First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Japanese racism towards korean
553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/10

http://www.japanprobe.com/2009/09/24/no-koreans-allowed/

There is a restaurant banning the entry of koreans customers.


The Japanese Racists refer to Korean Tourists as 'cockroaches' IN tsushima(daemado)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYdmGIEphB8&feature=related
Posted 1/20/10
Come on people, it's 2010, this racism shit is getting old.
493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Osaka, Japan
Offline
Posted 1/24/10

LosingOrbit wrote:

Come on people, it's 2010, this racism shit is getting old.


I agree. How many more topics about racism in Japan are going to be posted in the Japan forums? Racism is everywhere why focus on Japan?

191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / USA NC
Offline
Posted 1/28/10
This is really getting old. Not only in asia but around the world also
79 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York, New York
Offline
Posted 1/29/10
Racism in Japan still exists, but I believe that it's with the older generation, than the newer ones. Younger people (teens to those in their 30s), have been exposed more to the western culture, and as such, they are more curious about having friends of different origins (even friends of different Asian origins), I have many Japanese friends, and all of them accept me for who I am (and I accept them).

Racism is old, ancient in fact. That restaurant owner should get with the times!
Posted 1/30/10
shooing tourist away and calling them croach is kinda racist.
393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 2/8/10
Was there a point to this? If it was to try and make Japan look bad or try and act like they are the only nation that has racist people I can pull up plenty of articles on racism in South Korea.
9150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 2/9/10
Oh well, these things happen. Best thing to do is stop whining like an insecure baby.
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 2/9/10
Japanese are racist to other Japanese that live in a different area of Japan. Lol. Its mostly the old people. The new generation is different, some look up to Koreans cause they have "perfect pale skin"
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 2/10/10
Besides the WWII hostilities that the Koreans had against the Japanese, there was also a recent flare up of international relations due to former Japanese prime minister Junichiro Koizumi's visits to Yasukuni shrine during his incumbency. The shrine venerates some Japanese war criminals, to which the Chinese and Koreans (as well as some other Japanese) detested quite strongly. Not to say that they truly ARE racist against one another - it's just that it's hard to wipe away the atrocities of the past. You really can't blame the Japanese from hating the Koreans, and vice versa - but in this day and age, tolerance is the norm.

The example of the restaurant banning Koreans is likewise intolerance to racial stereotypes. I'm actually not that surprised to see an old man behind the whole thing - but to a certain extent, I can't blame him for doing it. Not that I'm condoning his actions, I'm just saying that seeing where he comes from, he can't totally be faulted for it.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 2/15/10

WTFWMD wrote:

Japanese are racist to other Japanese that live in a different area of Japan. Lol. Its mostly the old people. The new generation is different, some look up to Koreans cause they have "perfect pale skin"


ur stupid to think its just old people, actually the majority of old people are very nice to others from different places its just a small portion who still act this way, you can not just say its mostly old people without facts.
153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F
Offline
Posted 2/15/10

Kenshin1986 wrote:


WTFWMD wrote:

Japanese are racist to other Japanese that live in a different area of Japan. Lol. Its mostly the old people. The new generation is different, some look up to Koreans cause they have "perfect pale skin"


ur stupid to think its just old people, actually the majority of old people are very nice to others from different places its just a small portion who still act this way, you can not just say its mostly old people without facts.


Go suck a dick instead of being one, buddy. I only said "most", not "all" I do have facts but you just aren't worth explaining them to. I'm majoring in History so to clarify your opinion on me needing to know the facts, I know plenty and I have more facts to come. I've also experienced racism when living in Japan.
Racism is stupid, racism is not only towards Koreans and people like you need to chill the fuck out when someone stats their own opinion.
Thank you.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 2/15/10

WTFWMD wrote:


Kenshin1986 wrote:


WTFWMD wrote:

Japanese are racist to other Japanese that live in a different area of Japan. Lol. Its mostly the old people. The new generation is different, some look up to Koreans cause they have "perfect pale skin"


ur stupid to think its just old people, actually the majority of old people are very nice to others from different places its just a small portion who still act this way, you can not just say its mostly old people without facts.


Go suck a dick instead of being one, buddy. I only said "most", not "all" I do have facts but you just aren't worth explaining them to. I'm majoring in History so to clarify your opinion on me needing to know the facts, I know plenty and I have more facts to come. I've also experienced racism when living in Japan.
Racism is stupid, racism is not only towards Koreans and people like you need to chill the fuck out when someone stats their own opinion.
Thank you.


why am i not worth explaining them to?

your comment is worthless without some facts.

you experienced racism living in japan such as?

i was just pointing out the "Its mostly the old people" which u stated were the racists and giving u my side of the story.
24 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/10
Racism is a big issue around the world...it's not just in Japan and Korea. Of course it's old news, but there is bad history and memories for many Koreans and Japanese.

I agree, it is mostly old people who still have that bad taste in their mouths, but that doesn't mean the racism doesn't trickle down to younger generations because it still does.

Korean 2nd generations who live in Japan don't outright say they are Korean and many Koreans still have an unconscious dislike for Japanese due to their country pride.

But you can't judge a country by just a few small minded honkeys, otherwise all Americans would all be fat and rich, white, and lazy.

I'm Korean and I know many Japanese who love Korean food, culture, and really want to learn the language and vice versa. You can dislike many things about a country and still love many things too.
9150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116 / M
Offline
Posted 2/22/10
Well, ya know, what can you do, right?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.