First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
The Dual Paradox of Assumption
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 4/11/10 , edited 4/11/10

Glock45 wrote:


*Schizophrenia* lol


Easily amused?


Interesting how every serious, critical response to the topic gets called trolling or ignorance or attacked in some way.
Posted 4/11/10

Yei wrote:


Glock45 wrote:


*Schizophrenia* lol


Easily amused?


Interesting how every serious, critical response to the topic gets called trolling or ignorance or attacked in some way.


I am easily amused at times, it depends on my mood. You at least did not assume that I am easily amused since it was a question you asked. This topic is due for an imminent meltdown.
Posted 4/11/10 , edited 4/11/10

Trunks19 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Trunks19 wrote:

Leave his thread open I dont wish it to be closed. My thing is for threads to be popular people should be allowed to question or give a different side of the OP's opinion. I just found it odd that when one truly is trying to understand the thread so one can be engaged in it is attacked for being stupid and not doing their research. I believe someone can simply things without the person to spend hours to do research in order to participate. So with that said leave this thread open.
Then my question to you is how can you truly teach someone of this mentality? Especially when the instruction was already in plain sight:


Not to mention is the fact that personally I didn't address any CR user with a negative annotation about their individual intellects in the first place.


Dom lets try to be decent so the mods wont lock this thread or even ban us. The way you write Dom I dont know if you noticed it but it is kind of hard to understand and to me it looks like it is over simplified. So far two users came to this thread not having a clue what you are talking about and what you were getting at. One user you claimed to be acting foolish and needs to do their own research when he stated he wasn't trying not to argue with you at all but just get a simple answer out of you.

My suggestion is to write in a way in which many others can understand so we can be engaged in your topics. If not at least answer a simple question without making one feel like they are less intelligent then you are.
Nobody is perfect, and many things we read and see we have questions for them thus we ask to find the answers. I dont want to dwell on this to much longer because it is off topic.
"I'm not here for your scare tactics, or did you think that Chicken Little was an optimist?" -by me

When an intelligent individual is a knowledge seeker, what are those who don't seek out knowledge on their own and just want to be told by others on what to do? Not children nor slaves nor intelligent individuals, that's what.

Furthermore, you claimed that what I wrote were oversimplifying even to you, yet you still aren't here to engage on my topic. While at the same time you identified yourself as one of those who "ask to find the answers", by you using the word "we" instead of "they".

Therefore either you're the one who's hard to understand, or you once again are here to troll.
Yei
9137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 4/11/10 , edited 4/11/10

Glock45 wrote:


Yei wrote:


Glock45 wrote:


*Schizophrenia* lol


Easily amused?


Interesting how every serious, critical response to the topic gets called trolling or ignorance or attacked in some way.


I am easily amused at times, it depends on my mood. You at least did not assume that I am easily amused since it was a question you asked. This topic is due for an imminent meltdown.


It was just because it seemed pretty random, and there was lots of other more amusing stuff in the post (IMO).

The topic's pretty straight forward, so I don't know how it could melt down unless people overcomplicated things or get too serious.
Posted 4/11/10 , edited 4/11/10

DomFortress wrote:
"I'm not here for your scare tactics, or did you think that Chicken Little was an optimist?" -by me


Do you have a list of your best quotes or something like that? Cause this stuff is gold.
52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/10 , edited 4/11/10

DomFortress wrote:


Trunks19 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Trunks19 wrote:

Leave his thread open I dont wish it to be closed. My thing is for threads to be popular people should be allowed to question or give a different side of the OP's opinion. I just found it odd that when one truly is trying to understand the thread so one can be engaged in it is attacked for being stupid and not doing their research. I believe someone can simply things without the person to spend hours to do research in order to participate. So with that said leave this thread open.
Then my question to you is how can you truly teach someone of this mentality? Especially when the instruction was already in plain sight:


Not to mention is the fact that personally I didn't address any CR user with a negative annotation about their individual intellects in the first place.


Dom lets try to be decent so the mods wont lock this thread or even ban us. The way you write Dom I dont know if you noticed it but it is kind of hard to understand and to me it looks like it is over simplified. So far two users came to this thread not having a clue what you are talking about and what you were getting at. One user you claimed to be acting foolish and needs to do their own research when he stated he wasn't trying not to argue with you at all but just get a simple answer out of you.

My suggestion is to write in a way in which many others can understand so we can be engaged in your topics. If not at least answer a simple question without making one feel like they are less intelligent then you are.
Nobody is perfect, and many things we read and see we have questions for them thus we ask to find the answers. I dont want to dwell on this to much longer because it is off topic.
"I'm not here for your scare tactics, or did you think that Chicken Little was an optimist?" -by me

When an intelligent individual is a knowledge seeker, what are those who don't seek out knowledge on their own and just want to be told by others on what to do? Not children nor slaves nor intelligent individuals, that's what.

Furthermore, you claimed that what I wrote were oversimplifying even to you, yet you still aren't here to engage on my topic. While at the same time you identified yourself as one of those who "ask to find the answers", by you using the word "we" instead of "they".

Therefore either you're the one who's hard to understand, or you once again are here to troll.


"I'm not here to scare anybody, but Chicken Little was a gangsta" - by me


When I say we I am talking in general so everyone can feel comfortable coming to this thread without feeling as if we are stupid we have a difference of opinion or have a minor question for you to just simply so we can join in on your thread and make it more interesting. I understand what you are saying but it just annoys me when someone tries to talk to you and you go off on them for no reason. It is not like what they are saying is insulting, you just do that to feel superior.

Your making what me and you are talking about into something entirely different. It isn't like someone is asking you for answers to a test or for you to do their homework. Just a simple question for you to break the thread down into simpler terms because if he/she read your links still doesn't understand then it is only right to ask the OP who started the thread what he is talking about. Your not holding anyone's hand or telling them what to do. As a child you have lots of questions do you not? Do you not expect your parents to answer any of them. What if you are 3 years old and you ask, "Daddy what is that shiny bright thing in the sky?" Do you give your 3 year old a science book and tell him to read it and find out for himself? What if he cant read you still just dont answer to easy damn question for him? You belittle him, make him look like a fool? No you answer the question then when he gets older you can direct him to some more sources so he can further learn about the sun.
Posted 4/11/10
Dom is superior. Look at what he's done to us all with how we've assumed that he is some sort of narcissist. xD
Posted 4/11/10 , edited 4/11/10

RisingEchoe wrote:


DomFortress wrote:
"I'm not here for your scare tactics, or did you think that Chicken Little was an optimist?" -by me


Do you have a list of your best quotes or something like that? Cause this stuff is gold.
I would much prefer you to stay on topic, when this thread isn't about myself nor my quote. Which reminds me:

RisingEchoe wrote:

Isn't quoting yourself is a sign of skitzophrenia?

ok, so the "dual paradox of assumption" is just when someone is being irrational because they are ignorant or generalizing. That's a pretty simple concept, I don't know why you have to make it seem like it's so complicated.

So this whole goddamn topic is just about people being irrational? This is not that complex of a topic, what is all this other unnecessary crap you put in.

Ok, I agree, lots of people are irrational for various reasons.
I think you just lost touch on reality via you overgeneralizing my topic:

Schizophrenia

Definition

Schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder (or a group of disorders) marked by severely impaired thinking, emotions, and behaviors. Schizophrenic patients are typically unable to filter sensory stimuli and may have enhanced perceptions of sounds, colors, and other features of their environment. Most schizophrenics, if untreated, gradually withdraw from interactions with other people, and lose their ability to take care of personal needs and grooming.

The prevalence of schizophrenia is thought to be about 1% of the population around the world; it is thus more common than diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, or multiple sclerosis. In the United States and Canada, patients with schizophrenia fill about 25% of all hospital beds. The disorder is considered to be one of the top ten causes of long-term disability worldwide.

Disorganized
Disorganized schizophrenia (formerly called hebephrenic schizophrenia) is marked by disorganized speech, thinking, and behavior on the patient's part, coupled with flat or inappropriate emotional responses to a situation (affect). The patient may act silly or withdraw socially to an extreme extent. Most patients in this category have weak personality structures prior to their initial acute psychotic episode.(citation)



Trunks19 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Trunks19 wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


Trunks19 wrote:

Leave his thread open I dont wish it to be closed. My thing is for threads to be popular people should be allowed to question or give a different side of the OP's opinion. I just found it odd that when one truly is trying to understand the thread so one can be engaged in it is attacked for being stupid and not doing their research. I believe someone can simply things without the person to spend hours to do research in order to participate. So with that said leave this thread open.
Then my question to you is how can you truly teach someone of this mentality? Especially when the instruction was already in plain sight:


Not to mention is the fact that personally I didn't address any CR user with a negative annotation about their individual intellects in the first place.


Dom lets try to be decent so the mods wont lock this thread or even ban us. The way you write Dom I dont know if you noticed it but it is kind of hard to understand and to me it looks like it is over simplified. So far two users came to this thread not having a clue what you are talking about and what you were getting at. One user you claimed to be acting foolish and needs to do their own research when he stated he wasn't trying not to argue with you at all but just get a simple answer out of you.

My suggestion is to write in a way in which many others can understand so we can be engaged in your topics. If not at least answer a simple question without making one feel like they are less intelligent then you are.
Nobody is perfect, and many things we read and see we have questions for them thus we ask to find the answers. I dont want to dwell on this to much longer because it is off topic.
"I'm not here for your scare tactics, or did you think that Chicken Little was an optimist?" -by me

When an intelligent individual is a knowledge seeker, what are those who don't seek out knowledge on their own and just want to be told by others on what to do? Not children nor slaves nor intelligent individuals, that's what.

Furthermore, you claimed that what I wrote were oversimplifying even to you, yet you still aren't here to engage on my topic. While at the same time you identified yourself as one of those who "ask to find the answers", by you using the word "we" instead of "they".

Therefore either you're the one who's hard to understand, or you once again are here to troll.


"I'm not here to scare anybody, but Chicken Little was a gangsta" - by me


When I say we I am talking in general so everyone can feel comfortable coming to this thread without feeling as if we are stupid we have a difference of opinion or have a minor question for you to just simply so we can join in on your thread and make it more interesting. I understand what you are saying but it just annoys me when someone tries to talk to you and you go off on them for no reason. It is not like what they are saying is insulting, you just do that to feel superior.

Your making what me and you are talking about into something entirely different. It isn't like someone is asking you for answers to a test or for you to do their homework. Just a simple question for you to break the thread down into simpler terms because if he/she read your links still doesn't understand then it is only right to ask the OP who started the thread what he is talking about. Your not holding anyone's hand or telling them what to do. As a child you have lots of questions do you not? Do you not expect your parents to answer any of them. What if you are 3 years old and you ask, "Daddy what is that shiny bright thing in the sky?" Do you give your 3 year old a science book and tell him to read it and find out for himself? What if he cant read you still just dont answer to easy damn question for him? You belittle him, make him look like a fool? No you answer the question then when he gets older you can direct him to some more sources so he can further learn about the sun.
Ironically, reading and figuring out scientific theories on my own was exactly what I did when I was a kid. When my school couldn't even provide me with what I've already known through my own efforts.

Therefore as long as we're all intelligent individuals here, I shouldn't be doing your intelligence for you.

However that being said, was all those ranting of yours necessary to make a point? Or were you simply being off-topic again?
Posted 4/11/10 , edited 4/11/10

Yei wrote:


Glock45 wrote:


Yei wrote:


Glock45 wrote:


*Schizophrenia* lol


Easily amused?


Interesting how every serious, critical response to the topic gets called trolling or ignorance or attacked in some way.


I am easily amused at times, it depends on my mood. You at least did not assume that I am easily amused since it was a question you asked. This topic is due for an imminent meltdown.


It was just because it seemed pretty random, and there was lots of other more amusing stuff in the post (IMO).

The topic's pretty straight forward, so I don't know how it could melt down unless people overcomplicated things or get too serious.


Things have gotten pretty hectic in the forums, as we've seen. My assumption was based on that.

And with RisingEchoe, I can more so than assume he is a troll by having misspelled schizophrenia, and by his chosen avatar; Anonymous (which is often a troll) that we can observe in 4chan's abysmal and hilarious cesspool.
52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/11/10
You asked me a question so I responded. I told you I didnt want to dwell on it because it was going off topic so the matter has been address now you guys may continue on with the thread.
Posted 4/11/10

DomFortress wrote:

RisingEchoe wrote:

Isn't quoting yourself is a sign of skitzophrenia?

ok, so the "dual paradox of assumption" is just when someone is being irrational because they are ignorant or generalizing. That's a pretty simple concept, I don't know why you have to make it seem like it's so complicated.

So this whole goddamn topic is just about people being irrational? This is not that complex of a topic, what is all this other unnecessary crap you put in.

Ok, I agree, lots of people are irrational for various reasons.
I think you just lost touch on reality via you overgeneralizing my topic.

I think you're the one that's lost touch with reality, via trying to overcomplicate a straight-forward topic. You've fallen for the same irrationality you've described in the topic.
Posted 4/11/10

RisingEchoe wrote:
I think you're the one that's lost touch with reality, via trying to overcomplicate a straight-forward topic. You've fallen for the same irrationality you've described in the topic.
And what's your proof for your claim once again not at my topic, but instead at my person? How was my assumption being one of careless ignorance or over generalization? Thereby identifies me as an irrational individual via my own theory of "dual paradox of assumption". Especially when this was your initial assumption towards my proofs:

RisingEchoe wrote:
Your links are pretty useless, I'm not gonna watch a random 20 minute vid every time I reach a new word.
Posted 4/11/10

DomFortress wrote:


RisingEchoe wrote:
I think you're the one that's lost touch with reality, via trying to overcomplicate a straight-forward topic. You've fallen for the same irrationality you've described in the topic.
And what's your proof for your claim once again not at my topic, but instead at my person? How was my assumption being one of careless ignorance or over generalization? Thereby identifies me as an irrational individual via my own theory of "dual paradox of assumption".


You're the one who didn't provide evidence for your claims, by simply generalizing:


I think you just lost touch on reality via you overgeneralizing my topic


Your careless assumption was that you could just make blanketing statements like this and think you've made a rational argument.
Posted 4/11/10
Let's break it down. Dual Paradox: double the complete inability of an observer to distinguish a singularity from nothing since both are defined as having no relative quality.
Posted 4/11/10

RisingEchoe wrote:


DomFortress wrote:


RisingEchoe wrote:
I think you're the one that's lost touch with reality, via trying to overcomplicate a straight-forward topic. You've fallen for the same irrationality you've described in the topic.
And what's your proof for your claim once again not at my topic, but instead at my person? How was my assumption being one of careless ignorance or over generalization? Thereby identifies me as an irrational individual via my own theory of "dual paradox of assumption".


You're the one who didn't provide evidence for your claims, by simply generalizing:


I think you just lost touch on reality via you overgeneralizing my topic


Your careless assumption was that you could just make blanketing statements like this and think you've made a rational argument.
Does that has anything to do with you purposefully left this out from my initial reply for the second time?
You've also left this out from my last reply:
And when I referred you being overgeneralizing, I meant this:

RisingEchoe wrote:

Isn't quoting yourself is a sign of skitzophrenia?

ok, so the "dual paradox of assumption" is just when someone is being irrational because they are ignorant or generalizing. That's a pretty simple concept, I don't know why you have to make it seem like it's so complicated.

So this whole goddamn topic is just about people being irrational? This is not that complex of a topic, what is all this other unnecessary crap you put in.

Ok, I agree, lots of people are irrational for various reasons.
Keep in mind that ignoring factual proofs in your own decision making process is the same as you unable to filter sensory stimuli, due to your disorganized method of you filter out facts from your own bias opinions.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.