First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Happy 2010! Thank you Premium Members for a great 2009!
2592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Magical DreamLand
Offline
Posted 1/4/10
Happy 2010~!

coolworlds wrote:


shinji wrote:

Happy Twenty-Ten everyone!

It's been exactly one year since Crunchyroll was reinvented as an official source for anime and drama. We've made so much progress in 2009, and it's incredible to see the loyalty and support you have shown us ( Of which crunchyroll has shown none to it's viewers ). Everyone at Crunchyroll thanks you ( for all your money ), especially our Premium Members, for supporting and believing in us ( even though you can get a memebership but can only watch half of the anime or drama available ) through the good times and the bad ( like when we offer a series free to view then 5 episodes from the end you have to start to pay ).

In only one short year, we've done so much. Starting with only a couple simulcasts on Jan 1st, 2009, we now have over 50% ( 35% actually ) of all anime shows being broadcast in Japan, we just launched an enormous catalog of Korean dramas and Chinese movies, and have started to bring back music videos ( EXPECT a movie and music membership in the near future! ). And all of this is fully official with the cooperation of our content partners, who without their extended generosity would not be possible.

By watching directly on Crunchyroll, you are supporting the entire Asian media industry, and through our numbers they will hear our voice and bring more awesome shows onto the site ( of which people in europe will never get to see ). Our Premium Members deserve a special thanks, as their membership dues directly support the creation of new anime in Japan. With their help, Crunchyroll is now the leading and primary source for all anime on the internet ( not true there are at least 6 other site that have just as good coverage) . We are the only website on the internet where you can get hit shows like Naruto and Fairy Tail only 1 hour after it airs in Japan legitimately.

2010 will prove to be even more fruitful ( for us as we'll make a ton of cash off you! ) as we hope to bring 100% of all anime to our site and expand our drama/movie and music catalog with more videos for more regions ( which you keep saying but so far not one single series which has aired on crunchroll that was licenced for the US has had it's licenses expanded ). So keep watching on Crunchyroll to help out! Thanks for a great 2009, and we look forward to an even better 2010! ( and even more shallow promises that we'll make but never keep! )


The above is how it should have read the first time round. It's not being bitter, it's just the truth. And it's still the reason why 80% of the internet will look for there animation else where ( this figure was brought to you by the crunchyroll fact's and figure estimator ).


So true. 50%? Yeah right. Where's Pita-ten? Code Geass? All the Gundam shows? Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha?(Wait, the first two seasons got licensed, oh yeah.) SoltyRei? Happy Seven? Sailor Moon? Cutie Honey? Fushigi hoshi no futagohime? The Prince of Tennis? D.N Angel? The most wanted Bleach and One Piece? 07-Ghost? Pandora Hearts? CANAAN? D.Gray-man?(Wait this got licensed too.) Is that it? Crunchyroll, don't think about 100% because you have less than 50% of animes out there. There's other animes that ARE ALREADY LICENSED so don't bother. What anime has their license expanded, Crunchyroll? I don't think there was even one. Nice try. Crunchyroll only supports America, and that's it.
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/4/10

LiSiaoGirl wrote:



So true. 50%? Yeah right. Where's Pita-ten? Code Geass? All the Gundam shows? Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha?(Wait, the first two seasons got licensed, oh yeah.) SoltyRei? Happy Seven? Sailor Moon? Cutie Honey? Fushigi hoshi no futagohime? The Prince of Tennis? D.N Angel? The most wanted Bleach and One Piece? 07-Ghost? Pandora Hearts? CANAAN? D.Gray-man?(Wait this got licensed too.) Is that it? Crunchyroll, don't think about 100% because you have less than 50% of animes out there. There's other animes that ARE ALREADY LICENSED so don't bother. What anime has their license expanded, Crunchyroll? I don't think there was even one. Nice try. Crunchyroll only supports America, and that's it.


Note that it is 50% of all anime shows being broadcast in Japan. In other words, weekly animes. As also stated (when the 50% was originally announced), it doesn't include children's anime. The term broadcast also excludes OVAs/ONAs, while short animes (2-5 min ones) are somehow ruled out aswell. Following those, which were obviously stated, CR did indeed have 50% of anime airing in Japan last season... Barely.

100% of ALL anime is probably unattainable in the near future, but its simply a goal. It never hurts to aim high, and a deal with a company that already hosts alot of anime streams would help greatly. And just because an anime is already licensed in the US, doesn't mean CR can't get it, they just need the dubbers permission aswell, which is possible to acquire.

Crunchyroll also supports Australia. I get 70% or so of animes here.
62022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Leeds, United Kin...
Offline
Posted 1/5/10
UK do very well as well!!
26128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Mars or Venus but...
Offline
Posted 1/5/10
no. no we don't.
31723 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Your guess is as...
Offline
Posted 1/5/10
Shinji, when you say it like that, then yeah me too, I look forward to 2010 on CR.
28042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 1/5/10
same to the staff and keep up the damn good work!
happy to support you <3
33136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / RJ - BR
Offline
Posted 1/6/10 , edited 1/6/10

deloreanbr wrote:


Nenmoth wrote:

I don't need 100% of all new animé, just need to remove the region restrictions on those you've got. I can only watch like 50% of the content on CR...

But still, I'm a (almost) happy paying member


^ THIS

Also, want to point out that I am in fact a subscriber, but still prefer to download the files from that group. And there are means to overcome the region restrictions, but it's a pain in the ass.

Well, actually it's pretty easy, use either us or fg and then u r good to watch any animes here.

Really, I pay for a full membership, I think this is completely pathetic that I have to pay THE SAME THING as others while they get to watch more shows, we should get a compensation of some sort. So I use a proxy, I am paying, I dont even consider this "illegal".
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/6/10

V-Brake wrote:


deloreanbr wrote:


Nenmoth wrote:

I don't need 100% of all new animé, just need to remove the region restrictions on those you've got. I can only watch like 50% of the content on CR...

But still, I'm a (almost) happy paying member


^ THIS

Also, want to point out that I am in fact a subscriber, but still prefer to download the files from that group. And there are means to overcome the region restrictions, but it's a pain in the ass.

Well, actually it's pretty easy, use either us or fg and then u r good to watch any animes here.

Really, I pay for a full membership, I think this is completely pathetic that I have to pay THE SAME THING as others while they get to watch more shows, we should get a compensation of some sort. So I use a proxy, I am paying, I dont even consider this "illegal".

Honestly, I don't think CR, or the providers of anime to CR care about proxies. The only reason why everything isn't worldwide are legal issues, and most companies that provide anime here probably would allow them to be worldwide, if they had the license... Back to a matter of proxies, both CR and providers benefit from them, as they gain extra views... The ones who would disagree are those who hold the license to other countries, but since they don't provide me with anything, I couldn't care less about them.
4974 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / inside a powerful...
Offline
Posted 1/7/10
heheh good thing im part of the history of this site
48704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States, Fl...
Offline
Posted 1/9/10
Love the change, keep up the good work CR I shall stick with you through thick and thin!!!
Posted 3/28/10
Imagine Cr also getting anime films and mangas. Now that would be going above and beyond...it would make it the best damn site on the internet
6042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / sOmE WhErE iN My...
Offline
Posted 4/9/10
Thanks too shinji Crunchyroll has become what it is today...but i don’t know maybe Crunchyroll should stop lying about 50%, cause not all of us are dumb…but then again there are lots of anime out there so I guess you can’t blame them for trying.
56984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 4/30/10

llamaben wrote:


LiSiaoGirl wrote:



So true. 50%? Yeah right. Where's Pita-ten? Code Geass? All the Gundam shows? Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha?(Wait, the first two seasons got licensed, oh yeah.) SoltyRei? Happy Seven? Sailor Moon? Cutie Honey? Fushigi hoshi no futagohime? The Prince of Tennis? D.N Angel? The most wanted Bleach and One Piece? 07-Ghost? Pandora Hearts? CANAAN? D.Gray-man?(Wait this got licensed too.) Is that it? Crunchyroll, don't think about 100% because you have less than 50% of animes out there. There's other animes that ARE ALREADY LICENSED so don't bother. What anime has their license expanded, Crunchyroll? I don't think there was even one. Nice try. Crunchyroll only supports America, and that's it.


Note that it is 50% of all anime shows being broadcast in Japan. In other words, weekly animes. As also stated (when the 50% was originally announced), it doesn't include children's anime. The term broadcast also excludes OVAs/ONAs, while short animes (2-5 min ones) are somehow ruled out aswell. Following those, which were obviously stated, CR did indeed have 50% of anime airing in Japan last season... Barely.

100% of ALL anime is probably unattainable in the near future, but its simply a goal. It never hurts to aim high, and a deal with a company that already hosts alot of anime streams would help greatly. And just because an anime is already licensed in the US, doesn't mean CR can't get it, they just need the dubbers permission aswell, which is possible to acquire.

Crunchyroll also supports Australia. I get 70% or so of animes here.


Crunchyroll had none of the top ten most watched anime in Japan, so I doubt overall that they had 50% of all anime broadcast.
72378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/10

zeroryoko1974 wrote:


llamaben wrote:


LiSiaoGirl wrote:



So true. 50%? Yeah right. Where's Pita-ten? Code Geass? All the Gundam shows? Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha?(Wait, the first two seasons got licensed, oh yeah.) SoltyRei? Happy Seven? Sailor Moon? Cutie Honey? Fushigi hoshi no futagohime? The Prince of Tennis? D.N Angel? The most wanted Bleach and One Piece? 07-Ghost? Pandora Hearts? CANAAN? D.Gray-man?(Wait this got licensed too.) Is that it? Crunchyroll, don't think about 100% because you have less than 50% of animes out there. There's other animes that ARE ALREADY LICENSED so don't bother. What anime has their license expanded, Crunchyroll? I don't think there was even one. Nice try. Crunchyroll only supports America, and that's it.


Note that it is 50% of all anime shows being broadcast in Japan. In other words, weekly animes. As also stated (when the 50% was originally announced), it doesn't include children's anime. The term broadcast also excludes OVAs/ONAs, while short animes (2-5 min ones) are somehow ruled out aswell. Following those, which were obviously stated, CR did indeed have 50% of anime airing in Japan last season... Barely.

100% of ALL anime is probably unattainable in the near future, but its simply a goal. It never hurts to aim high, and a deal with a company that already hosts alot of anime streams would help greatly. And just because an anime is already licensed in the US, doesn't mean CR can't get it, they just need the dubbers permission aswell, which is possible to acquire.

Crunchyroll also supports Australia. I get 70% or so of animes here.


Crunchyroll had none of the top ten most watched anime in Japan, so I doubt overall that they had 50% of all anime broadcast.


More than half of the most watched weekly ones are kids animes like Pokemon... Their 50% claim was right for Fall 2009, iffy but close to 50% in Winter 2010, and Spring 2010 was nowhere near.
56984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / somewhere
Offline
Posted 4/30/10 , edited 4/30/10
To quote the OP "In only one short year, we've done so much. Starting with only a couple simulcasts on Jan 1st, 2009, we now have over 50% of all anime shows being broadcast in Japan" I guess it should read" In only one short year, we've done so much. Starting with only a couple simulcasts on Jan 1st, 2009, we now have over 50% of only certain titles that we decide to include in that 50% of all anime shows being broadcast in Japan" It would be like me saying, i am the richest person in the world, not including everyone who is richer then me.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.