First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Asians being attacked in school, school administrater
21223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/22/10

Deltadestiny wrote:

An unusual incident..perhaps something triggered it before the event took place


That's what I'm wondering.
Posted 3/22/10
D: im so lucky i am not being attacked >.< im more of a lover than a fighter
Posted 3/22/10 , edited 3/22/10

LemonyPanda wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:



I've been through this before, I'm not a good mod, etc. Attacking me isn't going to work. You know very well what I was trying to say, but I suppose there is no excuse for that word, and there's no point in attempting to correct it seeing as at the end of the day you will continue to think whatever you want about me, that's fine.


It's not that I'm personally offended but there are some african americans who would find that offensive. And as a forum mod, you are like the ambassadors of this site, you represent the general attitude of this forum as you do have the most power. People see a forum mod saying stuff like that, then other members would think it would be ok to do the same. Especially since this is an Asian site, and a lot of Asians are racist to blacks, you wouldn't want the few african americans, or other ethnic groups for that matter to leave here thinking crunchyroll is racist as well.

Hmm maybe I'm in a quoting mood today so I'll quote the cheesy line from spiderman "those with great power comes great responsibility" Now watch what you say =]


I get that spiderman quote a lot.

But I totally understand what you're saying, and thank you for being honest.
69336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / South of sanity.
Offline
Posted 3/22/10
Philadelphia is the city of 'brotherly love', apparently, not 'sisterly love'.
22785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 3/23/10
scary. they should be imprisoned or something :|
8592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / F / North by NorthWest
Offline
Posted 3/23/10
I am just astonished that this was not considered a hate crime.
Those poor girls how terrifying.
Posted 3/23/10
They are two side to every story and I am pretty the black kids are beating the hell out of each other in that school too.

I when to high school in New Orleans East we never had those problem because most of New Orleans East is Blacks and Vietnamese.
438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Europe, Estonia
Offline
Posted 3/23/10

Vol4 wrote:


Neglister wrote:

those asian students must have been acting cocky thats why they were attacked

Did this conclusion from your guessing or you know the truth ?



I was quessing and it also might be thruth
17362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Easter Island
Offline
Posted 3/23/10
I lived in Philadelphia for six months and like someone before me said, most Asians are racist against blacks. It's especially prevalent there. Maybe she said something racist that angered them. I am NOT justifying what they did. It's just a possibility. Also, black people in Philadelphia tend to be really rough and think they have to be tough for some reason. They jump down your freaking throat for looking at them wrong. I think the whole city has problems violence wise, but it's mostly blacks. NO, I'm not some racist troll. I'm black myself, and I love my race enough to point out that most of them have anger issues. T.T
62912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/23/10
Damn this is sad to see. :(

That judge is obviously biased, but that's the way that a lot of people see things. It really chaps my back side when people think that blacks can't be racist regardless of their actions and words; that they can't do hate crimes.

This girl, or the group that she was with, may not have done a thing. When I was very young (pre-teen years or so) my family lived in a very poor neighborhood of a big city. More than 90% of the families in a wide area around our house were black. We didn't do a thing to these people, but they blamed all whites for their poor economic situation, and pretty much all of their problems in general.

This attitude lead to some very messed up situations. My brother, my sister, and I were chased by a mob. They had boards with nails in them, baseball bats, and other weapons. They were seriously going to kill us if they caught us, and the entire time that they were chasing us they were yelling numerous racial slurs at us. The blacks of the neighborhood also destroyed stuff in our yard.. anything that was out there, basically.

If they had thought about it then they would have realized that we all lived in the same conditions, but this didn't matter to them.

It's so damn sad. Hate begets hate though. That's the way that it goes. Ignorance makes the hate last. This girl who got beat may not have done a thing. Hate is generalized far too easily. Now these Asians are probably going to hate blacks, and the process just keeps going. It's disgusting.

And yeah, you bet that I was racist for several years as a result of what happened to us.

I hope that the people involved in this, on both sides, can move out of their hate and see people instead of colors, but it isn't easy. Especially when at least one of your parents are racist.

/sad
Posted 3/23/10

Neglister wrote:


Vol4 wrote:


Neglister wrote:

those asian students must have been acting cocky thats why they were attacked

Did this conclusion from your guessing or you know the truth ?



I was quessing and it also might be thruth



Oh , I see. (you made me sweat)
20158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Florida, US
Offline
Posted 3/23/10
This whole ordeal is sad..
Racial tension is just repulsive to me.
What's even more disheartening is how swiftly people resort to demoralizing an entire group of people (ethnic/ religious/ socioeconomic etc) because of turmoil like this, thus perpetuating a bigoted/ misguided mentality.
16376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / New York City
Offline
Posted 3/23/10
blame their individuality...Don't blame a whole race..

I can say that they had no reason to resort to voilence if they said somekinda racial slurr....
2345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / clueless
Offline
Posted 3/30/10
People are so stupid and ignorant so they act the way they do. That's why theres school./work shootings. They all cause it on themselves. They should think "do on to others what you would like them do to you" something like that. Then the world would be a better place. Eventually they will get what they deserve.
Posted 3/30/10
Is this the time where someone should say, "Make love, not war." (?)
Uhm ok then.

"Make love, not war." lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.