First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Are "The Big 3" Over-Rated?
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / F
Offline
Posted 11/29/09
i dont know about bleach but i really love one piece its just sooo great!
84 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/09
<3 this one
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 11/29/09 , edited 11/29/09
If you ask me, Melancholy of Suzumiya is one of the most popular animes... in Japan and in the US, so I don't know what you're talking about >_> And as for the big 3 you mentioned... they have a nice story line that can draw viewers in, so they deserve the attention
The only problem with them is... FILLERS!!! Bleach and Naruto = filler heaven >,>;;
One Piece not so much
I don't think it's that the people who watch the big 3 ignores the lesser animes... I know plenty of others who watch one of those and still watch other animes... perhaps you have been meeting kids who aren't so familiar with the world of anime...
And sometimes... the lesser animes just aren't interesting enough to have me watch them... I do give them a 2-4 episode chance... always ^.^ I just don't wanna force myself through them if it's unbearable

As for the advertisements... isn't it common sense that popular animes get more advertisements? I mean, they have big rich companies paying for it and supporting it. Any smart person would want to put their money on a popular series rather than gambling with a lesser one. It's just purely business


andydono wrote:
-While I don't really mind bishounen characters, having to see them in E-V-E-R-Y freaking corner in a S-H-O-U-N-E-N anime irks the crap out of me.


Hajime no Ippo... I don't see any Bishounens >,> and that is a shounen anime
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 11/29/09 , edited 11/29/09

swtcakes wrote:

Hajime no Ippo... I don't see any Bishounens >,> and that is a shounen anime


Hajime no Ippo is a awesome shounen series (never watched the anime version though), but sadly that's just one anime compare to the vast majority of today's current anime loaded with tons of girly looking anorexic boys.
17054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 11/29/09
^ **summed up*::

In short:: don't anime discriminate. Watch lots of anime! Be adventurous in your adventure through the plots. Find ones you like and ones you don't. Watch enough series that when someone asks you 'what anime do you watch?' you have to give them a super-truncated list after asking what genre they meant. ^_^

Don't be afraid to watch something just because you've never heard/seen glimpses of it before.

This is my solution, and I think to be a true anime connoisseur/lover you must dabble in everything. So if you only watch the 'big 3' with your nose in the air: you are missing out on being a real anime fan.

Widen your palette, and really begin to love anime!


<3~ YYHChick1
7354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 11/29/09 , edited 11/29/09
i like naruto only when the plot actually starts moving ...as in no fillers ....i usually read the manga though

i like the fight scenes in bleach there cool i hate all the talking though....

one piece has got to be my fav out the all 3 just cause its so funny and it just seems better then the other 2 i havent watched it in a while i still read the manga though.....

i wouldnt say there over rated ...just over exposed ....but these are the animes that are bringing in the most money .....and u know if u were the people getting all that money u would do the same thing .....same thing happened with dbz and thats my fav anime .....look what happened there was dbgt .......man i hope theres no gt for naruto, bleach or one piece ...but u never know
251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/29/09
I love the original naruto series. it was also the first manga I got into. I used to go over my grandparents house and watch it every saturday on CN. Many good memories. Maybe perhaps it is because these series are easy to get into that they are so popular?
5716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 11/30/09
Yes, yes and yes

CR milks everything how i miss the good ol' days
3064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Pilipinas
Offline
Posted 11/30/09
i think maybe its because of their availability, even if you are not a fan of animes, they are there in your tv. cable or not. and they have really long stories ( long is just an understatement for one piece, by the way), many characters, many arcs (boring or not), gaidens. and you can never go wrong with this anime, if someone ask "what is your favorite anime?' and you say either of these 3 overraters, then there's conversation there (majority of the people i know, knows naruto and one piece) even if they dont regularly watch anime or not a fan.

and oh yeah i watch them.
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 11/30/09

andydono wrote:


swtcakes wrote:

Hajime no Ippo... I don't see any Bishounens >,> and that is a shounen anime


Hajime no Ippo is a awesome shounen series (never watched the anime version though), but sadly that's just one anime compare to the vast majority of today's current anime loaded with tons of girly looking anorexic boys.


Same goes for the tons of girls that are skinny like a twig with boobs twice the size of the face
Be it pretty boys or bouncy girls, I think it is done for the purpose of attracting viewers
11243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / BC, Canada =P
Offline
Posted 11/30/09 , edited 11/30/09

swtcakes wrote:

Same goes for the tons of girls that are skinny like a twig with boobs twice the size of the face
Be it pretty boys or bouncy girls, I think it is done for the purpose of attracting viewers


Yeah that too, especially when its 10-13 year old little girls with giant racks ... Have you ever watched Dragonaut? I couldn't even get past episode 2 because of those melon sized breast were too disturbing !!!

But yes, characters are like that because sex appeal SELLS.
4032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / New York
Offline
Posted 11/30/09

andydono wrote:


swtcakes wrote:

Same goes for the tons of girls that are skinny like a twig with boobs twice the size of the face
Be it pretty boys or bouncy girls, I think it is done for the purpose of attracting viewers


Yeah that too, especially when its 10-13 year old little girls with giant racks ... Have you ever watched Dragonaut? I couldn't even get past episode 2 because of those melon sized breast were too disturbing !!!

But yes, characters are like that because sex appeal SELLS.


LOL melon sized breasts xD
I have no watched it yet =P And I agree that some animes do give underage girls some really big racks...
Not that I have a problem with it =P As long as it's not shoved onto the screen every 2 seconds
And yes, sex sells =P That's why so many shounens have some sort of echii in it.
5342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Upstate NY
Offline
Posted 11/30/09
every single time someone says "The Big 3" I immediately start thinking of the Treaty of Versailles. If you know what I'm talking about I'll love you forevaaa <3

and they're not that good, not as awful as some people say, they're average (sometimes below in my opinion...) anime with above average popularity.. that's all (:
1734 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 11/30/09 , edited 11/30/09
cr just wants cash D:

@ above: i know wot u mean
1512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/17/09
not a fan of any...
they're for...(can't say, I'd be against the world)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.