang theory should be taught in school, or any way of how the earth was created unless you're taking a class on religion, or philosophy.

I do, however, agree the theory of evolution should be taught in school. Not just evidence that supports it, but evidences against it, so kids can make the decision themselves whether to believe in it or not. However, it shouldn't be taught in history class, like it was in my school. It should be taught in a science class.
76 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Springfield, Illi...
Offline
Posted 5/23/07
Well put
45677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Rochester, NY (USA)
Offline
Posted 5/23/07
"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding." -Martin Luther

Religion and faith is supposed to be based solely on blind faith. That's the entire point. Otherwise man would have no "test of faith" like you see in the bible so often.

You cannot argue for religion and you were never meant to in the first place.

As for teaching creationism in schools, thats a definite no as far as I'm concerned (at least in the US.) Separation of church and state extends to the public schools. If you want to raise you're child religiously than you must accept that responsibility as a parent. If you think it's to much work and whatnot, consider it another test of faith.
4009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/23/07

SephirothXIII wrote:

^ all hail to the brothers of the Pastafarians! Pirates = ultimate divine beings.


amen brother!

evolution has been proven but let blindly disregade it!
15140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Minnesota
Offline
Posted 5/23/07

lumiina wrote:

I don't believe creationism should be taught in public schools. I also don't believe that the big bang theory should be taught in school, or any way of how the earth was created unless you're taking a class on religion, or philosophy.

I do, however, agree the theory of evolution should be taught in school. Not just evidence that supports it, but evidences against it, so kids can make the decision themselves whether to believe in it or not. However, it shouldn't be taught in history class, like it was in my school. It should be taught in a science class.


This I don't agree with because the big bang is a scientific theory and creationism isn't, so it should be in the same field with evolution. No idea why you'd want the big bang taught in a philosophy class.
Posted 5/23/07

Knightwyvern wrote:

"Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding." -Martin Luther

Religion and faith is supposed to be based solely on blind faith. That's the entire point. Otherwise man would have no "test of faith" like you see in the bible so often.

You cannot argue for religion and you were never meant to in the first place.

As for teaching creationism in schools, thats a definite no as far as I'm concerned (at least in the US.) Separation of church and state extends to the public schools. If you want to raise you're child religiously than you must accept that responsibility as a parent. If you think it's to much work and whatnot, consider it another test of faith.


You're right, there's no need to argue religion. I think one can argue it, but it's pointless because proving something right isn't what saves a person, faith is. Sayings facts isn't going to make someone trust God, it's their own choice. We can't make someone trust someone. It is our job just to tell them that God loves them, and that they can trust Him. We weren't meant to argue for it.
349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Jolly old England
Offline
Posted 5/23/07
When it comes down to the creation of the universe schools shouldn't really teach anything due to a lack of solid proof from anywhere.
Posted 5/23/07

fuzzmaster wrote:


lumiina wrote:

I don't believe creationism should be taught in public schools. I also don't believe that the big bang theory should be taught in school, or any way of how the earth was created unless you're taking a class on religion, or philosophy.

I do, however, agree the theory of evolution should be taught in school. Not just evidence that supports it, but evidences against it, so kids can make the decision themselves whether to believe in it or not. However, it shouldn't be taught in history class, like it was in my school. It should be taught in a science class.


This I don't agree with because the big bang is a scientific theory and creationism isn't, so it should be in the same field with evolution. No idea why you'd want the big bang taught in a philosophy class.


Sorry, I meant ethics. Isn't that the same this as philosophy?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.