First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Gay Rights Movement being compared to the Black Civil Rights Movement?
5787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M / HAPPY LAND
Offline
Posted 1/24/10 , edited 1/25/10


Well its true for gay boys, but its tottaly diffrent for lesbian girls, they have a better chance of not getting hated by people
Posted 1/24/10

Nightness wrote:

Funy that you said that, we had a discussion like that in language arts, its not true, because the civil rights movement, was like if you walked into a bar and you were black, they would tell you to get out, btu with gays you cant tell if there gay, if a gay guy walks into a bar you wont know if hes gay or straight until he shows it or tells it, and if he shows it then he should be gone, because hes probaly displayed innapropriate display of affection in public, or disordily conduct in public
I'm going to assume that you think there's something wrong with homosexuals because to you, they're unnatural. Therefore that's your opinion about homosexual individuals.

The problem with language art is that it's grounded by opinions with pretty rhetoric. And when you need to discuss the nature of something you can't rely on just language alone, but rather the art of science grounded by facts about nature.

And in the laws of nature there is no concept of homosexual being right or wrong, because even the wild animals are displaying homosexual behaviors quite naturally. While other animals who are heterosexual, are treating homosexual as normal.
5787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M / HAPPY LAND
Offline
Posted 1/24/10

DomFortress wrote:


Nightness wrote:

Funy that you said that, we had a discussion like that in language arts, its not true, because the civil rights movement, was like if you walked into a bar and you were black, they would tell you to get out, btu with gays you cant tell if there gay, if a gay guy walks into a bar you wont know if hes gay or straight until he shows it or tells it, and if he shows it then he should be gone, because hes probaly displayed innapropriate display of affection in public, or disordily conduct in public
I'm going to assume that you think there's something wrong with homosexuals because to you, they're unnatural. Therefore that's your opinion about homosexual individuals.

The problem with language art is that it's grounded by opinions with pretty rhetoric. And when you need to discuss the nature of something you can't rely on just language alone, but rather the art of science grounded by facts about nature.

And in the laws of nature there is no concept of homosexual being right or wrong, because even the wild animals are displaying homosexual behaviors quite naturally. While other animals who are heterosexual, are treating homosexual as normal.


i know that...its ok to be gay, but not to show it alot, thats why people have bad sterotypes about gay people, because of the way they act..i really dont have a problen with gay people, its just speaking as a group of people, people do not like gays because of how alot of the gays act, its what happens with everything, people think black people are ghetto because of the way a high percentage of the people act
Posted 1/24/10 , edited 1/24/10

Nightness wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


Nightness wrote:



1st- i want talking about just holding hands, im talking about kissing heavily or making out in public, its the same as if a straight couple were making out in public, not just holding hands, cause they could be foreign brothers or something around that ballpark, the same things your not suppose to do with your girlfriend or boyfriend in public should be teh same for gays, in public its not good to wear very short skirts, same goes for gay men who where very short skirts. i really dont care is a gay boy wears makeup, or a dress, but if he takes it too far, where he not just violates manners peoples beleifs, he violates the law that is put for everyone, not just for them

2nd- your wrong when you say more gay people are kiled for being gay than black people, thats just a messed up lie right there plain fact

'LOOK IT UP.. In today's world not 50 years ago but the last few years alone... More hate crimes are targeted at gay people than the black, Atheist, or foreigners. '


Well its true for gay boys, but its tottaly diffrent for lesbian girls, they have a better chance of not getting hated by people
Not only you're gender bias when it comes to homosexual individuals, you also have problem for individuals celebrating who they are in open public. While at the same time however, heterosexual individuals are allowed to kiss, make out, and to reveal themselves in a sexual way in open public.

Now just for the record, are you happen to be religious by any chance? Because I'm starting to feel rather offended by your bias double-standard, just like any heterosexual individual would towards a religious dogma. And I'm straight with a happy heterosexual relationship with my partner.


Nightness wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Nightness wrote:

Funy that you said that, we had a discussion like that in language arts, its not true, because the civil rights movement, was like if you walked into a bar and you were black, they would tell you to get out, btu with gays you cant tell if there gay, if a gay guy walks into a bar you wont know if hes gay or straight until he shows it or tells it, and if he shows it then he should be gone, because hes probaly displayed innapropriate display of affection in public, or disordily conduct in public
I'm going to assume that you think there's something wrong with homosexuals because to you, they're unnatural. Therefore that's your opinion about homosexual individuals.

The problem with language art is that it's grounded by opinions with pretty rhetoric. And when you need to discuss the nature of something you can't rely on just language alone, but rather the art of science grounded by facts about nature.

And in the laws of nature there is no concept of homosexual being right or wrong, because even the wild animals are displaying homosexual behaviors quite naturally. While other animals who are heterosexual, are treating homosexual as normal.


i know that...its ok to be gay, but not to show it alot, thats why people have bad sterotypes about gay people, because of the way they act..i really dont have a problen with gay people, its just speaking as a group of people, people do not like gays because of how alot of the gays act, its what happens with everything, people think black people are ghetto because of the way a high percentage of the people act
No. The bias and sexist opinions and stereotypes were there only after homosexuality were already on the scene. And the proofs to that fact are in the Bible, the Quran, the Torah and the Talmud.
2386 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Wilson, NC
Offline
Posted 1/24/10 , edited 1/25/10


Sorry. I didn't see it. But I feel that you shouldn't reduce the black civil rights into nothing just because lack of benefits of marriage.
Posted 1/24/10 , edited 1/25/10
I didn't reduce or downplay on black civil rights movement at all, when I basically see them as one and the same.
4053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yo Mommas House
Offline
Posted 1/25/10

wrote:


drizza wrote:
I haven't been convinced or seen any type of scientifically evidence that people are born gay nor is there a gene to prove it.


Though most people would comeback with the, "I was born gay," rebuttal.

Let me add a little story:

A certain member of my family was heterosexual for 35 years of their life, then the next year decided she was a lesbian, then the next year decided she was bi. Get where I'm going with this? We all choose to be who we want in life. I wasn't born heterosexual, I could've gone either way. Yes I've kissed girls, but I just find men attractive. That's my choice.

Being black however, wasn't. Your skin is something you're born with, and until science can prove that homosexuality is a genetic trait than I'm upholding my opinion. That's all.


Damn it has been awhile. But yes I agree many people will come back with that I was born gay arguement. I always stated that there has been zero proof of this accusasion. If there was hard proof then this would have been bought out to the public and would be the answer to end all debates to this issue but guess what? It hasn't. Nothing but theories and such, nothing iron clad yet. So untill this is iron clad nobody can say they are born gay because there is no gene what so ever to prove this. You just choose to be gay. Nobody is forcing you be homosexual and in this time homosexuality is far more open then it was in the past. Once again blacks are born blacks. They have no choice so to compare this is silly. Your comparing a sexual attraction that is choice to a group of people who have no choice to choose their race. Makes no sense.

Edit: NOt in the mood for some stupid debate on trying to get me to accept this behavior. Peace.
Posted 1/25/10 , edited 1/25/10

drizza wrote:



Edit: NOt in the mood for some stupid debate on trying to get me to accept this behavior. Peace.
Not in the mood for a debate? Look around and see for yourself where exactly you are, and you tell me that you weren't expecting a discussion in the form of debate. Are you kidding?

And how can you deny the natural homosexual behaviors in nature? When bias and sexist opinions about homosexuals only came after homosexuality was first on the scene.
Posted 1/25/10 , edited 1/25/10




Kid, who do you think are the largest group of people that suffer from hate crime? Give you a hint wile the Atheist are ranked really high in that list.. the people at the top are the gays. In America TODAY more people are killed for being gay than being black, atheist, or being a foreigner put together!


What exactly are you talking about?
http://www.ticklethewire.com/2009/11/23/fbi-report-says-hates-crimes-up-against-blacks-jews-gays/

As you can see from the link I gave you, hate crimes against race are largely higher than those of sexual orientation and religion. In fact, reported hate crimes against blacks jumped to 8%, religion 9%, and gays 3%. While hate crimes against atheist are way lesser than all those combined. Go figure.

But when you say foreigner I guess you mean Ethnicity/national origin, which is only behind gays.

I'd love to see this information on atheist being ranked "really high" on the list of hate crimes than any other minority, religious belief, and sexual orientation. You people must really be suffering.




10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / cali
Offline
Posted 2/6/10
Yes, I believe so.
I agree with your opinion that both groups have fought and protested [yet one continues to fight for their rights] so they should have an understanding of each other.
I don't know.. I just think it's sad that discrimination exists. We're smart as people, but there are just some things that we're not all too good at understanding and we all think our opinion matters so much more than it really does.
Posted 2/6/10 , edited 2/6/10

hreoloenney wrote:

Yes, I believe so.
I agree with your opinion that both groups have fought and protested [yet one continues to fight for their rights] so they should have an understanding of each other.
I don't know.. I just think it's sad that discrimination exists. We're smart as people, but there are just some things that we're not all too good at understanding and we all think our opinion matters so much more than it really does.
You have your thoughts and feelings that's totally original and genuine, and you can trust in them not being wrong. Therefore yes, to you discrimination based on personal opinions and not real facts is a sad existence. And I agree.

Because everything is relative when we put them in perspective according to the laws of nature. Therefore the only discrimination that's left in this world is our human laws that's not according to our humanity, but rather they are our bias opinions and prejudices about ourselves.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/6/10

DomFortress wrote:


hreoloenney wrote:

Yes, I believe so.
I agree with your opinion that both groups have fought and protested [yet one continues to fight for their rights] so they should have an understanding of each other.
I don't know.. I just think it's sad that discrimination exists. We're smart as people, but there are just some things that we're not all too good at understanding and we all think our opinion matters so much more than it really does.
You have your thoughts and feelings that's totally original and genuine, and you can trust in them not being wrong. Therefore yes, to you discrimination based on personal opinions and not real facts is a sad existence. And I agree.

Because everything is relative when we put them in perspective according to the laws of nature. Therefore the only discrimination that's left in this world is our human laws that's not according to our humanity, but rather they are our bias opinions and prejudices about ourselves.


You know we could put atheist on that list as well... Atheist or the most hated minority group in America, on-top of that in some parts of the country the can not even by law hold office. Many atheist are attacked and abused, but even the police do not consider this hate crime against them, SO Black rights, Gay rights, and Atheist rights are needed in this prejudice country.
Posted 2/6/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


hreoloenney wrote:

Yes, I believe so.
I agree with your opinion that both groups have fought and protested [yet one continues to fight for their rights] so they should have an understanding of each other.
I don't know.. I just think it's sad that discrimination exists. We're smart as people, but there are just some things that we're not all too good at understanding and we all think our opinion matters so much more than it really does.
You have your thoughts and feelings that's totally original and genuine, and you can trust in them not being wrong. Therefore yes, to you discrimination based on personal opinions and not real facts is a sad existence. And I agree.

Because everything is relative when we put them in perspective according to the laws of nature. Therefore the only discrimination that's left in this world is our human laws that's not according to our humanity, but rather they are our bias opinions and prejudices about ourselves.


You know we could put atheist on that list as well... Atheist or the most hated minority group in America, on-top of that in some parts of the country the can not even by law hold office. Many atheist are attacked and abused, but even the police do not consider this hate crime against them, SO Black rights, Gay rights, and Atheist rights are needed in this prejudice country.
I was just finishing this post when I realize that fact.
Posted 2/6/10 , edited 2/6/10

hreoloenney wrote:

Yes, I believe so.
I agree with your opinion that both groups have fought and protested [yet one continues to fight for their rights] so they should have an understanding of each other.
I don't know.. I just think it's sad that discrimination exists. We're smart as people, but there are just some things that we're not all too good at understanding and we all think our opinion matters so much more than it really does.


I completely agree with you.



You know we could put atheist on that list as well... Atheist or the most hated minority group in America. on-top of that in some parts of the country the can not even by law hold office. Many atheist are attacked and abused, but even the police do not consider this hate crime against them, SO Black rights, Gay rights, and Atheist rights are needed in this prejudice country.


Yet again, you come in my thread posting the same thing and still have no proof to back it up.
You know, it would be really nice if someone explained this to me...
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/6/10 , edited 2/6/10
http://atheism.about.com/od/atheistbigotryprejudice/a/AtheitsHated.htm
http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/19/research-finds-that-atheists-are-most-hated-and-distrusted-minority/
http://charisma.livejournal.com/767887.html
http://www.goddiscussion.com/4755/discrimination-against-americas-most-hated-group-atheists/
http://blog.cindy.tc/?p=1240
http://www.nhne.org/news/NewsArticlesArchive/tabid/400/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6152/language/en-US/Atheists-Are-Most-Hated-Distrusted-Minority.aspx
Need more just ask..


Atheists identified as America’s most distrusted minority, according to new U of M study

MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL (3/20/2006) -- American’s increasing acceptance of religious diversity doesn’t extend to those who don’t believe in a god, according to a national survey by researchers in the University of Minnesota’s department of sociology.

From a telephone sampling of more than 2,000 households, university researchers found that Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in “sharing their vision of American society.” Atheists are also the minority group most Americans are least willing to allow their children to marry.

Even though atheists are few in number, not formally organized and relatively hard to publicly identify, they are seen as a threat to the American way of life by a large portion of the American public. “Atheists, who account for about 3 percent of the U.S. population, offer a glaring exception to the rule of increasing social tolerance over the last 30 years,” says Penny Edgell, associate sociology professor and the study’s lead researcher.

Edgell also argues that today’s atheists play the role that Catholics, Jews and communists have played in the past—they offer a symbolic moral boundary to membership in American society. “It seems most Americans believe that diversity is fine, as long as every one shares a common ‘core’ of values that make them trustworthy—and in America, that ‘core’ has historically been religious,” says Edgell. Many of the study’s respondents associated atheism with an array of moral indiscretions ranging from criminal behavior to rampant materialism and cultural elitism.

Edgell believes a fear of moral decline and resulting social disorder is behind the findings. “Americans believe they share more than rules and procedures with their fellow citizens—they share an understanding of right and wrong,” she said. “Our findings seem to rest on a view of atheists as self-interested individuals who are not concerned with the common good.”

The researchers also found acceptance or rejection of atheists is related not only to personal religiosity, but also to one’s exposure to diversity, education and political orientation—with more educated, East and West Coast Americans more accepting of atheists than their Midwestern counterparts.

The study is co-authored by assistant professor Joseph Gerteis and associate professor Doug Hartmann. It’s the first in a series of national studies conducted the American Mosaic Project, a three-year project funded by the Minneapolis-based David Edelstein Family Foundation that looks at race, religion and cultural diversity in the contemporary United States. The study will appear in the April issue of the American Sociological Review.




In my opinion its do to the religious and the American's Government propaganda and scape goting during the Cold War!


On topic..


There really very little difference between Black and Gay profiling and how there rights are being infringed upon. .


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.