First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Utada Hikaru Contest Update
2111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / F / Earth - I think
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

michana wrote:

Hey guys,

We all LOVE Utada Hikaru and would all love to see her in concert. Unfortunately, there seems to have been some discrepancies on who people believe to be the winners of this contest ever since they were announced. As a result of everything that has transpired (contest gaming, user complaints, forum arguments, etc), we will no longer conduct contests in this nature. While our goal for contests has been always to secure prizes to excite our users and give back to them, this contest caused user backlash which we would prefer not to see in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope everyone continues to enjoy Utada's music.

*The disputed winners have been contacted privately.


Isn't it normal for users to backlash complain etc? Every single thread has complaining arguing etc in it in your forums. How is this any different? What do you expect users to do? Simply bow down to the majesty of CR and just not respond to threads - if so, then perhaps you should have disabled the response function when you posted the thread. What do you mean by 'user backlash' that you don't want to see in the future? Also to say things such as 'excite our users' or 'give back to them' are somewhat condescending terms to use. Perhaps you are and the CR team are forgetting that it is NOT the site itself that is generating revenue for you, rather the USERS that are supporting your advertisers, memberships and content which keeps this site running. So if this is the manner in which you are running this website, where programs offering minimal and very rare incentives to users are closed down because some minor forum arguments, then good luck in maintaining this site or go brush-up on your marketing strategies. In addition, sponsorships can be revoked. By the way, these rare incentives that used to be offered to users in the way of contests, etc make up what percent of the revenue that get from users? Perhaps 1% or even less? Thats certainly 'a lot' of 'giving back' that you are doing.
59249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/10
jeeze... you think the world was ending or something.

next time y'all feel butt-hurt over a silly contest, why not take a gander at the news about what's going on in Haiti...
58427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/10
welp, i got to see what the fuss was all about, *yawn* so i missed out on a contest? oh really? *yawn* okay, thats kewl, congratz to the winners, back to pulling my 5 happy 12 hour shifts at work at the hospital and babysit my little nephew. ha ha ha. zzzzZZZZzzz. BK, you're my hero! ^_^
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

salcicce wrote:

jeeze... you think the world was ending or something.

next time y'all feel butt-hurt over a silly contest, why not take a gander at the news about what's going on in Haiti...


Really? Was that even necessary bringing such a tragedy into this discussion? Why are we even here watching anime and drama? Shouldn't we be doing more to help others? Maybe CR should hold a drive for Earthquake relief...if they did that, I think we would all drop this thread. Again, I'd like to reiterate to read the whole thread - that this is not all about the contest but more about the gross mishandling of it.
2111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / F / Earth - I think
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

eimiiho wrote:

Is the CR community really this cruel? I'm not sure why I've been targeted for these transgressions and why michana decided to blow this out on the front page. Myself and the other member who have concrete evidence with backing from the other participants show us as the winners. There is no discrepancy about this. The problem is the method CR used to choose the winners did not include all the participants in which two were actual winners.

Does anyone know how hardcore it got during the first part of the contest? After a tweet, it was literally 1-3 seconds to retweet before someone got it. I lost the first 3 so I was determined to win the 4th one. There was a huge break during the 24hr period of this contest when it resumed the next day at which the 4th part of the contest resumed. I stayed up all night monitoring it and clicking refresh. I never thought I would be going so far into this contest but after spending half of the day trying to win and failing, I went ahead and gone full-fledged.

I have two jobs, bills to pay and go to school full-time. My birthday is on the 18th and the concert is on the 19th. I thought this would be a great present for myself especially since I'm a huge fan of Utada's. After finding out that I placed the first retweet on the 4th part of the contest, I celebrated (prematurely) and called my bestfriend that all the effort I put in wasn't in vain. I took a nap and woke up to see that I basically got screwed along with another person. We both followed all the rules and guidelines, there was no attempted foul-play.

People questioned my ethics earlier and now I have uncalled for flames. The saddest thing is there is concrete evidence that can be retraced by anyone... two people who won didn't get any prize or compensation, no even an apology. We have merely asked questions and answered questions from anyone on the forum while waiting for any official response. I did not complain but wanted to seek a resolution and to not blow this out of proportion. I offered a possible fix for this problem and messaged the admins involved about it. The best they could do is offer to put our names on the waitlist with no guarantees. I'm not even sure if I can bring a friend.

But what hurts the most is how it seems CR is placing the blame on the participants who won... Is that even ethical? I'm a huge fan and supporter of CR. I spend lots of time watching anime here just like everyone else. I just ask for justice and have tried to be as professional and mature about this whole situation as possible. How would you feel if this happened to you? That you wasted 2 days of emotional distress, anxiety , anguish and still no apology. Could you imagine if a hardcore Utada fan freak were in my shoes and this happened to them? Things could be much worst than they are now.

I do appreciate those who have read the previous threads about what has gone on and posted on my behalf. Thank you, it means a lot. However, I am still deeply deeply saddened.


CR owes you an apology as well as the other users for making such a blatantly rude and condescending post. If not, then users should STOP supporting this site in way of memberships, purchasing content etc, and secondly, even take the time to contact the sponsors and partners of this site to discuss the fact that the admins have demonstrated a lack of ethical conduct and professionalism in dealing with this matter.
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/13/10 , edited 1/13/10

happynappyhippo wrote:


michana wrote:

Hey guys,

We all LOVE Utada Hikaru and would all love to see her in concert. Unfortunately, there seems to have been some discrepancies on who people believe to be the winners of this contest ever since they were announced. As a result of everything that has transpired (contest gaming, user complaints, forum arguments, etc), we will no longer conduct contests in this nature. While our goal for contests has been always to secure prizes to excite our users and give back to them, this contest caused user backlash which we would prefer not to see in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope everyone continues to enjoy Utada's music.

*The disputed winners have been contacted privately.


Isn't it normal for users to backlash complain etc? Every single thread has complaining arguing etc in it in your forums. How is this any different? What do you expect users to do? Simply bow down to the majesty of CR and just not respond to threads - if so, then perhaps you should have disabled the response function when you posted the thread. What do you mean by 'user backlash' that you don't want to see in the future? Also to say things such as 'excite our users' or 'give back to them' are somewhat condescending terms to use. Perhaps you are and the CR team are forgetting that it is NOT the site itself that is generating revenue for you, rather the USERS that are supporting your advertisers, memberships and content which keeps this site running. So if this is the manner in which you are running this website, where programs offering minimal and very rare incentives to users are closed down because some minor forum arguments, then good luck in maintaining this site or go brush-up on your marketing strategies. In addition, sponsorships can be revoked. By the way, these rare incentives that used to be offered to users in the way of contests, etc make up what percent of the revenue that get from users? Perhaps 1% or even less? Thats certainly 'a lot' of 'giving back' that you are doing.


Very well thought out response - I couldn't have said it better myself. I offered an alternative to fixing the problem by obtaining tickets from Craigslist which were readily available at a higher rate. Doing so would have squelched this whole discussion but instead I was completely ignored.

59249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

eimiiho wrote:


salcicce wrote:

jeeze... you think the world was ending or something.

next time y'all feel butt-hurt over a silly contest, why not take a gander at the news about what's going on in Haiti...


Really? Was that even necessary bringing such a tragedy into this discussion? Why are we even here watching anime and drama? Shouldn't we be doing more to help others? Maybe CR should hold a drive for Earthquake relief...if they did that, I think we would all drop this thread. Again, I'd like to reiterate to read the whole thread - that this is not all about the contest but more about the gross mishandling of it.


I read the thread. I stand by my judgement. People have overreacted. Why not relax and forget about it?
58427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

eimiiho wrote:


salcicce wrote:

jeeze... you think the world was ending or something.

next time y'all feel butt-hurt over a silly contest, why not take a gander at the news about what's going on in Haiti...


Really? Was that even necessary bringing such a tragedy into this discussion? Why are we even here watching anime and drama? Shouldn't we be doing more to help others? Maybe CR should hold a drive for Earthquake relief...if they did that, I think we would all drop this thread. Again, I'd like to reiterate to read the whole thread - that this is not all about the contest but more about the gross mishandling of it.


eh, im sure they'll do better next time around. "One's greatest success comes after one's greatest disappointments" read it on a fortune cookie this morning ^_^
33671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / in imagination land
Offline
Posted 1/13/10
why would anyone fight over something like that? don't you think that's kinda immature?
2111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / F / Earth - I think
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

eimiiho wrote:


happynappyhippo wrote:


michana wrote:

Hey guys,

We all LOVE Utada Hikaru and would all love to see her in concert. Unfortunately, there seems to have been some discrepancies on who people believe to be the winners of this contest ever since they were announced. As a result of everything that has transpired (contest gaming, user complaints, forum arguments, etc), we will no longer conduct contests in this nature. While our goal for contests has been always to secure prizes to excite our users and give back to them, this contest caused user backlash which we would prefer not to see in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope everyone continues to enjoy Utada's music.

*The disputed winners have been contacted privately.


Isn't it normal for users to backlash complain etc? Every single thread has complaining arguing etc in it in your forums. How is this any different? What do you expect users to do? Simply bow down to the majesty of CR and just not respond to threads - if so, then perhaps you should have disabled the response function when you posted the thread. What do you mean by 'user backlash' that you don't want to see in the future? Also to say things such as 'excite our users' or 'give back to them' are somewhat condescending terms to use. Perhaps you are and the CR team are forgetting that it is NOT the site itself that is generating revenue for you, rather the USERS that are supporting your advertisers, memberships and content which keeps this site running. So if this is the manner in which you are running this website, where programs offering minimal and very rare incentives to users are closed down because some minor forum arguments, then good luck in maintaining this site or go brush-up on your marketing strategies. In addition, sponsorships can be revoked. By the way, these rare incentives that used to be offered to users in the way of contests, etc make up what percent of the revenue that get from users? Perhaps 1% or even less? Thats certainly 'a lot' of 'giving back' that you are doing.


Very well thought out response - I couldn't have said it better myself. I offered an alternative to fixing the problem by obtaining tickets from Craigslist which were readily available at a higher rate. Doing so would have squelched this whole discussion but instead I was completely ignored.



No you have worked hard to earn your money and should not have to offer alternative to the mighty CR admins to squelch arguments for them. They should be smart, tactful and professional enough to know how to deal with situations - which obviously they aren't. I guess everything has a downfall and this is theirs.
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

salcicce wrote:


eimiiho wrote:


salcicce wrote:

jeeze... you think the world was ending or something.

next time y'all feel butt-hurt over a silly contest, why not take a gander at the news about what's going on in Haiti...


Really? Was that even necessary bringing such a tragedy into this discussion? Why are we even here watching anime and drama? Shouldn't we be doing more to help others? Maybe CR should hold a drive for Earthquake relief...if they did that, I think we would all drop this thread. Again, I'd like to reiterate to read the whole thread - that this is not all about the contest but more about the gross mishandling of it.


I read the thread. I stand by my judgement. People have overreacted. Why not relax and forget about it?


Really now? I didn't even get an apology from CR and the PM from michana was extremely crude as there was no sympathy on CR's behalf. If you read the previous threads, there was no so-called "cat fight". It was merely participants providing each other proof and discussing over the methods used in the contest.

It's not about the prize anymore (for me at least). I really can't believe CR made a thread on the front page about this. Are people overreacting? Absolutely not. We all love CR for what it provides us but it is a business and this business hurt some people and then tried to pin it on them. It could have been much worse.
59249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/10
https://donate.pih.org/page/contribute/haiti_earthquake?source=earthquake&subsource=homepage

Charity set up some time ago by Regine from Arcade Fire, a Haitian immigrant.
58427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/10
eh, people fight all the time, in the end when everyone throws thier punches. We'll all look back at this and ponder. "I fought over that?" just as long as you're not in a psyche ward or correction facility to realize there are better things in life to enjoy. Ahh the fresh air...ahh the hibachi grille all you can eat sushi buffet...yea...*sigh* ^_^ Nothing like carbs in the morning, Eat rice, and everything will feel nice. Yea, being out of the Army changed me lolz. I kid I kid.
59249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

eimiiho wrote:


salcicce wrote:


eimiiho wrote:


salcicce wrote:

jeeze... you think the world was ending or something.

next time y'all feel butt-hurt over a silly contest, why not take a gander at the news about what's going on in Haiti...


Really? Was that even necessary bringing such a tragedy into this discussion? Why are we even here watching anime and drama? Shouldn't we be doing more to help others? Maybe CR should hold a drive for Earthquake relief...if they did that, I think we would all drop this thread. Again, I'd like to reiterate to read the whole thread - that this is not all about the contest but more about the gross mishandling of it.


I read the thread. I stand by my judgement. People have overreacted. Why not relax and forget about it?


Really now? I didn't even get an apology from CR and the PM from michana was extremely crude as there was no sympathy on CR's behalf. If you read the previous threads, there was no so-called "cat fight". It was merely participants providing each other proof and discussing over the methods used in the contest.

It's not about the prize anymore (for me at least). I really can't believe CR made a thread on the front page about this. Are people overreacting? Absolutely not. We all love CR for what it provides us but it is a business and this business hurt some people and then tried to pin it on them. It could have been much worse.


Eh... sorry for even butting in. I guess its your call. I'm just a paying supporter of the site (have been for a while), and I appreciate what they've done here... and wish this kind of consternation wouldn't happen. More power to ya....
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

Maphistas wrote:

eh, people fight all the time, in the end when everyone throws thier punches. We'll all look back at this and ponder. "I fought over that?" just as long as you're not in a psyche ward or correction facility to realize there are better things in life to enjoy. Ahh the fresh air...ahh the hibachi grille all you can eat sushi buffet...yea...*sigh* ^_^ Nothing like carbs in the morning, Eat rice, and everything will feel nice. Yea, being out of the Army changed me lolz. I kid I kid.


lol, my life will continue. I'll head back to work, got school and come back and watch some anime from CR. Could you imagine if I were an Utada Hikaru fanatic? It would have been much more devastating. The worth of these tickets vary from person to person. We shouldn't forget that. However, your words are quite delightful hehe
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.