First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Racism Over the Internet
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 11/25/09

Gaia93 wrote:



I'm sorry, but just ignoring racism isn't going to make it go away, in fact, it's only proving that they can get away with it. And that's another problem: people continue to ignore it.

But you're right, what can we possibly do to combat it? As long as there's ignorance in this world there will always be racism, right? And then most of them are just trolls trying to get a laugh, but it's still disrespectful.

Sigh...I've never been the type of person to sit back and watch shit happen. That's why I wanted to become a moderator, so I could help make the website a better place everyone...as corny as that sounds. -_-




As Dr phil would say, often times we must pick our battles.We cant combat everything we believe is wrong. its good enough to count our blessings then to try and fight a battle we know we cant win. peace over war
2179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NW England
Offline
Posted 11/25/09 , edited 11/25/09

Gaia93 wrote:



Yep, that's right!
You've encouraged me to continue in the ongoing struggle to make the CR forums a better place for all. So as long as there're users who ignore the rules, there will be moderators to enforce them, that's the way it works.


\o/
1216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 11/25/09
its every where so just live with it and move on
Posted 11/25/09 , edited 11/25/09


Oh please, that's the problem with people in the world today, they've given up. And besides, who even watches Dr. Phil? Everyone loves Oprah! I'm just a stubborn jackass, you could say.
791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/25/09

emberslave wrote:


And have you ever scrolled upon racism on Crunchyroll? (I know I have)

Yes, especially on Filipinos, but I can understand why.


What is this: Filipinos being racists or Filipinos are being victimized by racism?

Either ways, im a Filipino, but if you're a racist against Filipinos, I won't mind and i completely understand why. I despise my nation's innate attitude very much. The word is "disgusting".

If it's the former, well, Filipinos are good out pointing out someone else's mistakes but not his own mistakes. Besides, the attitude of Filipinos being too nationalistic is nothing but hypocrite. They only do that when a Filipino does something great on the world's spotlight.

'm sorry for what I just typed about my country and my so called countrymen, but unless you live here in the Philippines, you wouldn't know what shit o f a country this place really is.
2102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Harem world... Wh...
Offline
Posted 11/25/09 , edited 11/25/09

blacksun0918 wrote:

What is this: Filipinos being racists or Filipinos are being victimized by racism?

Either ways, im a Filipino, but if you're a racist against Filipinos, I won't mind and i completely understand why. I despise my nation's innate attitude very much. The word is "disgusting".

If it's the former, well, Filipinos are good out pointing out someone else's mistakes but not his own mistakes. Besides, the attitude of Filipinos being too nationalistic is nothing but hypocrite. They only do that when a Filipino does something great on the world's spotlight.

'm sorry for what I just typed about my country and my so called countrymen, but unless you live here in the Philippines, you wouldn't know what shit o f a country this place really is.


Dude, I meant initially that Filipinos are victims of racists. But now that you mention the above, I do agree with you entirely. Filipinos are also racists, especially to their own country. How they just LOVE to criticize it, but the funny thing is, they proclaim to the world how proud they are of their nationality whenever a certain individual or group who happen/s to be Filipino/s awe the world with their talents. Why should they be proud? They didn't win the trophy. Take for example the Philippine AllStars. They won the 2008 World Hip Hop Championships, and the news reporters back at home start brainwashing and coaxing to our people that "Filipinos can dance well and are world class talent". On that part, there's a wriggling of hands, since talent isn't based on ethnicity, but on your own innate and natural abilities. Being Filipino doesn't make you a good dancer, just as being Japanese doesn't make you a good manga artist.

And I'm an immigrant who moved just a few months ago, and I can see why America, despite being in a tight recession in some parts of the country, is still going head strong. What we need is some discipline, since Filipinos seem too carefree for their own good. They complain, but do nothing about it, and that's what I hate most of all. They need to be whipped into shape, like seriously, and stop WORSHIPPING other countries, 'cause that really doesn't do anything to benefit their own. If you look at our honorable history of heroes, and Spain's colonization of the Philippines, you will understand why we are who we are. History shapes its people, after all, and I bet those brave souls who have died for this country are shaking their heads up there in the clouds. "We died for THIS?? Fuck you all, I want my life back!"

And it isn't really a shitty country, if you compared it to Afghanistan. I do acknowledge that the people can do things great which will help the Phils. to be great, but we need discipline, discipline. Without discipline, there's no way you can succeed in anything you do. That's why I think a dictator is best suited for this country, if only temporary.
5608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 11/25/09
I think its stupid to get upset. Its the INTERNET come on people are gonna say whatever they want.
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/25/09
personally i dont see much problem with it. The net / online is one of the last few places where one can speak there mind and not get raped by the law.

I cant speak for the rest of the world but for me personally i hate that the usa trys to force every one to get along in fact it pisses me off and makes me hate even more.

For example. If i owned a buisness and dident want to serve a specific race then it should be up to me. Its my buisness i should be able to serve who ever the fnk i want but in the use all they gotta do is go cry to the athuorities and they will shut you down or sue you.

Not every one wants to be all buddy buddy with everyone else and i dont see a problem with it as long as there is no violence involved.
1086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Sing-a-pore
Offline
Posted 11/25/09
How do you feel about racism over the internet? Should it be taken seriously?
Racism over the net is the most despicable thing on Earth. Sometimes it's meant to be a joke but it's indeed very hurtful. Some people claim to have reasons to hate a certain race but whatever that reason is it's plain stupid. Be it the freaking WW or WW2, there really is no reason to hate a race.
Of course it should be taken seriously.

Have you ever been in the middle of a racists argument?
Never, I don't wanna be caught up in a stupid argument with racist freaks.

And have you ever scrolled upon racism on Crunchyroll? (I know I have).
Yes I have. Towards the Japanese to be very frank. "Cos of the WW" those freak racists say but did they really experience the WW or WW2? Even if they did it's not a reason to hate a race.
Posted 11/25/09 , edited 11/25/09



For example. If i owned a buisness and dident want to serve a specific race then it should be up to me. Its my buisness i should be able to serve who ever the fnk i want but in the use all they gotta do is go cry to the athuorities and they will shut you down or sue you.



Have you ever heard of the The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission? Here on its website it states that:

EEOC is responsible for enforcing forcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. It is also illegal to discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

It’s not trying to be “buddy buddy,” hell, you don’t even have to like the person, in the end it’s all about treating others the way you want to be treated: respect. No one should have to be discriminated, and this is what I’ve been trying to convey, but unfortunately others don’t seem to understand this and probably never will, but that's ok.

If you decided not to let someone into your institution or worksite because of their race, gender, age, religion, etc. not only are you going against the law, but you’re also denying someone of their rights as an American citizen.

And no, it's not up to you, and yes you would be sued.
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/25/09

Gaia93 wrote:




For example. If i owned a buisness and dident want to serve a specific race then it should be up to me. Its my buisness i should be able to serve who ever the fnk i want but in the use all they gotta do is go cry to the athuorities and they will shut you down or sue you.



Have you ever heard of the The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission? Here on its website it states that:

EEOC is responsible for enforcing forcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. It is also illegal to discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.

It’s not trying to be “buddy buddy,” hell, you don’t even have to like the person, in the end it’s all about treating other the way you want to be treated: respect. No one should have to be discriminated, and this is what I’ve been trying to convey, but unfortunately others don’t seem to understand this and probably never will.

If you decided not to let someone into your institution or worksite because of their race, gender, age, religion, etc. not only are you going against the law, but you’re also denying someone of their rights as an American citizen. And no, it's not up to you, and yes, you would be sued.


i know thats why its such a pita. But luckly theres always loop holes. Yay legal loop holes.
Posted 11/25/09 , edited 11/25/09


Sigh, can't get through. Connection failed, but that's fine, can't get everyone to see your point of view, right?
And good luck with finding those loop holes, but you can't go around the law forever, eventually someone is going to outsmart you. And what's a pita? You mean like pita bread? That's yummy!
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 11/25/09

Gaia93 wrote:



Sigh, can't get through. Connection failed, but that's fine, can't get everyone to see your point of view, right?
And good luck with finding those loop holes, but you can't go around the law forever, eventually someone is going to outsmart you. And what's a pita? You mean like pita bread? That's yummy!


PITA = pain in the ass. and yes pita bread is good specially when its used in a toasted sandwich
Unaru 
75029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States/Avalon
Offline
Posted 11/26/09
Frankly, the Internet is far too large to rein in the nonsense that goes on. Best you can do about it is enforce the rules to the best of your ability.

Personally, were I live there's an over-abundance of anti-immigrant sentiment and I see it all as a rampant case of idiocy. It's gone on for so long that it's completely illogical and frankly laughable to continue making the age old remarks that have become such a staple to the ignorant masses. I see these people with disdain. The only thing that makes me feel better is that inevitably they'll be erased from history because they focused so much time on worthless in-bred sentiments than the advancement of their own intelligence.

In all honesty whenever I see someone around here pull that, I make sure to belittle their intelligence. I've found that they bug off rather quickly because they simply can't come up with a coherent rebuttal. While it most likely seems like a form of racism it's self, I don't consider it myself. Intelligence and character are the only factors I commit to in determining a worthwhile human-being.
398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / here.
Offline
Posted 11/26/09
nothing over the internet should be taken seriously, i swear.

but, racism.
racist people can SUCK IT.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.