First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Japan Creates Rape Video Game
13258 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / O.C. So.Cal
Offline
Posted 3/30/10 , edited 3/30/10

I can't tell if you're trolling or just being plain stupid
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/30/10



So you have 25 games there, most of which were amended to meet our censorship laws, compared to the thousands of games released in Australia? Pathetic. What you have linked here is exactly what I told you. If anything, there are fewer games here than I thought there would be.

Your useless comments so far have been:

#1: Japan's population is twice that of the USA's (Wrong)
#2: Australians can't play any violent games because of huge amounts of censorship. (Wrong)

Admit you were wrong.
2573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The Newer Jersey
Offline
Posted 3/30/10
Im so......not suprised XD
Posted 3/30/10 , edited 3/30/10


Moral censorship is the removal of materials that are obscene or otherwise morally questionable. Pornography, for example, is often censored under this rationale, especially child pornography, which is censored in most jurisdictions in the world.

Notice the word "censored" and "child pornography" used in the same paragraph.


classickxD wrote:

I think most people are missing the point about the topic. These games were made specifically to target only men. Kids wouldn't be able to access these games unless it was download via bit torrent or any online japan sites that gives free downloads. Basically these games are pretty much visual simulation games but games such as these does not provide any actual evidence to backup the complains people have been saying. Degrading women and depicting them sex objects is not a valid reason to stop gamers from banning these sort of fetishes. Before arguing and spitting words from your heart but not from your brain, you have to think about it, there are people that make these games for a passion. However we cannot judge a group of people from another country that loves making these games less humane than any other people. If these games will cause less criminals to rape people and have fewer spending time in jail, it is more worthwhile to do.


...I'm really trying to understand the logic behind this, but just can't seem to grip it. Either the morals I was taught were wrong or you're just too deep for me.
Posted 3/30/10
I think most people are missing the point about the topic. These games were made specifically to target only men. Kids wouldn't be able to access these games unless it was download via bit torrent or any online japan sites that gives free downloads. Basically these games are pretty much visual simulation games but games such as these does not provide any actual evidence to backup the complains people have been saying. Degrading women and depicting them sex objects is not a valid reason to stop gamers from banning these sort of fetishes. Before arguing and spitting words from your heart but not from your brain, you have to think about it, there are people that make these games for a passion. However we cannot judge a group of people from another country that loves making these games less humane than any other people. If these games will cause less criminals to rape people and have fewer spending time in jail, it is more worthwhile to do.
2181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 3/30/10
And this is new news how?? I heard about rapeplay ages ago, shortly after Equality Now and Agnes Chan hopped up on their MASSIVE soap boxes to say what horrible people the Japanese are to allow such things.

To be honest with you, I wish they'd all just drink a nice hot mug of STFU.

I would ask the raging feminists this: What's worse, the game, or the actual act of rape? Also, don't you people have better things to do, like rushing to the aid of abused and oppressed Muslim women rather than attacking Japan over a video game?
70843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Vana'diel
Offline
Posted 3/30/10
I'm sorry for coming back but why are we talking about Japan again not all of Japan approves of these games.I'm pretty sure a lot of people(if not most)disapprove it as well,just because they aren't doing anything about it doesn't mean they think its ok.You can't say everyone in Japan is a sick pervert thats wrong(kinda being racist really,but actually saying it would be mean).I mean seriously CNN can go shove it,not only are they late,but they just want to expose faults in other countries to make there own look better.
30948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/30/10

otakujohn wrote:

And this is new news how?? I heard about rapeplay ages ago, shortly after Equality Now and Agnes Chan hopped up on their MASSIVE soap boxes to say what horrible people the Japanese are to allow such things.

To be honest with you, I wish they'd all just drink a nice hot mug of STFU.

I would ask the raging feminists this: What's worse, the game, or the actual act of rape? Also, don't you people have better things to do, like rushing to the aid of abused and oppressed Muslim women rather than attacking Japan over a video game?


What a stupid thing to say. Sure, actual rape is worse than a game depicting rape. Is that how we're to classify crimes now? Some would say that rape isn't as bad as murder. Should we drop every rape case on earth to dedicate more resources to finding murderers? Is it OK to assault someone, since that's not as bad as rape OR murder?

The point here is that rape isn't something that should be condoned in ANY amount. Even if you don't condone actual rape, playing a game about rape means you are condoning the idea. Getting off to animated rape is just a legal way to get off to rape.

Posted 3/30/10

LosingOrbit wrote:



Moral censorship is the removal of materials that are obscene or otherwise morally questionable. Pornography, for example, is often censored under this rationale, especially child pornography, which is censored in most jurisdictions in the world.

Notice the word "censored" and "child pornography" used in the same paragraph.


classickxD wrote:

I think most people are missing the point about the topic. These games were made specifically to target only men. Kids wouldn't be able to access these games unless it was download via bit torrent or any online japan sites that gives free downloads. Basically these games are pretty much visual simulation games but games such as these does not provide any actual evidence to backup the complains people have been saying. Degrading women and depicting them sex objects is not a valid reason to stop gamers from banning these sort of fetishes. Before arguing and spitting words from your heart but not from your brain, you have to think about it, there are people that make these games for a passion. However we cannot judge a group of people from another country that loves making these games less humane than any other people. If these games will cause less criminals to rape people and have fewer spending time in jail, it is more worthwhile to do.


...I'm really trying to understand the logic behind this, but just can't seem to grip it. Either the morals I was taught were wrong or you're just too deep for me.


"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" ^_~
Posted 3/30/10

speekma wrote:


otakujohn wrote:

And this is new news how?? I heard about rapeplay ages ago, shortly after Equality Now and Agnes Chan hopped up on their MASSIVE soap boxes to say what horrible people the Japanese are to allow such things.

To be honest with you, I wish they'd all just drink a nice hot mug of STFU.

I would ask the raging feminists this: What's worse, the game, or the actual act of rape? Also, don't you people have better things to do, like rushing to the aid of abused and oppressed Muslim women rather than attacking Japan over a video game?


What a stupid thing to say. Sure, actual rape is worse than a game depicting rape. Is that how we're to classify crimes now? Some would say that rape isn't as bad as murder. Should we drop every rape case on earth to dedicate more resources to finding murderers? Is it OK to assault someone, since that's not as bad as rape OR murder?

The point here is that rape isn't something that should be condoned in ANY amount. Even if you don't condone actual rape, playing a game about rape means you are condoning the idea. Getting off to animated rape is just a legal way to get off to rape.



I don't see any logic in your statement whatsoever. So if a person would to play a shooting game massacring his friends that is playing the same game as he is, we should put this case to court? We can't actually have someone condone on an idea if u can't prove it with facts, neither all those people that play those violent video games are ever considering in the future to start shooting people.
Posted 3/30/10
lol japans always thinking up of new crazy things whats next?
Posted 3/30/10 , edited 3/30/10

classickxD wrote:


LosingOrbit wrote:



Moral censorship is the removal of materials that are obscene or otherwise morally questionable. Pornography, for example, is often censored under this rationale, especially child pornography, which is censored in most jurisdictions in the world.

Notice the word "censored" and "child pornography" used in the same paragraph.


classickxD wrote:

I think most people are missing the point about the topic. These games were made specifically to target only men. Kids wouldn't be able to access these games unless it was download via bit torrent or any online japan sites that gives free downloads. Basically these games are pretty much visual simulation games but games such as these does not provide any actual evidence to backup the complains people have been saying. Degrading women and depicting them sex objects is not a valid reason to stop gamers from banning these sort of fetishes. Before arguing and spitting words from your heart but not from your brain, you have to think about it, there are people that make these games for a passion. However we cannot judge a group of people from another country that loves making these games less humane than any other people. If these games will cause less criminals to rape people and have fewer spending time in jail, it is more worthwhile to do.


...I'm really trying to understand the logic behind this, but just can't seem to grip it. Either the morals I was taught were wrong or you're just too deep for me.


"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" ^_~


But I'd think it would be nice to here from people who were actually raped or sexually assaulted to share their opinion about this material. Don't you think it's a little insensitive?
Posted 3/30/10 , edited 3/30/10
Quite the war we have going on in here. If I have anything to say about games with rape, let the sickos waste their time making software dedicated to their hidden desires. Let them fully immerse themselves in a cycle of misery without an end. Let them rot. Whether or not making some game about rape and other assault isn't justifiable by some standard, they will be made, and worse still will come to pass. If there is an iota of decency left in some people, they will at least consider how their tasteless ideas and miserable worldview might have an undesirable effect on people.
Posted 3/30/10
Okay i took a break for a minute but I will give my opinion on the game, I just downloaded and played this game for a minute. It is really really bad as in the sense, the characters look really horrible, the voice actors are generic and shitty, and you loose if the characters progression in pregnancy progresses to much?? Well Yeah it's a really badly made game I just don't see the point of having any more controversy over it, Cnn must have a really really slow news day to report on an 4 year-old game like this, If anyone hates me that's fine I just wanted to give my opinion on this crap fest of a game.
2181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Seattle, WA
Offline
Posted 3/30/10

speekma wrote:


otakujohn wrote:

And this is new news how?? I heard about rapeplay ages ago, shortly after Equality Now and Agnes Chan hopped up on their MASSIVE soap boxes to say what horrible people the Japanese are to allow such things.

To be honest with you, I wish they'd all just drink a nice hot mug of STFU.

I would ask the raging feminists this: What's worse, the game, or the actual act of rape? Also, don't you people have better things to do, like rushing to the aid of abused and oppressed Muslim women rather than attacking Japan over a video game?


What a stupid thing to say. Sure, actual rape is worse than a game depicting rape. Is that how we're to classify crimes now? Some would say that rape isn't as bad as murder. Should we drop every rape case on earth to dedicate more resources to finding murderers? Is it OK to assault someone, since that's not as bad as rape OR murder?

The point here is that rape isn't something that should be condoned in ANY amount. Even if you don't condone actual rape, playing a game about rape means you are condoning the idea. Getting off to animated rape is just a legal way to get off to rape.



I was going to use the violent movies and video games as an example, but classickxD beat me to it. :)
All I am saying is that reading an obscene manga or playing a video game doesn't equate to the real thing, nor does it equate to any kind of crime. If an individual can't tell right from wrong and is easily lead astray by such material, then they have serious mental problems anyway.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.