First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
How can increasingly popular girl fights be stopped?
5553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ottawa
Offline
Posted 3/6/10

LunaKage wrote:

Watching is all we can do they started it they can end it.... unless one person is asking or the help then i would jump in and help

Congratz guys on the most pointless argument ever....
ur aguing wont change a thing =/
and i think meeze completly lost the idea of what koro was saying...
he was jking.... and what he says wont change a single thing to what happenes in this world
so i dont see the reason why u got so worked up...
at ur age you should be wiser and keep your cool


You would be surprised at how many people take what I say seriously. It's very comical.
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/6/10 , edited 3/6/10

LunaKage wrote:

Watching is all we can do they started it they can end it.... unless one person is asking or the help then i would jump in and help

Congratz guys on the most pointless argument ever....
ur aguing wont change a thing =/
and i think meeze completly lost the idea of what koro was saying...
he was jking.... and what he says wont change a single thing to what happenes in this world
so i dont see the reason why u got so worked up...
at ur age you should be wiser and keep your cool


People who stick there nose where it's not wanted generally get it cut off if not at least out of joint. In other words MYOB. We ("koro" and I) have already spoken privately and come to an understanding.

As far as the adolescent with whom I was speaking he was and is a "troll" which seems to be the word used nowadays for a "jerk." He and obviously some others have not yet learned to be serious about any given subject.

Concerning his joking -- that attitude was what caused me to continue in the first place. I despise insincerety and apathy. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Mocking merely illustrates a shallowness in character whereas passionate discourse divulges a profoundness of thought. "From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh."

What is the use of talking about something? At the very least it raises awareness which is the first step to orchestrating change. Therefore, contrary to your statement, what he says could potentially change the world -- and not for the better. A lie repeated often enough eventually becomes accepted as the truth. (Example from history -- most people believe that the American Civil War was over slavery. It was not. It was over the individual state's rights and the government's attempts to unconstitutionally supersede state's rights using the slavery issue as a front. It was a situation not very different from the supposed "weapons of mass destruction" that we have heard so much about during the war in Iraq. Do not misunderstand -- I am not belittling the evils of slavery; it was and is a terrible injustice in the world.)

As to my state of mind -- I have not as yet become "worked up" or lost my "cool." Concerning wisdom -- it is not a passive thing. It is a passionate thing to be sought and shared. No, I am not wise, but then neither are you to have made such a statement. I recognize and work to repair my faults -- this is what it means to be an adult. Can the same be said of him and you?

Do not mistake apathy for being "cool" or "level-headed." Someone who does not illustrate a keen interst in the subject he has deigned to discuss but rather jests and makes inflamatory statements is the worst kind of apathetic, shallow cad. If you criticize me for acting in a manner that is completely the opposite of apathy then I will take that as a compliment.

Posted 3/6/10
Unless one person is clearly becoming worse off and in danger...I wouldn't step in.

Its best not to get involved... -__- they will not thank you for caring...whats the point?
Posted 3/6/10
security guards = paid witnesses
1082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/10 , edited 3/6/10

meezermex wrote:


LunaKage wrote:

Watching is all we can do they started it they can end it.... unless one person is asking or the help then i would jump in and help

Congratz guys on the most pointless argument ever....
ur aguing wont change a thing =/
and i think meeze completly lost the idea of what koro was saying...
he was jking.... and what he says wont change a single thing to what happenes in this world
so i dont see the reason why u got so worked up...
at ur age you should be wiser and keep your cool


People who stick there nose where it's not wanted generally get it cut off if not at least out of joint. In other words MYOB. We ("koro" and I) have already spoken privately and come to an understanding.

As far as the adolescent with whom I was speaking he was and is a "troll" which seems to be the word used nowadays for a "jerk." He and obviously some others have not yet learned to be serious about any given subject.

Concerning his joking -- that attitude was what caused me to continue in the first place. I despise insincerety and apathy. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Mocking merely illustrates a shallowness in character whereas passionate discourse divulges a profoundness of thought. "From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh."

What is the use of talking about something? At the very least it raises awareness which is the first step to orchestrating change. Therefore, contrary to your statement, what he says could potentially change the world -- and not for the better. A lie repeated often enough eventually becomes accepted as the truth. (Example from history -- most people believe that the American Civil War was over slavery. It was not. It was over the individual state's rights and the government's attempts to unconstitutionally supersede state's rights using the slavery issue as a front. It was a situation not very different from the supposed "weapons of mass destruction" that we have heard so much about during the war in Iraq. Do not misunderstand -- I am not belittling the evils of slavery; it was and is a terrible injustice in the world.)

As to my state of mind -- I have not as yet become "worked up" or lost my "cool." Concerning wisdom -- it is not a passive thing. It is a passionate thing to be sought and shared. No, I am not wise, but then neither are you to have made such a statement. I recognize and work to repair my faults -- this is what it means to be an adult. Can the same be said of him and you?

Do not mistake apathy for being "cool" or "level-headed." Someone who does not illustrate a keen interst in the subject he has deigned to discuss but rather jests and makes inflamatory statements is the worst kind of apathetic, shallow cad. If you criticize me for acting in a manner that is completely the opposite of apathy then I will take that as a compliment.


OMG You would be so right ....
If this was in a different context
Lets review shall we...
1. You are on crunchy roll....a site if im not mistaken was made for entertaainment...
i dont believe the president would come on to this site to get pointers on new laws etc.....
2.The topic at hand is a joke.....
I dont even think the person who made this actualy care TBH
he probably had nothing better to do and all the good topics had already been made....

You make a very good point but context and with that i shall go sleep


P.s. usualy i dont bother with rude remarks
but if memory serves me right...
kuro made a statement not to you but to the creater of the topic
so maybe you should take your own advice and mind your own business?... just a suggestion
68845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / St. Louis, Misery
Offline
Posted 3/6/10


Arguments like these lead to violence! So let's stop kk? thanks
1814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/7/10 , edited 3/7/10


Let us review some things as well, shall we?

1) A race or nation's form of entertainment has ever been the sign of its refinement or degradation. E.g. -- before the fall of Rome people were encouraged to take "entertainment" from the systematic killing of dissidents and minority groups. Virtue and sincerity became objects of ridicule, while vice and mockery were exalted and venerated. What does that have to do with anything in this discussion? It means that your point is mute. Whether a person or people are working or entertaining themselves the same rules of conduct apply -- saying that something is for entertainment does not give free reign to chaos and deprevation or insincerity. For pity's sake it is possible to have loads of fun without being shallow or intentionally annoying the living daylights out of someone. It's easier to be a jerk than to entertain one's self intelligently and respectfully.

2) No, the topic at hand is not a joke. It is a very serious and troubling issue. His treatment of said issue was in a joking manner. You are right, he does not care a wit, but that does not mean that I must also take his apathetic attitude. Perhaps all the good points had already been made in other topics, but he made his post at the very beginning of this issue before anyone had worked out the subject thoroughly. Boredom is not a viable reason to speak in such an inconsiderate and offensive way.

I personally do not understand your issue with "context" for reasons that I believe should be clear upon reading the first point.

Yes, I should have minded my own business. I was reminding you of a truth that I had to relearn again the hard way -- my nose was very nearly out of joint. Yet it is difficult to ignore such blatant injustice and apathy. "To him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin." In modern terms it is a sin of ommission -- the intentional with-holding of beneficial action due to fear or indifference. Which, by the by, is the fault of all those who do not break up fights whether it be between girls or boys.
23326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Takamagahara
Offline
Posted 3/7/10
Why on earth would you stop it?
1082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/10
Argh! lets just forget it
1082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/7/10

cronozj wrote:



Arguments like these lead to violence! So let's stop kk? thanks

Internet violence?
Thanks for the advice dude
damn any minute longer and i woulda got and eBruise =/
Posted 3/7/10
Let them troll each other. it's quite entertaining lol
Posted 3/7/10
Yeah! Let them keep trolling each other...

TROLL FIGHT! TROLL FIGHT! TROLL FIGHT!

Welllllll, back on topic~

I was never aware "girl fights" were becoming popular. Hmm maybe I live in Canada, maybe it's just the US where this is becoming a big trend? I don't know. I always thought a "girl fight" was like:



But apparantly we're talking about physical fights here. Girl VS. Girl, Girl VS. Guy, Guy VS. Guy...it's still a fight. Just a fight. No girl fight or guy fight, what the hell is that? I'm sure these so-called "girl fights" have existed since the beginning of time. Just because the "bigger, smarter people" say it's becoming a huge issue doesn't mean it's so. It's nothing new.
6778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under the Starry...
Offline
Posted 3/7/10
living in Asia i was quite surprise by these fights, "girl fights" or "boy fights"
so much that you need to call the police? like seriously?
personally i think its immature and childish and i dont want to hear their stupid excuses but if its physically harming other people around or seriously harming the victim then surely i would step in.
Stupidity makes me impulsively want to punch them in the face (even if that is a stupid reason itself :P)


ThatsKablammo wrote:

Yeah! Let them keep trolling each other...

TROLL FIGHT! TROLL FIGHT! TROLL FIGHT!

Welllllll, back on topic~

I was never aware "girl fights" were becoming popular. Hmm maybe I live in Canada, maybe it's just the US where this is becoming a big trend? I don't know. I always thought a "girl fight" was like:



But apparantly we're talking about physical fights here. Girl VS. Girl, Girl VS. Guy, Guy VS. Guy...it's still a fight. Just a fight. No girl fight or guy fight, what the hell is that? I'm sure these so-called "girl fights" have existed since the beginning of time. Just because the "bigger, smarter people" say it's becoming a huge issue doesn't mean it's so. It's nothing new.


LOL at the "girl fight"
yeah... i kinda thought that was it too :p
51 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 3/7/10
Troll fights and girl fights belong on 4chan, where millions can laugh at the stupidity.

The way to stop girl fights is to lock everyone up.
5553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Ottawa
Offline
Posted 3/7/10

mystic17 wrote:

Let them troll each other. it's quite entertaining lol


I like the work I've done. I've ended my argument, now I get to enjoy the fruits of my labour. People going off topic, just to argue. I hope this continues more.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.