First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
World of Warcraft vs. Guild Wars
329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / hidin in your cou...
Offline
Posted 11/9/06
gw has no mounts and too short pve part.... i think also pvp is better in wow and dont forget mc , bwl and stuff like that
329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / hidin in your cou...
Offline
Posted 11/9/06

Darkwolf wrote:

gw has no mounts and too short pve part.... i think also pvp is better in wow and dont forget mc , bwl and stuff like that


if u dont mind to pay every month go and get wow it makes more fun and u can do more things than in gw

671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Mass
Offline
Posted 11/9/06
It's all based on what you want to play. Guildwars is based on missions and quests, ranking up, being active in a guild, and PvP. Honestly, the game can get tireing after a while, especially if you're playing alone. WoW has more things you can do, like go fishing, open up your own little shop, things outside of missions and quests, and things of that like.

I enjoy guildwars because you can do so much in the professions, and with every new expansion pack they add a new profession. The newest expansion pack is supposed to make the PvP experience even better than it is now, and they also have improved on the graphics a helluva lot.

It's hard to give concrete evidence on which game is better because they both have their pros and cons, and it all really depends on what you like to play.
Jsu
1929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Succesfully kille...
Offline
Posted 11/9/06

Darkwolf wrote:

gw has no mounts and too short pve part.... i think also pvp is better in wow and dont forget mc , bwl and stuff like that


Seriously? Your kidding right?

14579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UR FACE
Offline
Posted 11/9/06
"the subscriber base for World of Warcraft has reached a new milestone, with 7.5 million players worldwide." http://www.blizzard.com/press/061109.shtml

the numbers done lie. WoW FTW
15809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/9/06
Friend just sold his account for $900 (AUS) to his guild leader

ridiculous

this is WoW, he only had 3 60's but one Warlock he's been playing for months
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / America, Fuck Yeah.
Offline
Posted 11/9/06
my vote is for WoW. Even though it sucks your soul, its fun as hell
10834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/9/06

Jsu wrote:


Darkwolf wrote:

gw has no mounts and too short pve part.... i think also pvp is better in wow and dont forget mc , bwl and stuff like that


Seriously? Your kidding right?



The pvp isn't AS good ATM, but with the arena coming with the expansion it'll be on par with Guild Wars.

Pretty sad seeing as how Guild Wars is solely based around PvP. That's just my opinion though.
6212 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / US
Offline
Posted 11/9/06
PvP is a pretty big draw for a lot of people obviously. There is certainly pvm as well, and im sure some people that dont like to pvp have enjoyed that. I remember back in the day i used to play D2 mostly for PvP. But i was just coming in as the old school guys were leaving and when blizz started to ruin pvp with patches.

On another note, Ive only played GWs like 10hours. Bought it b/c some friends said they would too but only one did and we just kind of gave it up. So if anyone has a good reason for needing a key let me know i'll get rid of it cheep. GW was pretty impressive graphically, coming for d2, but it was rather boring imo.

Dont want to get into wow simply because it costs quite a bit and a huge time sucker.

So, what have i played recently. Well some Starcraft now and then. Just beat Prey. Going though lego star warsII slowly.
Posted 11/10/06

murdax wrote:

Well guys I have heard all your opinions about wich MMORPG, but it is all repeative all I am hearing is how Guild Wars is free and how the PvP is better. Not that I don't appreciate your input but I need hard facts why I should play this game like how huddon had given me. People you would go out and buy a computer without knowing the specs so come on people give me hard fact about these two game GUild War and World of Warcraft. And F.Y.I I don't mind paying for that monthly subscription I just want to know which game is better and worth my time playing ok people.




You will never know untill you try em both for yourself .
843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Denmark
Offline
Posted 11/10/06
can you even enchant your gear in GW...(ya i have it, but lol..i never playd more than 5hours)wow<---depend alot of the time taken to get your char geared ect...but so much more to do(bwl-mc-ony ect ect ect). Ofc this doesnt happen on every server but on mine we usually take zg-aq20 and mc with random people(aka PuG grps) so if lvl to 60 your abble to see stuff you else never would have seen for 2 or 3 month ago(ofc..again what server-progress ect)

oh, to the seller 900$ ..ofc depends on how your gear are and rep..but i could have sold my acc for over 5000danish kroner..wich is around 800$ and thats only 1character ;)
beeing exalted with all BG's - exalted with every possible NPC's and have the rarest enchants / tailor recipes and your abble to earn alot on it...but the time taken makes the hour/$ some what 0.1$ (145played on my mage)
329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / hidin in your cou...
Offline
Posted 11/10/06
i hate gw pvp ... i just love the bgs in wow
1014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Jamaica
Offline
Posted 11/13/06

GabrielDk wrote:

can you even enchant your gear in GW...(ya i have it, but lol..i never playd more than 5hours)wow<---depend alot of the time taken to get your char geared ect...but so much more to do(bwl-mc-ony ect ect ect). Ofc this doesnt happen on every server but on mine we usually take zg-aq20 and mc with random people(aka PuG grps) so if lvl to 60 your abble to see stuff you else never would have seen for 2 or 3 month ago(ofc..again what server-progress ect)

oh, to the seller 900$ ..ofc depends on how your gear are and rep..but i could have sold my acc for over 5000danish kroner..wich is around 800$ and thats only 1character ;)
beeing exalted with all BG's - exalted with every possible NPC's and have the rarest enchants / tailor recipes and your abble to earn alot on it...but the time taken makes the hour/$ some what 0.1$ (145played on my mage)



Dude is your account really worth that much. And do you still play and is WoW worth playing any ways. Behonest
Posted 11/13/06
my account would probably go for 500-600 right now. i have 3 60s, and 1 55. decent gear, and fairly good rep with BG. was fairly well known on the server, and on a server as shitty as mine, when you are good, people often take notice.

with the expansion his account will go from about 800, as he says, to MAYBE half that. since his gear will be shitty, rep wont matter witht he current groups, and everyone will be leveling to 70.
15809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 11/13/06

murdax wrote:


GabrielDk wrote:

can you even enchant your gear in GW...(ya i have it, but lol..i never playd more than 5hours)wow<---depend alot of the time taken to get your char geared ect...but so much more to do(bwl-mc-ony ect ect ect). Ofc this doesnt happen on every server but on mine we usually take zg-aq20 and mc with random people(aka PuG grps) so if lvl to 60 your abble to see stuff you else never would have seen for 2 or 3 month ago(ofc..again what server-progress ect)

oh, to the seller 900$ ..ofc depends on how your gear are and rep..but i could have sold my acc for over 5000danish kroner..wich is around 800$ and thats only 1character ;)
beeing exalted with all BG's - exalted with every possible NPC's and have the rarest enchants / tailor recipes and your abble to earn alot on it...but the time taken makes the hour/$ some what 0.1$ (145played on my mage)



Dude is your account really worth that much. And do you still play and is WoW worth playing any ways. Behonest


depends on how desperate some idiots get.
Friend did sell his account for 900, hell, its worth playing if you can make that much cash... basically he earned more than the amount he used to play it up till now... so there you go..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.