First  Prev  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  Next  Last
Post Reply Falling In Love With...Anime Characters?
1588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pandora's Box
Offline
Posted 8/9/10
i do fall inlove with anime characters and i totally admit it ((:
49138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/9/10
I'm sorry but it's just seriously messed up... you people need to go out and get laid (to real people, not just in your head).

You can watch the anime you can like the characters... but falling in love with them is just sad, pathetic and possibly just a little bit crazy.

They aren't real and most of all they don't return your affections which isn't healthy (even in real life it's not healthy to be obsessed with somebody who doesn't like you... that's called a STALKER.)

Maybe I'm getting a little worked up but when I see comments on episodes like "I want Chromes feet" and "Chrome is my wife" and "I want to marry tsunada" and "I (HEART) Sakura" etc I just get a little worked up.

1) Chrome (or other anime girl that) is about 12-14 - Our survey says: PEDOPHILE. - they're not even legally allowed to be married never mind you raping them in your sick twisted head. You're probably on your governments watch list, so I hope they find you soon. (and if I were you and a UK resident I'd stay off 'those' websites because it's illegal to own ANY material (drawn or otherwise) containing children in inappropriate situations.)

2) Sakura (or insert 'other anime girl name' here) isn't REAL - GO OUTSIDE... find a real person to play with and/or a therapist to talk to because you're a little deluded.

The reason I'm getting so worked up is because this is becoming the sort of stereotype for anybody who watches anime... and I'm NOT one of these people... I watch the anime for the storyline, the interesting ideas/abilities, the laughs... not cos i want to watch my 'future wife' get raped by tentacles.

NB: I'm sure there's plenty of regular people out there who just like the characters a little bit... but I'm ONLY talking about the far end of the obsession meter (the ones who own ALL the dolls of their favorite under-aged character) - and probablly more about people who have crushes on children... which if you didn't already realise... is sick.


509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Iloilo,Philippines
Offline
Posted 8/9/10
oh i fell madly inlove with kosuke ueki from ueki no housoku...xDD i even made my own comic strip that he is my boyfrined [ in my imagination that is ] xDDD
The Wise Wizard
79337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/9/10 , edited 8/9/10
Time to put on my devil's advocate suit.


StorableLight wrote:

I'm sorry but it's just seriously messed up... you people need to go out and get laid (to real people, not just in your head).

Interesting that you said "get laid" rather than "get a real girlfriend". Do you equate sex with love, or just believe these people state they are in love with fictional characters because they are sexually frustrated?


1) Chrome (or other anime girl that) is about 12-14 - Our survey says: PEDOPHILE. - they're not even legally allowed to be married never mind you raping them in your sick twisted head. You're probably on your governments watch list, so I hope they find you soon. (and if I were you and a UK resident I'd stay off 'those' websites because it's illegal to own ANY material (drawn or otherwise) containing children in inappropriate situations.)

Have you taken note of the ages of many people posting on CR? If someone is 14, how would that make them a pedophile? For that matter, apparently according to the clinical definition, a person 17 or under cannot be a pedophile. (Not something I agree with, as I would think a 16 year old interested in a 4 year old clearly should be classified as such, but that is a completely different discussion).

Also, keep in mind CR has a worldwide user base. Just because a 20 year old being interested in the a 12-14 year old seems creepy and inappropriate to you doesn't mean it is unacceptable in that person's country.

Especially when it comes to older characters (i.e., high school age), keep in mind we are talking about fictional characters here. You only know what age they are because that is what you are told. Take your typical 15 year old high school character, change nothing about them but their putting them in college instead, and you would think they were 18 or older.


The reason I'm getting so worked up is because this is becoming the sort of stereotype for anybody who watches anime... and I'm NOT one of these people... I watch the anime for the storyline, the interesting ideas/abilities, the laughs... not cos i want to watch my 'future wife' get raped by tentacles.

At least you are honest enough to admit the real reason. I don't see these people doing you or anyone else any real harm. In my book, that means no one should have any right to try and restrict them. There are plenty of people out there that think in ways I don't agree with, but as long as they abide by the law in the real world, I have no right to interfere with them, and have every right to expect the same for myself.


15847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chesapeake, VA
Offline
Posted 8/9/10 , edited 8/9/10
ooooooooh my my my. I have fallen in love with Anime Character COUNTLESS times. But ya see, thats one of the things so unique about Anime, it has a way of making the viewer become emotionally attatched to the character and story line. As if you are actually appart of it. Which is why when a Character dies, the viewer is effected emotionally.

By the way, Pedophiles should never be allowed on this website. For the safety of children. Hell if I had my way, they'd be killed or isolated from the General Population.
49138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/9/10

TheAncientOne wrote:

Have you taken note of the ages of many people posting on CR? If someone is 14, how would that make them a pedophile? For that matter, apparently according to the clinical definition, a person 17 or under cannot be a pedophile. (Not something I agree with, as I would think a 16 year old interested in a 4 year old clearly should be classified as such, but that is a completely different discussion).


I was kinda hinting towards the 20+ year olds living in their mothers basements... I don't understand where exactly you're going with this... you're kinda disproving your own words...


TheAncientOne wrote:
Also, keep in mind CR has a worldwide user base. Just because a 20 year old being interested in the a 12-14 year old seems creepy and inappropriate to you doesn't mean it is unacceptable in that person's country.


I'm sorry... I was talking about civilised countries where raping children isn't acceptable.


TheAncientOne wrote:
Especially when it comes to older characters (i.e., high school age), keep in mind we are talking about fictional characters here. You only know what age they are because that is what you are told. Take your typical 15 year old high school character, change nothing about them but their putting them in college instead, and you would think they were 18 or older.


If you take a real 14 year old who is a bit taller and more developed than her peers, dress her up like she in college... does she not look like she's in college? I think you'll find most girls can look a lot older than they are thanks to make-up.

Also are you denying the possiblity that watching and fantasising about non-real under-aged children wont eventually lead to actual physical abuse of real under-aged children?


TheAncientOne wrote:
At least you are honest enough to admit the real reason. I don't see these people doing you or anyone else any real harm. In my book, that means no one should have any right to try and restrict them. There are plenty of people out there that think in ways I don't agree with, but as long as they abide by the law in the real world, I have no right to interfere with them, and have every right to expect the same for myself.


I don't need to see comment boxes flooded with these types of comments... hense the reason why i said they need to get laid, to get rid of their sexual frustration so they stop talking about which anime boob is bigger or who has the nicest imaginary arse.

The Wise Wizard
79337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/9/10 , edited 8/9/10

Otaku2012 wrote:

ooooooooh my my my. I have fallen in love with Anime Character COUNTLESS times. But ya see, thats one of the things so unique about Anime, it has a way of making the viewer become emotionally attatched to the character and story line. As if you are actually appart of it. Which is why when a Character dies, the viewer is effected emotionally.


As I stated in an earlier message, it is actually the character's atributes the person is in love with. If someone in real life appeared in front of them with those same attributes (or just more of them), I sincerely doubt they would ignore them. In fact, it probably wouldn't take them long to almost completely forget about the anime character.

Of course, if the character one is in love with has unrealistic attributes, you might well die of old age before meeting anyone in real life that comes close.

For example, If you were a guy (or a girl, for that matter), in love with Belldandy, you no doubt have a looonngg wait.



By the way, Pedophiles should never be allowed on this website. For the safety of children. Hell if I had my way, they'd be killed or isolated from the General Population.

This is getting off topic, but is important enough to warrant a response.

How do you tell if someone is a pedophile when they join? I suppose realistically, the only thing CR could do is check user info against lists of registered sex offenders. After the fact, do you kick off anyone that says anything non-negative about lolicon, or ban anyone that says anything about a character being sexy or hot that is x years younger than their listed age? The problem I see with that is that CR would be playing thought police.

Frankly, one thing that bothers me is that CR has no limitation on users under 18 sending buddy requests to those over 18 or visa versa.

It was somewhat of a shock when I received my first buddy request from someone under 18. I think the first was a 16 year girl. I thought at the time that if I were a parent, and saw some 49 year old guy on their buddy list, I would be quite suspicious. Couple this with the fact that most parents think of anime as something only kids are interested in, and this just screamed "bad idea".

Perhaps needless to say, at that point I decided on a policy of declining all buddy requests from persons under 18, although I usually explain to the person this is why I declined.

The real question is if it is a good idea for CR to allow this to begin with. Of course a dividing line at 18 would mean someone 17 years old could not buddy someone age 19, so obviously some leeway would be prudent, but allowing for example, a 50 year old to buddy a 13 year old?!?

I wonder if this deserves a topic of its own?
15847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Chesapeake, VA
Offline
Posted 8/9/10
It think to avoid conflit on this page it does in fact need a topic of its own. And the way to tell if someone is a pedo is if there is an adult user friending minors more often then they friend adults, then maybe, just maybe.

As to the other thing, Not all anime characters have unrealistic attributes. Take Chise for Example, all to common. I fall in love grow an attachment to a character I find Physically Cute, By Personality/Attribute, or just by the way they behave after an episode or more. Hell if there life story or issue interest me I grow attached to them. As for everyone else…I can’t say the same.
The Wise Wizard
79337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/9/10

StorableLight wrote:
I was kinda hinting towards the 20+ year olds living in their mothers basements... I don't understand where exactly you're going with this... you're kinda disproving your own words...

In the event you have not learned yet, subtley is difficult to convey in forums. It is better to state your intentions clearly, especially since you were advising the to "get laid".

Exactly how am I "kinda disproving" my own words? Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of "devil's advocate"?

If by some chance you think I am one of those "mother's basement" types, I will have to crush your expectations. Not only did I move out of my parent's home ASAP, but I have owned my own home, free and clear, for some time now.



I'm sorry... I was talking about civilised countries where raping children isn't acceptable.


Typical western arrogance. You think any country that doesn't have the same beliefs is more primitive and "uncivilized".

More to the point, once again, you immediately sexualized the matter, jumping the enormous chasm between "interest" and "rape". It may come as a shock to you, but there are still societies where sex before marriage is highly disapproved of, and it is more typical for engagements to last years than the going from dating to living together or marriage in 6-9 months.

Perhaps you should, as you put it, "get laid" before your next post so that you can think solely with your brain in your head and not let the one in your pants interfere.



If you take a real 14 year old who is a bit taller and more developed than her peers, dress her up like she in college... does she not look like she's in college? I think you'll find most girls can look a lot older than they are thanks to make-up.

She might look like she is in college, but unless she is not only taller than her counterparts, but substantially more mature as well, she isn't going to pass. There is a reason a fake ID that might work if you're 17 likely isn't if you are 14. Simply put, 14 year old anime characters are rarely written any different than 19 year old anime characters. No big surprise, since most are written by persons in their 20's or much older. From a writing standpoint, it is better to write most of the characters older than risk insulting your audience. Most people like to believe they are more mature than they really are.


Also are you denying the possiblity that watching and fantasising about non-real under-aged children wont eventually lead to actual physical abuse of real under-aged children?

No more than I would deny that people that play violent video games may engage in violent acts, or people that view porn may engage in rape.

Oh, but of course only a minority of those that play violent video games don't engage in violent acts, and only a minority of those that view porn will ever rape anyone, and those that do were quite likely to have been pre-disposed to such acts before coming into possession of such material.

If there were any strength to your argument, Japan should be a hotbed of rape and pedophile crimes, yet their rate is below that of not only the U.S, but your own country, as well.



I don't need to see comment boxes flooded with these types of comments... hense the reason why i said they need to get laid, to get rid of their sexual frustration so they stop talking about which anime boob is bigger or who has the nicest imaginary arse.

Unless you are clicking through to profiles or have a good memory for information about individual users, you have basically admitted you don't know whether these users are 13 or 25.

So much for "kinda hinting towards the 20+ year olds living in their mothers basements".

That also means you are potentially advising to minors that they "get laid".

Posted 8/9/10
does people really do that? i wonder...
22133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / In The Meawdow of...
Offline
Posted 8/9/10
It's okay to have a crush and stuff but love maybe going a bit too far. Besides, I once had a crush on Sebastian in Kuroshitsuji. He's hot~ XD
49138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/9/10 , edited 8/9/10

TheAncientOne wrote:
Exactly how am I "kinda disproving" my own words? Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of "devil's advocate"?


I do... and in this instance i don't understand why you would need or want to.

You're disproving you're own words by saying that a 4 year old having sex with 12 year old they'd still be a pedophile... it's the same if a 17 year old has sex with a 14 year old. (in the UK it would be classed as statutory rape regardless of how near the age of consent they are)


TheAncientOne wrote:

If by some chance you think I am one of those "mother's basement" types, I will have to crush your expectations. Not only did I move out of my parent's home ASAP, but I have owned my own home, free and clear, for some time now.


Where exactly did I say that? I don't insult people directly... I don't need to... clearly by your un-required defence you obviously have some issues with the subject... Defence mechanisms are in place all over the human brain.


TheAncientOne wrote:
Typical western arrogance. You think any country that doesn't have the same beliefs is more primitive and "uncivilized".

More to the point, once again, you immediately sexualized the matter, jumping the enormous chasm between "interest" and "rape". It may come as a shock to you, but there are still societies where sex before marriage is highly disapproved of, and it is more typical for engagements to last years than the going from dating to living together or marriage in 6-9 months.


Who is really more civilised?... the mohekie tribe with their sticks and mud huts... or us with our cars and computers.... oh no wait that's right... it's us. - Frankie Boyle (Scottish Comedian)

And i feel like i'm taking about something else to you... I'M ONLY TALKING ABOUT SEXUAL FANTASIES SO OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE SEXUALISED. and i'm ONLY talking about under-aged anime characters being idolised and being the centre of fantasies of MUCH older men


TheAncientOne wrote:
Perhaps you should, as you put it, "get laid" before your next post so that you can think solely with your brain in your head and not let the one in your pants interfere.

See: Above

and NB: Got laid on friday thanks for the offer tho.


TheAncientOne wrote:
She might look like she is in college, but unless she is not only taller than her counterparts, but substantially more mature as well, she isn't going to pass. There is a reason a fake ID that might work if you're 17 likely isn't if you are 14. Simply put, 14 year old anime characters are rarely written any different than 19 year old anime characters. No big surprise, since most are written by persons in their 20's or much older. From a writing standpoint, it is better to write most of the characters older than risk insulting your audience. Most people like to believe they are more mature than they really are.


You clearly don't go to any bars/clubs then. There's more 14 year olds there than legally aged people.

I beg to differ... I don't know what anime you've been watching but they tend to draw 19 year olds and 14 year olds considerably different...
In the clothes they wear and how tall they are in correspondance to standard objects i.e. door frames, tables, etc and to their upperclassmen, teachers and parents. Even without being told how old said character is you'd be able to make an educated guess.

This however is MEANINGLESS; it's as you said previously you're being TOLD (in most anime) how old this character is and having sexual feeling for this under-aged character is wrong.


TheAncientOne wrote:
No more than I would deny that people that play violent video games may engage in violent acts, or people that view porn may engage in rape.

Oh, but of course only a minority of those that play violent video games don't engage in violent acts, and only a minority of those that view porn will ever rape anyone, and those that do were quite likely to have been pre-disposed to such acts before coming into possession of such material.


surely you mean only a "only a minority of those that play violent video games engage in violent acts" - this was assumed in the following:

Hmmm... this is something i'll never understand, as a psychology student... people who play violent video games are not prone to violence it; in actual fact it REDUCES violent tendancies in real life... because you're physically doing it in the game. (use me as a subject: I play VERY violent video games... and i can't even kill insects without feeling VERY horrible.) - see a variety of different studies done for proof (i.e. pick up any new psychology text book)

However pornographic material is simply viewing and therfore encourages it because you're not getting anything out of it; it's like watching somebody make a beautiful meal, on a cooking show, getting hungry and then wanting to go and eat... where as with video games you're satisfying that 'hunger'.


TheAncientOne wrote:
If there were any strength to your argument, Japan should be a hotbed of rape and pedophile crimes, yet their rate is below that of not only the U.S, but your own country, as well.


Again something i can't understand... there's a similar debait in the UK against legalising canibis... and that in countries where it legal the crime rate for ilegal drugs has decreased. DUH... if you make killing people legal the crime rate for murder will decrease too...

If you make something easier or change what child abuse is then there's going to be LESS any crimes REPORTED (that being the key word here, it still happens but it's just not reported)... where in the UK sex crimes are reported more because it's got a broader range and the age of consent is higher.

In conclusion: more things class as rape in the UK (and possibly the USA) due to different laws, so of course there's going to be a higher sex crime rate! where in Japan LESS things class as rape so LESS things are reported as rape, but in the UK we still see them as rape, which is what it acutally is.


TheAncientOne wrote:
Unless you are clicking through to profiles or have a good memory for information about individual users, you have basically admitted you don't know whether these users are 13 or 25.

So much for "kinda hinting towards the 20+ year olds living in their mothers basements".

That also means you are potentially advising to minors that they "get laid".


I make assumptions that they were over 16 because children shouldn't be talking like that. Obviously you hear your kids (or other kids) talk about who's pussy is tigher and who would you fuck who over? 'Cos i sure don't.
The Wise Wizard
79337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/9/10 , edited 8/9/10

StorableLight wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:
Exactly how am I "kinda disproving" my own words? Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of "devil's advocate"?


I do... and in this instance i don't understand why you would need or want to.

You do?

Main Entry: devil's advocate
Function: noun
Etymology: translation of New Latin advocatus diaboli
Date: 1760

1 : a Roman Catholic official whose duty is to examine critically the evidence on which a demand for beatification or canonization rests
2 : a person who champions the less accepted cause for the sake of argument


Do I need to? No. I do it because anyone with a vested interest in it would be at a disadvantage. Perhaps I am a frustrated wanna-be lawyer because I got the silly idea while getting my bachelor's degree that there were already too many lawyers in the U.S. and it would probably be difficult to make a good living. Ergo, law school was be an unwise investment in time and money. (Actually, the "too many lawyers" part wasn't a silly idea, but the rest apparently was).


You're disproving you're own words by saying that a 4 year old having sex with 12 year old they'd still be a pedophile... it's the same if a 17 year old has sex with a 14 year old. (in the UK it would be classed as statutory rape regardless of how near the age of consent they are).

By that logic, if the age of consent was 16, a 16 year old having sex with a 15 year old would make the 16 year old a pedophile. Common sense has to come into play at some point. Most jurisdictions have some exception for age of consent if the two parties are in close proximity. Perhaps the UK is an exception to this.


Where exactly did I say that? I don't insult people directly... I don't need to... clearly by your un-required defence you obviously have some issues with the subject... Defence mechanisms are in place all over the human brain.

I've been in enough of these devil's advocate arguments to know that the other party will often try to link the arguing party directly to the issue in some way. I felt a pre-emptive strike was the best move.

You are correct that I had an issue with it. I love being on my own, and despite having good parents and a good home, couldn't wait to get out of there. I wish I had the means to have done it as soon as I turned 18.


Who is really more civilised?... the mohekie tribe with their sticks and mud huts... or us with our cars and computers.... oh no wait that's right... it's us. - Frankie Boyle (Scottish Comedian)

Nice try, but I wasn't talking about some primitive tribe.


And i feel like i'm taking about something else to you... I'M ONLY TALKING ABOUT SEXUAL FANTASIES SO OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO BE SEXUALISED. and i'm ONLY talking about under-aged anime characters being idolised and being the centre of fantasies of MUCH older men


From your original message:

"You can watch the anime you can like the characters... but falling in love with them is just sad, pathetic and possibly just a little bit crazy."

Either you do equate sex with love or you meant something different there.

Also, as to ONLY talking about under-aged characters, I wonder what you meant by this example from your first message:

"...but when I see comments on episodes like "I want Chromes feet" and "Chrome is my wife" and "I want to marry tsunada" and

I thought you were referring to some character I was unfamiliar with, so I Googled "Tsunada" and all I came up with was pages with mispellings of Tsunade, a Naruto character that is probably older than I am.



You clearly don't go to any bars/clubs then. There's more 14 year olds there than legally aged people.

You're right. I don't, and never have. Due to an upbringing in a Christian household, I had a strong inhibition against drinking, and I saw no reason to change that when I began to form my own beliefs when I was older.


I beg to differ... I don't know what anime you've been watching but they tend to draw 19 year olds and 14 year olds considerably different...
In the clothes they wear and how tall they are in correspondance to standard objects i.e. door frames, tables, etc and to their upperclassmen, teachers and parents. Even without being told how old said character is you'd be able to make an educated guess.

I wouldn't mind seeing a visual example of this. Of course, I expect I could counter with a image that shows that based on normal body proportions, most anime characters would be 6-7 feet tall, or 10 feet for those in xxxHolic.

Unless something has changed in the past 35 years, I also think I would be correct in asserting that the average bust size of a class of 14 year olds girls in anime is well above the average for same age in the US or UK, much less Japan. Heck, I don't remember many 17 year olds in my high school being that well endowed.


This however is MEANINGLESS; it's as you said previously you're being TOLD (in most anime) how old this character is and having sexual feeling for this under-aged character is wrong.

By that logic, if a character looks like a young girl (e.g. Mina Tepes) then it is okay. After all, you were told she is a few hundred years old, not to mention that isn't her true form.


surely you mean only a "only a minority of those that play violent video games engage in violent acts" - this was assumed in the following:

Hmmm... this is something i'll never understand, as a psychology student... people who play violent video games are not prone to violence it; in actual fact it REDUCES violent tendancies in real life... because you're physically doing it in the game. (use me as a subject: I play VERY violent video games... and i can't even kill insects without feeling VERY horrible.) - see a variety of different studies done for proof (i.e. pick up any new psychology text book)

However pornographic material is simply viewing and therfore encourages it because you're not getting anything out of it; it's like watching somebody make a beautiful meal, on a cooking show, getting hungry and then wanting to go and eat... where as with video games you're satisfying that 'hunger'.

You seem to conveniently overlook that viewing of pornographic material is usually accompanied or followed by masturbation. I would say that is a strong analog to your video game example. After all, in violent video games you don't get the sensation of actually plunging a knife into someone's chest, or feeling your fist or foot collide with their face or body. Likewise, masturbation doesn't offer the full ranges of sensation as the actual physical act, but still has the same end result.


Again something i can't understand... there's a similar debait in the UK against legalising canibis... and that in countries where it legal the crime rate for ilegal drugs has decreased. DUH... if you make killing people legal the crime rate for murder will decrease too...

You appear to be missing the point of that argument (if it is the same as in the U.S.), which is that the crime rate for drug-related offenses would drop. The U.S. learned a reverse lesson in this during the Prohibition Era. Unfortunately, it appears we didn't learn it well enough, and there is a lot of FUD about "letting the genie out of the bottle" from those who simply don't wish for cannabis to be legalized (i.e, people that feel it is immoral).


If you make something easier or change what child abuse is then there's going to be LESS any crimes REPORTED (that being the key word here, it still happens but it's just not reported)... where in the UK sex crimes are reported more because it's got a broader range and the age of consent is higher.

I expected you would play the "undereporting" card. Exactly which laws in Japan lessen what is considered child sexual abuse? Although the national age of consent in Japan is 13, localities have the right to raise that age, and most do. Some prefectures have the age of consent as high as 18, which as I understand, beats the UK by 2 years. Apparently one of those localities is Tokyo.


In conclusion: more things class as rape in the UK (and possibly the USA) due to different laws, so of course there's going to be a higher sex crime rate! where in Japan LESS things class as rape so LESS things are reported as rape, but in the UK we still see them as rape, which is what it acutally is.

Perhaps you would care to back up these claims with some comparisons of actual laws.


I make assumptions that they were over 16 because children shouldn't be talking like that. Obviously you hear your kids (or other kids) talk about who's pussy is tigher and who would you fuck who over? 'Cos i sure don't.


From earlier in your same message I am replying to:

"You clearly don't go to any bars/clubs then. There's more 14 year olds there than legally aged people."

Rather difficult to reconcile those two statements. 14 year olds abound in bars and clubs, but don't talk that way about sex?

I have news for you, I heard kids talk like that...35 years ago. I do not expect the talk has gotten less explicit.


As it appears this could drag for an unknown length of time, I will rest the case of the defense, but reserve my right to make a closing argument. (I don't know how it is in the UK., but typically in the US, the prosecution goes first for closing arguments, and the defense last).

262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/9/10
I think if you fall in love with an anime character, you just need a life.
49138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/9/10

TheAncientOne wrote:
A whole mess-o-shizzle that would result in the post being about 8 pages long


I'm not letting you walk away using court room analogies!

1)I know what devils advocate means (AGAIN)... the reason i don't see why would would possibly want to is beacuase you're arguing why child abuse is okay. Why; if somebody raped my 2 year old niece I should find that acceptable.

2) In the UK a 16 year old raping a 15 year old... is still statutory rape by law and they can be arresed. - If you strangle somebody until they're nearly dead... it's still attempted murder btw - ... if you steal a loaf of bread for your family to eat it's still stealing... if you steal £1.50 from the till at your work it's still stealing... why should rape be any different? You're lawyer side should know this!

3)I don't know about American sentance structure but a new paragraph sometimes means an entirely different point a change in conversation (especially when said paragraph is at the top and the bit about child molestation nearer bottom, with several paragraphs inbetween)... then again... you do spell things funny (in your dictionary)... so maybe paragraphs don't exist. For example when i put that having any fantasies about cartoon character is a bit weird... that was meant to be a totally different point to fantasies about 12 year olds. (that's also why the paragraphs are numbered so you don't get confused again)

4) Tsunada was a typo (or perhaps formed from a mixture of two words when i changed what i was going to say) was supposed to be Tsuna (also from Hitman Reborn (as is chrome); and a 13 year old boy. I Apologise for any misunderstanding this may have caused - you've had a few typos yourself; i believe i'm allowed some too.

5) I don't know about the USA... but in the UK 14 year old go into night clubs to dance and hang out with their freinds... not to shout profanities until the cows come home and talk about bannging imaginary anime girls...

6) If Mina Tepes drivers licence or passport says she's ### years old... then that's legal. She's obviously lived for a bit to know when she's consenting. You don't read: "UNDER-AGED CHARACTERS". I know a 22 year old women that look about 16... as far as i'm aware it's still legal to have sex with her. Not that I would because that's not really my thing... the main concern is the under-aged girls being abused... not ones that look young. On the filp side If your told the character age 5 and she looks 147... that's STILL statutory rape.

7) Porn and Video games are totally different... I don't know if you've played any video games... but they're INTERACTIVE you ARE the character you CONTROL the character therefore it's a more 'real' experiance... Porn... still only watching... you need MORE than masturbation to get the full range, the reaction from your actions.

8)Note: Prohibition is BANNING; legalising is ALLOWING (surely your lawyer side should know that). now we've got that straight: re-read: "Again something i can't understand... there's a similar debait in the UK against legalising canibis... and that in countries where it is legal the crime rate for ilegal drugs has decreased. DUH... if you make killing people legal the crime rate for murder will decrease too... " and FYI... i'm against legalisation of canabis not because it's 'immoral' but because of the psychological health risks.

9) The legal age of consent in Japan is 13... enough said. If the legal age of consent is lower... OF COURSE THE NUMBER OF RAPE CASES WILL BE LOWER THAN THE UK or USA... which have higher ages of consent? you getting any of this yet? I don't need proof it's just plain common sense!

First  Prev  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.