First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Bisexuality (Fad or No?)
Posted 4/15/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:

Bisexuality is not a fad, it is a sexual orientation and not a matter of choice. The question is poorly worded.
However, since there are publicly expressive members of the bisexual community who are either overwhelmingly swingers or indecisive, it's those individuals who's treating their yet uncertain sexual orientation as an excuse for them not to be committed in a relationship, IMO.

Therefore to them, bisexuality might as well be a fad before they know for themselves just what exactly is their own sexual orientation lies with their choice/preference of partnering.
8742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland, Aberdeen
Offline
Posted 4/15/10

DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:

Bisexuality is not a fad, it is a sexual orientation and not a matter of choice. The question is poorly worded.
However, since there are publicly expressive members of the bisexual community who are either overwhelmingly swingers or indecisive, it's those individuals who's treating their yet uncertain sexual orientation as an excuse for them not to be committed in a relationship, IMO.

Therefore to them, bisexuality might as well be a fad before they know for themselves just what exactly is their own sexual orientation lies with their choice/preference of partnering.


I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is a good point, but I wouldn't concentrate so much on subjective feelings about the issue. What these people feel is of no relevance. A person is either bisexual or he or she is not. If someone is truly bisexual it cannot be a fad, irrespective of what he or she may treat the situation as. If a person is not bisexual, he or she is simply excluded from our scope simply because he or she is not bisexual. These two groups, with nothing between, allow for no third category.
Posted 4/15/10

DerfelCadarn wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:

Bisexuality is not a fad, it is a sexual orientation and not a matter of choice. The question is poorly worded.
However, since there are publicly expressive members of the bisexual community who are either overwhelmingly swingers or indecisive, it's those individuals who's treating their yet uncertain sexual orientation as an excuse for them not to be committed in a relationship, IMO.

Therefore to them, bisexuality might as well be a fad before they know for themselves just what exactly is their own sexual orientation lies with their choice/preference of partnering.


I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is a good point, but I wouldn't concentrate so much on subjective feelings about the issue. What these people feel is of no relevance. A person is either bisexual or he or she is not. If someone is truly bisexual it cannot be a fad, irrespective of what he or she may treat the situation as. If a person is not bisexual, he or she is simply excluded from our scope simply because he or she is not bisexual. These two groups, with nothing between, allow for no third category.
I'm just saying that unless bisexuals can pair themselves up with real hermaphrodites, they gotta somehow learn to make compromise in a relationship.
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/16/10 , edited 4/16/10

DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:

Bisexuality is not a fad, it is a sexual orientation and not a matter of choice. The question is poorly worded.
However, since there are publicly expressive members of the bisexual community who are either overwhelmingly swingers or indecisive, it's those individuals who's treating their yet uncertain sexual orientation as an excuse for them not to be committed in a relationship, IMO.

Therefore to them, bisexuality might as well be a fad before they know for themselves just what exactly is their own sexual orientation lies with their choice/preference of partnering.


I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is a good point, but I wouldn't concentrate so much on subjective feelings about the issue. What these people feel is of no relevance. A person is either bisexual or he or she is not. If someone is truly bisexual it cannot be a fad, irrespective of what he or she may treat the situation as. If a person is not bisexual, he or she is simply excluded from our scope simply because he or she is not bisexual. These two groups, with nothing between, allow for no third category.
I'm just saying that unless bisexuals can pair themselves up with real hermaphrodites, they gotta somehow learn to make compromise in a relationship.

Just because they like both doesn't mean they can't settle for one. The same way just because ur a straight male that doesn't mean because you like more than one girl ur going to be with all of them unless ur just like that.

Posted 4/16/10

dorpeda wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:

Bisexuality is not a fad, it is a sexual orientation and not a matter of choice. The question is poorly worded.
However, since there are publicly expressive members of the bisexual community who are either overwhelmingly swingers or indecisive, it's those individuals who's treating their yet uncertain sexual orientation as an excuse for them not to be committed in a relationship, IMO.

Therefore to them, bisexuality might as well be a fad before they know for themselves just what exactly is their own sexual orientation lies with their choice/preference of partnering.


I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is a good point, but I wouldn't concentrate so much on subjective feelings about the issue. What these people feel is of no relevance. A person is either bisexual or he or she is not. If someone is truly bisexual it cannot be a fad, irrespective of what he or she may treat the situation as. If a person is not bisexual, he or she is simply excluded from our scope simply because he or she is not bisexual. These two groups, with nothing between, allow for no third category.
I'm just saying that unless bisexuals can pair themselves up with real hermaphrodites, they gotta somehow learn to make compromise in a relationship.

just because they like both doesn't mean they can't settle for one. the same way just because ur a straight male that doesn't mean because you like more than one girl ur going to be with all of them unless ur just like that.
So once the bisexuals did managed to settle for one gender over the other, what happens to their disposition of bisexuality as their sexual orientation? When anthropology defines sexual orientation isn't a choice, but preference in mating is.

Furthermore, while the human brain is naturally capable of monogamy in a real romantic love relationship, polygamy OTOH is just an outdated social ritual for males to gain social status and financial recognition by the number of mates he has.
1394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/10
Well, I disagree with you. I think that we are all, in varying degrees, bisexuals. Some very straight people will, at one point, find a fe/male that they really are attracted to, and some very homosexual person will find a girl/guy they might be slightly attracted by.
Posted 4/16/10

orangeflute wrote:

Well, I disagree with you. I think that we are all, in varying degrees, bisexuals. Some very straight people will, at one point, find a fe/male that they really are attracted to, and some very homosexual person will find a girl/guy they might be slightly attracted by.
Do you even know the anthropological definition of sexuality? What you barfed out just completely disregarded all known scientific facts about human sexual orientation, despise the fact that your argument doesn't make any sense.
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/17/10

DomFortress wrote:


dorpeda wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


DerfelCadarn wrote:

Bisexuality is not a fad, it is a sexual orientation and not a matter of choice. The question is poorly worded.
However, since there are publicly expressive members of the bisexual community who are either overwhelmingly swingers or indecisive, it's those individuals who's treating their yet uncertain sexual orientation as an excuse for them not to be committed in a relationship, IMO.

Therefore to them, bisexuality might as well be a fad before they know for themselves just what exactly is their own sexual orientation lies with their choice/preference of partnering.


I understand what you are saying and I agree that it is a good point, but I wouldn't concentrate so much on subjective feelings about the issue. What these people feel is of no relevance. A person is either bisexual or he or she is not. If someone is truly bisexual it cannot be a fad, irrespective of what he or she may treat the situation as. If a person is not bisexual, he or she is simply excluded from our scope simply because he or she is not bisexual. These two groups, with nothing between, allow for no third category.
I'm just saying that unless bisexuals can pair themselves up with real hermaphrodites, they gotta somehow learn to make compromise in a relationship.

just because they like both doesn't mean they can't settle for one. the same way just because ur a straight male that doesn't mean because you like more than one girl ur going to be with all of them unless ur just like that.
So once the bisexuals did managed to settle for one gender over the other, what happens to their disposition of bisexuality as their sexual orientation? When anthropology defines sexual orientation isn't a choice, but preference in mating is.

Furthermore, while the human brain is naturally capable of monogamy in a real romantic love relationship, polygamy OTOH is just an outdated social ritual for males to gain social status and financial recognition by the number of mates he has.


Sorry i didn't mean they actually settle for gender over the other just that they settle for one person, and are perfectly capable of being committed to that person. Yet they still consider themselves bisexual because say if something ever happened to their relationship their array of choices never changes. Not that something should happen to their relationship but that they are always attracted to both genders.

Posted 4/17/10

dorpeda wrote:



Sorry i didn't mean they actually settle for gender over the other just that they settle for one person, and are perfectly capable of being committed to that person. Yet they still consider themselves bisexual because say if something ever happened to their relationship their array of choices never changes. Not that something should happen to their relationship but that they are always attracted to both genders.
Much better. At least this will fulfill both requirements and who knows, it just might be how it works.
396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 4/17/10

DomFortress wrote:


dorpeda wrote:



Sorry i didn't mean they actually settle for gender over the other just that they settle for one person, and are perfectly capable of being committed to that person. Yet they still consider themselves bisexual because say if something ever happened to their relationship their array of choices never changes. Not that something should happen to their relationship but that they are always attracted to both genders.
Much better. At least this will fulfill both requirements and who knows, it just might be how it works.


Yeah I kinda know thats how it works, and I'm not one to be that way just for attention. Only a select few of my friends know plus my bf.
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Davao
Offline
Posted 6/2/10 , edited 6/2/10


I certainly didn't type that because I'm trying to "hate on someone". That was based on my observations and ideas [?]. Lol, I don't give a crap about your opinion so why should I "deal with it" when I don't really care? If you're really so sure that what you're feeling is not some sort of puberty-thingy then fine, whatever. Thanks for the info anyway, at least that widened my outlooks about Bis.

Sorry for the late response.
3692 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 6/7/10
The world is becoming more abstract. Just a few years back, interracial marriages were considered taboo.. and look at us now!
Posted 6/8/10 , edited 6/8/10
I think young people feel that it's a way to "stand out" and "be different," but it is obviously not very different if everyone's 'coming out of the closet.' I don't have a problem with it. It's just your sexual orientation (or at least that's how I believe we should all view it.) What I do have a problem with is people telling me I'm lying about my own sexual orientation just because everyone else is doing it. In doing so, they are making things a bigger deal than they have to be. It does hurt to be told by so many other people that I'm not who I've always been. That being the case, I do not blame those who are falsely claiming to be bisexual. They aren't hurting me. I blame those who are making a big deal about it and can't let it be. A fad is just a fad..most times they disappear, right?
63 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/10
I think we shjould stop labeling ourselves and other people.People often think i'm lesbian but i answer more accuratly.

"I've never been attracted to either sex but if someone of the same sex asked me out i wouldnt reject them just cos of their gender"

So i frequently get labelled anthting from bisexual to asexual.Probably most teens now how homosexuality is more accepted and are open to all options but seriously those who fake it do piss me off.I also think thiose in the gay scene shouldnt ge annoyed with bisexuals after all its far more annoying to have your club invaded by teens than just trying to work it out.

I do object to threesomes though.Relationships should be monogomous even if you are bisexual
Posted 6/19/10
Its just a fad, a name or a generic where people find it hot... the next thing we will know. It will just fade away...
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.