The Japanese Society Perceived by Social Science
Posted 12/22/09 , edited 12/22/09
First off, I need to point out that this isn't about Japanese politics. Although it's unavoidable that individuals' behaviors and attitudes can affect their political viewpoints due to their freedom of expressions, however due to the Japanese collectivist cultural influence(citation), the individual Japanese's opinions(with the exception of Japanese elitists backed by faction loyalty) are often overruled by the majority of the Japanese public.

To a number of social scientists, the Japanese society is a classical field-trip study of how a homogeneously totalitarianism society works. When homogeneity and totalitarian democracy are the hallmark byproducts of a society under collectivist cultural influence. Not to mention is the problem with Japanese civil rights movement. And since there's hardly a racial minority civil rights movement in Japan due to its homogeneous status, this can only means the still ongoing women civil rights movement in Japan due to the traditional patriarchal prestige of Japanese men(citation).

I once hypothesized that "while the public need to be challenged by them meeting new standards, it takes strong individuals to challenge the status quo. That's why when individuals stop being challenged, the human society as a whole stop evolving towards the next evolution." And right now, I can see a lot of signs indicating that the Japanese society is becoming more and more unsustainable. Form Japan's relatively low birthrate coped with their high suicide rate of seniors, to the percentage of Japanese singles unwilling to have romantic relationships due to unrealistic expectations and gender identity shifts. As an amateur social scientist, I'm starting to think that the Japanese society is heading towards an imminent breakdown not because of their economy nor social policy, But rather it's due to their collectivist cultural influence is being fundamentally unnatural and therefore wrong.
Posted 12/22/09
what ever happens, happens is all i can say. I have a feeling that America will probably go though another civil war was well just to the fact that a lot of racism still exist in the south and with a lot at hate towards the president as well who want him dead etc sry for going off topic put this is to show that America is heading towards the same path as well. If Japan does break down it's not the worse thing that will happen in the world I mean we will no longer get anime or games but that's not really a necessity of life in this day and age you know. On japan's low birth rate America is also heading towards that since woman are working more and more and waiting to later to have kids and sometimes it's to late for them unlike men but we have fertility clinics but that's only for the rich. I am sorry for going off topic like this but this is just to show that japan is not the only country that has it bad right now all countries really do for some reason or another.
Posted 12/22/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

what ever happens, happens is all i can say. I have a feeling that America will probably go though another civil war was well just to the fact that a lot of racism still exist in the south and with a lot at hate towards the president as well who want him dead etc sry for going off topic put this is to show that America is heading towards the same path as well. If Japan does break down it's not the worse thing that will happen in the world I mean we will no longer get anime or games but that's not really a necessity of life in this day and age you know. On japan's low birth rate America is also heading towards that since woman are working more and more and waiting to later to have kids and sometimes it's to late for them unlike men but we have fertility clinics but that's only for the rich. I am sorry for going off topic like this but this is just to show that japan is not the only country that has it bad right now all countries really do for some reason or another.

I've said it before that this wasn't a political thread based on political science. When the reality is that like economic, politic is only just a part of human society based on social science. Therefore I'm not interested on small scaled political and economical viewpoints, that's only influencing localized short terms individual human behaviorism. When what I'm looking for is a more globalized scenario of cause and effect. Because people's thoughts are shaped not by our biological animal behaviorism alone, when cultural influence is very real.

And what's very real is the fact that Japan isn't America, when American society is under the influence of individualistic culture. That's why unlike the nation of Japan, America and several other western societies under individualistic cultural influence don't have homogeneity nor totalitarian democracy in their epidemics and politics. American's birthrate isn't nearly as low as Japan, while their immigration policy is preventing Americans not to become homogenized. While at the same time new generation of American males are becoming fathers who's adapting and adopting feminism by them having better communication skills.

Furthermore, the breakdown of Japanese society symbolizes the eventual failure of the Eastern society that's still under the influence of collectivist culture. Therefore while I'm unimpressed by you overgeneralizing Japan as the land of anime and video games, I also don't see the science of your reasoning.
Posted 12/22/09

DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

what ever happens, happens is all i can say. I have a feeling that America will probably go though another civil war was well just to the fact that a lot of racism still exist in the south and with a lot at hate towards the president as well who want him dead etc sry for going off topic put this is to show that America is heading towards the same path as well. If Japan does break down it's not the worse thing that will happen in the world I mean we will no longer get anime or games but that's not really a necessity of life in this day and age you know. On japan's low birth rate America is also heading towards that since woman are working more and more and waiting to later to have kids and sometimes it's to late for them unlike men but we have fertility clinics but that's only for the rich. I am sorry for going off topic like this but this is just to show that japan is not the only country that has it bad right now all countries really do for some reason or another.

I've said it before that this wasn't a political thread based on political science. When the reality is that like economic, politic is only just a part of human society based on social science. Therefore I'm not interested on small scaled political and economical viewpoints, that's only influencing localized short terms individual human behaviorism. When what I'm looking for is a more globalized scenario of cause and effect. Because people's thoughts are shaped not by our biological animal behaviorism alone, when cultural influence is very real.

And what's very real is the fact that Japan isn't America, when American society is under the influence of individualistic culture. That's why unlike the nation of Japan, America and several other western societies under individualistic cultural influence don't have homogeneity nor totalitarian democracy in their epidemics and politics. American's birthrate isn't nearly as low as Japan, while their immigration policy is preventing Americans not to become homogenized. While at the same time new generation of American males are becoming fathers who's adapting and adopting feminism by them having better communication skills.

Furthermore, the breakdown of Japanese society symbolizes the eventual failure of the Eastern society that's still under the influence of collectivist culture. Therefore while I'm unimpressed by you overgeneralizing Japan as the land of anime and video games, I also don't see the science of your reasoning.


And America doesn't have the whole we don't want fucking foreigners in out country as well calling people wetbacks and so on?? sigh i am so sick right now i don't even really know what I am saying to be honest. I think that Japan has a very rich culture and history I have studied a lot on japan's history like the feudal era, history of geisha's, the study of the game majong, go and sudoko and how that ties into their society today, Buddhism and so much more . Japan is tolerant of other people just not the scale that the USA and Canada is and well that's their problem either they wake up and notice that or it will hurt them in the end. On a side note dom Japan does have a pretty big population and with a lot of elderly to take care of and no where enough room to take care of a lot people is also contributing to the whole low birth rate. It will change over time though countries have a dip every now and then even though this is more like crater a baby boom is not most likely to happen but i will believe it will happen if people keep getting informed about it and hell they are even paying people to have kids WTF.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/16/japan-tackles-low-birth-r_n_288466.html
Posted 12/23/09 , edited 12/23/09

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



And America doesn't have the whole we don't want fucking foreigners in out country as well calling people wetbacks and so on?? sigh i am so sick right now i don't even really know what I am saying to be honest. I think that Japan has a very rich culture and history I have studied a lot on japan's history like the feudal era, history of geisha's, the study of the game majong, go and sudoko and how that ties into their society today, Buddhism and so much more . Japan is tolerant of other people just not the scale that the USA and Canada is and well that's their problem either they wake up and notice that or it will hurt them in the end. On a side note dom Japan does have a pretty big population and with a lot of elderly to take care of and no where enough room to take care of a lot people is also contributing to the whole low birth rate. It will change over time though countries have a dip every now and then even though this is more like crater a baby boom is not most likely to happen but i will believe it will happen if people keep getting informed about it and hell they are even paying people to have kids WTF.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/16/japan-tackles-low-birth-r_n_288466.html

Then you've better come to your own senses the next time when you tried to debrief my statement, with your presto Japanese history(not culture) lesson based on stereotypes and prejudices.

While the Japanese art of geisha can be seen as a patriarchal Japanese society's historical downplay on women. The feudal Japan was a history of civil unrest underneath an illusion of harmony of faction loyalty towards the Japanese Emperor. The game of go-ki was introduced to Japan by Japanese Buddhist monks, but the region first adapted Buddhist faith in year 552. While the design of majong tiles were based on the Chinese Taoism symbols, which BTW was invented by Chinese. And finally sudoku was a 19th century number puzzle invented by French, which was introduced to Japan back in 1984.

Finally, if the Japanese social policy of paying Japanese family to have babies could fix the Japanese low birthrate problem, that would be like a slap at the Japanese family value. Because that's literally saying that the Japanese people weren't getting paid enough to get married and have babies while their birthrate took a nose dive. But natural selection have a different explanation.

So yeah, WTF indeed. When you have no idea what "collectivist culture" is and how it influence the Japanese society, while the Japanese government is reinforcing the Japanese individuals to disregard their freedom of not getting married and have children for the greater good; money. Which BTW is not the same as family values.
You must be logged in to post.