First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
The Cusp of Misery
Posted 2/1/10

DomFortress wrote:


Wraithverge wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Virtuous1 wrote:



whoa...... that was deep
Just tried to put things into perspective. Otherwise how else can I enjoy watching one of the most epic death scene in anime history?

I can go metaphysical and philosophical anytime with Gurren Lagann, 'cause that's just how good it is to me.


Gurren Lagann is so good that I am afriad to watch it all the way through for the second time out of fear of it getting even the slightest bit old.
Say you, I OTOH am recommending Gurren Lagann to others as part of my positive psycho therapy.


Very positive. There is hardly a more heroic and inspiring show than Gurren Lagann. Evangelion has an incredible power in it's ability to show people their faults and explore mostly unheard of depths, yet there will never be anything wrong with a show which just fills us with joy as we watch in awe of its epic proportions. I mean, they smash galaxies together in Gurren Lagann! How epic is that??
Posted 2/7/10
there is no cusp
because you have seen it
the darkest pain
you know how it feels
the door you walked through
led to a frozen tundra
Posted 2/7/10
I had those moments in my life, mostly when I was younger, around 7-10. it's not a good feeling at all, especially when you're that young [or any age w/e] staying optimistic, thinking of the few happy memories I have & hoping for a better day keeps me from falling deeper into that abyss of destructible pain within you. plus prayer & meditation helps me as well.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/8/10
'If you want a feeling of belonging, or being part of something grater than your self? Skip the Prayer and religion and join a gang. For the same thing.. It activates the same part of your brain.. Its called the Mob Mentality.'


And Mystic17
Never use medication to reduce misery. It only create a crutch a illusion that will go away as soon as you stop taking it.
Holy shit!! If your taking drugs for it, you find it hit your 3 times as hard and with even more side affects than if you just learn to handle reality. Life is great once you get past the fears and delusions.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 2/8/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'If you want a feeling of belonging, or being part of something grater than your self? Skip the Prayer and religion and join a gang. For the same thing.. It activates the same part of your brain.. Its called the Mob Mentality.'


And Mystic17
Never use medication to reduce misery. It only create a crutch a illusion that will go away as soon as you stop taking it.
Holy shit!! If your taking drugs for it, you find it hit your 3 times as hard and with even more side affects than if you just learn to handle reality. Life is great once you get past the fears and delusions.


Prayer and meditation gives fair amount of calmness to our brain that effectively prevent explosive temper which could lead to cause harm to self and others. Prayer extremely cheap by giving fair amount of time, you can compose yourselves against any problems with cool head. Instead join the gang and make some ruckus, anyone would prefer silent prayer to strengthen your soul rather rely to other human.
Life is great once we overcome the fears of life, will it be great again when a person close to you abandon you and give you misery of life? That's reality.

Posted 2/8/10

Ryutai-Desk wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'If you want a feeling of belonging, or being part of something grater than your self? Skip the Prayer and religion and join a gang. For the same thing.. It activates the same part of your brain.. Its called the Mob Mentality.'


And Mystic17
Never use medication to reduce misery. It only create a crutch a illusion that will go away as soon as you stop taking it.
Holy shit!! If your taking drugs for it, you find it hit your 3 times as hard and with even more side affects than if you just learn to handle reality. Life is great once you get past the fears and delusions.


Prayer and meditation gives fair amount of calmness to our brain that effectively prevent explosive temper which could lead to cause harm to self and others. Prayer extremely cheap by giving fair amount of time, you can compose yourselves against any problems with cool head. Instead join the gang and make some ruckus, anyone would prefer silent prayer to strengthen your soul rather rely to other human.
Life is great once we overcome the fears of life, will it be great again when a person close to you abandon you and give you misery of life? That's reality.

Praying to an imaginary entity to intervene reality? That's the first step for you to escape your reality, by you abandoning yourself and seeking pity from others. And every child does this even if they're not miserable, it's called imaginary play.

However, this form of introspective/intrapersonal intelligence is only the beginning for you to create multiple perspectives about your situation using your imagination. And when you focused on just one perspective of "God", that's how you abandoned your sense of reality and worst, your sense of self.

Therefore "prayers" aren't just extremely cheap, it also doesn't work during any situation that requires problem-solving in real time. And that's the reality's perspective on those who rely on prayers.
Posted 2/8/10 , edited 2/8/10

What may seem imaginary to you may not be the same to others. There's nothing wrong with turning to God if you feel it helps you. I've had many situations where I felt that no matter how much problem-solving I did, the outcome only seemed worst. I felt lost and helpless, so I prayed considerably everyday. Afterwards, it felt that a huge weight was brought off my shoulders, and for the first time I truly felt happy. Not just emotionally, but spiritually as well.

But I suppose it wouldn't matter, since I don't believe you'd understand how I felt that day. It's a shame really.

4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/8/10

DomFortress wrote:


Ryutai-Desk wrote:


Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

'If you want a feeling of belonging, or being part of something grater than your self? Skip the Prayer and religion and join a gang. For the same thing.. It activates the same part of your brain.. Its called the Mob Mentality.'


And Mystic17
Never use medication to reduce misery. It only create a crutch a illusion that will go away as soon as you stop taking it.
Holy shit!! If your taking drugs for it, you find it hit your 3 times as hard and with even more side affects than if you just learn to handle reality. Life is great once you get past the fears and delusions.


Prayer and meditation gives fair amount of calmness to our brain that effectively prevent explosive temper which could lead to cause harm to self and others. Prayer extremely cheap by giving fair amount of time, you can compose yourselves against any problems with cool head. Instead join the gang and make some ruckus, anyone would prefer silent prayer to strengthen your soul rather rely to other human.
Life is great once we overcome the fears of life, will it be great again when a person close to you abandon you and give you misery of life? That's reality.

Praying to an imaginary entity to intervene reality? That's the first step for you to escape your reality, by you abandoning yourself and seeking pity from others. And every child does this even if they're not miserable, it's called imaginary play.

However, this form of introspective/intrapersonal intelligence is only the beginning for you to create multiple perspectives about your situation using your imagination. And when you focused on just one perspective of "God", that's how you abandoned your sense of reality and worst, your sense of self.

Therefore "prayers" aren't just extremely cheap, it also doesn't work during any situation that requires problem-solving in real time. And that's the reality's perspective on those who rely on prayers.


can you even prove a "Self" even exists? And when you create multiple perspectives, you can only choose a few to live by...and reality is subjective. peace over war
Posted 2/8/10 , edited 2/8/10
my gosh I knew you were callow but I had no idea meditation & medication are two different words. proof read before you type.
Posted 2/8/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


What may seem imaginary to you may not be the same to others. There's nothing wrong with turning to God if you feel it helps you. I've had many situations where I felt that no matter how much problem-solving I did, the outcome only seemed worst. I felt lost and helpless, so I prayed considerably everyday. Afterwards, it felt that a huge weight was brought off my shoulders, and for the first time I truly felt happy. Not just emotionally, but spiritually as well.

But I suppose it wouldn't matter, since I don't believe you'd understand how I felt that day. It's a shame really.

If I just want to feel good about myself, then I can simply choose not to get angry. However, that doesn't mean that whatever that caused the problem in the first place no longer exist. Even though I'm no longer angry. I honestly do have a solution for just about everything, and not because I pray to God. When I can do better than asking stupid question like this guy here:

JJT2 wrote: can you even prove a "Self" even exists? And when you create multiple perspectives, you can only choose a few to live by...and reality is subjective. peace over war
Are you "imagining" yourself reading my reply right now, just like how you "imagined" yourself replied to me in the first place? Your reality is therefore subjected to change according to your answer to my question, because if you think you can, or if you think you can't, either way, you're right.
Posted 2/8/10

DomFortress wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:


What may seem imaginary to you may not be the same to others. There's nothing wrong with turning to God if you feel it helps you. I've had many situations where I felt that no matter how much problem-solving I did, the outcome only seemed worst. I felt lost and helpless, so I prayed considerably everyday. Afterwards, it felt that a huge weight was brought off my shoulders, and for the first time I truly felt happy. Not just emotionally, but spiritually as well.

But I suppose it wouldn't matter, since I don't believe you'd understand how I felt that day. It's a shame really.

If I just want to feel good about myself, then I can simply choose not to get angry. However, that doesn't mean that whatever that caused the problem in the first place no longer exist. Even though I'm no longer angry. I honestly do have a solution for just about everything, and not because I pray to God. When I can do better than asking stupid question like this guy here:

JJT2 wrote: can you even prove a "Self" even exists? And when you create multiple perspectives, you can only choose a few to live by...and reality is subjective. peace over war
Are you "imagining" yourself reading my reply right now, just like how you "imagined" yourself replied to me in the first place? Your reality is therefore subjected to change according to your answer to my question, because if you think you can, or if you think you can't, either way, you're right.


Yet you still don't understand.

Praying is not about pretending that the problem no longer exists.

Yes this is reality. No dilemma is just going to magically float into thin air without some type of personal effort. I understood that perfectly well, but prayer made me feel confident to face them, because I believed that God was helping me through them. I believe prayer is a way for some people to help overcome challenges.



Posted 2/9/10 , edited 2/9/10

LosingOrbit wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:


What may seem imaginary to you may not be the same to others. There's nothing wrong with turning to God if you feel it helps you. I've had many situations where I felt that no matter how much problem-solving I did, the outcome only seemed worst. I felt lost and helpless, so I prayed considerably everyday. Afterwards, it felt that a huge weight was brought off my shoulders, and for the first time I truly felt happy. Not just emotionally, but spiritually as well.

But I suppose it wouldn't matter, since I don't believe you'd understand how I felt that day. It's a shame really.

If I just want to feel good about myself, then I can simply choose not to get angry. However, that doesn't mean that whatever that caused the problem in the first place no longer exist. Even though I'm no longer angry. I honestly do have a solution for just about everything, and not because I pray to God. When I can do better than asking stupid question like this guy here:

JJT2 wrote: can you even prove a "Self" even exists? And when you create multiple perspectives, you can only choose a few to live by...and reality is subjective. peace over war
Are you "imagining" yourself reading my reply right now, just like how you "imagined" yourself replied to me in the first place? Your reality is therefore subjected to change according to your answer to my question, because if you think you can, or if you think you can't, either way, you're right.


Yet you still don't understand.

Praying is not about pretending that the problem no longer exists.

Yes this is reality. No dilemma is just going to magically float into thin air without some type of personal effort. I understood that perfectly well, but prayer made me feel confident to face them, because I believed that God was helping me through them. I believe prayer is a way for some people to help overcome challenges.
No, I understand how belief works perfectly. It's you who didn't realize that a belief doesn't need validation in order to be believable. In that sense a prayer is a psychological downplay on a situation, by imagining that some higher power will eventually makes things work no matter what. However that's still not real confidence in one's own ability.
Posted 2/9/10


If I continue this conversation, I'd just be repeating myself over again.
I guess one can never truly understand the depth of a situation unless they've been through it themselves, that's fine though.
If I sat here and explained to you in full detail about that part of my life and how prayer helped me through it, it'd just be a waste of me and your time, since I don't believe you really understand, even though you claim you do.
Anyways, I'm done. Speak your peace, sir.
Posted 2/9/10

LosingOrbit wrote:



If I continue this conversation, I'd just be repeating myself over again.
I guess one can never truly understand the depth of a situation unless they've been through it themselves, that's fine though.
If I sat here and explained to you in full detail about that part of my life and how prayer helped me through it, it'd just be a waste of me and your time, since I don't believe you really understand, even though you claim you do.
Anyways, I'm done. Speak your peace, sir.
If that was your principle from the beginning, then there's no point in this conversation to begin with. Because you're only presenting your case from your perspective, when you can't present the same case from God's perspective. In order for you to demonstrate just how you praying to God can help you in your case.

Therefore, just how could you be done? When you never started with anything but a prayer.
10652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Indonesia Raya
Offline
Posted 2/9/10

DomFortress wrote:

Praying to an imaginary entity to intervene reality? That's the first step for you to escape your reality, by you abandoning yourself and seeking pity from others. And every child does this even if they're not miserable, it's called imaginary play.

However, this form of introspective/intrapersonal intelligence is only the beginning for you to create multiple perspectives about your situation using your imagination. And when you focused on just one perspective of "God", that's how you abandoned your sense of reality and worst, your sense of self.

Therefore "prayers" aren't just extremely cheap, it also doesn't work during any situation that requires problem-solving in real time. And that's the reality's perspective on those who rely on prayers.


The difference between believer and non-believer is the existence of the supreme entity itself. Just because we know the supreme is there, doesn't mean we became dependen, asking everything what we want to it and seeking pity to others. Instead, we became responsible beings that concern about others, became stronger both physiologically, physically and emotionally.
That's how believer lived, by encourages one and another to live forward and solve the problem together.

Your imagination about the perspective of god is ignoring the fact about its existence. You lived without even see what in front of yourself. You lived without acknowledging the fact about the origin of the world and beings. That's why, the way you lived is by prioritizing yourself and claiming yourself is the person who only want to listen what pleased you. There are numerous facts about it, still people stay ignorant about its existence. Isn't that what we called ignoring reality by do no want to acknowledge a beings that way more superior than yours?

Indeed, praying alone wouldn't solve the problem automatically. We have to do what we can do in order to achieve our needs to live on. Isn't that how supposed to be? A child can dream anything they want what they want to be, a workers always plan their job before they start it, and a person hopes to achieve their happiness before they start the day. Before they do the actual work, it just a picture what you created to make it true. Without plan, anyone would have no direction in the middle of their life. That's what we've been taught in my belief, 'God would not change your fate before you try to change it.'




DomFortress wrote:


If I just want to feel good about myself, then I can simply choose not to get angry. However, that doesn't mean that whatever that caused the problem in the first place no longer exist. Even though I'm no longer angry. I honestly do have a solution for just about everything, and not because I pray to God.

No, I understand how belief works perfectly. It's you who didn't realize that a belief doesn't need validation in order to be believable. In that sense a prayer is a psychological downplay on a situation, by imagining that some higher power will eventually makes things work no matter what. However that's still not real confidence in one's own ability.



What will become problem is when you cannot choose to set your mood or just simply following what you feel, whether is anger, hatred or misery. Anyone can say they can do everything, there's no problem for them, or nothing is impossible. But when it comes to real thing, they turned around, experiencing the cusp of misery and the depth of sorrow, they always have a way to excuse themselves, flip the reality and blame others. There is always a condition when you can't do everything by yourself, and there is always someone be there to support you. That's when you can overcome the misery by the power of others, either it will be family, lover or friends.

However, what if nobody holds your back and willing to know your sorrow? It's easy to say, I can do it alone. It's true when the sorrow is in certain degree that won't really affect yourself. But when you experience the Cusp of Misery, the level of sorrows is something you can't face by yourself. Mostly people will turned away and run off instead facing it. In the end, many people has became victim because of it. And many of them are scholar, being shot by another scholar in the place which supposed to be source of knowledge that can't face their reality of knowledge is an example how people will become when they've reached the Cusp of Misery.

By turning around and blame others, everyone have their own way to escape it. Before they know it, they'll violate the guidelines of morality. Do whatever they want, kill whoever they dislike. A kind of beast that have no control to their own body. A belief that holds morality would prevent the human to lose its control. People will always be different to others, when they can't agree to each other, there is always a dispute between them. Originally a person would always carry themselves, after all. However, there is always a being that watches over human, the One who always be our side, , the One who who will prevent us to crossing the line, the One who became our guide and hold our back and the One who will never betrayed us forever

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.