First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Is Abstinence A Good Thing? Debate!
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/12/10
I did a search and did not find any threads with Abstinence in it so this is one for you....!

Is abstinence good for you?



So in my opinion I say Abstinence is not not good for your health.
8557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Singapore
Offline
Posted 1/12/10
In my opinion,I think that everything has its pros and cons,sex and abstinence are of no exceptions.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/10
I think abstinence is a good thing. No STDs, no teen pregnancies, and less emotional pain.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 1/12/10
Gee golly someone has their mind on sex this week lol but anywho........

yes I agree it's a good thing. Abstinence means forbearance from any indulgence of appetite & to me that shows character & self-control if a individual is willing to wait to have sex until the time is right. [might edit later] :3

17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/12/10 , edited 1/12/10

digs wrote:

I think abstinence is a good thing. No STDs, no teen pregnancies, and less emotional pain.


Things you really do not need to worry about if you take steps towards safe sex and monthly checkups. (aka.. knowing your partner)

Emotional pain??? Sex stimulated your mind, it Aids you to relieve the stress and aids in the creation of braincells.

What emotional pain are you speaking of? I am not talking about rape Digs.
Scientist Moderator
digs 
38031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


digs wrote:

I think abstinence is a good thing. No STDs, no teen pregnancies, and less emotional pain.


Things you really do not need to worry about if you take steps towards safe sex and monthly checkups. (aka.. knowing your partner)

Emotional pain??? Sex stimulated your mind, it Aids you to relieve the stress and aids in the creation of braincells.

What emotional pain are you speaking of? I am not talking about rape Digs.


But we could eliminate the need for checkups all together. The only true safe sex is abstinence. STDs can still be passed on and pregnancy will always be a factor.

Sex is an emotional thing as well, not just a physical thing. Why do you think girls are emotionally abused and why some starve themselves or have distorted body images? It's all about sexual attraction and wanting to be more attractive then others, some guys have the same issue. Break ups within a sexual relationship can cause emotional damage to anyone. I personally know several girls who "fell in love" and had sex only to have their hearts broken when their boyfriends didn't want them anymore.
Posted 1/12/10

mystic17 wrote:

Gee golly someone has their mind on sex this week lol but anywho........

yes I agree it's a good thing. Abstinence means forbearance from any indulgence of appetite & to me that shows character & self-control if a individual is willing to wait to have sex until the time is right. [might edit later] :3


I think is more important to achieve a good balance between having too much sex and none at all. Especially when you want dignity and freedom in a committed relationship.


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


digs wrote:

I think abstinence is a good thing. No STDs, no teen pregnancies, and less emotional pain.


Things you really do not need to worry about if you take steps towards safe sex and monthly checkups. (aka.. knowing your partner)

Emotional pain??? Sex stimulated your mind, it Aids you to relieve the stress and aids in the creation of braincells.

What emotional pain are you speaking of? I am not talking about rape Digs.

He meant emotional support from a steady and committed relationship, not just the good feelings from having sex. When feelings are one-sided, whereas emotional bonds are reciprocated.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 1/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


I think is more important to achieve a good balance between having too much sex and none at all. Especially when you want dignity and freedom in a committed relationship.



I'm kinda confused but on a minor level, but are you saying that you can engage in intercourse without being wanton
& having multiple partners? & I don't like that thread. I don't match that so called evaluation & neither do the girls I've encountered
:3
Posted 1/12/10

mystic17 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


I think is more important to achieve a good balance between having too much sex and none at all. Especially when you want dignity and freedom in a committed relationship.



I'm kinda confused but on a minor level, but are you saying that you can engage in intercourse without being wanton
& having multiple partners? & I don't like that thread. I don't match that so called evaluation & neither do the girls I've encountered
:3

Like I said, it is a relationship issue regarding balance. Therefore it's important for both partners in a romantic relationship to understand and respect both their needs of dignity and freedom.

I'll invoke my own relationship with my GF as an example; before we were committed to each other, she asked me to respect her dignity to must know that I'm willing to commit, while I OTOH asked her to understand my freedom to let her do what she wants to do. It's that simple.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 1/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


I'll invoke my own relationship with my GF as an example; before we were committed to each other, she asked me to respect her dignity to must know that I'm willing to commit, while I OTOH asked her to understand my freedom to let her do what she wants to do. It's that simple.


Oh okay. lol feel silly for not realizing that right away
Posted 1/12/10 , edited 1/12/10

mystic17 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


I'll invoke my own relationship with my GF as an example; before we were committed to each other, she asked me to respect her dignity to must know that I'm willing to commit, while I OTOH asked her to understand my freedom to let her do what she wants to do. It's that simple.


Oh okay. lol feel silly for not realizing that right away

That's right. In a sense my GF and I can have sex as many times as she likes, when I OTOH just like the fact that only I can make her horny. ~Point to my CR status~

And I like it when girls see things my way by them making sense.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 1/12/10

DomFortress wrote:

That's right. In a sense my GF and I can have sex as many times as she likes, when I OTOH just like the fact that only I can make her horny. ~Point to my CR status~


that was more than I needed to know about your sex life
Posted 1/12/10 , edited 1/12/10

mystic17 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

That's right. In a sense my GF and I can have sex as many times as she likes, when I OTOH just like the fact that only I can make her horny. ~Point to my CR status~


that was more than I needed to know about your sex life

It's still within the topic of discussion, which is about improving one's life with sex.

However, I must now improve my own life once again not with sex, but with my active lifestyle fitness training.
137658 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 1/12/10

DomFortress wrote:


It's still within the topic of discussion, which is about improving one's life with sex.

However, I must now improve my own life once again not with sex, but with my active lifestyle fitness training.


sounds wonderful I think many of us should do the same lol (hopefully you're talking about what I think you are)
17892 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/12/10

digs wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


digs wrote:

I think abstinence is a good thing. No STDs, no teen pregnancies, and less emotional pain.


Things you really do not need to worry about if you take steps towards safe sex and monthly checkups. (aka.. knowing your partner)

Emotional pain??? Sex stimulated your mind, it Aids you to relieve the stress and aids in the creation of braincells.

What emotional pain are you speaking of? I am not talking about rape Digs.


But we could eliminate the need for checkups all together. The only true safe sex is abstinence. STDs can still be passed on and pregnancy will always be a factor.

Sex is an emotional thing as well, not just a physical thing. Why do you think girls are emotionally abused and why some starve themselves or have distorted body images? It's all about sexual attraction and wanting to be more attractive then others, some guys have the same issue. Break ups within a sexual relationship can cause emotional damage to anyone. I personally know several girls who "fell in love" and had sex only to have their hearts broken when their boyfriends didn't want them anymore.


'That would happen matter if you have sex or not. Once you form a attachment to someone there is always the risk of losing this person sex or no sex.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.