Remove this ad
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
The F Word
10612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Seattle
Online
Posted 11/9/12
When people use it freely, to me it's like guys who post pics of themselves flexing their muscles in front of a mirror. They think it looks cool, and think everyone who sees them will think it's cool, but they actually just look immature and silly.
9220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ♬アメリカ//東京
Offline
Posted 11/9/12
I just find swearing vulgar and choose to not do it.
I do not swear but it's quite normal for everyone around me to use it so..
It's not really taboo but more of preference? ^_^)
42193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 11/9/12 , edited 11/9/12

xiluvJaejoongie wrote:

I just find swearing vulgar and choose to not do it.
I do not swear but it's quite normal for everyone around me to use it so..
It's not really taboo but more of preference? ^_^)


Yes, I agree. It's not necessary taboo as much as it is a personal preference whether or not to use such words. Personally I don't swear because I have other means to get my thoughts across, but that's just me. That is, of course when not on the internet and I only swear on the internet for laughs and giggles.
150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/9/12
i thought this was about the f word that actually deserves a 25-page introspective topic about how gross it is
42193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 11/9/12

moltm wrote:

i thought this was about the f word that actually deserves a 25-page introspective topic about how gross it is


Fungi?
9220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ♬アメリカ//東京
Offline
Posted 11/9/12

Shrapnel893 wrote:


xiluvJaejoongie wrote:

I just find swearing vulgar and choose to not do it.
I do not swear but it's quite normal for everyone around me to use it so..
It's not really taboo but more of preference? ^_^)


Yes, I agree. It's not necessary taboo as much as it is a personal preference whether or not to use such words. Personally I don't swear because I have other means to get my thoughts across, but that's just me. That is, of course when not on the internet and I only swear on the internet for laughs and giggles.


Yes, it's exactly that. (^_^)
I am the same, I have other means of getting frustration across. XD
The only time I'd probably use it is if I'm extremely appalled by something I see online.
Other than that, I do not swear in person. ^^
2041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 11/9/12
The F word really has been overused and has the influence equal to when a person says flapjacks.. i chose flapjacks because they are delicious!!
18977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / England
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
Did it ever have any impact to begin with?
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
It depends on the exposure. Some people become desensitized (if that's the right word) to it due to constantly hear it and things.
For me in particular, I hear it too often to not care. I'm not much of a user of the word though.
4427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
I'm telling Mother that you swore. (Mwuahaha)
18426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Miami, Florida
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
Growing up I never used that word. Just a very dirty word. As a teenager I tried to be more cool and probably used it very sparingly. I don't use it at all as an adult. I never found having a foul mouth to be appealing. It actually makes you look not very intelligent. Just my choice.
29417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
I searched this thread for the word "sheltered" it returned no results...
2603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 11/10/12

moltm wrote:

i thought this was about the f word that actually deserves a 25-page introspective topic about how gross it is


same
54354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 11/10/12
I'm British so i don't see the word as aggresively or vulgar as people from other countries do.

But it's been used in England as a curse word, even as a normal word for several centuries.
First  Prev  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.