First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Cell Phones?
97 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Huntington Beach
Offline
Posted 8/21/10
Get an iphone 4g and jailbreak it
730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Chicago
Offline
Posted 8/21/10
whatever u do...dont buy nexus one..I HATE IT..BATTEry just keeps goin low..
Posted 8/21/10 , edited 8/21/10
I can't answer all of those questions accurately, so I'm just going to say what I think in general.

In my opinion, a good phone should let you call people, play some games when you get bored, text people, take pictures, make videos, and send those pictures/videos. A lot of those things are optional.

If you want a phone that does a bunch of unnecessary things, fine. But at least stick to ONE. Don't try to buy one every time a new one comes out. I think it's such a waste of time and money.
1226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Home.
Offline
Posted 8/21/10
Start with a phone that just calls and text. I don't see the point of getting one with apps other than showing off to your buddies.
644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / In some galaxy so...
Offline
Posted 8/21/10
My Nokia can make a call, send text messages, read my e-mail and got a nice calendar system. I'm satisfied.
I guess the opportunity to take pictures and listen to the radio may be nice as well, but that's not really a high priority.

It's hard to make any specific recommendations, as it depend what people want to use their phones for. Other uses than actually calling people, that is.
I can say one thing, though: Touch screen is not nice if you sometimes got greasy fingers.
196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / cali
Offline
Posted 8/22/10
i highly recommend the HTC EVO 4G
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 8/22/10
iphone is seriously the best out there. Just the simple yet brilliant design is not only shown in the design, but in the programming as well. Third party apps are also amazing
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/10
id get a smart phone but the service plans they have are highway robbery

i honestly dont see the point in paying the price of a netbook and more for a phone ill get bored of....
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / California Centra...
Offline
Posted 8/22/10

LemonyPanda wrote:

iphone is seriously the best out there. Just the simple yet brilliant design is not only shown in the design, but in the programming as well. Third party apps are also amazing





moratorium wrote:

id get a smart phone but the service plans they have are highway robbery

i honestly dont see the point in paying the price of a netbook and more for a phone ill get bored of....


First off, if you are looking for a smart phone, get one with the Android operating system because it is an open source operating system. Doesn't matter who makes it, just make sure you get the Android operating system. I will be getting a smart phone within the next month and I've been doing my homework.

Second, I've been with AT&T/Cingular and then moved to T-Mobile. AT&T used to have great customer service then they sold their cell phone division to Cingular and it was down hill after that. Yeah they have great calling coverage (which is completely different than 3G coverage) but the customer care just was never the same. T-Mobile has great customer service, nut calling signal/coverage can be spotty to non-existent in quite a bit of areas. I am going to switch to Verizon next month because my brother recommended it (because he has gone through the cell company carousel as well and is liking Verizon the best).

The one phone I would not recommend is the iPhone. Here's why: 1. it's made by Apple so they do not use an open source operating system they use their own system which is very difficult for many programmers to write for it. 2. Safari mobile web browser sucks. PERIOD. Again this is do to the fact that it is difficult for programmers to write code for the Apple operating system. 3. Yeah you can jailbreak it, but Apple still has restrictions on how far you can go and still be under warranty. 4. The App store is a pain in the butt to look for stuff you really need and full of useless stuff that will just fill up your phone. 5. Because of their exclusive contract with AT&T, you do not have the same 3G coverage that you have with someone like Verizon (which by the way will be going to a 4G network in a couple of months).

Yes moratorium, they are expensive but cell phone companies usually have deals on smartphones. I will be getting an LG Ally smart phone for around $50 US.

No LemonyPanda, the iPhone is not the best smart phone out there, it is the most popular. If you read my reasons why then you will understand why I absolutely must disagree with any and all that laud the iPhone.

For you Firefox fans, they have released their new mobile web browser and it supports Flash video!

My $0.02
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/22/10

guess is hould have said highway robbery on a plan that isnt a 2 year contract or 1 yr since i really dont like being bound by a contract
Posted 8/22/10 , edited 8/22/10
I would recommend any Sony Ericsson walkman phone. They are the best. I've had 3 Sony Ericsson phones and I've never been disappointed and never had any trouble with them. Now I have an iPhone 3G though and it's really good.
10387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / in your heart
Offline
Posted 8/22/10
nokiaaa
86 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Howl's moving castle
Offline
Posted 8/22/10
i have a nokia twist from verizon its soo cute cause it looks like a little box, and everyone who sees it is like omg thats a phone?!
but uh the only thing i don't like about verizon is that after they made changes to lower their payment, they added on that you have to get a certain amount of internet, which isn't a problem for some but i hate using the internet on anything but a computer. the good side is that i have service everywhere even if i can't always do things but its still there :3 or well where i am

But if money wasn't an issue then the one of the droids would be my top choice they are just awesome :)

but sometimes there's a cellphone just for you. like even though i love my phone atm my old one the voyager i felt it was me in a phone oO
10513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / In your room stea...
Offline
Posted 8/22/10

perotin9 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

iphone is seriously the best out there. Just the simple yet brilliant design is not only shown in the design, but in the programming as well. Third party apps are also amazing





moratorium wrote:

id get a smart phone but the service plans they have are highway robbery

i honestly dont see the point in paying the price of a netbook and more for a phone ill get bored of....


First off, if you are looking for a smart phone, get one with the Android operating system because it is an open source operating system. Doesn't matter who makes it, just make sure you get the Android operating system. I will be getting a smart phone within the next month and I've been doing my homework.

Second, I've been with AT&T/Cingular and then moved to T-Mobile. AT&T used to have great customer service then they sold their cell phone division to Cingular and it was down hill after that. Yeah they have great calling coverage (which is completely different than 3G coverage) but the customer care just was never the same. T-Mobile has great customer service, nut calling signal/coverage can be spotty to non-existent in quite a bit of areas. I am going to switch to Verizon next month because my brother recommended it (because he has gone through the cell company carousel as well and is liking Verizon the best).

The one phone I would not recommend is the iPhone. Here's why: 1. it's made by Apple so they do not use an open source operating system they use their own system which is very difficult for many programmers to write for it. 2. Safari mobile web browser sucks. PERIOD. Again this is do to the fact that it is difficult for programmers to write code for the Apple operating system. 3. Yeah you can jailbreak it, but Apple still has restrictions on how far you can go and still be under warranty. 4. The App store is a pain in the butt to look for stuff you really need and full of useless stuff that will just fill up your phone. 5. Because of their exclusive contract with AT&T, you do not have the same 3G coverage that you have with someone like Verizon (which by the way will be going to a 4G network in a couple of months).

Yes moratorium, they are expensive but cell phone companies usually have deals on smartphones. I will be getting an LG Ally smart phone for around $50 US.

No LemonyPanda, the iPhone is not the best smart phone out there, it is the most popular. If you read my reasons why then you will understand why I absolutely must disagree with any and all that laud the iPhone.

For you Firefox fans, they have released their new mobile web browser and it supports Flash video!

My $0.02



What does open source matter ? Its probably free, but you still have to buy the phone.

And since when has it been difficult for developers to write applications for proprietary operating systems.

Windows is proprietary.
Mac OS X is proprietary

and both those operating systems are easy to write applications for.

Windows has Visual Studio and Mac OS X has Xcode and Interface Builder.
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 8/22/10

perotin9 wrote:


LemonyPanda wrote:

iphone is seriously the best out there. Just the simple yet brilliant design is not only shown in the design, but in the programming as well. Third party apps are also amazing





moratorium wrote:

id get a smart phone but the service plans they have are highway robbery

i honestly dont see the point in paying the price of a netbook and more for a phone ill get bored of....


First off, if you are looking for a smart phone, get one with the Android operating system because it is an open source operating system. Doesn't matter who makes it, just make sure you get the Android operating system. I will be getting a smart phone within the next month and I've been doing my homework.

Second, I've been with AT&T/Cingular and then moved to T-Mobile. AT&T used to have great customer service then they sold their cell phone division to Cingular and it was down hill after that. Yeah they have great calling coverage (which is completely different than 3G coverage) but the customer care just was never the same. T-Mobile has great customer service, nut calling signal/coverage can be spotty to non-existent in quite a bit of areas. I am going to switch to Verizon next month because my brother recommended it (because he has gone through the cell company carousel as well and is liking Verizon the best).

The one phone I would not recommend is the iPhone. Here's why: 1. it's made by Apple so they do not use an open source operating system they use their own system which is very difficult for many programmers to write for it. 2. Safari mobile web browser sucks. PERIOD. Again this is do to the fact that it is difficult for programmers to write code for the Apple operating system. 3. Yeah you can jailbreak it, but Apple still has restrictions on how far you can go and still be under warranty. 4. The App store is a pain in the butt to look for stuff you really need and full of useless stuff that will just fill up your phone. 5. Because of their exclusive contract with AT&T, you do not have the same 3G coverage that you have with someone like Verizon (which by the way will be going to a 4G network in a couple of months).

Yes moratorium, they are expensive but cell phone companies usually have deals on smartphones. I will be getting an LG Ally smart phone for around $50 US.

No LemonyPanda, the iPhone is not the best smart phone out there, it is the most popular. If you read my reasons why then you will understand why I absolutely must disagree with any and all that laud the iPhone.

For you Firefox fans, they have released their new mobile web browser and it supports Flash video!

My $0.02


Well, the variety of third party apps available for the iphone (not including the jailbroken ones) show that the difficulty of making third party apps do NOT deter programmers from making any more new apps. Does surfing on the internet REALLY matter that much? I mean the only time I used internet on my iphone (unfortunately i lost it, but I'm buying a new one once my contract ends) was for just checking email, updating facebook etc. etc. Maybe you use your phone for daily internet use, but the small screen of ANY mobile phone is just too annoying to use for too long. Who cares if you jailbreak it? All you have to do is plug it into the apple store and restore it to factory settings in less than 2 minutes.The App store is a pain in the butt to look for stuff? Everything is filled with categories, how hard can it be? And if you don't like it just delete it, simple as that. And just in case you want to store it for a later use, you can remove it from your itunes library and just keep the file so you didn't completely lose that $3 or whatever how much you spent it for.

The beauty of apple products is that it keeps it simple, yet wonderful to use. They actually keep the looks of the phone in mind when developing it to make it feel better in your hand (maybe its just me but I loved to rotate my iphone in my hand just cuz it was that smooth) When programming it, they thought of everything, even the small animations you see when using it (when you switch screens too far or too hard, you see it kind of jiggle back a little). Of course things like that don't make up the decision of whether to buy the device or not, but those things add up and make up the joyful experience of using the iphone. And thats what companies nowadays need to realize, that products should be FUN to use, yet POWERFUL enough to excel in daily use, with a little bit more power hidden inside to use it for more powerful use when needed.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.