First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Gay Rights Movement being compared to the Black Civil Rights Movement?
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Wilson, NC
Offline
Posted 1/22/10
I don't think you can compare the two, because gay people weren't put into slavery. Yes, they're similar but I don't think they're on the same level.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/22/10

Shamela24 wrote:

I don't think you can compare the two, because gay people weren't put into slavery. Yes, they're similar but I don't think they're on the same level.


Roman Empire.. man there was a lot of gay slaves there... Jokes aside.!

But the fact is... the White races have been enslaved for much longer than the blacks in America.. Both Greek and Roman times.

So NO black do not get a free pass just because at one time there slaves.. that does not make them special.

This is about the rights of the people being trampled.
The fact that you think there rights are worth less than any other group of people makes me sick!
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Wilson, NC
Offline
Posted 1/22/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Shamela24 wrote:

I don't think you can compare the two, because gay people weren't put into slavery. Yes, they're similar but I don't think they're on the same level.


Roman Empire.. man there was a lot of gay slaves there... Jokes aside.!

But the fact is... the White races have been enslaved for much longer than the blacks in America.. Both Greek and Roman times.

So NO black do not get a free pass just because at one time there slaves.. that does not make them special.

This is about the rights of the people being trampled.
The fact that you think there rights are worth less than any other group of people makes me sick!


The Roman and Greek didn't enslave people because they were gay. Black people has been fight for rights for over 400 hundred years and gay rights what? 30?. I'm not trying to say that it worth less than any other group, but you can't compare them because it's a different genre. If a gay person wants to get marry, then I think the law should allow it. It's not hurting anybody. But I don't think you should compare something that thousands of people had die for to something that's still fairly new.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/22/10

Shamela24 wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Shamela24 wrote:

I don't think you can compare the two, because gay people weren't put into slavery. Yes, they're similar but I don't think they're on the same level.


Roman Empire.. man there was a lot of gay slaves there... Jokes aside.!

But the fact is... the White races have been enslaved for much longer than the blacks in America.. Both Greek and Roman times.

So NO black do not get a free pass just because at one time there slaves.. that does not make them special.

This is about the rights of the people being trampled.
The fact that you think there rights are worth less than any other group of people makes me sick!


The Roman and Greek didn't enslave people because they were gay. Black people has been fight for rights for over 400 hundred years and gay rights what? 30?. I'm not trying to say that it worth less than any other group, but you can't compare them because it's a different genre. If a gay person wants to get marry, then I think the law should allow it. It's not hurting anybody. But I don't think you should compare something that thousands of people had die for to something that's still fairly new.


Being gay is new? Gays being told there not human.. or there evil devil worshiping sinners is not new. How many gays do you think ended up being killed from the witch burnings alone. Add in the fact that one of the largest groups of people killed by hate crimes at this time is the Gay group. Yeah gays been killed for just being gay for over 4000 years. So the track list of deaths for being gay might be higher than being black.
But that is not the point.. the point is there having there rights taken away from them.... the same as the blacks.. there nothing different about it.
Posted 1/22/10


hmm well the only thing i can is on gays being slaves during roman times at least they had an opportunity to become gladiators if i am not correct in order to fight for their freedom of slavery but well hmm i don't really know much but from a personal level one of my cousins was disowned because he is gay and now most of the family doesn't want a thing to do with him.
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Wilson, NC
Offline
Posted 1/22/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Shamela24 wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Shamela24 wrote:

I don't think you can compare the two, because gay people weren't put into slavery. Yes, they're similar but I don't think they're on the same level.


Roman Empire.. man there was a lot of gay slaves there... Jokes aside.!

But the fact is... the White races have been enslaved for much longer than the blacks in America.. Both Greek and Roman times.

So NO black do not get a free pass just because at one time there slaves.. that does not make them special.

This is about the rights of the people being trampled.
The fact that you think there rights are worth less than any other group of people makes me sick!


The Roman and Greek didn't enslave people because they were gay. Black people has been fight for rights for over 400 hundred years and gay rights what? 30?. I'm not trying to say that it worth less than any other group, but you can't compare them because it's a different genre. If a gay person wants to get marry, then I think the law should allow it. It's not hurting anybody. But I don't think you should compare something that thousands of people had die for to something that's still fairly new.


Being gay is new? Gays being told there not human.. or there evil devil worshiping sinners is not new. How many gays do you think ended up being killed from the witch burnings alone. Add in the fact that one of the largest groups of people killed by hate crimes at this time is the Gay group. Yeah gays been killed for just being gay for over 4000 years. So the track list of deaths for being gay might be higher than being black.
But that is not the point.. the point is there having there rights taken away from them.... the same as the blacks.. there nothing different about it.




Being gay is not new. They were accepted in the Greek and Roman times. The only reason it became something serious is because Monks were having sex and the Church didn't like it. What I'm trying to point out is "why now?" If gay people have been really suffering for thousands of years, why not start the movement earlier? If you're gay, then I'm sorry I offended you, But I still think you can't compare it to black civil rights . I didn't know that there were"seperate but equal laws" for gay people. I didn't know that there were" different restrooms" for gay people. I didn't know "that gay people had to sit on the back of the bus". I didn't know that gay people weren't allow to vote. I also didn't know that gay people had to go thru the brown paper bag test ( a test that's if you're skin is darker than a paper bag, you didn't get anything in the store). If that's the same thing, then I'm sorry for being wrong.
Posted 1/22/10 , edited 1/25/10


Being gay is not new. They were accepted in the Greek and Roman times. The only reason it became something serious is because Monks were having sex and the Church didn't like it. What I'm trying to point out is "why now?" If gay people have been really suffering for thousands of years, why not start the movement earlier? If you're gay, then I'm sorry I offended you, But I still think you can't compare it to black civil rights . I didn't know that there were"seperate but equal laws" for gay people. I didn't know that there were" different restrooms" for gay people. I didn't know "that gay people had to sit on the back of the bus". I didn't know that gay people weren't allow to vote. I also didn't know that gay people had to go thru the brown paper bag test ( a test that's if you're skin is darker than a paper bag, you didn't get anything in the store). If that's the same thing, then I'm sorry for being wrong.That's because all you know about homosexual was based on your perception about the universe as you know it. And how your ignorance led you to think that just because homosexuals didn't have the same "racist" prejudices as black, you ignored people's "sexist" prejudices on homosexuals. While just like how the blacks had their individual rights and freedoms violated by both state and federal laws on slavery, the homosexuals are having their individual rights and freedoms violated by both state and federal laws on marriage.
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Wilson, NC
Offline
Posted 1/23/10 , edited 1/25/10


What other rights besides marriage that gay people are fight for? Don't misunderstand me. I'm all for gay people getting married if they want to, but why compared to black civil rights? I'm only hearing about one issue and that's marriage. If they were fighting for several different issues at the same time, then I say it the same as black civil rights. But until then I'm keeping my opinion.
Posted 1/23/10

Shamela24 wrote:



What other rights besides marriage that gay people are fight for? Don't misunderstand me. I'm all for gay people getting married if they want to, but why compared to black civil rights? I'm only hearing about one issue and that's marriage. If they were fighting for several different issues at the same time, then I say it the same as black civil rights. But until then I'm keeping my opinion.
How about a total of 1,138 lawful benefits, AKA civil rights and freedoms that only came with the legal status of marriage? When homosexuals can only have the legal status of civil union or domestic partnership, while each status can only grand them with just a fraction of the total benefits under marriage.
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Wilson, NC
Offline
Posted 1/23/10

DomFortress wrote:


Shamela24 wrote:



What other rights besides marriage that gay people are fight for? Don't misunderstand me. I'm all for gay people getting married if they want to, but why compared to black civil rights? I'm only hearing about one issue and that's marriage. If they were fighting for several different issues at the same time, then I say it the same as black civil rights. But until then I'm keeping my opinion.
How about a total of 1,138 lawful benefits, AKA civil rights and freedoms that only came with the legal status of marriage? When homosexuals can only have the legal status of civil union or domestic partnership, while each status can only grand them with just a fraction of the total benefits under marriage.



Name all 1138 benefits and I'll change my opinion.
5787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M / HAPPY LAND
Offline
Posted 1/24/10
Funy that you said that, we had a discussion like that in language arts, its not true, because the civil rights movement, was like if you walked into a bar and you were black, they would tell you to get out, btu with gays you cant tell if there gay, if a gay guy walks into a bar you wont know if hes gay or straight until he shows it or tells it, and if he shows it then he should be gone, because hes probaly displayed innapropriate display of affection in public, or disordily conduct in public
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/24/10

Nightness wrote:

Funy that you said that, we had a discussion like that in language arts, its not true, because the civil rights movement, was like if you walked into a bar and you were black, they would tell you to get out, btu with gays you cant tell if there gay, if a gay guy walks into a bar you wont know if hes gay or straight until he shows it or tells it, and if he shows it then he should be gone, because hes probaly displayed innapropriate display of affection in public, or disordily conduct in public


'A couple was kicked out of K-Mart for being suspected of being gay.'

I guess walking around holding hands with your boyfriend is disorderly conduct in public.. As for me I am not gay... But I do not blind my self to the shit that happens around me.

Kid, who do you think are the largest group of people that suffer from hate crime? Give you a hint wile the Atheist are ranked really high in that list.. the people at the top are the gays. In America TODAY more people are killed for being gay than being black, atheist, or being a foreigner put together!

You can tell your teacher that as well.
The people they allow to teach are kids in school Some of them should be put in a mental home.. I know of a history teachers who got angry so they mooned the basket ball team, He also known for threaten kids who don't agree with his rants. Yet 11 years have past and he still has not lost his teaching job. (FUNNY PART IS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HE TEACHES)

Posted 1/24/10

Shamela24 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Shamela24 wrote:



What other rights besides marriage that gay people are fight for? Don't misunderstand me. I'm all for gay people getting married if they want to, but why compared to black civil rights? I'm only hearing about one issue and that's marriage. If they were fighting for several different issues at the same time, then I say it the same as black civil rights. But until then I'm keeping my opinion.
How about a total of 1,138 lawful benefits, AKA civil rights and freedoms that only came with the legal status of marriage? When homosexuals can only have the legal status of civil union or domestic partnership, while each status can only grand them with just a fraction of the total benefits under marriage.



Name all 1138 benefits and I'll change my opinion.
Already done. It was in my last reply as an official legal document in PDF format via hyperlink, on page 18.

There's a limit for you being ignorant, until you crossed that line to become just plain dumb.
5787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M / HAPPY LAND
Offline
Posted 1/24/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Nightness wrote:

Funy that you said that, we had a discussion like that in language arts, its not true, because the civil rights movement, was like if you walked into a bar and you were black, they would tell you to get out, btu with gays you cant tell if there gay, if a gay guy walks into a bar you wont know if hes gay or straight until he shows it or tells it, and if he shows it then he should be gone, because hes probaly displayed innapropriate display of affection in public, or disordily conduct in public


'A couple was kicked out of K-Mart for being suspected of being gay.'

I guess walking around holding hands with your boyfriend is disorderly conduct in public.. As for me I am not gay... But I do not blind my self to the shit that happens around me.

Kid, who do you think are the largest group of people that suffer from hate crime? Give you a hint wile the Atheist are ranked really high in that list.. the people at the top are the gays. In America TODAY more people are killed for being gay than being black, atheist, or being a foreigner put together!

You can tell your teacher that as well.
The people they allow to teach are kids in school Some of them should be put in a mental home.. I know of a history teachers who got angry so they mooned the basket ball team, He also known for threaten kids who don't agree with his rants. Yet 11 years have past and he still has not lost his teaching job. (FUNNY PART IS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HE TEACHES)



1st- i want talking about just holding hands, im talking about kissing heavily or making out in public, its the same as if a straight couple were making out in public, not just holding hands, cause they could be foreign brothers or something around that ballpark, the same things your not suppose to do with your girlfriend or boyfriend in public should be teh same for gays, in public its not good to wear very short skirts, same goes for gay men who where very short skirts. i really dont care is a gay boy wears makeup, or a dress, but if he takes it too far, where he not just violates manners peoples beleifs, he violates the law that is put for everyone, not just for them

2nd- your wrong when you say more gay people are kiled for being gay than black people, thats just a messed up lie right there plain fact
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/24/10

Nightness wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Nightness wrote:

Funy that you said that, we had a discussion like that in language arts, its not true, because the civil rights movement, was like if you walked into a bar and you were black, they would tell you to get out, btu with gays you cant tell if there gay, if a gay guy walks into a bar you wont know if hes gay or straight until he shows it or tells it, and if he shows it then he should be gone, because hes probaly displayed innapropriate display of affection in public, or disordily conduct in public


'A couple was kicked out of K-Mart for being suspected of being gay.'

I guess walking around holding hands with your boyfriend is disorderly conduct in public.. As for me I am not gay... But I do not blind my self to the shit that happens around me.

Kid, who do you think are the largest group of people that suffer from hate crime? Give you a hint wile the Atheist are ranked really high in that list.. the people at the top are the gays. In America TODAY more people are killed for being gay than being black, atheist, or being a foreigner put together!

You can tell your teacher that as well.
The people they allow to teach are kids in school Some of them should be put in a mental home.. I know of a history teachers who got angry so they mooned the basket ball team, He also known for threaten kids who don't agree with his rants. Yet 11 years have past and he still has not lost his teaching job. (FUNNY PART IS HE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HE TEACHES)



1st- i want talking about just holding hands, im talking about kissing heavily or making out in public, its the same as if a straight couple were making out in public, not just holding hands, cause they could be foreign brothers or something around that ballpark, the same things your not suppose to do with your girlfriend or boyfriend in public should be teh same for gays, in public its not good to wear very short skirts, same goes for gay men who where very short skirts. i really dont care is a gay boy wears makeup, or a dress, but if he takes it too far, where he not just violates manners peoples beleifs, he violates the law that is put for everyone, not just for them

2nd- your wrong when you say more gay people are kiled for being gay than black people, thats just a messed up lie right there plain fact

'LOOK IT UP.. In today's world not 50 years ago but the last few years alone... More hate crimes are targeted at gay people than the black, Atheist, or foreigners. '
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.