First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Passion is Life-Changingly Contagious
Posted 1/15/10 , edited 1/15/10
This TEDIndia presentation called "Kiran Bir Sethi teaches kids to take charge", had really reaffirmed my hope in humanity.

I mean take a good look at these children, who'll stop at nothing with their passion about changing the world for the better through free play.

Now take a hard look at ourselves, and ask each of us just what can we learn about these children? Who have taught us with their contagious passion. Are we really doing the right thing to our future generation? When instead of empowering our children with our passions, we're passing onto them our desperation, depression, and despair!

Therefore I want to hear about how we can empower our children with what we're passionate about. And for those who can't seem to visualize their life's passion, I want to talk about the possibilities of them discovering their true passions in life.

For better or worst, we are still undeniably the change we want to see in our world. And to those who are ignorant about this aspect of our humanity; shame on you.
Posted 1/15/10
sure dom every little child can change the world as much as child can grow up and be anything they want to be if they have enough hope and passion BULL SHIT and I am speaking from experience of course I wanted to college i really did but that would have cost me 500,000 dollars to go with loans not to mention how much interest i would have had to pay an 9% that would be tacked on every year so yeah... If you have money all your dreams can come true. It's time to stop lying to kids and tell that most will not be doctors or dentists just go on and expect the fact that you will be a clerk at some retail store or cop which is okay i suppose for those who have a dream in doing that.
Posted 1/15/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

sure dom every little child can change the world as much as child can grow up and be anything they want to be if they have enough hope and passion BULL SHIT and I am speaking from experience of course I wanted to college i really did but that would have cost me 500,000 dollars to go with loans not to mention how much interest i would have had to pay an 9% that would be tacked on every year so yeah... If you have money all your dreams can come true. It's time to stop lying to kids and tell that most will not be doctors or dentists just go on and expect the fact that you will be a clerk at some retail store or cop which is okay i suppose for those who have a dream in doing that.
Now I seem to recall my latter part of this discussion is "for those who can't seem to visualize their life's passion, I want to talk about the possibilities of them discovering their true passions in life".

Therefore would you say that the reason you didn't pursuit your life's passion, was because you couldn't afford to go to college and study it? Well then what's stopping you from turning that passion of your into your hobby or interest? That way you can experiment with your passion on your own.

And unless you're passionate about you whining and complaining, which is really no different than you passing "desperation, depression, and despair". No children in their right mind would play with you. While I can't put you down any lower than you've already did so to yourself.
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 1/15/10

DomFortress wrote:

This TEDIndia presentation called "Kiran Bir Sethi teaches kids to take charge", had really reaffirmed my hope in humanity.

I mean take a good look at these children, who'll stop at nothing with their passion about changing the world for the better through free play.

Now take a hard look at ourselves, and ask each of us just what can we learn about these children? Who have taught us with their contagious passion. Are we really doing the right thing to our future generation? When instead of empowering our children with our passions, we're passing onto them our desperation, depression, and despair!

Therefore I want to hear about how we can empower our children with what we're passionate about. And for those who can't seem to visualize their life's passion, I want to talk about the possibilities of them discovering their true passions in life.

For better or worst, we are still undeniably the change we want to see in our world. And to those who are ignorant about this aspect of our humanity; shame on you.


um...i watched like half of the video and this is what i got from it, a bunch of kids making India a better place.

"what can we learn about these children?"

India needs some work and is esily influenced.

"Are we really doing the right thing to our future generation?"

I dont know, and no one else does either.

" When instead of empowering our children with our passions, we're passing onto them our desperation, depression, and despair!"

The government and parents are to blame...they can't really empower children because children have no power.


Therefore I want to hear about how we can empower our children with what we're passionate about.

teach our children about what where passionate about? like if we like to fight, teach them how to fight...if we like armed robbery, teach them how to rob while being armed...

"For better or worst, we are still undeniably the change we want to see in our world."

What change do we want to see in our world? and who is "we"?

You topic was a little confusioning...very confusing actually. I didnt get any of what you're asking. can you summurize? peace over war
Posted 1/15/10

DomFortress wrote:


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:

sure dom every little child can change the world as much as child can grow up and be anything they want to be if they have enough hope and passion BULL SHIT and I am speaking from experience of course I wanted to college i really did but that would have cost me 500,000 dollars to go with loans not to mention how much interest i would have had to pay an 9% that would be tacked on every year so yeah... If you have money all your dreams can come true. It's time to stop lying to kids and tell that most will not be doctors or dentists just go on and expect the fact that you will be a clerk at some retail store or cop which is okay i suppose for those who have a dream in doing that.
Now I seem to recall my latter part of this discussion is "for those who can't seem to visualize their life's passion, I want to talk about the possibilities of them discovering their true passions in life".

Therefore would you say that the reason you didn't pursuit your life's passion, was because you couldn't afford to go to college and study it? Well then what's stopping you from turning that passion of your into your hobby or interest? That way you can experiment with your passion on your own.

And unless you're passionate about you whining and complaining, which is really no different than you passing "desperation, depression, and despair". No children in their right mind would play with you. While I can't put you down any lower than you've already did so to yourself.


just let me be blunt i can give a dam less about children because i will never have any nor do i want any as well. I wanted to be a doctor and well i understand it but it's the fact that never in my life I will ever obtain it so it makes me sad i am pessimistic about life and your optimistic that that is the main difference between us and I don't any think any of us are going to change anytime soon
Posted 1/15/10

JJT2 wrote:



You topic was a little confusioning...very confusing actually. I didnt get any of what you're asking. can you summurize? peace over war
Well you can start by you talking about something realistic. I mean should I honestly think that you're actually passionate about armed robbery? That you're passionate about fighting in general, and not because you find the competition challenging and thereby worthy of your effort?

And when I can see children influence adults with their passion, I say there's something that our children can have power over us adults with.

Therefore before you start downplaying others' ideas that worked, you should think about what really means for someone to be a skeptic.


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



just let me be blunt i can give a dam less about children because i will never have any nor do i want any as well. I wanted to be a doctor and well i understand it but it's the fact that never in my life I will ever obtain it so it makes me sad i am pessimistic about life and your optimistic that that is the main difference between us and I don't any think any of us are going to change anytime soon

Then can you turn that into your passion in life? Something like "your purpose in life is to prevent people from having children, because you're passionate about a world without children" if you will. You can use your knowledge and interest in medical technology, to empower those around you about the harmful health risks at them having children. Or did all of that just starting to sound too crazy for ya?

I mean you want to save women and children with your life, and yet you don't want anything to do with them because only women can give birth of children. So here I am, suggesting you with a crazy idea about how your passion in life can change the world. But you took it up to a whole new level of crazy-town with that pessimistic attitude of yours.

Therefore do you real want help when you don't need it? Or are you in need of help with something that you didn't want?
Posted 1/15/10
Just another group of kids wanting to change the world, like I haven't seen that before.
Posted 1/15/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

Just another group of kids wanting to change the world, like I haven't seen that before.
But how? How did the children managed to succeed in where the adults had failed? That is what you didn't see, because you lack passion in whatever that you do with your life.
Posted 1/15/10 , edited 1/15/10

DomFortress wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Just another group of kids wanting to change the world, like I haven't seen that before.
But how? How did the children managed to succeed in where the adults had failed? That is what you didn't see, because you lack passion in whatever that you do with your life.



Lack passion, huh?
Sir, do you know what emptiness feels like? To no longer have the will to live? For a long time, I've had to push myself constantly just to keep going forward, for that is my will. I refuse to give up and I constantly fight obstacles to reach my goals everyday. You have no idea of my current situation and hell if I'm going to sit back and let you or anyone else say otherwise. Lack of passion? I'm full of passion! I'm the definition of fucking passion! Everyday I just emit it!

I'm sorry, I just needed to get that out..been a long week. That GED pre-test just took a lot out of me.

So now we go on to where the children managed to succeed in where the adults had failed?
Well, I guess it's because someone actually took the time to teach children to reach their goals in life while they're young and I guess a lot of these adults haven't been taught that.
Posted 1/15/10


I don't care if anyone else has children or how they raise them that's not my businesses i just don't want any nor do i want to throw my useless DNA into the genetic pool, I have to many mental health problems and I do not want my children to go through what i have gone through in my life nor do I want them to suffer how I have in life like I have. If that's crazy then yeah sorry I should have said have said that sooner.
Posted 1/15/10 , edited 1/15/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:

Just another group of kids wanting to change the world, like I haven't seen that before.
But how? How did the children managed to succeed in where the adults had failed? That is what you didn't see, because you lack passion in whatever that you do with your life.



Lack passion, huh?
Sir, do you know what emptiness feels like? To no longer have the will to live? For a long time, I've had to push myself constantly just to keep going forward, for that is my will. I refuse to give up and I constantly fight obstacles to reach my goals everyday. You have no idea of my current situation and hell if I'm going to sit back and let you or anyone else say otherwise. Lack of passion? I'm full of passion! I'm the definition of fucking passion! Everyday I just emit it!

I'm sorry, I just needed to get that out..been a long week. That GED pre-test just took a lot out of me.

So now we go on to where the children managed to succeed in where the adults had failed?
Well, I guess it's because someone actually took the time to teach children to reach their goals in life while they're young and I guess a lot of these adults haven't been taught that.


I took the route of community schooling. I passed and got my GED and even received enough credits for my high school diploma.

You will pass. My score was 650/800 on the first try.

Positive reinforcement.
Posted 1/15/10


I don't care much for my own genes either. You and I are the same in that respect. We both know that our seed doesn't need to be spread. If anything, it would be nice to genetically engineer our own children to be superior. Artificial evolution!
Posted 1/15/10


It's nice to see a group of young people doing something. A group is always better than just one brilliant person with an idea. The best contagion is a good influence. Disease never helped anything, and disease comes in numerous forms. Mental disease is truly the worst.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 1/15/10
This kind of reminds me of "We Day," here in Canada. That was more inspiring to me than this, but this is still nice to see.
Posted 1/16/10

LosingOrbit wrote:




Lack passion, huh?
Sir, do you know what emptiness feels like? To no longer have the will to live? For a long time, I've had to push myself constantly just to keep going forward, for that is my will. I refuse to give up and I constantly fight obstacles to reach my goals everyday. You have no idea of my current situation and hell if I'm going to sit back and let you or anyone else say otherwise. Lack of passion? I'm full of passion! I'm the definition of fucking passion! Everyday I just emit it!

I'm sorry, I just needed to get that out..been a long week. That GED pre-test just took a lot out of me.

So now we go on to where the children managed to succeed in where the adults had failed?
Well, I guess it's because someone actually took the time to teach children to reach their goals in life while they're young and I guess a lot of these adults haven't been taught that.
Perhaps I was too quick on sharing my intuition. However my initial intuition about your momentary lack of passion is still correct. So fair enough.

And your point about the GED pre-test drained you of your passion is very interesting. For it's a possibility that the teachers' unjustified expectation about the GED could somehow be the cause of your wanton fear at failing the GED.

Just like Sir Ken Robinson had mentioned how we're educating people out of their creative capacity in school, by stigmatizing them when they're wrong. And how Tim Ferriss had demonstrated how by smashing our fear, we can learn anything just by us doing them right in principles. The problem with our education is the fact that it's not a learning strategy that's specifically designed for just about any individual, when it's a pubic system that's benefiting no one in particular. And what's worst, they're slacking off by them only focusing their teaching resources on some out of the 8 multiple types of intelligence, while those who just happened to be good at somethings else obviously fell through the cracks of this bias system because of it.


CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:



I don't care if anyone else has children or how they raise them that's not my businesses i just don't want any nor do i want to throw my useless DNA into the genetic pool, I have to many mental health problems and I do not want my children to go through what i have gone through in my life nor do I want them to suffer how I have in life like I have. If that's crazy then yeah sorry I should have said have said that sooner.
Look, I know you had it bad with your own childhood. And you don't want others ended up suffering the same like you did because of it. But those who are still optimistic regardless of their own bad experiences, due to their childhood sufferings and the hands of others, are advocating a better life for all children. Simply by them raising public awareness on how seriously damaging that child abuse can really be, and what form of behaviors are to considered as child abuse.

Therefore regardless of your genes or your DNA, the fact that you're still alive is the prove that you still got some passion left within you. Otherwise I wouldn't have entitled this discussion with the headline "Passion is Life-Changingly Contagious".


Jiggalo wrote:



I don't care much for my own genes either. You and I are the same in that respect. We both know that our seed doesn't need to be spread. If anything, it would be nice to genetically engineer our own children to be superior. Artificial evolution!
Or you can just legally adopt a child.


Jiggalo wrote:



It's nice to see a group of young people doing something. A group is always better than just one brilliant person with an idea. The best contagion is a good influence. Disease never helped anything, and disease comes in numerous forms. Mental disease is truly the worst.
Hey, I'm the one here with this crazy idea of a topic while I try to make it works. So the fact that even I can have a girlfriend who wants to have our babe should at least be a sign that you can do better. While you're still younger than me.


Yei wrote:

This kind of reminds me of "We Day," here in Canada. That was more inspiring to me than this, but this is still nice to see.
The different is that we Canadians didn't empower our own children to focus on our own problems in Canada. Otherwise I would've known about this "We Day" not by watching Canadian television as some sort of entertainment, because I don't watch entertainment programs on my TV.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.