Post Reply Kids of the Mysts
Moderator
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/4/09 , edited 9/25/10
Ha ha... Well hello everybody... So yeah, I know you guys haven't heard from your pal Rezzy64 in a while. Well that's because I'm a very lazy person... yeah, it happens. Plus I've actually been a little busy, collage, friends, parties, lady friends, sleeping in, sleeping in, and uh... sleeping in. Ha ha well anyways, I'm here to introduce something new... again... This little project was something I was originally trying to put together during the October writing contest we had on here a while ago. It was supposed to be a real simple plot with not a whole lot of hard thinking behind it, but in October while writing the first paragraph I yelled at myself, “No Mike! You must not write this silly no brainer plot! It's got no interesting details or any careful plotting, plus it's Fantasy, you don't like Fantasy!” (Yes sometimes I do talk to myself like that... no I am not crazy...) So because of that thought I dropped the idea and completely gave up on the idea, locked it away in the deep dark corner of my writing folder never to see day light again. Over the two months I completely forgot about it. Then one night at something like 2 in the morning when I couldn't sleep I was having a creative streak that was driving me nuts and I started thinking about working on something. I went through my writing folder and found this once more. I read the one pathetic little paragraph I wrote, and immediately a large rush of funny ideas spewed out of my brain and I just started typing as if I wasn't in control of my hands as they began to type out a long complex set of ideas for this awkward story that seemed to have no rhythm. Soon enough, after three days of deep concentration on the basic plot of this story as well as the numerous hours spent on typing this up... I present to you my newest strange mystical Idea which might possibly be given up after two or three episodes (depends how I feel about it I guess...).

“Kids of the Mysts” Episode 1; Through Natures growth and flame, Denseness prevails!

(PS: Sorry to say guys... but I got a bit carried away... It's a long opener episode... approximately 11-12 pages... but if you can read it all I hope you enjoy it! :D)



Copyright 2009, Michael Reznick
All rights reserved.
Moderator
73153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / in the land of tw...
Offline
Posted 12/5/09
Well, wow really amazing, u have shown that u can tackle any kind of story and still do a good job about it. I like the plot so far, it is very interesting, well thought out and very original to say the least.
So far m really liking where the story is going, it appears there is a huge mystery sorounding this guy and in a way has him tied to the legend from what i could teel. I like how u made each character, so realistic, yet intriging, really it raps the story all together. I think if u keep your active creativity going this could turn in to a great story. I really enjoyed reading it all and as always your descriptions really helped it come alive.
Moderator
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/5/09

yaidoll wrote:

Well, wow really amazing, u have shown that u can tackle any kind of story and still do a good job about it. I like the plot so far, it is very interesting, well thought out and very original to say the least.
So far m really liking where the story is going, it appears there is a huge mystery sorounding this guy and in a way has him tied to the legend from what i could teel. I like how u made each character, so realistic, yet intriging, really it raps the story all together. I think if u keep your active creativity going this could turn in to a great story. I really enjoyed reading it all and as always your descriptions really helped it come alive.


Wow, thanks for the comment. Yeah I got some various weird ideas following along with this story. I wanted to do a story that was sort of a mystical story with magic related ideas but didn't have to force me to create a whole separate world or anything. I mean I might try and make some larger scale ideas that will expand the story's universe as I go along but right now I just wanted a small suspicious area in a realistic background. So hopefully I can succeed with making this story a bit dark, that was an idea that I was trying to get across in the story, although it's supposed to be light and fun there is still all this strange and dark background going on with the characters as well as the setting of the story.
Well anyways, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I will try and work on another episode when I can.
Moderator
73153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / in the land of tw...
Offline
Posted 12/5/09

It was really fun, and well i like that dark fantasy feel u gave it, really good for the whole mysterius setting. In my opinion for this story is good that u have chocen the arbor and the small town, iit works very well with this kind of story rather than a large skell universe. btw, how did u came up with the tittle?
Moderator
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/5/09

yaidoll wrote:


It was really fun, and well i like that dark fantasy feel u gave it, really good for the whole mysterius setting. In my opinion for this story is good that u have chocen the arbor and the small town, iit works very well with this kind of story rather than a large skell universe. btw, how did u came up with the tittle?


Ha ha, I'm not exactly sure, maybe if you asked me in October when I first invented the title with the idea I might have been able to explain it.
I think the title "Kids of the Mysts" came to me because of the idea that obviously they're a bunch of kids that are involved with mystical workings and such. Also I used the word simplified to sound like the word mists because I figured that an actual mist is sort of a strange and suspicious weather like occurrence. Ominous things can rise from misty weather, because you can't ever really see what's right in front of you. Ha ha I think that was the intention behind giving the story that title.
Moderator
73153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / in the land of tw...
Offline
Posted 12/5/09


Oh I see, very interesting, i was relating it in a way to that and also to the legend sorounding the whole story.
Moderator
8502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/5/09

yaidoll wrote:



Oh I see, very interesting, i was relating it in a way to that and also to the legend sorounding the whole story.


Ha ha, well you just heard the legend of the Arbor in this episode, there's a few other legends in this story surrounding the characters and such that I have yet to introduce, but I will get to them later on.
Moderator
73153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / in the land of tw...
Offline
Posted 12/5/09


Oh i see, that really got my interest even more. lol, but i'll wait to read it, wouldn't want to spoil the fun.
You must be logged in to post.