First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Apes versus Humans
13214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47
Offline
Posted 2/19/10
do you believe that we, humans, came from the ape ancestry? why or why not?


please delete if dup
91108 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 2/19/10
humans and apes share many different traits so its highly likely that we share a common ancestry, and if humans aren't animals then what are we plants?
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 2/19/10 , edited 2/19/10
it doesn't really matter to me.. if you really think about it despite the advances in civilization we're still wilder and more savage than any animal out there. apes are not capable of genocide.
79512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / dubai
Offline
Posted 2/19/10
nope.....apes got nothing to do with us...no offence with the apes..
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/19/10 , edited 2/19/10

manzi wrote:

it doesn't really matter to me.. if you really think about it despite the advances in civilization we're still wilder and more savage than any animal out there. apes are not capable of genocide.


Actually, systematic extermination of another group of the same species has been observed in chimpanzees and ringtailed lemurs.

And on topic, I think that you would have to ignore a gigantic amount of evidence to believe that humans and apes are not descendants of a common ancestor. For example, the genome of chimpanzees and humans is well above 95% similar, among many other instances of evidence.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 2/19/10 , edited 2/19/10

MCMXCI wrote:
Actually, systematic extermination of another group of the same species has been observed in chimpanzees and ringtailed lemurs.


crap.. totally forgot about that one.. i think i remember seeing it on NAT GEO. they're also into cannibalism. hehe


And on topic, I think that you would have to ignore a gigantic amount of evidence to believe that humans and apes are not descendants of a common ancestor. For example, the genome of chimpanzees and humans is well above 95% similar, among many other instances of evidence.


i think it's around 98%.. but like i've said earlier it doesn't really matter. i don't mind having an ape for an ancestor or distant relative.
heck i'm even entertaining the idea of space aliens conducting genetic experiments on early apes. and those early apes became humans and the aliens became their "gods". (totally baseless but entertaining nonetheless)
1580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/19/10

manzi wrote:


And on topic, I think that you would have to ignore a gigantic amount of evidence to believe that humans and apes are not descendants of a common ancestor. For example, the genome of chimpanzees and humans is well above 95% similar, among many other instances of evidence.


i think it's around 98%.. but like i've said earlier it doesn't really matter. i don't mind having an ape for an ancestor or distant relative.
heck i'm even entertaining the idea of space aliens conducting genetic experiments on early apes. and those early apes became humans and the aliens became their "gods". (totally baseless but entertaining nonetheless)


Just saying, especially cause it pisses me off when religious nuts start claiming that evolution is not a valid theory, and when you ask for proof they start quoting the Bible.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 2/19/10

MCMXCI wrote:

Just saying, especially cause it pisses me off when religious nuts start claiming that evolution is not a valid theory, and when you ask for proof they start quoting the Bible.


ohh.. you mean THE fanclub.. we have lots of those here. they're often confused whether to pray for your soul or ask god to smite you.. hehe..

37909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / under the same sky
Offline
Posted 2/19/10
there's a newspaper article last year, proving that we do not evolve from apes..
25823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/10

MCMXCI wrote:


manzi wrote:


And on topic, I think that you would have to ignore a gigantic amount of evidence to believe that humans and apes are not descendants of a common ancestor. For example, the genome of chimpanzees and humans is well above 95% similar, among many other instances of evidence.


i think it's around 98%.. but like i've said earlier it doesn't really matter. i don't mind having an ape for an ancestor or distant relative.
heck i'm even entertaining the idea of space aliens conducting genetic experiments on early apes. and those early apes became humans and the aliens became their "gods". (totally baseless but entertaining nonetheless)


Just saying, especially cause it pisses me off when religious nuts start claiming that evolution is not a valid theory, and when you ask for proof they start quoting the Bible.


dont go grouping us all as nutz

Posted 2/20/10
Nope.
they'd be more like humans if they were....
665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Earth, US, Califo...
Offline
Posted 2/20/10
hmmmmmm, its probably like 99% chance that we are, or have common ancestors with apes, but I'd like to thnk that we weren't.

Too bad my brain can't deny solid evidence....
Posted 2/20/10
Apes are Apes, Humans are Humans~
17397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Im Lost
Offline
Posted 2/20/10
is anyone here proud that he/she is?!
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/20/10

MCMXCI wrote:


manzi wrote:

it doesn't really matter to me.. if you really think about it despite the advances in civilization we're still wilder and more savage than any animal out there. apes are not capable of genocide.


Actually, systematic extermination of another group of the same species has been observed in chimpanzees and ringtailed lemurs.

And on topic, I think that you would have to ignore a gigantic amount of evidence to believe that humans and apes are not descendants of a common ancestor. For example, the genome of chimpanzees and humans is well above 95% similar, among many other instances of evidence.

Chimpanzees and humans are 98% Identical. Wile Bonobos are 99% identical to us. http://www.paulagordon.com/shows/savage-rumbaugh/
On top of that we have other evidence that shows the same the same thing. We even have "Ardi" Humanity's Oldest Ancestor! Or Ida the link between Monkeys, Lemurs, and Humanoids such as the Homo Sapiens and the Neanderthals.

But then In the ED, I already did a huge mile long report about evolution and how it has more observable evidence for it than even Gravity.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.