First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Moon Landing
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/09

sindba-d wrote:


azn099 wrote:

the continent antarctica is where the most moon meteorites have been found on earth.


Yes, I know what Antarctica is. That's the place where the ramaining Nazis hide(rofl)!

Do you even understand the reason why thy claim, that rocks found in/on Antactica are from the moon? They even claim to have found rocks from Mars in Antarctica.

Do you understand why?


azn099 wrote:

the apollo missions were at the end of the 60's and beginning of the 70's. unmanned probes could not carry more than a pound or less of moon rocks at a time. even the luna program developed by russia which used unmaned probes only brought back a total of a few pounds of moon rocks. it would be impossible for unmanned probes to bring back over 800 pounds of moon rocks. only a human would be able to do that and over the course of several missions which is what the apollo program did.


I don't really understand how this should ever become an argument to support manned landing.

Matter/rocks from the moon mean weight and same goes for humans. More wieght means more fuel is needed, which also increases the weight.

If you start a mission to get matter from the moon, it's even more stupid to include living passengers. I definitley can't really follow your thought patterns, how this should ever get a plus for the moon landing.


azn099 wrote:

most of the moon rocks are stored in the johnson space center.

i don't know why, and it doesn't matter. that doesn't change that we landed on the moon before.


Nope, they or you didn't. No human ever touched the surface of the moon.

But that also means the race is still open. Everyone living today could be the first person to ever set a foot on an extraterestrical body.


you do know that the majority of meteorites that have been discovered on earth have been found in antarctica? rocks like meteorites are easily visible against the ice and snow terrain of antarctica, and the permafrost allows meteorites to preserved far better than other places on earth.

so your saying it's possible for unmanned probes back in the 70's to bring back hundreds of pounds of moon rocks? first of all they can't even pick up a 5 pound rock and the thought of them carrying that back... no.

a manned landing on the moon had been one of the goals of america ever since JFK said it. yes it was probably pointless and a waste of billions of tax dollars, but remember at the time we were in the cold war. the US was engaged in a space race with the soviet union. the soviet union had already put the first man into space. the rest of the world laughed at how the "most advanced country on earth" couldn't keep up with soviet space technology. then in 1969 we showed up the USSR and landed the first humans on the moon.

the moon's gravity isn't as strong as earth so taking off the moon isn't as hard as taking off the earth. even with the added weight of 100 or so pounds of moon rocks, the moon's gravity made it easier.

we've had the technology to land on the moon for 40 years. we could easily do it now with our fleet of space shuttles. however a manned landing on the moon is very expensive which is why after the apollo program we've never gone back. also there's nothing on the moon except rocks. even if we go back now, it will still be the same.
Posted 7/16/09
I think it's real. People have been arguing about it for a long time, though. I don't understand why they just can't get a rocket, fly up there and found out. Problem solved.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/16/09 , edited 7/16/09

azn099 wrote:

you do know that the majority of meteorites that have been discovered on earth have been found in antarctica? rocks like meteorites are easily visible against the ice and snow terrain of antarctica, and the permafrost allows meteorites to preserved far better than other places on earth.


You know, it is ICE!!!! It's the only place on the whole wide earth where you can be absolutley sure that any rock on the surface doesn't come from earth!!

It's nothing about easily visible or preserving anything! It's a hundred meters to several kilometres to the next solid rock. Any rock that lies on the surface of Antarctica has to come from upstairs(or it was placed there).


azn099 wrote:

so your saying it's possible for unmanned probes back in the 70's to bring back hundreds of pounds of moon rocks? first of all they can't even pick up a 5 pound rock and the thought of them carrying that back... no.


So you are saying some unmanned probes are more unlikley than the NASA sending some cool guys to the moon with a car, to do some cruising on the moon.

EDIT: DO NOT FORGET!!



azn099 wrote:

a manned landing on the moon had been one of the goals of america ever since JFK said it. yes it was probably pointless and a waste of billions of tax dollars, but remember at the time we were in the cold war. the US was engaged in a space race with the soviet union. the soviet union had already put the first man into space. the rest of the world laughed at how the "most advanced country on earth" couldn't keep up with soviet space technology. then in 1969 we showed up the USSR and landed the first humans on the moon.


And I say during planning they had to face reality, saw that it wasn't possible at that time or would have taken more money than the US could effort and made some cool videos instead to show to the public.

Since it worked, the public believed their little moonshow, they repeated the whole thing several times, until it became clear further faked videos and storys would make it just to unbelievable.


azn099 wrote:

the moon's gravity isn't as strong as earth so taking off the moon isn't as hard as taking off the earth. even with the added weight of 100 or so pounds of moon rocks, the moon's gravity made it easier.


And to top that it has no atmosphere. There's no air friction.

Still, they didn't have the technology to do it.


azn099 wrote:

we've had the technology to land on the moon for 40 years. we could easily do it now with our fleet of space shuttles. however a manned landing on the moon is very expensive which is why after the apollo program we've never gone back. also there's nothing on the moon except rocks. even if we go back now, it will still be the same.


Nope! They don't have the technology.

It will take at least the next 10-15 years to make a real moon program or they'll come up with a good deal for the countries who threaten to send people to the moon... rofl
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/09

sindba-d wrote:


azn099 wrote:

you do know that the majority of meteorites that have been discovered on earth have been found in antarctica? rocks like meteorites are easily visible against the ice and snow terrain of antarctica, and the permafrost allows meteorites to preserved far better than other places on earth.


You know, it is ICE!!!! It's the only place on the whole wide earth where you can be absolutley sure that any rock on the surface doesn't come from earth!!

It's nothing about easily visible or preserving anything! It's a hundred meters to several kilometres to the next solid rock. Any rock that lies on the surface of Antarctica has to come from upstairs(or it was placed there).


azn099 wrote:

so your saying it's possible for unmanned probes back in the 70's to bring back hundreds of pounds of moon rocks? first of all they can't even pick up a 5 pound rock and the thought of them carrying that back... no.


So you are saying some unmanned probes are more unlikley than the NASA sending some cool guys to the moon with a car, to do some cruising on the moon.

EDIT: DO NOT FORGET!!



azn099 wrote:

a manned landing on the moon had been one of the goals of america ever since JFK said it. yes it was probably pointless and a waste of billions of tax dollars, but remember at the time we were in the cold war. the US was engaged in a space race with the soviet union. the soviet union had already put the first man into space. the rest of the world laughed at how the "most advanced country on earth" couldn't keep up with soviet space technology. then in 1969 we showed up the USSR and landed the first humans on the moon.


And I say during planning they had to face reality, saw that it wasn't possible at that time or would have taken more money than the US could effort and made some cool videos instead to show to the public.

Since it worked, the public believed their little moonshow, they repeated the whole thing several times, until it became clear further faked videos and storys would make it just to unbelievable.


azn099 wrote:

the moon's gravity isn't as strong as earth so taking off the moon isn't as hard as taking off the earth. even with the added weight of 100 or so pounds of moon rocks, the moon's gravity made it easier.


And to top that it has no atmosphere. There's no air friction.

Still, they didn't have the technology to do it.


azn099 wrote:

we've had the technology to land on the moon for 40 years. we could easily do it now with our fleet of space shuttles. however a manned landing on the moon is very expensive which is why after the apollo program we've never gone back. also there's nothing on the moon except rocks. even if we go back now, it will still be the same.


Nope! They don't have the technology.

It will take at least the next 10-15 years to make a real moon program or they'll come up with a good deal for the countries who threaten to send people to the moon... rofl


that is basically what i said. the stark contrast of a meteorite and the ice on antarctica make it is easy to see.

unmanned probes bringing back 840 pounds of moon rocks is impossible. only a mission with humans could do that at the time.

what proof do you have to say they didn't have the technology? you haven't presented any evidence. there's diagrams for the saturn V rocket and the eagle. hundreds of witnesses saw the saturn V rocket take off from the platform. there is an enormous amount of evidence supporting the moon landing. even mythbusters had an episode where they determined the moon landing was 100% real.
2035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/16/09 , edited 7/16/09

azn099 wrote:

that is basically what i said. the stark contrast of a meteorite and the ice on antarctica make it is easy to see.


You know, once snow falls, you can't see a difference between a rock under new snow and the rest of the ice.

It's all about making sure it is from outer space. Seeing it doesn't have anything to do with it.


azn099 wrote:

unmanned probes bringing back 840 pounds of moon rocks is impossible. only a mission with humans could do that at the time.


That's bullshit.

1. I never said one single probe would have to bring back 840 pounds of solid rock. Fact is I never said or wrote it, although you keep up with that story.

2. Several unmanned probes did bring back matter ---> look at Russia.

You are claiming there are 840(or something) pounds of moon rocks in the possesion of NASA, I doubt it. I have never seen any proof they really had that much and I have never heard of any scientist who proved they had that much and also confirmed that it is really from moon.

You are saying they had the technology to send people(several unnecesay toys LIKE A FUCKING CAAAR) to the moon but they didn't have the technology to send a few fucking probes to the moon to collect some rocks.

Are you serious!?! Take a step back and read again what you are claiming.


azn099 wrote:

what proof do you have to say they didn't have the technology? you haven't presented any evidence. there's diagrams for the saturn V rocket and the eagle. hundreds of witnesses saw the saturn V rocket take off from the platform. there is an enormous amount of evidence supporting the moon landing. even mythbusters had an episode where they determined the moon landing was 100% real.


None!!!! I have no proof!! How could anyone outside the US government get their hands on proof of any of that!?!

THEY!! They have to proof they were on the moon!! Thats no big deal!! Get ALL of those 840(something) pounds of matter to the public, let scientists all around the world research it and let them confirm it's the real deal...

Get the original documentation back here and let professionals see them and let them confirm they are real..

NEXT and most important!!! Get fucking telescopes from earth to search for the ramaining landers!!!!! Nothing only controlled by NASA, make it international! No one except NASA has the duty to prove anything!!

They claim to have been on the moon and miraculously any originals start to get missing and the deathrate among employees, engineers ..., taking part in Apollo program sky rockets.
Posted 7/16/09 , edited 7/16/09
Er hi guys. Don't want to interrapt your discussion but yahoo just posted a lil film about Moon landing.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090716/video/vwl-lost-moon-landing-documentary-re-rel-15af341.html Tho it has no point in it :vicx:

And this one thing related to this thread. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090716/video/vwl-space-hoax-what-started-the-conspira-15af341.html It is also about nothing
10694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/09

sindba-d wrote:


azn099 wrote:

that is basically what i said. the stark contrast of a meteorite and the ice on antarctica make it is easy to see.


You know, once snow falls, you can't see a difference between a rock under new snow and the rest of the ice.

It's all about making sure it is from outer space. Seeing it doesn't have anything to do with it.


azn099 wrote:

unmanned probes bringing back 840 pounds of moon rocks is impossible. only a mission with humans could do that at the time.


That's bullshit.

1. I never said one single probe would have to bring back 840 pounds of solid rock. Fact is I never said or wrote it, although you keep up with that story.

2. Several unmanned probes did bring back matter ---> look at Russia.

You are claiming there are 840(or something) pounds of moon rocks in the possesion of NASA, I doubt it. I have never seen any proof they really had that much and I have never heard of any scientist who proved they had that much and also confirmed that it is really from moon.

You are saying they had the technology to send people(several unnecesay toys LIKE A FUCKING CAAAR) to the moon but they didn't have the technology to send a few fucking probes to the moon to collect some rocks.

Are you serious!?! Take a step back and read again what you are claiming.


azn099 wrote:

what proof do you have to say they didn't have the technology? you haven't presented any evidence. there's diagrams for the saturn V rocket and the eagle. hundreds of witnesses saw the saturn V rocket take off from the platform. there is an enormous amount of evidence supporting the moon landing. even mythbusters had an episode where they determined the moon landing was 100% real.


None!!!! I have no proof!! How could anyone outside the US government get their hands on proof of any of that!?!

THEY!! They have to proof they were on the moon!! Thats no big deal!! Get ALL of those 840(something) pounds of matter to the public, let scientists all around the world research it and let them confirm it's the real deal...

Get the original documentation back here and let professionals see them and let them confirm they are real..

NEXT and most important!!! Get fucking telescopes from earth to search for the ramaining landers!!!!! Nothing only controlled by NASA, make it international! No one except NASA has the duty to prove anything!!

They claim to have been on the moon and miraculously any originals start to get missing and the deathrate among employees, engineers ..., taking part in Apollo program sky rockets.


i never said one single probe either. i said probes. you said "have you ever heard of unmanned probes?" back in one of your past posts. well from there i assumed you meant that probes brought back all those moon rocks. i guess that isn't what you meant. anyways the fact is that nasa would need thousands of probes at that time to bring back that much. russia only brought back a few pounds from the entire luna program which was only around 30 probes. only 15 were considered successful and only 3 or 4 brought back moon rock samples. however all those rocks are now in the hands of private collectors.

nasa said around 840 pounds was the total amount they brought back from the apollo missions. samples are given out every year to researchers, and they are moon rocks. the remaining pile of moon rocks are stored in the lunar vault in the johnson space center. if you really want to see a huge chunk then here: http://martianchronicles.wordpress.com/2009/04/14/where-the-moon-rocks-live/
it's a blog from an intern at nasa. there's pictures. you can see a huge chunk in one. the moon rocks were confirmed to be from the moon as they were very similar to the samples the soviets brought back. here's a nice article for the moon rocks: http://www.voanews.com/english/Science/2009-07-15-voa15.cfm


The six Apollo moon-landing missions collected about 382 kilograms of rock and dust from the moon.


Benjamin Weiss of MIT is one of the scientists who is still studying the moon rocks, 40 years after the Apollo astronauts collected them and brought them back to Earth.


^^some quotes from the article just in case you didn't want to read the entire thing

here's another really nice article where the vault was opened to reporters: http://onorbit.com/node/1155


Between 1969 and 1972, six Apollo spaceflight missions brought back 842 pounds and 22,000 separate samples of lunar rocks, core samples, pebbles, sand and dust from the lunar surface. The majority of the samples are stored at the Apollo Lunar Sample Processing Lab and Storage Vaults at Johnson


^^ quote from the vault article

you can kind of barely see the landing zone with a telescope. however something like looking for machinery left behind or the US flag on the moon is impossible even with the strongest telescope on earth.
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/astronomy/faq/part2/section-22.htm
of course if you can barely see the landing zone then seeing the flag is impossible. this site below explains why.
http://www.rocketroberts.com/astro/flag_on_moon.htm
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / USA
Offline
Posted 7/16/09
the moon's purty 8D
Posted 7/16/09

sindba-d wrote:


mcvf wrote:

why would the government fake it?


It would be really, REALLY, REALLY expensive!!


we have china for that.

:)
Posted 7/16/09 , edited 7/16/09
i believe it was real, otherwise we wouldn't know what the moon looks like
176 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/09
it might be true...wut d'ya think?
16637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 7/16/09
i dont think it really matters if it was fake or real since technology has allowed us to explore space with telescopes and cameras.
288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Space
Offline
Posted 7/16/09
Its real.

Of course there will always be people speculating.

1490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/16/09
i wonder where their 100kg of surface samples went? space worms? suuuure.
Posted 7/29/09
Um, yes. Moon landing is real. -.-
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.