First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Our Books
Posted 2/21/10 , edited 2/21/10
We all have our own books to follow and they each entail our own codes. Some people have an honor system of sorts and others not so much. My book revolves around mostly not being a pain in the buttocks for other people. I more follow the letter of the law and not the spirit. I hold standards in high regard and feel that we all need them.

So how about everyone else? What does your own book of personal policies contain?
Posted 2/21/10
I don't have a book, when I am a bookmark. I mark down peoples' choices, while I perceive their own lives like open-books. Because to me my own life is like a writing on sand; it only touches the hearts of those who read it once, and then its gone beyond the reach of time itself.
Posted 2/21/10

DomFortress wrote:

I don't have a book, when I am a bookmark. I mark down peoples' choices, while I perceive their own lives like open-books. Because to me my own life is like a writing on sand; it only touches the hearts of those who read it once, and then its gone beyond the reach of time itself.


Washed away by the ocean waves...
4294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
forgot where
Offline
Posted 2/22/10

Wraithverge wrote:

We all have our own books to follow and they each entail our own codes. Some people have an honor system of sorts and others not so much. My book revolves around mostly not being a pain in the buttocks for other people. I more follow the letter of the law and not the spirit. I hold standards in high regard and feel that we all need them.

So how about everyone else? What does your own book of personal policies contain?


book? you mean our moral codes and ethics? honor codes?

i supposed mine is based off of Christianity, karate, taekwondo,jeet kune do, philosophy, and my own life experiences.

It would take days to explain it, but heres a quote from Bruce Lee that could describe my honor codes-

"Be Formless, shapeless like water. Now if you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash, be water my friend."-Bruce Lee

peace over war
Posted 2/22/10 , edited 2/22/10

JJT2 wrote:


Wraithverge wrote:

We all have our own books to follow and they each entail our own codes. Some people have an honor system of sorts and others not so much. My book revolves around mostly not being a pain in the buttocks for other people. I more follow the letter of the law and not the spirit. I hold standards in high regard and feel that we all need them.

So how about everyone else? What does your own book of personal policies contain?


book? you mean our moral codes and ethics? honor codes?

i supposed mine is based off of Christianity, karate, taekwondo,jeet kune do, philosophy, and my own life experiences.

It would take days to explain it, but heres a quote from Bruce Lee that could describe my honor codes-

"Be Formless, shapeless like water. Now if you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash, be water my friend."-Bruce Lee

peace over war


Bruce was a light unto himself encouraging others to be the same. A grand, spiritual master.
Posted 2/22/10
Do you mean the book that represents our life? [metaphorical]
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/23/10
My book is about two main stories witch branch off into many more stories. One that looks at the world through clear eyes, that seeks truth through an open mind, and evidence. A story of exploration of the unknown and seeking out its truths, without filling it with superstitions.
2nd part is about creating, and bettering what we already have. From creating a government that is far better than the one we have, creating a better world to live in, to creating one self over and over again, Always changing always seeking to improve on, taking what works and removing what does not.

Posted 2/23/10

mystic17 wrote:

Do you mean the book that represents our life? [metaphorical]


In a sense. It's like the saying "in my book."
Posted 2/23/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:

My book is about two main stories witch branch off into many more stories. One that looks at the world through clear eyes, that seeks truth through an open mind, and evidence. A story of exploration of the unknown and seeking out its truths, without filling it with superstitions.
2nd part is about creating, and bettering what we already have. From creating a government that is far better than the one we have, creating a better world to live in, to creating one self over and over again, Always changing always seeking to improve on, taking what works and removing what does not.



I very much agree with transistasis, since we need to adapt to situations.
Posted 2/25/10
Oh okie. can't really say much since I'm only 7600 days old (right now). what I've witnessed, learned, & experienced has not been much but sadness, deferred explorer, pain, deception, & sometimes joy from very few people I've encountered. I'm compassionate about life, in things most people don't care about; I'm furtive & peculiar. Hopefully, as time progresses, I'd have a new chapter of new experiences & better memories than I have now.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/25/10 , edited 2/25/10
Whatsoever a man makes evil, for him it is evil. Each servant is judged by his own master’s standard. In short, to thine own self be true. But this just guides my moral compass. I terms of my intellectual life, I follow the philosophy of Socrates. All knowledge is worth having, and the truth should be sought for its own sake.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/25/10 , edited 2/25/10

DomFortress wrote:

I don't have a book, when I am a bookmark. I mark down peoples' choices, while I perceive their own lives like open-books. Because to me my own life is like a writing on sand; it only touches the hearts of those who read it once, and then its gone beyond the reach of time itself.


So you do have a book. Your book just says to read. It's a book about books.
Posted 2/26/10

SeraphAlford wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

I don't have a book, when I am a bookmark. I mark down peoples' choices, while I perceive their own lives like open-books. Because to me my own life is like a writing on sand; it only touches the hearts of those who read it once, and then its gone beyond the reach of time itself.


So you do have a book. Your book just says to read. It's a book about books.
And that's ultimately its own objective, to subject its readers to other people's roles. Like a stage where humanity unfolds itself as individuals within a society.
18663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/26/10

DomFortress wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

I don't have a book, when I am a bookmark. I mark down peoples' choices, while I perceive their own lives like open-books. Because to me my own life is like a writing on sand; it only touches the hearts of those who read it once, and then its gone beyond the reach of time itself.


So you do have a book. Your book just says to read. It's a book about books.
And that's ultimately its own objective, to subject its readers to other people's roles. Like a stage where humanity unfolds itself as individuals within a society.


Would you call your self more of a conductor or a stage hand? Do you direct the flow of the people around you.. Or learn of them wile staying in the background, aiding only where your asked to aid..?
Posted 2/26/10

Darkphoenix3450 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:


DomFortress wrote:

I don't have a book, when I am a bookmark. I mark down peoples' choices, while I perceive their own lives like open-books. Because to me my own life is like a writing on sand; it only touches the hearts of those who read it once, and then its gone beyond the reach of time itself.


So you do have a book. Your book just says to read. It's a book about books.
And that's ultimately its own objective, to subject its readers to other people's roles. Like a stage where humanity unfolds itself as individuals within a society.


Would you call your self more of a conductor or a stage hand? Do you direct the flow of the people around you.. Or learn of them wile staying in the background, aiding only where your asked to aid..?
The pull of such task itself is tempting, simply because how challenging it is. It also explains why sociology is becoming more and more attractive.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.