First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
National Day
Posted 12/3/09 , edited 12/3/09
The National Day is a designated date on which celebrations mark the nationhood of a nation or non-sovereign country. This nationhood can be symbolized by the date of independence, of becoming republic or a significant date for a patron saint or a ruler (birthday, accession, removal etc). Often the day is not called ”National Day” but serves and can be considered as one. The National Day will often be a national holiday. (wiki)

Does your country have a national day?
When?
How does your country celebrate it?

Yesterday was our country's national day (U.A.E.) Lol. Almost the WHOLE city was celebrating. There were parades, colorful cars (designed as the flag), Fireworks, and traffic >_>. It was bizarre

37840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 12/3/09
Yes it does Canada
National Day: 1 July
Lots of people hold up flags , fireworks the list goes on.
8555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Jrock no Sekai~
Offline
Posted 12/3/09
Yes, Malaysia.
31 August
Parade...
Posted 12/3/09
YUP..emirates
2-Dec .....it was yesterday
"just like wht he said "Almost the WHOLE city was celebrating. There were parades, colorful cars (designed as the flag), Fireworks, and traffic >_>. It was bizarre"
16082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Vancouver, B.C.
Offline
Posted 12/3/09 , edited 12/3/09

Shohee wrote:

Yes it does Canada
National Day: 1 July
Lots of people hold up flags , fireworks the list goes on.



Ah that's right... Canada day is on July 1st. Thanks for saving me some time to google that. Some pride I have in my country huh?

Anyways, who could blame me, all I think about are; igloos, maple syrup, snow, hockey, and beavers. And that's exactly how I celebrate Canada day. By building an igloo out of snow, guzzling down maple syrup, and playing hockey with beavers. I. AM. CANADIAN!
5242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/3/09

shikanarukez wrote:

Yesterday was our country's national day (U.A.E.) Lol. Almost the WHOLE city was celebrating.





pabosarang wrote:

YUP..emirates
2-Dec .....it was yesterday


as u said .. uae .. and yes it was huge
369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Dady's Heart ^.^
Offline
Posted 12/3/09 , edited 12/3/09
2nd of December ^^

The United Arab Emirates ...

I Really really really love my country ....


Fdeeeetch BLaaaaady ...



الله يرحمك ابويه زايد
3345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/3/09
june 12.. for the Philippines. haha. :D

well. idk..
all i know is that school's out. xD

haha. then mvs on tv about the nationalism thingo.
6778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under the Starry...
Offline
Posted 12/3/09
im originally from Malaysia but moved to England so... dont celebrate it anymore =o
England? lol they dont have one
2179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NW England
Offline
Posted 12/3/09

S1Lv3R_M3moRi3S wrote:

im originally from Malaysia but moved to England so... dont celebrate it anymore =o
England? lol they dont have one


Well, technically we have Saint George's day, the Scots have Saint Andrew's, Welsh have Saint David's and the Irish (Of course...) have Saint Patrick's. We don't really celebrate them as a national holiday though to be honest. At least not properly.

Then again, when you live in a country where it rains for 300 days out of the year, is it any surprise that we're all a bunch of dour, cynical, moody bastards who'd rather just get on with it than stand outside in the pissing rain going 'Woo' and waving a little flag around?

Oh how nice it must be to live somewhere with actual seasons

82 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / in magical-ness
Offline
Posted 12/3/09
United States of America, July 4th. There are parades and fireworks. I've never seen the parades in person, only on TV. Also for the fireworks, barely because it seems that everytime i try to go to a location to see them, they either don't have them, or is the spot you see the least of 'em. =x
Posted 12/3/09
Yes Canada Day! I think therre was fireworks... I'm not sure...
8179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 12/3/09 , edited 12/3/09
Finland
December 6th
Independence day ( since 1917)
6778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under the Starry...
Offline
Posted 12/3/09

quintus_fontane wrote:


S1Lv3R_M3moRi3S wrote:

im originally from Malaysia but moved to England so... dont celebrate it anymore =o
England? lol they dont have one


Well, technically we have Saint George's day, the Scots have Saint Andrew's, Welsh have Saint David's and the Irish (Of course...) have Saint Patrick's. We don't really celebrate them as a national holiday though to be honest. At least not properly.

Then again, when you live in a country where it rains for 300 days out of the year, is it any surprise that we're all a bunch of dour, cynical, moody bastards who'd rather just get on with it than stand outside in the pissing rain going 'Woo' and waving a little flag around?

Oh how nice it must be to live somewhere with actual seasons



lol what do you mean?
England or Malaysia?
coz Malaysia is summer all year round hahaha and England just may be 3/4 winter and 1/4 summer
16313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ♪ ♫ ☼ england
Offline
Posted 12/3/09
errr...25th December?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.