First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Utada Hikaru Contest Update
61251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

happynappyhippo wrote:

Oh and CR keeps writing about how this site is the 'official' source and that it 'respects' copyright and license owners etc. But what of fan subbing groups, What do they receive from all this? Free labor anyone?


umm... fansub groups swipe the translations from here... not the other way around. I anything cr should go after some of them and enforce their web rights... (cough cough horriblesubs cough)

347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

salcicce wrote:

Eh... sorry for even butting in. I guess its your call. I'm just a paying supporter of the site (have been for a while), and I appreciate what they've done here... and wish this kind of consternation wouldn't happen. More power to ya....


Keep on supporting CR, they provide all of us with great entertainment while supporting the anime, manga and drama industries. I really didn't want this thing to blow out of proportion. But like I said previously, we weren't getting any answers in the previous threads and they simply decided to drop this bomb. It was really uncalled for.
16277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / With Jesus
Offline
Posted 1/13/10
Oh well, a few people will ruin it for everybody.
58429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/10

eimiiho wrote:


Maphistas wrote:

eh, people fight all the time, in the end when everyone throws thier punches. We'll all look back at this and ponder. "I fought over that?" just as long as you're not in a psyche ward or correction facility to realize there are better things in life to enjoy. Ahh the fresh air...ahh the hibachi grille all you can eat sushi buffet...yea...*sigh* ^_^ Nothing like carbs in the morning, Eat rice, and everything will feel nice. Yea, being out of the Army changed me lolz. I kid I kid.


lol, my life will continue. I'll head back to work, got school and come back and watch some anime from CR. Could you imagine if I were an Utada Hikaru fanatic? It would have been much more devastating. The worth of these tickets vary from person to person. We shouldn't forget that. However, your words are quite delightful hehe


Glad to hear! Hope all goes well with you in the future! ^_^
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/14/10

megaspork wrote:

Oh well, a few people will ruin it for everybody.


Please read the whole thread and possibly the ones before this to make an informed comment. No one here ruined anything for anyone. CR decided to scapegoat this whole thing on a few users that did nothing wrong. In fact, we were very civilized about the thread prior to this.
37907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Illinois
Offline
Posted 1/14/10
It's very sad that we might not be able to have these types of contest again.. I feel for the winners and the declared winners. I have read over the other posts and I don't think the user who posted "Yay" in her post should be attacked in any way for announcing her excitement that she can still attend the concert. I also think the way CR handled the actual winner's was wrong.. but CR looks like a regular anime website but in reality it's a big business and the more you get out in real life and deal with big business you realize they don't give one ounce of concern for the little people.. I've had issues with many different companies one being my cell phone carrier who said because I was late getting my rebate there even thought I sent it out but it was post marked a day late they wouldn't give me my rebate.. and what did I get for complaining.. nothing. Sadly that's life

I really hope something good comes out of this and I hope CR gives all who won something good, but we'll see
55274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/14/10 , edited 1/14/10

salcicce wrote:


happynappyhippo wrote:

Oh and CR keeps writing about how this site is the 'official' source and that it 'respects' copyright and license owners etc. But what of fan subbing groups, What do they receive from all this? Free labor anyone?


umm... fansub groups swipe the translations from here... not the other way around. I anything cr should go after some of them and enforce their web rights... (cough cough horriblesubs cough)



No only the ripping groups do, fansubs are a completely different story, also CR was born on the fansubber base. tl;dr obv trolling and trying to start something.
49158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 1/14/10
Doesn't really matter it's only a contest in the end. I feel sorry for ya but why bother dragging it out over and over into another thread. Just let it rest. Nothing you say here on the internet is gonna change there mind now and would a apology really make any difference?

347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/14/10

sigyn83 wrote:

It's very sad that we might not be able to have these types of contest again.. I feel for the winners and the declared winners. I have read over the other posts and I don't think the user who posted "Yay" in her post should be attacked in any way for announcing her excitement that she can still attend the concert. I also think the way CR handled the actual winner's was wrong.. but CR looks like a regular anime website but in reality it's a big business and the more you get out in real life and deal with big business you realize they don't give one ounce of concern for the little people.. I've had issues with many different companies one being my cell phone carrier who said because I was late getting my rebate there even thought I sent it out but it was post marked a day late they wouldn't give me my rebate.. and what did I get for complaining.. nothing. Sadly that's life

I really hope something good comes out of this and I hope CR gives all who won something good, but we'll see


I feel the same way sigyn. The other person that said "yay" who was attacked should not have been. We have pmed each other and worked things through. At the very least, I got an apology from that person and not from CR. In fact, I am happy that person will be able to enjoy the contest.
61251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/10

nexusmaylo wrote:


salcicce wrote:


happynappyhippo wrote:

Oh and CR keeps writing about how this site is the 'official' source and that it 'respects' copyright and license owners etc. But what of fan subbing groups, What do they receive from all this? Free labor anyone?


umm... fansub groups swipe the translations from here... not the other way around. I anything cr should go after some of them and enforce their web rights... (cough cough horriblesubs cough)



No only the ripping groups do, fansubs are a completely different story, also CR was born on the fansubber base. tl;dr obv trolling and trying to start something.


my mistake... but both practices are still technically no-no... and good for cr folks channeling it into something legit. I did... but then back then we used LD's and chromakeys...
37907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Illinois
Offline
Posted 1/14/10

eimiiho wrote:


sigyn83 wrote:

It's very sad that we might not be able to have these types of contest again.. I feel for the winners and the declared winners. I have read over the other posts and I don't think the user who posted "Yay" in her post should be attacked in any way for announcing her excitement that she can still attend the concert. I also think the way CR handled the actual winner's was wrong.. but CR looks like a regular anime website but in reality it's a big business and the more you get out in real life and deal with big business you realize they don't give one ounce of concern for the little people.. I've had issues with many different companies one being my cell phone carrier who said because I was late getting my rebate there even thought I sent it out but it was post marked a day late they wouldn't give me my rebate.. and what did I get for complaining.. nothing. Sadly that's life

I really hope something good comes out of this and I hope CR gives all who won something good, but we'll see


I feel the same way sigyn. The other person that said "yay" who was attacked should not have been. We have pmed each other and worked things through. At the very least, I got an apology from that person and not from CR. In fact, I am happy that person will be able to enjoy the contest.


That's awesome but sad that CR won't admit fault even if it was a misunderstanding or something to do with Twitter, I personality don't use Twitter but if CR chose to work with them then they should take responsibility and just apologize for the mishap.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / cali
Offline
Posted 1/14/10
We were very civilized ( except for me sometimes I let my emotions get outta hand) every ones Twitter said diffrent things and we all had our opinions. CR is a great site . But for this contest the whole Twitter thing was a bad thing. Twitter is bugy shit goes stupid and that's what happened yesterday which is why winners weren't clearly define since Twitter doesn't have specific times. If it did this would have been easier for them to define. Am sure they realized they f'ed up which is why they posted this thread . BUT they did try to blame users and even say that who won didn't deserve it. I know we all worked hard to try to win and I really hope eimihoo gets an apology she was put through alot. I was put through alot. There was no cat fight ( if so there should have been mud involved and bikinis....cause that's a good cat fight). I am really sorry eimiihoo for how's things went I hope they make it up to u.
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/14/10

landlock wrote:

Doesn't really matter it's only a contest in the end. I feel sorry for ya but why bother dragging it out over and over into another thread. Just let it rest. Nothing you say here on the internet is gonna change there mind now and would a apology really make any difference?



Would it? That's a good question. Right now I am trying to inform people of what's going on. Why was this thread even created? I could have just given up and let people make their own assumptions and let CR get away with it. Honestly, they could have resolved this privately but instead I have only received two responses and many of my PMs ignored.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / cali
Offline
Posted 1/14/10
Excuse bad typing am on my itouch.....
347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Orange County
Offline
Posted 1/14/10 , edited 1/14/10

wonderlandvirus wrote:

We were very civilized ( except for me sometimes I let my emotions get outta hand) every ones Twitter said diffrent things and we all had our opinions. CR is a great site . But for this contest the whole Twitter thing was a bad thing. Twitter is bugy shit goes stupid and that's what happened yesterday which is why winners weren't clearly define since Twitter doesn't have specific times. If it did this would have been easier for them to define. Am sure they realized they f'ed up which is why they posted this thread . BUT they did try to blame users and even say that who won didn't deserve it. I know we all worked hard to try to win and I really hope eimihoo gets an apology she was put through alot. I was put through alot. There was no cat fight ( if so there should have been mud involved and bikinis....cause that's a good cat fight). I am really sorry eimiihoo for how's things went I hope they make it up to u.


Thank you wonderland. I really do hope you enjoy those tickets. You might see me and thegob in the wait-list line, feel free to say hi lol -.-

*nevermind, thegob can't make the drive to LA without guaranteed tickets... I really feel bad for him =\
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.