First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
Post Reply Why can girls dress like guys but guys cant dress like girls?
14394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/24/13

H3ctor87 wrote:


spectralMagician wrote:

So like have you guys ever seen Boku no Pico or


Haven't seen it, but heard of it. I might check out to see what the big fuss is all about.


I'm having a case of the laughs.
16190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego
Offline
Posted 6/24/13

koji8123 wrote:

Pfft. Who say's I can't I do what I want. I just don't WANT to wear a skirt. Unless it's a kilt. Kilts are badass. I wore a thong once. Was my girlfriend's idea at the time. Wasn't bad but it tugged on places I didn't want tugged.


LOL a thong, tho I agree Kilts are BADASS!

3058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/26/13
girls can wear mens clothes if they want to. men can wear womens clothes if they want to.
however which way you want to dress is completely acceptable. you shouldn't be told to dress in a specific way because of what you've got in your underpants. or not in your underpants. whatever you choose to wear.
Is-9 
9216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 6/26/13
Women genuinely dressing like dudes (as in, clothes from the actual men's department, not feminized stuff like women's jeans) will get side-eyed too. But really, the depressing reason guys can't dress like women is that in our society, things coded 'male' are still valued above things coded 'female'. Women's clothes symbolize lower status, while men's symbolize higher status. So basically, if a woman wears men's clothes, that's at least understandable - she's aspiring 'upwards', trying to be something she can't (how much she will be resented for this depends on the context), but at least realizing that being male is 'better' - but if a man 'lowers' himself to the female level by wearing a skirt (or acting 'gay' = like a woman, for that matter), he's rejecting to the entire system, and that can't be accepted, so he's painted as a freak. And thus, homophobia, transphobia, all that lovely stuff is born.

It should be noted that historically, women wearing pants was both more frowned upon than it is today AND a deliberate political statement by the women wearing them. That women don't HAVE to wear skirts in the present is a hard-won right, so dudes, if you want those dresses, get campaigning!
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
People keep saying that "men wearing women's clothing is gross" or "it's disgusting", but there are plenty of male models who intentionally dress like women. A good example would be Andrej Pejic, who just so happens to be prettier than most - if not all - of the girls I know, and was ranked 98th place on FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011 - http://www.fhm.com/girls/100-sexiest-women-in-the-world-2011--the-top-ten-20100127:



Yes, he is definitely male. Another example of your "disgusting" man wearing girls' clothes is the Swede-turned-Japanese pop star, YOHIO:



I guess my point is, you may call it "gross" when any guy wears women's clothing, but quite a few can actually pull it off. At multiple anime cons I've been to, I've seen males crossplaying; some of them I actually thought were girls until I heard their voices.
If a guy wants to wear girls' clothes, I say hand him a dress and a wig and let him. If he has the guts to do it, why shouldn't he? Besides, you never know; he might look just as good as any girl wearing the same thing. It's all about personal aesthetics, after all.
3025 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 7/11/13 , edited 7/11/13

iPockyx3 wrote:

okay i just made this out of boredom if it is a duplicate lock it please

so i was just wandering why girls can dress like guys and not get critized but guys dress like girls and get criticized?

i mean i dress like guys i wear jeans and sneakers and t-shits and stuff wear my hats backwards and so on but no one says anything so whats your opinion?


I can tell you why you shouldn't dress like boys if you're actually interested in them. It has been proven that the more feminine girls dress, the more attention they get. This means dresses, high heels, classy jewelry, something that enhances and shows your curves, etc. I completely agree with you if you say that it's over the top sometimes, but this is just how it is.

Guys digg smiles and proper getups a lot.
27467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tórshavn
Online
Posted 7/11/13
Cross dress ftw!! Let's all make an special day for this event, it will be like sometime in the summer and we all go out and walk in maid costumes or something, take pictures and post it here! xD!!

*I'll do it if some of you guys are gonna xDD*
2848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
Guys can but most guys don't have the look to pull off wearing a dress. As for girls most of them can wear guys clothings but still look good doing it.
13345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
Because our society isn't fully developed yet.
People should be able to dress as the like without having people hatin' on them.
7322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in my living room...
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
Unsure, I've never felt the inclination to dress like a man before.
Posted 7/11/13

sophie-ann wrote:

Unsure, I've never felt the inclination to dress like a man before.


should try make hot sexy male ^.^
tazz73 
6096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / California
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
when girls or guys dress up as the other people juge them. me i say wear what makes you happy
5692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Fortree City, Hoenn
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
Because they look drag.
22446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / University of Tex...
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
My guess (I'm sure someone in the 17 pages poster so far has said the same) is that it is because male clothing is generally more basic. Girls frequently go out of their way to look more feminine, but male clothing is rarely particularly manly.
17060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 7/11/13
If there is money involved I would gladly throw my dignity out the window and crossdress otherwise you will never catch me in womens clothing.

*sigh* My greed outweighs my sense of pride... I need to fix that
First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.