First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Asian languages
Posted 1/2/08
First of all, if you're too lazy to read this post, just go back to the forum, please ;)

Me: What asian language do you want to learn a..
you: ..Oh I've read this one already I have to post to mod and post a use search and forum rules post
Me: ..nd, wait a minute, let me finish my sentence.
You: ... OK..
Me: This time, let us do a such thread without 90% of the posts being three words or less

So what I thought, was what asian language do you want to learn? why? what do you do to try learn it? which tools do you use? Do you already speak an asian language, nice tell us some things about it, what makes your asian language different, what's cool with it?

And before I start my first post for real, please do read the last couple of posts before answering, if your post does not offer any kind of content, or just is stupid just don't post. If you don't back your claims or statements up, go to www.youfail.org and think a bit.

So over to my little thing then.
I've wanted to learn japanese for quite a while, and then it became time for me to start on the university. So now I am in the first year of my japanese language bachelor. The reasons for me choosing japanese, is the way the language is so different from others, it's got mainly it's own language family, and the writing just seems like a strange messed up chinese It looks cool and sounds cool to my ears, and I really like languages, so that's what I rolled with, I'm not sure what to do after the three years, but I'll figure it out. So obviously I'm going to the university, and having japanese as my major, so I'm really having fun with it, and I try to find things when I get the chance. I've been through the textbook "Genki I" and start with "Genki II" this semester, the next semester we are going to have a 5-6 months language course in japan and I hope it will be good, though I've heard that it's lots of hard work. I do also try to listen to www.japanesepod101.com when I have the time, but it's kind of slow to me now, but we'll see ;)

13737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Hawaii....s00n 2...
Offline
Posted 1/2/08
what i want to learn right now is to speak japanese because i wanna go to japan in the future and to be able to communicate wtih others, i'll learn how.. and hey i'm gonna take jap elective next year so i hope i'll learn lots LOL
Posted 1/2/08

yamapijulie wrote:
what i want to learn right now is to speak japanese because i wanna go to japan in the future and to be able to communicate wtih others, i'll learn how.. and hey i'm gonna take jap elective next year so i hope i'll learn lots

jap elective? what is that?
13737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Hawaii....s00n 2...
Offline
Posted 1/2/08

torerling wrote:


yamapijulie wrote:
what i want to learn right now is to speak japanese because i wanna go to japan in the future and to be able to communicate wtih others, i'll learn how.. and hey i'm gonna take jap elective next year so i hope i'll learn lots

jap elective? what is that?


LOL i meant an elective.. i took a japanese class for my elective..
28413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77
Offline
Posted 1/2/08
i already know canto and mandarin xD
but mandarin im still learning =.=
i want to learn err....japanese or korean?!? since it fascinates me how well people speak with them :P
and how it is written :3
368 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / CA
Offline
Posted 1/2/08
i really want to learn Korean and Mandarin..
I find it really interesting..
I just don't know if i'll ever get the chance to..
Posted 1/2/08

lovexcookies wrote:

i already know canto and mandarin xD
but mandarin im still learning =.=
i want to learn err....japanese or korean?!? since it fascinates me how well people speak with them :P
and how it is written :3


canto? is that a chineese language ? I'm thinking of trying to learn some korean too, but I'm still not good enough in japanese to make it messy by dragging in a whole other language
Posted 1/2/08
Chinese. I really wanna go to China one day so yeah that's probly best

Learning Mandarin next school year
28413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77
Offline
Posted 1/2/08

torerling wrote:


lovexcookies wrote:

i already know canto and mandarin xD
but mandarin im still learning =.=
i want to learn err....japanese or korean?!? since it fascinates me how well people speak with them :P
and how it is written :3


canto? is that a chineese language ? I'm thinking of trying to learn some korean too, but I'm still not good enough in japanese to make it messy by dragging in a whole other language ;)


lols, canto is cantonese :D
hong kong's main language
haha, i think id rather learn korean first, somehow doesnt seem like waht most people would learn, since jap. and mandarin are more 'popular'
Posted 1/2/08

yamapijulie wrote:


torerling wrote:

yamapijulie wrote:
what i want to learn right now is to speak japanese because i wanna go to japan in the future and to be able to communicate wtih others, i'll learn how.. and hey i'm gonna take jap elective next year so i hope i'll learn lots

jap elective? what is that?

LOL i meant an elective.. i took a japanese class for my elective..

Ah as a little subject I think japanese is quite hard, at least if you speak norwegian, english or some other language as far off as these from it I'm doing about 4 hours japanese a day, and I still find very much strange things :P


lovexcookies wrote:
lols, canto is cantonese :D
hong kong's main language
haha, i think id rather learn korean first, somehow doesnt seem like waht most people would learn, since jap. and mandarin are more 'popular'


strange abbrevation yeah it seems like japanese and mandarin is more hip at the time, but some time people will find that korean is quite cool too And they have a cool writing system too
13737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Hawaii....s00n 2...
Offline
Posted 1/2/08

torerling wrote:


yamapijulie wrote:


torerling wrote:

yamapijulie wrote:
what i want to learn right now is to speak japanese because i wanna go to japan in the future and to be able to communicate wtih others, i'll learn how.. and hey i'm gonna take jap elective next year so i hope i'll learn lots

jap elective? what is that?

LOL i meant an elective.. i took a japanese class for my elective..

Ah as a little subject I think japanese is quite hard, at least if you speak norwegian, english or some other language as far off as these from it I'm doing about 4 hours japanese a day, and I still find very much strange things :P


i know yeah? it's hard but i really wanna learn! LOL and i hope they pick it as my elective for next year.. i really wanna learn!
1331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/2/08
Koreans find Japanese easy 2 learn but I think Japs will find it hard to learn Korean.
Posted 1/2/08

oOJEFFOo wrote:
Koreans find Japanese easy 2 learn but I think Japs will find it hard to learn Korean.

And will you please elaborate and get any reasons for this claim? or are we supposed to just believe your claim out of nowhere?
6119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Tulsa..A boring p...
Offline
Posted 1/2/08
i really want to learn japanese and madarin. mainly bacause i would like to go to a different country one day and live there for at least a year or two. cuz one day i was thinkin where in the US would i like to live and i just couldnt think of a state with the things i wanted to live around. cuz basically oklahoma is boring.
<like this face
3806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / F
Offline
Posted 1/2/08
I really want to learn Japanese at the moment because.. i really dont know. Maybe it'll help me later on in life? If i get to travel to Japan? I just find it interesting. Maybe i would sign up for some classes, or if my high school has that language elective, i might take it. I already speak Cantonese, and it might be better to learn Mandarin instead of Japanese, but i can sort of already understand some of it so yeah...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.