First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
World of Warcraft vs. Guild Wars
Posted 2/29/08
Haven't played both but I think WoW is better..

~SaMMie-CHaN~
Posted 2/29/08
I don't really like World of Warcraft, though I'm not sure about Guild Wars. I used to play warcraft battle.net though it was really addictive it kind of got boring later...
2955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/29/08
WoW even tho i quit it
4568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tacoma, Washington
Offline
Posted 3/3/08

haddon wrote:

wow>ff11 for a few reasons.
1. no japanese playing with you, and not TOO many koreans or chinese.
2. leveling is much easier, and way more fun, so alts are an option. you dont have to pay for more alts, either.
3. you dont HAVE to group to level. to instance, yes, you do. to get the best gear, you need raids. but its not imperative just to get to lv 60.
4. pvp is way better. its actually faction v faction in a real sense, not just fighting over control of lands.
5. the storyline is amazing. ive been playing warcraft since warcraft 2, and know the story of warcraft by heart (not counting the PnP storylines). ive read the books, the manga, played the games etc. im even quite a well known member on wowwiki, contributing a lot, and well known by 4 or 5 of the made moderators.
6. while there are fewer classes, there is a lot more option to be different (least, when i played ff11, 3 years ago almost).
7. instances. you will never get to the end of a dungeon, just to find that the monster youve wanted to kill is being farmed by a group of high-level japanese late at night (day to them and all), and by high-level americans in the day. instances make it so the dungeon is YOURS...and others have seperate dungeons, carbon copies. sure, the world-dungeons are camped now and then, but they are far less useful.
8. the burning crusade is coming out in about 2 months or so, and is going to be HUGE. 10 more levels, new planet, new talent specializations, new gear and items and spells and stuff. its going to change wow dramatically (and leveling 60-70 is about as hard as leveling in most other mmorpgs, so that will be fun)
9. they have quite a few fun events, some world events and stuff.

ff11>wow
1. the fact that you get a house is always fun!
2. there are a lot of jobs, and with sub-jobs, the combonations are insane. with the new ff11 expansion, i think there will be 15 jobs total. with all the combonations, thats absurd.
3. the summons are awesome. simple as that.
4. its final fantasy, so a lot of the stuff is common knowledge to a lot of players. way more ff players than people that played through all the levels of all the warcraft games.
5. it takes a LOT longer to level, so you wont get to endgame and get bored waiting to raid. sadly,the pvp kinda sucks, even endgame.
6. skill chains are crazy fun.

wow>ff11 in general, in nearly every way, i think, especially with the new wow expansion coming out. way more people play, too, so its rarely a problem finding a party. sure, there are a lot of immature fucks in the game, but thats why you play with your friends (RL, or guild buddies, or people you just know well in game) as often as possible.


Um....more than half of this false but wtf ever. u made a quote saying no japanese playing with u? well no shit theres a us and then theres oceanic servers moron. I think you over exaggerate what you say. Dont know if you racist or not but world of warcraft coming from the blizzard entertainment company are from SOUTH KOREA not Japan idiot. Does it matteR? There are so many nerd loser old fart americans playing this game than there are asians playing it.
Posted 3/4/08

RamboCambo wrote:


haddon wrote:

wow>ff11 for a few reasons.
1. no japanese playing with you, and not TOO many koreans or chinese.
2. leveling is much easier, and way more fun, so alts are an option. you dont have to pay for more alts, either.
3. you dont HAVE to group to level. to instance, yes, you do. to get the best gear, you need raids. but its not imperative just to get to lv 60.
4. pvp is way better. its actually faction v faction in a real sense, not just fighting over control of lands.
5. the storyline is amazing. ive been playing warcraft since warcraft 2, and know the story of warcraft by heart (not counting the PnP storylines). ive read the books, the manga, played the games etc. im even quite a well known member on wowwiki, contributing a lot, and well known by 4 or 5 of the made moderators.
6. while there are fewer classes, there is a lot more option to be different (least, when i played ff11, 3 years ago almost).
7. instances. you will never get to the end of a dungeon, just to find that the monster youve wanted to kill is being farmed by a group of high-level japanese late at night (day to them and all), and by high-level americans in the day. instances make it so the dungeon is YOURS...and others have seperate dungeons, carbon copies. sure, the world-dungeons are camped now and then, but they are far less useful.
8. the burning crusade is coming out in about 2 months or so, and is going to be HUGE. 10 more levels, new planet, new talent specializations, new gear and items and spells and stuff. its going to change wow dramatically (and leveling 60-70 is about as hard as leveling in most other mmorpgs, so that will be fun)
9. they have quite a few fun events, some world events and stuff.

ff11>wow
1. the fact that you get a house is always fun!
2. there are a lot of jobs, and with sub-jobs, the combonations are insane. with the new ff11 expansion, i think there will be 15 jobs total. with all the combonations, thats absurd.
3. the summons are awesome. simple as that.
4. its final fantasy, so a lot of the stuff is common knowledge to a lot of players. way more ff players than people that played through all the levels of all the warcraft games.
5. it takes a LOT longer to level, so you wont get to endgame and get bored waiting to raid. sadly,the pvp kinda sucks, even endgame.
6. skill chains are crazy fun.

wow>ff11 in general, in nearly every way, i think, especially with the new wow expansion coming out. way more people play, too, so its rarely a problem finding a party. sure, there are a lot of immature fucks in the game, but thats why you play with your friends (RL, or guild buddies, or people you just know well in game) as often as possible.


Um....more than half of this false but wtf ever. u made a quote saying no japanese playing with u? well no shit theres a us and then theres oceanic servers moron. I think you over exaggerate what you say. Dont know if you racist or not but world of warcraft coming from the blizzard entertainment company are from SOUTH KOREA not Japan idiot. Does it matteR? There are so many nerd loser old fart americans playing this game than there are asians playing it.


wait wait, i never said anything about japanese playing wow. they almost dont. neither did i say that wow was made by the japanese, but it also isnt made by koreans. it is made and run in california, near anaheim. the series was created by kaplan, metzen and pardo for the most part, 3 white guys from cali.

and what in that is false?
4568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tacoma, Washington
Offline
Posted 3/4/08
what in there is fact? eg. number 7, never get to the end of a dungeon? dont give me that balogne man lol. Most of these are based on your assumptions. It is made by the koreans, pfft i dont give a damn this is buncha mumbo jumbo im not gettin into a useless argument. Gotta watch my damn vids and read my damn manga haha
Posted 3/4/08
here's my breakdown:

Guild Wars:
great PvP action demands more skill and less equip
okay for the casual gamer
short leveling period, resulting in less PvE
a game you can play even with a crammed schedule
no monthly fees
expect to look the same as others at the end-game
You don't have to worry about campers, but you won't see anyone outside towns except for those in your party
Aside from downloads, slow connection friendly (had a friend playing this on a 56k, no lag whatsoever)

World of Warcraft:
Aimed at the more dedicated gamer
hardcore leveling
Raids
a game you can play if you've got a boatload of time on your hands
monthly fees
Be aware that you will be targeted by WoW stereotypes

It really just depends what kind of gamer you are and what your budget can supply. I can't really choose a better game out of the two.
BTW I have tried both, and I could honestly say: WoW PvE > GW PvE and GW PvP > WoW PvP


Posted 3/7/08

RamboCambo wrote:

what in there is fact? eg. number 7, never get to the end of a dungeon? dont give me that balogne man lol. Most of these are based on your assumptions. It is made by the koreans, pfft i dont give a damn this is buncha mumbo jumbo im not gettin into a useless argument. Gotta watch my damn vids and read my damn manga haha


congratulations, you are officially an idiot. #7 says you never get to the end to find that someone has already camped your mob.

world of warcraft is made by a bunch of dudes in california, just like all blizzard games. look up the bloody credits for gods sakes.

what in there is fact? well, there arent many japanese players, and most chinese and korean players play on their server. so 1. is true.
a person can get 1-70 in under a month in wow. you can have multiple 70s, and i personally almost have 4. in the same time played, you wont get to 70 in ff11. so 2 is true.
in ff11, past lv 15 or so, it is next to impossible to level solo. the mobs just hit too hard. however, you can level 1-70 in wow without ever grouping with another person. it sucks, but is possible. so 3 is true.
pvp in ff11 is initiated by choice, and there are no battlegrounds or arenas. as of that original writing, there was no alliance and horde groups in ff11, just your factions which gained control of territory. it may have changed by now, im not sure. so as of then, 4 was true.
the storyline of warcraft spans 25,000 years, with 4 games, something like 8 novels, a monthly comic, and manga, as well as a pnp rpg. ff11 has none of that. it is a solo game with only its own expansions. so while 5 is opinion, it has a lot more to work on.
6. there are 9 classes in wow, soon to be 10, but each class has 3 talent trees, making each players spec different if they choose. sure, there are cookie cutter builds, but if i want to be a fire/arcane mage and never rely on ice spells, i can spec that way. the same does not go for ff11.
7. instances. instances mean that when you and a party go into a dungeon, nobody else can go into that dungeon. its yours and yours alone. other parties may be in the same dungeon, but not the same instance. meaning they will be killing in a carbon copy of what you are in, getting different loot and fighting some different things.
8 BC has been out for over a year (shows how long ago i wrote that), and a new expansion is in the works. 10 more levels, a new continent, new spells etc. the game is going to change drastically yet again. ff11 is doing the same, true, but with far fewer players, the company is making less money to spend on the expansions.
9. there are still world events, and holidays, at least once a month. we just had a valentines and chinese new year event. and coming soon, we will be having a big opening event of a new raid dungeon.

so all in all, what i said is true. and you are a dolt.
6117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
i think WOW will win this one out ^^
4568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tacoma, Washington
Offline
Posted 3/7/08

haddon wrote:


RamboCambo wrote:

what in there is fact? eg. number 7, never get to the end of a dungeon? dont give me that balogne man lol. Most of these are based on your assumptions. It is made by the koreans, pfft i dont give a damn this is buncha mumbo jumbo im not gettin into a useless argument. Gotta watch my damn vids and read my damn manga haha


congratulations, you are officially an idiot. #7 says you never get to the end to find that someone has already camped your mob.

world of warcraft is made by a bunch of dudes in california, just like all blizzard games. look up the bloody credits for gods sakes.

what in there is fact? well, there arent many japanese players, and most chinese and korean players play on their server. so 1. is true.
a person can get 1-70 in under a month in wow. you can have multiple 70s, and i personally almost have 4. in the same time played, you wont get to 70 in ff11. so 2 is true.
in ff11, past lv 15 or so, it is next to impossible to level solo. the mobs just hit too hard. however, you can level 1-70 in wow without ever grouping with another person. it sucks, but is possible. so 3 is true.
pvp in ff11 is initiated by choice, and there are no battlegrounds or arenas. as of that original writing, there was no alliance and horde groups in ff11, just your factions which gained control of territory. it may have changed by now, im not sure. so as of then, 4 was true.
the storyline of warcraft spans 25,000 years, with 4 games, something like 8 novels, a monthly comic, and manga, as well as a pnp rpg. ff11 has none of that. it is a solo game with only its own expansions. so while 5 is opinion, it has a lot more to work on.
6. there are 9 classes in wow, soon to be 10, but each class has 3 talent trees, making each players spec different if they choose. sure, there are cookie cutter builds, but if i want to be a fire/arcane mage and never rely on ice spells, i can spec that way. the same does not go for ff11.
7. instances. instances mean that when you and a party go into a dungeon, nobody else can go into that dungeon. its yours and yours alone. other parties may be in the same dungeon, but not the same instance. meaning they will be killing in a carbon copy of what you are in, getting different loot and fighting some different things.
8 BC has been out for over a year (shows how long ago i wrote that), and a new expansion is in the works. 10 more levels, a new continent, new spells etc. the game is going to change drastically yet again. ff11 is doing the same, true, but with far fewer players, the company is making less money to spend on the expansions.
9. there are still world events, and holidays, at least once a month. we just had a valentines and chinese new year event. and coming soon, we will be having a big opening event of a new raid dungeon.

so all in all, what i said is true. and you are a dolt.


LoL you even bothered to write a whole page essay. WHat a loser. it just flamed me how u always use the japanese. If you hadnt known its the koreans who make so much damn mmorpg games. Why you even using koreans or chinese or japanese anyway. The truth is i didnt even bother to read your little "facts" i just wanted to start something since you made shit up with the japanese and other nationality's.
4568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Tacoma, Washington
Offline
Posted 3/7/08
O well, atleast im gaining cr points for forum posts
385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Where the streets...
Offline
Posted 3/8/08
Hmmm, I've got both, but I only play Guild Wars, because it's free. With wow, I think it's a little stupid that you first have to buy the game and then also pay around 100-200 nok (20-40 usd) every month. Though it's a great game I don't have money and I think it's stupid to pay so much only to be allowed to play for one month. I really want to play it, but my budget tells me no. Besides, Guild Wars is a great game so I'm not sad at all
4393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Online
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
world of warcraft is awesome but guild wars looks awesome and playes great. i wish i had guild wars cause i only got wow. just play on a private wow server
4804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/08
World of Warcraft, hands down, I've played both of them, and WoW has lasted me 2 years and I'm still playing it, I've played Guild Wars: Factions, and I got bored of it when I hit lvl 7, Guild Wars tends to get boring as hell easily, and the PvP in Guild Wars SUCKS ASS! Everybody just runs away waiting half an hour behind their leader so they don't die, its a wussy type of PvP. WoW is you charge in and kick some ass.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.