First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Do you hate americans? And for what reasons?
62434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/10

speekma wrote:


narutoriki wrote:


1. My facts aren't "wrong" just tell me where i was wrong :D.
2. Im not just talking about the war dummy, im on about the Americans personality too. Thinking they are all this and all that when they aren't just bufoons. case closed.

P.S the Americans Deserved 9/11, too bad it wasn't enough....


If you think any country deserves that kind of thing, then you're just scum, and your only posting to fuel hate.

Also, posting a P.S. immediately after 'case closed' is just stupid.


It's just stupid in what way? i thought i would add something else. Trying to overlook peoples mistakes is pretty darn immature.
Try arguing back with something more worth reasoning with.

and what the Americans started in Iraq dosn't compare to what happened in 9/11, the Americans look at things like they dont give a shit about the fact that they did more damage than several 9/11's could do. so personally they deserve more.

30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
The majority of the PEOPLE in America were against the actions of the GOVERNMENT. But you think the American PEOPLE should die because their government's actions?

I agree that what the government did was atrocious. Invading a developing country despite the American people's protest, not to mention a unanimous UN vote against it. Innocent Iraqi's died by the thousands as a result, true, with casualties far higher then 9/11. But to say that even more Americans should die to make up for it?

You don't seem to understand that this topic is about the people. Since your logic is that American citizens should die to make up for civilian losses in the middle east, you should understand that your own government sent troops to support America. Since this makes Britain a direct accomplice, let's apply your own logic and kill some British people, to you know, make it even. Maybe everyone you love?

I don't actually wish that. I would never, could never wish that on anyone. The fact that you do is what makes you scum.

102489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paradise⌒☆
Offline
Posted 1/26/10 , edited 1/26/10

Shabbernigdo wrote:


xO_Skittles_Ox wrote:

Dude. Us Americans are a bunch of sarcastic bastards. We're too arrogant and rude, that's why.


I hope your only speaking for your self.

And as for rude thats all prespective. What we concider rude may be normal every day habbits to them and what they concider rude may be normal every day habbits for us.



No, I'm speaking for the majority. However, not all. Though, it seems you got all up tight about it.

We're always up in another country's business, trying to run their country the way we want it to be ran. We have racism, people taking advantage of welfare, and poverty because of our government. It's pretty sad when our country will let someone go from drunk driving, all because he's a "celebrity", even after he killed someone due to his previous action. Our country is about "who has what", "sex" and what you can get in the future". Don't believe me, turn on the radio. American's are loud and usually assume they know everything. Take football for an example, "hey we won the first game, we're going to the superbowl". Most American's don't support gay marriages or interracial couples. Now, what gives them the right to say something about it? In most states, you can't get married if you're gay and that's bullshit. All because "other" American's don't believe in it. Religious people wanna throw the Bible at everyone but then turn into hypocrites in the end. We're not rude (?) Though, over half the country hates the president? You need to open your eyes, seriously



shirayukiIce wrote:


xO_Skittles_Ox wrote:

Dude. Us Americans are a bunch of sarcastic bastards. We're too arrogant and rude, that's why.


My best friend is American.. and she is the nicest person I've ever met.
I think you're only looking at the bad ones.. I can say the same about any other country there is..


When I said "us American's", it wasn't meant to be taken literally, as an "everyone". I don't think of myself to be rude or arrogant. It came out as sarcasm. However, people get up tight about things and get upset about it. I'm not saying "all", just like I previously mentioned above ^^ in my post to another user. However, I am speaking about a good majority of Americans. Over half this country is racist, do you not find that rude and offensive?
81115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48
Online
Posted 1/26/10
In my short life I have learned that it is not a country that makes a person good or bad, rather it is that person's core values. I have had the opportunity to met Africans who fled their country because of the oppression and they came to America, I have met Mexicans who come to America so they can find work to support their families. I have met Vietnamese who risked their live to come to America so they could have the freedom to LIVE. I have seen the faces of China's daughters that have been brought here because they are unwanted. My dear friend has no pictures form his childhood because his government confiscated them before his family could leave the country. But in all these cases, the people were never bitter or hateful. They sought freedom and they have it. THESE people are AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!
2964 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/10

narutoriki wrote:


sk19391 wrote:


narutoriki wrote:


sk19391 wrote:


narutoriki wrote:

Tbh im British and i would like a say on this. I hate Americans due to the fact that they are way over their head "oh yeah we did this we did that" yeah you start wars with countries who are of no current threat and drag the UK into it. They are just pride hunting bafoons who trash talk the Brits just because they "think they helped us a majority in the war" (Sorry but i can recall the American D-Day beach heads almost failed) Where as the British and Canadian Provailed.

Quote "oh you couldnt win WW2 without our help" well actually 1. we already ruled the skies, and 2. Our navy was pretty damn good 3. Whos bombers was it who cleared the defences over europe, whos planes carried the US airborne into france, who country provided training for US Airborne on top of that, it was a world war we were fighting. it wasn't just the UK at war with Germany.

The fact that you attempt to claim you invented things "British" people invented is pretty damn fail.

It's quite funny that you have a neccesarily British-American leading your country too.
P.S Barrack was born in a British Colony...

Our troops die in wars the Americans started because of their idiocity...






You moron. Who do you think it was who fought the Pacific front? The United States.....almost completely on their own. Not to mention the fact that if you do recall, during the Battle of Britian, BRITIAN ALMOST LOST if it wasn't due to the US's Lend-Lease agreements. You did not rule the skys, and to top it off, the British Army which were helping the French, GOT PUSHED INTO THE SEA AND HAD TO BE EVACUATED. Learn your history better, and how to spell.

What are these things your referring to that the British invented, the British invented alot, and so did the Americans, and one can argue that one of the biggest inventions they made by far is something called the internet.

How is Barack Obama British? In addition, because you were born in a British colony, dosen't make you British. That would mean all of the people of Hong Kong and/or India are British citizens, which they are not.

And before you flame me for stuff, my family is GERMAN.


We got pushed into the Sea at the start of the war mate, that was before the americans and the rest of the world armies interviened. and Britain didn't almost lose the air supiriority battle, the Lease only gave us a boost to end the battle quicker. Else it would of took longer. And yes we did rule the skies. The Spitfire has been quoted one of the best fighter planes in history.

And who gives a shit about the pacific? not me... i never even mentioned the pacific mate its got nothing to do with Britain, so before you drag anything else in the argument which is not related to Britain you absolutely fail.

P.S who gives a shit about spelling? this isn't an exam...

Oh and learn your history, the UK also fought in the Pacific Front.



The United Kingdom fought on the Pacific Front yes, but not in as great a number as they did in North Africa. In fact, the British Army was not only pushed out of Asia by the Japanese, but by Rommel in North Africa.

As far as your comments about the United Kingdom not caring about the Pacific, look at te fact that most of it's COLONIES WERE IN ASIA. Not to mention minor places like you know, AUSTRALIA, INDIA, and HONG KONG.

As far as England having air superiority, why did 600,000 die in during the Blitz, and another 1,000,000 injured if the RAF had "air superiority".

As far as you British bashing the Americans, your as bad as the French, if not worse, because your hypocrites. You complain about the Americans and the Native Americans, but look at the damage you caused. Might I tick off the list of groups that you harmed in your land grab conquest? Irish, Scottish, Indian, Pacific Islander, Chinese, African, South African, and even Native American (before the colonies broke away, not to mention Canada).

Wars:

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
1st and 2nd Boer Wars
Falkland Conflict
World War I
World War II
Numerous campaigns for colonization of lands.



World War 1 and 2 wasn't because of "our land grab" conflict. Germany wanted to expand and create a larger country but the residing countrys in the Commonwealth(Read about it) didnt want this to happen.
What we did in WW2 was of great success, the Battle of Britain ended the Germans assault on Western Europe allowing the soviets to build up and army, which then thinned out the forces in the Eastern front allowing us to break for Berlin.

The Falklands war was a result of the Argentines trying to reclaim the Falklands.

Its just funny you mention the 1812 war. Yet North America still holds its country in "states", makes me luagh because they are almost like little countrys which in itself is a show of loss of power and siplays the fact that North America cant control what they have.
As long as NA still has citys named after citys in the UK, the British will be happy :]

P.S why the hell are you trying to claim the creation of the internet for the Americans, made me giggle a bit.


*Shrugs* they were the ones who invented the concept, infrastructure, although it was created for the military originally. The Americans have a large military-industrial complex, which is part of the problem I think.

About the Falklands, hence the term "reclaim", it was theirs originally.

World War I was actually caused because some dissidents assassinated a Prince, causing the Axis to declare war on that country, and Britain and France having a treaty with said country.

World War II is different of course, but the UK had several trouble spots, and many historians (British even) say that without the US, the UK would be a state of Germany.

Agreed though, that America does have alot of problems that it needs to fix.
4942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Earth...where else?
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
Oi, oi. We're talking about race, right? It's probably the people's fault who might accuse other race, they thought they're diligent enough to bash the other nations. Tceh, that's such immature.

You know, humans shouldn't depends on the race, face or nations. Each human depends on two things, that is the heart and the soul. Depends on what people's soul, whoever that has no dignity and thus they have the right to mock the nation, that might upset people and maybe that might make people pissed. Technically, the thing that you should mentioned is their personality. Actually as the the soul & heart was bond together, thus both of them construct a personality. Each people then spawned with different soul. However, people who use the term of nationality abusing must be the one that got their soul cracked, fragile into futile and shifted into oblivion. They decrease their own mobility, being mocked back like the feat that they did to people. Is something like when you bully someone for money, then the next day you beg that guy whom you've bullied suddenly bullies you in the same act as you did on that day.

Besides that, concerning about war makes nothing special. If the war was caused, it was the armies' doing, not the entire citizens. Like that movie Ip Man, China was invaded by the Japanese army, the Chinese guy was threatened by the Japanese. Actually if you're concerning about war, you should noticed on what the armies' & generals intention, not to aim on the innocent normal citizen. However, that the lion was threatened by the hunter, the lion was so frustrated that they intent to kill human whenever there's a human towards their sight. This cause the lion & the human were disgracefully a rivals, it's because of the hunters.

So when people's trying to abuse your nation, you either just clench your fist tightly, strike them on the mouth or if you prefer to be more polite, then just ignore those stubborn. Well, just pretend as if they were literally crazy, being caged inside iron bars while you're further away from them. Just live it with the soul and knock the crap outta them.

P.S: I know you might not understand with some parts of my sentence. Actually, I need to study more about Grammar. By the way, although that I liked Asian so much, I'd support Europe & America too

P.S Mark II (Hehe ) : Some people might consider that the religion affects the conflicts too. You can't judge the book by it's cover, it's just wrong. Technically, there's no need to judge people wrong when they did not do anything wrong. That's how JUMP benefits people
1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 1/26/10

Dude. Us Americans are a bunch of sarcastic bastards. We're too arrogant and rude, that's why.


I hope your only speaking for your self.

And as for rude thats all prespective. What we concider rude may be normal every day habbits to them and what they concider rude may be normal every day habbits for us.



No, I'm speaking for the majority. However, not all. Though, it seems you got all up tight about it.

We're always up in another country's business, trying to run their country the way we want it to be ran. We have racism, people taking advantage of welfare, and poverty because of our government. It's pretty sad when our country will let someone go from drunk driving, all because he's a "celebrity", even after he killed someone due to his previous action. Our country is about "who has what", "sex" and what you can get in the future". Don't believe me, turn on the radio. American's are loud and usually assume they know everything. Take football for an example, "hey we won the first game, we're going to the superbowl". Most American's don't support gay marriages or interracial couples. Now, what gives them the right to say something about it? In most states, you can't get married if you're gay and that's bullshit. All because "other" American's don't believe in it. Religious people wanna throw the Bible at everyone but then turn into hypocrites in the end. We're not rude (?) Though, over half the country hates the president? You need to open your eyes, seriously



Really? i got all up tight? How so?

When you say were all up in another countrys buisness agian its not the american people who are in there buisness its the government.


" Don't believe me, turn on the radio. American's are loud and usually assume they know everything. "

LOL really your gonna base that on some radio station shock jocks?


"Take football for an example, "hey we won the first game, we're going to the superbowl". "

I have no ideal what your trying to say for this part.

"Most American's don't support gay marriages or interracial couples. Now, what gives them the right to say something about it? In most states, you can't get married if you're gay and that's bullshit. All because "other" American's don't believe in it."

Do you even begin to know what your talking about? Do you live in the usa? It true that gays cant be married in all places but thats because the church belives marrage is a sacred thing bla bla any way its the church that wont reconize gay marriage. Legaly gay people can be married in some places. And as for interracial couples you obviously have no ideal what you are talking abou so im not even gonna comment on that.

"Religious people wanna throw the Bible at everyone but then turn into hypocrites in the end. "

Its the usa we have just about every religion know to man here exactly what one are you refering to?

"We're not rude (?) Though, over half the country hates the president?"

Why not hate obama he fkn sucks. Between spending / giving away money the usa dosent have he has done jack shit. O yeah he also kisses ass really well to other countrys thats why they like him as well.

All that crap you spouted you have no evidence to back it up. Nothing but baseless opions.



2179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NW England
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
Now now children, calm down.

I believe this thread was originally intended as a "What should western tourists avoid doing in other people's countries", not a "Who's the best? Who killed the most in WW2? Who has the worst and most evil history?!".

I mean come on, give it a bloody rest. There is no country on EARTH that can claim that its arse is spotless and sparkly, and those that do are lying. Not only that, but because one chap who's from the UK says some stuff you don't agree with (Nor do I for that matter), you turn round and start a 'Brit-bashing' session! You're screaming 'Don't label Americans! Don't group us together like that!', then doing the exact same thing to others!

One of the things i've learnt after having gained several North American friends is that the wars and whatnot should never really come up in conversation. There are just too many people in the world who watch a documentary, flick through wikipedia, and then automatically consider themselves leading fucking experts. Give me a break. The war is over, everybody played their part, can we please just leave it at that? In terms of 'Americans are rude, ignorant and stupid!', well no doubt some are. But there are a lot who aren't. and it's the same in any country you visit.

In terms of what's happening in the world today, can any one of us, Americans and non-Americans, claim that we have the slightest fucking say in what our governments do? No, we can't. Democracy is a joke, the only say we have is every few years when we vote someone else in, who, just like their predecessors, don't have to listen to us a jot. Hate the wars we're involved in all you want, and with good reason, but don't go blaming a populace (That actually protested against it) for the actions of their governments.

For the most part, and this isn't directed at anyone in particular, nor all of you, but grow up. Learn to see both sides of an argument before making an opinion. Learn to think about what you're saying when you're using such a broad term as British or American etc, as that implies everyone from that country. Learn not to preach historical 'facts' just because you're a fucking interweb historian, or 'I read a magazine article on it once'.

Thankyou.
To everyone else who was either not being an asshat, and/or attempting to make valid points whilst staying on topic, carry on
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / clueless
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
OK answering seriously, americans are arrogant and ignorant.and spoiled. No, not all of them but most of them. But most of westerners can also fit in that box as well.
63396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
What a lot of crap comes spewing out from the asshats when they think they have a chance to be listened to.

Speaking for myself as an American I say people are wrong to hate Americans when the blame properly lies squarely on the shoulders of the British. The "Colonial Adventures" of the British have screwed up more of the worlds history than a relatively young country like the US. Can the US be blamed for being warped and twisted when we were founded as British colonies and spent 150 years of our 390 years under direct British rule. Yes we have started more than our fair share of stupid wars of aggression in our history but off the top of my head I can't remember the US ever starting a war to SELL OPIUM. (It is know as The Opium War if you want to look it up.)

You see, anyone can come up with stupid, off the wall, crackpot statements like the ones above. Anyone dumb enough to swallow them whole as truth with out checking them out first and evaluating them should not be allowed to wander the streets without a minder.

All sarcasm aside, the whole world is made up of individuals. Most of them are not worth the energy to dislike let alone hate. I try to save my energy to hate misguided and evil ACTIONS not the mostly misguided idiots who perform them. Demonizing other people and groups is intellectual laziness. It is a crutch for those too stupid or lazy to investigate, evaluate and form fact based opinions of complicated issues.
Posted 1/26/10
I don't hate anyone. I just don't like the horrible things that happen in this country. the same goes for every human-inhabited place on this earth.
3873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ☻☺
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
America meaning the USA or America meaning the whole continent???
I love America -continent-
102489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Paradise⌒☆
Offline
Posted 1/26/10



Really? i got all up tight? How so?


Because you're making this out to be an issue. When I said "us", it wasn't meant to be taken literally. However, it's clear that you took it that way. Can you not accept another's opinion? How come you're only quoting me over everyone else?


When you say were all up in another countrys buisness agian its not the american people who are in there buisness its the government.


Does the government not consist of people who are American? You do realize that the American people vote the president in office, right? We vote the president in and the president, along with the congress makes the decisions for the country. So if we have a horrible president, it's because of the American people because it took their votes to get the candidate in.


LOL really your gonna base that on some radio station shock jocks?


You obviously didn't comprehend what I wrote. Please, go back and read.
I said "Our country is about "who has what", "sex" and what you can get in the future". Don't believe me, turn on the radio."

It seems that what you grasped, had nothing to do with what I've mentioned before. You took half of one of my points and meshed it together with another one.


I have no ideal what your trying to say for this part.


This was a mere example of assumptions.


Do you even begin to know what your talking about? Do you live in the usa? It true that gays cant be married in all places but thats because the church belives marrage is a sacred thing bla bla any way its the church that wont reconize gay marriage. Legaly gay people can be married in some places. And as for interracial couples you obviously have no ideal what you are talking abou so im not even gonna comment on that.


1. I do live in the USA, Maryland to be exact.
2. Okay, you precisely admitted that religious people won't accept gay marriages. Who are they to force their opinions on others? Do you not find this arrogant or are you being blissfully ignorant?
3. It's not just religious people who have an issue with gay couples. If that's the case, then why do gay people get called "dykes" and "fags" by other Americans?
4. Bible thumpers are so "religious" but they criticize other people. Does that sound very Christian like to you? However, they preach the words of "their" God but they judge other people.
5. Excuse me? My boyfriend is black, so please enlighten me.


Its the usa we have just about every religion know to man here exactly what one are you refering to?


I'm referring to those religious people who claim they're "religious: but never practice their religion.
I'm referring to those religious people who contradict themselves and become hypocrites.
I'm referring to those religious people who judge and criticize other people.
I'm referring to those religious people who take the money that's "supposedly" for the church and use it for their own greedy deeds.


Why not hate obama he fkn sucks. Between spending / giving away money the usa dosent have he has done jack shit. O yeah he also kisses ass really well to other countrys thats why they like him as well.


It's pretty hard to get out of something that Bush put us in. However, being American, you're supposed to be proud to be one. Are you happy to be an American or not? Here you are, defending American's but dissing our president when it took our votes to get him in. You're not making much sense to me. It's important for our president to get along with other countries, you should know this.


All that crap you spouted you have no evidence to back it up. Nothing but baseless opions.


Why does this sound similar to what I've said in another conversation O_o?
I gave you points and you failed to refute them. Instead, it seems that you were confused by a few of them and completely avoided the others by saying lines like "Do you live in the USA" and "I'm not even going to comment that". How are those "actual" points?


1809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35
Offline
Posted 1/26/10
Ok so first yes i took it literaly because of they way you said it and im only quoting you because you quoted me.

Yes we do vote people into office But the way you state things you make it sound like the USA is the borg collective one mind one voice.
Insted of saying Us / We or any other term that includes the entire populas of the USA try specifying exactly who or what part of the people / government you are talking about.

No i dont find the church not accepting gay marrage bad. Its there religion If they dont wanna like gheys then they dont have to its there religion.
Do you really think the usa is the only place that makes fun of / insults gay people? People will always make fun of or taunt those who are differnt it maters not where you come from. Sure some places may be more accepting then others but even then there will still be those who oppose.

As for the interracial thing ive been arround military families most of my life i think i have seen just about every combination of interracial marrage possable. black / white / asian etc etc

Churches and religion here and every else will have tho who are corrupt why do you bother to listen to them?
Like the people who protest at soldiers funerals and such just accept that they are scum and move on.

I can be proud to be an american and still hate Obama i voted for neither president because they were both FAIL.
Kinda like having to choose A. stab youself in the leg or B. stab your self in the other leg. What do you choose? C. you choose not to play

Im not saying its bad for the president to get along with other nations but all obama does is apologize and suck up.

You gave opions nothing more and i asked "do you even live in the usa " because you sound like a forginer who has been watching to much bias news and forming opions from it without actully having any proof.

Posted 1/26/10
To the British person who added in a history and government class into this thread:
Are you satisfied with the chaos caused?

You can drag on with talk of wars and government,
but why should it matter now?
WWI, WWII, Bush, Obama, they've all had their place in history.
What's done and done.
You don't have to forget them, but
If you keep dragging it on now, how can you prepare for a better future?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.