First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you think of League of Legends?
777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 11/4/12
Played till level 13, and really? most simple game ever Its a great casual game on the level of tetris and such, but beyond that? its too simple to even be called epic imo, since you have waaay to many limitations.

Also the new "champs" added all the time creates a huge inbalance in the game, so it'll never be any good competitive (Which is already quite clear when you look at whos financing all the tourneys for LoL (yes Riot).

Its also only a 50% team game, depending on the "champs" that are picked, in some cases ofc it is 100%, but most of the time you can just pick darius, get 5-0 and game is already won (I know its not something that happens if you have high ELO and know how to play)

Imo this game is the best for 2 things : Learning the A-RTS genre (Not moba no no no :DDD)
Since theres alot of limits, theres also alot of things you dont have to learn untill you play another a-rts game, so you can focus on the basics like mapawareness, positioning, last hitting etc

The other thing is, its good for playing with friends, more so then any of the other games in the genre Why? Because of the community. :)

In DotA or HoN theres so muuch flame etc etc, not people telling you what to do, but just expecting it, even if you tell them you're a noob.
but in LoL the only flame i've heard so far was " stop ks " or something along those lines (which funnily enuf just prooves this is a casual game and not really competitve xD)

tl;dr : LoL is a great game for everything but competitive
3199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/5/12
i used to play alot ! Im lvl30..
Great strategy game, but i dont play anymore.. I rage to much when im stick in a team with some retard who dont know how to play xD
But i like to play with friend, Nice game you should difinitly give it a try
2388 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Vancouver, Canada
Offline
Posted 11/6/12
easy game hence alot of people play trying to climb ladder, also full of rage
16115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/16/12
my friend got me into this, now me and my other friend play together all the time
ispy12 
33579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 11/17/12

kronikle wrote:

Played till level 13, and really? most simple game ever Its a great casual game on the level of tetris and such, but beyond that? its too simple to even be called epic imo, since you have waaay to many limitations.

Also the new "champs" added all the time creates a huge inbalance in the game, so it'll never be any good competitive (Which is already quite clear when you look at whos financing all the tourneys for LoL (yes Riot).

Its also only a 50% team game, depending on the "champs" that are picked, in some cases ofc it is 100%, but most of the time you can just pick darius, get 5-0 and game is already won (I know its not something that happens if you have high ELO and know how to play)

Imo this game is the best for 2 things : Learning the A-RTS genre (Not moba no no no :DDD)
Since theres alot of limits, theres also alot of things you dont have to learn untill you play another a-rts game, so you can focus on the basics like mapawareness, positioning, last hitting etc

The other thing is, its good for playing with friends, more so then any of the other games in the genre Why? Because of the community. :)

In DotA or HoN theres so muuch flame etc etc, not people telling you what to do, but just expecting it, even if you tell them you're a noob.
but in LoL the only flame i've heard so far was " stop ks " or something along those lines (which funnily enuf just prooves this is a casual game and not really competitve xD)

tl;dr : LoL is a great game for everything but competitive :)


you didn't get really far if you think it's not competitive, you should watch tourneys
777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 11/20/12

ispy12 wrote:


kronikle wrote:

Played till level 13, and really? most simple game ever Its a great casual game on the level of tetris and such, but beyond that? its too simple to even be called epic imo, since you have waaay to many limitations.

Also the new "champs" added all the time creates a huge inbalance in the game, so it'll never be any good competitive (Which is already quite clear when you look at whos financing all the tourneys for LoL (yes Riot).

Its also only a 50% team game, depending on the "champs" that are picked, in some cases ofc it is 100%, but most of the time you can just pick darius, get 5-0 and game is already won (I know its not something that happens if you have high ELO and know how to play)

Imo this game is the best for 2 things : Learning the A-RTS genre (Not moba no no no :DDD)
Since theres alot of limits, theres also alot of things you dont have to learn untill you play another a-rts game, so you can focus on the basics like mapawareness, positioning, last hitting etc

The other thing is, its good for playing with friends, more so then any of the other games in the genre Why? Because of the community. :)

In DotA or HoN theres so muuch flame etc etc, not people telling you what to do, but just expecting it, even if you tell them you're a noob.
but in LoL the only flame i've heard so far was " stop ks " or something along those lines (which funnily enuf just prooves this is a casual game and not really competitve xD)

tl;dr : LoL is a great game for everything but competitive :)


you didn't get really far if you think it's not competitive, you should watch tourneys ;)


Been there done that, really low level play there :/ Cant really say its worth watching tbh, i dont get why it gets so many viewers on own3d, oh well

its just all 10 running into eachother using spells, dying left right and center and then boom one team randomly wins lol. (Yes i do understand the teamfights, and the "champs" that were used at the time, but that didnt help the randomness of it all, i didnt see any skillful plays at all, just normal plays that anyone could pull of, yea the teamplay and co-ordination has helped them win the games etc, but im not talking bout that)

In other news one of my friends have been playing alot of lol and when i introduced him to dota i taught him the heroes what they could do (only those 10 that were in the game ofc), taught him item builds etc, he understood it decently and kinda raped aswell, but the thing there was : he failed more often then not cause of the degree to which you're able to play the game.

In lol you cant juke, you cant run inbetween the trees out of the fog, if the other player runs into the fog you follow them, which you dont do in dota, so free maphack please, stuff like this makes it really bad competitively and reduces the whole idea of even improving in the game.

What i mean when i say competitive is that to a degree you cant limit the other team as much as you can in dota, thereby not getting a bigger advantage with your higher skill level or bigger plays. Simply its not competitive, sure its competivite, every game is, as i said : Same level as tetris ( Not saying its a bad game still )
26317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/13
^ Can't take this guy serious.
17042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Liverpool, UK
Offline
Posted 1/23/13
I can't take that guy seriously either...
The bloody statistics speak for themselves on how popular LoL is, it is also pushing the eSports scene so far out there, creating a giant wave for bigger tournaments with bigger prizes, I mean the 2012 World Championships had a $2 million prize pool! With over 100000 people watching.

League is pretty easy to pick up, but hard to get amazingly good at. You hit level 30 and you keep playing, but you're stuck at the same "skill" level because it's hard to get past it to learn new things.
This Danish guy is off his rocker! His opinion though.
2877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Rotterdam
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
Tbh, I do not really like LoL, even my friend, who cannot even control the "AWSD" keys with her left hand, can play this game.
No offense to all the lovers here, but I don't like it, at all. hah.
20061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
I started playing League about 3 weeks ago. I play a few matches a day. While it is a lot of fun, and I like the large selection of champions and skins, I found that LoL has a lot more trolls in it than other games. It gets annoying after playing 3 games in a row where people are just being really toxic or purposely feeding.
ispy12 
33579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

giraffesyo wrote:

^ Can't take this guy serious.


he must be a noob in dota too :/

I agree LoL and dota are not alike, you take advantage of the game with different methods. I scrimed a lot in dota vs other clans and trust me it's pretty much the same idea of team play.
26317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/31/13

iamnikki wrote:

Tbh, I do not really like LoL, even my friend, who cannot even control the "AWSD" keys with her left hand, can play this game.
No offense to all the lovers here, but I don't like it, at all. hah.


Yeah it's because it's the most popular game on the internet atm. Means the most open to those types of people.

Just play with friends and ignore enemy team if thats really the issue and you genuinely enjoy the game.
5040 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
league is good better than dota 2 i have both and like league better dota 2 is just one big mess its good but still needs to get better
2390 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Hong Kong/ Shangh...
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
THESE RANKED CHANGES!
ispy12 
33579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
Whether you like it or now, you gotta agree that Riot made a pretty good game and sold it well. It's balanced and open to all, paying doesn't make you better and their system works pretty well.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.