problem with Imeem again?
Posted 12/14/09
it seems like for the past few days imeem is not working on CR anymore, does this means CR planning to streaming some other music sites? or ban all regular members not to have music to play on their profile?
Posted 12/14/09 , edited 12/14/09
^

Since Imeem is now part of Myspace, the code no longer works on CR, and because of that we are planning to give all users (Regular and Premium) Mixpod. However, Mixpod has similar problems to playlist.com. Therefore, we are still looking for another one.
Posted 12/14/09

SitthichaiDZL wrote:

^

Since Imeem is now part of Myspace, the code no longer works on CR, and because of that we are planning to give all users (Regular and Premium) Mixpod. However, Mixpod has similar problems to playlist.com. Therefore, we are still looking for another one.


yeh now the playlist normally have html code embeded into it, and now that makes me wonder how come CR dont use HTML instead?
Posted 12/14/09
Looks like everyone is unhappy about myspace taking over Imeem.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-588700/myspace-takes-over-imeem-d
Posted 12/15/09

sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:

^

Since Imeem is now part of Myspace, the code no longer works on CR, and because of that we are planning to give all users (Regular and Premium) Mixpod. However, Mixpod has similar problems to playlist.com. Therefore, we are still looking for another one.


yeh now the playlist normally have html code embeded into it, and now that makes me wonder how come CR dont use HTML instead?


We want only playlist not the entire site. In addition, embedded code allows us to have full control over the playlist. HTML code alone of the playlist is uncontrollable. It will always be on the top-left of the page (always).
Posted 12/15/09

SitthichaiDZL wrote:


sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:

^

Since Imeem is now part of Myspace, the code no longer works on CR, and because of that we are planning to give all users (Regular and Premium) Mixpod. However, Mixpod has similar problems to playlist.com. Therefore, we are still looking for another one.


yeh now the playlist normally have html code embeded into it, and now that makes me wonder how come CR dont use HTML instead?


We want only playlist not the entire site. In addition, embedded code allows us to have full control over the playlist. HTML code alone of the playlist is uncontrollable. It will always be on the top-left of the page (always).


then why not do like anivide? they also only embbed html code for playlist and thats it, i must say that the only thing CR is lacking now for the user profile
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 12/15/09

sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:


sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:

^

Since Imeem is now part of Myspace, the code no longer works on CR, and because of that we are planning to give all users (Regular and Premium) Mixpod. However, Mixpod has similar problems to playlist.com. Therefore, we are still looking for another one.


yeh now the playlist normally have html code embeded into it, and now that makes me wonder how come CR dont use HTML instead?


We want only playlist not the entire site. In addition, embedded code allows us to have full control over the playlist. HTML code alone of the playlist is uncontrollable. It will always be on the top-left of the page (always).


then why not do like anivide? they also only embbed html code for playlist and thats it, i must say that the only thing CR is lacking now for the user profile


Why exactly is there any need for music on the profile? Back in the past, when this ;;music playlist;; wasn't here there was no trouble. People could live it with. Once it's here and everyone got damn spoiled? Can't you live without music on your profile? I mean, there's almost nobody listening to it. 101% sure of it.
Posted 12/15/09 , edited 12/15/09

Baka-God wrote:


sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:


sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:

^

Since Imeem is now part of Myspace, the code no longer works on CR, and because of that we are planning to give all users (Regular and Premium) Mixpod. However, Mixpod has similar problems to playlist.com. Therefore, we are still looking for another one.


yeh now the playlist normally have html code embeded into it, and now that makes me wonder how come CR dont use HTML instead?


We want only playlist not the entire site. In addition, embedded code allows us to have full control over the playlist. HTML code alone of the playlist is uncontrollable. It will always be on the top-left of the page (always).


then why not do like anivide? they also only embbed html code for playlist and thats it, i must say that the only thing CR is lacking now for the user profile


Why exactly is there any need for music on the profile? Back in the past, when this ;;music playlist;; wasn't here there was no trouble. People could live it with. Once it's here and everyone got damn spoiled? Can't you live without music on your profile? I mean, there's almost nobody listening to it. 101% sure of it.


well for your information i DO listen to it. and i am not NOBODY get it?
13136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 12/15/09

sakura_ai16 wrote:


Baka-God wrote:


sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:


sakura_ai16 wrote:


SitthichaiDZL wrote:

^

Since Imeem is now part of Myspace, the code no longer works on CR, and because of that we are planning to give all users (Regular and Premium) Mixpod. However, Mixpod has similar problems to playlist.com. Therefore, we are still looking for another one.


yeh now the playlist normally have html code embeded into it, and now that makes me wonder how come CR dont use HTML instead?


We want only playlist not the entire site. In addition, embedded code allows us to have full control over the playlist. HTML code alone of the playlist is uncontrollable. It will always be on the top-left of the page (always).


then why not do like anivide? they also only embbed html code for playlist and thats it, i must say that the only thing CR is lacking now for the user profile


Why exactly is there any need for music on the profile? Back in the past, when this ;;music playlist;; wasn't here there was no trouble. People could live it with. Once it's here and everyone got damn spoiled? Can't you live without music on your profile? I mean, there's almost nobody listening to it. 101% sure of it.


well for your information i DO listen to it. and i am not NOBODY get it?


Can't you read? I said ''Almost nobody ''
Posted 12/15/09 , edited 12/15/09
alright then it just show that i am not one of the "almost nobody" of yours. so if u dont listen to music on your profile, then just dont say anything. also by using html code for playlist musics can even increase the poppularity of the group as well. and since CR is already wanted to be improve more then isnt time to change it into html code for music playlist than bb code?
Ronin
95035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / California
Offline
Posted 12/16/09
This section is for technical questions and help, not about petty arguments.

Allowing direct HTML code input has flaws that can be exploited so we try to just support specific sites to avoid problems. By just supporting specific types of html embed codes, we can severely limit the type of code that can be input into the user's profile so that there is little chance for malicious code to sneak in. The embed code box was already exploited once, so hopefully we can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Perfect example would be Myspace, since the beginning they've had numerous security flaws, mostly because they allow html.

So we are going to try and support mixpod.com, as was said, since there doesn't seem to be any better option.
You must be logged in to post.