First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Why is Japanese Girl bands so bad??
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Latvia
Offline
Posted 4/20/10

divaroxy wrote:

J Girl Groups are more original that's why. Korean girl Group are plastic, rip offs, auto-tuned, uses other artist music in every concert and on they CD.


The thing is that a lot of Asians don't listen to American pop, so they look for the closest Asian counterpart that emulates American pop, don't blame them.

It's a matter of taste, in this case a lot of bad taste
8715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 4/20/10

sherrynd wrote:


divaroxy wrote:

J Girl Groups are more original that's why. Korean girl Group are plastic, rip offs, auto-tuned, uses other artist music in every concert and on they CD.


The thing is that a lot of Asians don't listen to American pop, so they look for the closest Asian counterpart that emulates American pop, don't blame them.

It's a matter of taste, in this case a lot of bad taste



Wait, don't Asians listen much more to American music than Americans do to Asian music?

I mean, Lady Gaga was very recently on Music Station where she met major pop star Ayumi Hamasaki, girl group Perfume, and NYC (lol.)
She was also on Music Station about a year ago or something. Also, I remember reading about Jennifer Paige having a huge performance in Japan too. Hell, Lady Gaga even had a crazy fan in Japan jump up on her stage during her performances. I mean, I think she has to be big for a freak to run out on her stage. Her "The Fame Monster" even got #7 on the Japanese album charts.

You don't exactly see that with Japanese artists here in America at all. Korean, British, etc. etc. They barely play a role in our music industry, while it seems like American music does very well in Japan.
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Latvia
Offline
Posted 4/21/10

HokiePokie wrote:


sherrynd wrote:


divaroxy wrote:

J Girl Groups are more original that's why. Korean girl Group are plastic, rip offs, auto-tuned, uses other artist music in every concert and on they CD.


The thing is that a lot of Asians don't listen to American pop, so they look for the closest Asian counterpart that emulates American pop, don't blame them.

It's a matter of taste, in this case a lot of bad taste



Wait, don't Asians listen much more to American music than Americans do to Asian music?

I mean, Lady Gaga was very recently on Music Station where she met major pop star Ayumi Hamasaki, girl group Perfume, and NYC (lol.)
She was also on Music Station about a year ago or something. Also, I remember reading about Jennifer Paige having a huge performance in Japan too. Hell, Lady Gaga even had a crazy fan in Japan jump up on her stage during her performances. I mean, I think she has to be big for a freak to run out on her stage. Her "The Fame Monster" even got #7 on the Japanese album charts.

You don't exactly see that with Japanese artists here in America at all. Korean, British, etc. etc. They barely play a role in our music industry, while it seems like American music does very well in Japan.


Well as far as I know Japan, Taiwan, S.Korea, HK listen to a lot of American music, but some countries like Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand listen to a lot Jpop and Kpop too ... for an instance I have met a lot people from there online, and they listen to more Asian music, rather than American pop (But that's just my experience)
15149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Where you are?
Offline
Posted 4/21/10

sherrynd wrote:


divaroxy wrote:

J Girl Groups are more original that's why. Korean girl Group are plastic, rip offs, auto-tuned, uses other artist music in every concert and on they CD.


The thing is that a lot of Asians don't listen to American pop, so they look for the closest Asian counterpart that emulates American pop, don't blame them.

It's a matter of taste, in this case a lot of bad taste


Then why the say beyonce and other american star are the favorite then?
1043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/27/10
Japanese Pop Girl bands...Sorry but they're annoying esp the younger ones O__O
Can't sing there's one thing, and their voice are so high pitch
2491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/27/10

crazy-cherry wrote:

Korean Girl bands are so famous cool hot have good sense of Fashion and most of all good songs
unlike Japanese Girl bands are totally the opposite
why is that??


As an Arabian girl, which is better for you? Slutty dancing or Innocent dancing? Surely Innocent.
Japanese bands, u said childish about them...Most of them are actually high school girls..would you want to see high school girls being slutty and all? No.
You want slutty dances? Check DREAM or MAX or solo artists.
And btw, those Japanese girls bands you call "bad", actually perform around the world such as USA and Europe. They are accepted by many ppl as they are also rejected. The same goes with slutty dancing groups, some ppl reject them while others accept them. =D
3258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Lala Land
Offline
Posted 8/27/10

crazy-cherry wrote:

Korean Girl bands are so famous cool hot have good sense of Fashion and most of all good songs
unlike Japanese Girl bands are totally the opposite
why is that??


oh really?
why not you try to search for 2 performances...
Orange Caramel's Magic Girl (kpop)
then SPEED's S.P.D (jpop)

then you tell me what you think....?
26423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Under your bed
Offline
Posted 9/17/10 , edited 9/17/10
Well not all really. I think because they have this "lolita" thing in them...
Though SCANDAL is one great jap band <3 Eventhough their member Tomomi has this anime-like-ish voice but when she blends it to Haruna, the combo is good. Korean girlbands on the other hand, do shine more than jap girl bands. Though I don't think it's only because of the fashion & good songs..maybe because sometimes they try different looks. They don't usually stick to the "cute" look, they try others like being sexy, simple, bad girl and etc. And not to mention also, the KOREAN WAVE. Well just voicing out what I noticed.
3395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Philippines
Offline
Posted 9/17/10
they're not bad...i like morning musume, scandal, perfume
60416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/17/10
Not all JP pop groups/bands are bad. After reading most of the pages it just looks like a generalization based on ONE girl group which is Morning Musume. I wouldn't base my judgment on them since they aren't as popular in terms on sales and fanbase. Whatever they are doing now to make it up is way too late in the game. Also to say korean groups are wayyy more popular is just crazy, and I wouldn't compare it together since both music styles are completely different, and they way the girls present themselves are completely different too.
1581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Latvia
Offline
Posted 9/18/10

bobothe1st wrote:

Not all JP pop groups/bands are bad. After reading most of the pages it just looks like a generalization based on ONE girl group which is Morning Musume. I wouldn't base my judgment on them since they aren't as popular in terms on sales and fanbase. Whatever they are doing now to make it up is way too late in the game. Also to say korean groups are wayyy more popular is just crazy, and I wouldn't compare it together since both music styles are completely different, and they way the girls present themselves are completely different too.


Watch HANGRY & ANGRY ... they have better style than any other kpop or jpop group
79512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / dubai
Offline
Posted 9/18/10
Ur just not SEEING IT...japanese girl bands are nice too!!! ><! i like jpop more than kpop...since- like, jpop songs are more cute..and catchy..that kpop which is heavily american influence DONT HAVE... ~~
18746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Oz
Offline
Posted 9/18/10
This is only half the article...but its semi related

Differences in Image
AKB 48 and Morning Musume are the leading Japanese girl bands this year. Dressed in frilly princess dresses and much given to winsome smiles, they dance and sing to routines mainly choreographed with dainty movements of hands and feet. But Korean girl groups have a bolder, more dynamic image. They wear angular uniforms or tight skinny jeans, and dance to choreography that uses the whole body. On stage, they appear confident and charismatic.

Kim Young-min of agency SM Entertainment said, "Japanese girls who've had enough of Japanese girl bands that strictly appeal to men's protective instincts seem to take bolder Korean girl groups as a role model."


Japanese girl group AKB48

Better Skills
Thanks to their notoriously grueling training, Korean girl groups tend to be better at dancing and singing than Japanese ones. Members of Korean girl bands go through an average of three to six years of training, while Japanese girls get just six months to a year. Japanese management agencies recently shifted from quality to quantity, on the assumption that anyone can become an "idol" with the right marketing support. AKB 48, as the name suggests, has 48 members who perform a daily gig for fans in a small theatre in Tokyo's Akihabara. Often members are launched straight off the street and then learn on the job due to these schedules.

Source: The Chosun Ilbo
http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/09/18/2010091800286.html
78742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 9/20/10
Stereo Ponny is a good girl band - I mean band - but still, 3 girls in it - lol
23034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / boys locker room
Offline
Posted 9/25/10 , edited 9/25/10
Perfume's good, but the rest is like HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH PITCHED! kinda gets me mad, man!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.