First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
Post Reply Why can girls dress like guys but guys cant dress like girls?
1517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Ultimecia's kastle
Offline
Posted 7/18/13
I haven't really thought like this actually. It's true that it's harder for girls to noticably 'crossdress'. Whereas if men wear a dress or similar they'd instantly be known as crossdressing. However the thread is a little unclear. Because how do you mean that girls usually dress? Does it have to be a miniskirt, or just a tighter and more colourful version of jeans? Because i wear female model of jeans and that actually attracts girls more than male jeans. So, we can wear female models of some clothes. ;)
https://twitter.com/MyhntVegalita/status/356473362844880896/photo/1
6174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38
Offline
Posted 7/18/13 , edited 7/18/13

AtotehZ wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:


AtotehZ wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:

Because American society says so. If you don't like it, dress how you want and stop caring what people have to say about you.


Wrong


You can explain how it's wrong, or you can continue appear vacuous.


I already did. This is what I wrote earlier, repeating myself became boring:


AtotehZ wrote:


iPockyx3 wrote:

okay i just made this out of boredom if it is a duplicate lock it please

so i was just wandering why girls can dress like guys and not get critized but guys dress like girls and get criticized?

i mean i dress like guys i wear jeans and sneakers and t-shits and stuff wear my hats backwards and so on but no one says anything so whats your opinion?


I can tell you why you shouldn't dress like boys if you're actually interested in them. It has been proven that the more feminine girls dress, the more attention they get. This means dresses, high heels, classy jewelry, something that enhances and shows your curves, etc. I completely agree with you if you say that it's over the top sometimes, but this is just how it is.

Guys digg smiles and proper getups a lot.

AtotehZ wrote:


Davisx3m wrote:

Because our society isn't fully developed yet.
People should be able to dress as the like without having people hatin' on them.


You're dead wrong on that one, society development has nothing to do with it

I mentioned why in my earlier post. The bodies of men and women are different. Our minds tick in different ways and respond differently to input. Clothing is a factor in the equation since the curves they try to show off are different too.

The day it doesn't matter what type of clothes male and female wear, humanity has sunk to an incredible low.


It is not really my business to tell you what you should do. I am just telling you how it actually is on a biological hormonal level as a favor.


No you're not. You completely omitted the "how" part, and as a result did little more than paraphrase the very idea that was being questioned.

Also, you've somehow managed to confuse "stereotypical guys responsible for rape culture and treating women like shit" for all guys when you were trying to explain why women shouldn't 'dress like boys.'
6174 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38
Offline
Posted 7/18/13

amuchi26 wrote:

The thing is, guys can dress in clothing branded for women. There is absolutely no rule saying someone who identifies as male cannot wear dresses, skirts, bras, etc. It's all a societal gender standard that has been set up over time. With modern feminism, we're fighting to break down those gender standards.

Plus, women's clothing is very sexualized and is not very functional, no matter how 'pretty' it may be. Our sweatshirts are insanely thin and are terrible at keeping us insulated in the cold [but hey, we get to show off our womanly figure, right?] Our pant sizes are literally random numbers, while men's pant sizes are literally the size of your waist and the length of your leg. Speaking of pants, ours have no pocket space. At all. Because according to the fashion industry all we should be carrying is lip balm and bobby pins, because that's all we can fit in our dang pockets. Our scarves? All sheer. None that actually keep you insulated. Women are expected to wear frilly underpants that don't come from a package, which is BS because individual sets of panties cost much more than a packaged set. And a pair of nice shoes costs about as much as a gaming console, which is ridiculous. Men's clothing is more functional, usually cheaper and is really not all that bad looking.


Actually, the fashion industry expects you to carry a purse or handbag to put your stuff in, so as not to distort the 'clean lines.'

Also, when talking about shoes you completely forgot the insanity of heels.
22024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/14
http://demastero.tumblr.com/

Hey I think you all just think about this in the wrong way. dressing cutely does not make someone gay also it doesn't make them any less manly. men just need to approach dressing cutely not as a joke or in a failed attempt to dress like a "girl" but rather dress appropriately for yourself and body just as you would on a daily basis. ie you wouldn't wear a x small shirt if you fit a large or you wouldn't shave your head just because others look good like that. you need to fit your own style. its not cross dressing but rather You dressing. and trust me when i say i get more girls approach me because of my hair or fashion that are "interested" in me than I ever did dressing boring like most men it makes a great ice breaker and instantly impresses.
1289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 1/14/14
Two words: double standard.
21940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/14
Answer to question: Google Sailor Bubba.
Posted 1/14/14
Don't know what I just read, but I saw a hairy man in a pink dotted bra with his skirt, which emphasizes and slims down his hairy legs. Very attractive.
8299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/14/14
Guys close function, girls close form? Sides, a dress would get breezy.
18228 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Winter Springs, FL
Offline
Posted 1/14/14
it's a conspiracy i tell you! those women are trying to bring us down man! trying to keep us in line, like we are nothing more than money machines man. FIGHT THE POWER! DRESS IN DRAG!
Jarexx 
25797 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Boston
Offline
Posted 1/14/14
why are people bumping a 4 year old thread?
24428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / US
Offline
Posted 1/14/14 , edited 1/14/14

wrote:

would your really want to see me wear a skirt with hairy legs and a thong??


Girls also have hairy girls, you know.... so that's not an excuse. If guys would do the same work as girls (shaving legs/armpits, using make up to enhance the eyes/lips/cheek bones and hide imperfections) guys would be as beautiful as girls!!!

A woman takes care of her appearance and wears dresses or skirts that show more of her curves in order to attract the opposite sex. If guys would look as pretty as girls, then most guys would be gay! jk jk!!

I think this is one of the reasons why in the old times it was prohibited for men to wear women's clothes and vice versa and homosexuality was also prohibited because people were living in frequently hostile territories and they needed to increase their numbers - so if a woman didn't attract the opposite sex or if a man was not having sex with a woman, they weren't procreating and increasing their numbers.

And that kind of mentality has followed us until today it is quite weird that I am not attracted to feminine guys or guys who wear girly clothes (I don't think is wrong though)...I like guys who wear...men's clothes with hairy legs and everything but if I see a feminine guy or a guy in girls' clothes I'd think he's gay and sexually unappealing.

BTW!! to those who think that guys can't look beautiful in girls' clothes, just look at this guy!! I follow him in youtube and I think he is SEXY (not to go out with him, but like a role model) although he is gay, he is proof that if a guy shaves his legs and wears a well done make up, he can be as striking or even more than any girl.

21304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/14
Historically in male dominated cultures women have been denigrated and subjugated making anything to do with women a sign of weakness. Therefore dressing or behaving in a feminine fashion would be seen as a weakness. (Noting that the ideals of fashion and behaviour have changed dramatically over the several thousand years of culture.) That idea still infuses the vast majority of cultures across the globe.

This is actually creating a problem for men. As women have achieved more and more freedoms and moved into spaces that have been traditionally male only not being seeing as behaving or dressing in a feminine manner is becoming increasingly difficult for men creating a sort of "hyper masculine" ideal.
4882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / LV-426
Offline
Posted 1/15/14
Ok..I'll do it. Tonight I'll wear a dress. Maybe I should get some tampons, too. By the way, all you sociology professors out there....not all of our behavior is purely culture related. You can attribute some of it to Estrogen and Testosterone. This was fun. We had fun today.
Posted 1/15/14 , edited 1/15/14
i use female hoddies and jumpers that's about it . manly because there loot worm and baggie
that's about it and there bland ones

I put on what i feel comfortable in
21304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/14 , edited 1/15/14

dirty_soap_dish wrote:
By the way, all you sociology professors out there....not all of our behavior is purely culture related. You can attribute some of it to Estrogen and Testosterone.


That's very true. But hormones have nothing to do with gender defined clothing assignments as clothing is a purely cultural construct. The broad idea that "women wear dresses and men do not" is not an individual choice influenced by the dominant hormone flowing through a person's bloodstream.

First  Prev  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.