First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
UK Dangerous Cartoons Act
3488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 4/7/10
"Non-photographic" sounds more like literature, not anime.
59240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/7/10

blue_banana wrote:

Doesn't really affect me seeing I'm not really into that stuff but isn't "non-photographic visual depictions of child sexual abuse" a bit vague? I can see a lot of trouble drawing the line with these sort of things.

Maybe we can get away with a caption saying "no actual children were harmed in the production of this footage"


Thankfully it's not vague in what it has to show (it does have to be explicit). So it should (hopefully) only effect age restricted stuff.
And it's 11 Eyes and School Days that are on here that would be at risk.

Correct in it possibly making all sites like 4chan a no go zone. You have to basically avoid any fanart or doujin of any character under 18 (that's most of it).

Posted 4/7/10

reaper_g wrote:


blue_banana wrote:

Doesn't really affect me seeing I'm not really into that stuff but isn't "non-photographic visual depictions of child sexual abuse" a bit vague? I can see a lot of trouble drawing the line with these sort of things.

Maybe we can get away with a caption saying "no actual children were harmed in the production of this footage"


Thankfully it's not vague in what it has to show (it does have to be explicit). So it should (hopefully) only effect age restricted stuff.
And it's 11 Eyes and School Days that are on here that would be at risk.

Correct in it possibly making all sites like 4chan a no go zone. You have to basically avoid any fanart or doujin of any character under 18 (that's most of it).



acutally if falls to anime with any character under the age of 18 that is in a sexual decpection that would go for sugo chara, Omamori Himari Hayate no Gotoku !!, Girl's High,Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu well the list goes on and on
20150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/8/10 , edited 4/8/10
As outraged as I am by this, and believe me I am outraged, I don’t think we’ll see it being enforced very harshly except in quite specific contexts. Someone watching the odd ecchi anime is probably going to be Ok, it’s more likely someone with a hard drive full of underage hentai that might be in trouble. Really the law has only been pushed through off of the back of recent paranoia about child sex offenders anyway.

The slippery slopeness of this does worry me though. The fact that this has come off of the back of stupid paranoia about children suggests that there is the potential for someone to take this law and go further than it. I do not like this law being on the statute books at all. I’m not personally interested in lolis and don’t make a point of watching them, but I won’t avoid them just because they’re part of the substance of a good anime show. What if someone decides that Haruhi is inappropriate because haruhi feels up Mikuru and there are close-ups of her breasts. What age are they supposed to be and is that appropriate? I don’t care personally, I don’t watch it because I find it sexually arousing (though I wouldn’t care if somebody did), I watch it for a variety of reasons…. Currently Haruhi would be protected under law because it passed censorship etc etc but that could change and the door is open for it to.

I’m not a big viewer of hentai but that doesn’t mean that I never have viewed it and I’ve probably looked at Eva porn or something. To me, that kind of thing is just hilarious as opposed to really arousing, but I’m so far from thinking that someone who just happened to view that stuff were in the same ball park as someone who wanted to abuse children it’s untrue. This all stems from the fact that most people are thoroughly ignorant as to what anime/manga is actually about and why people watch/read it. let’s just go back to judging sex offenders who have taken it upon themselves to molest children or who routinely view images of children who have been molested and abused in order to create those images, shall we?
39051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
lol i feel bad for you all liveing in the uk
59240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/8/10 , edited 4/8/10

CecilTheDarkKnight_234 wrote:


reaper_g wrote:


blue_banana wrote:

Doesn't really affect me seeing I'm not really into that stuff but isn't "non-photographic visual depictions of child sexual abuse" a bit vague? I can see a lot of trouble drawing the line with these sort of things.

Maybe we can get away with a caption saying "no actual children were harmed in the production of this footage"


Thankfully it's not vague in what it has to show (it does have to be explicit). So it should (hopefully) only effect age restricted stuff.
And it's 11 Eyes and School Days that are on here that would be at risk.

Correct in it possibly making all sites like 4chan a no go zone. You have to basically avoid any fanart or doujin of any character under 18 (that's most of it).



acutally if falls to anime with any character under the age of 18 that is in a sexual decpection that would go for sugo chara, Omamori Himari Hayate no Gotoku !!, Girl's High,Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu well the list goes on and on



(b) falls within subsection (6), and

Nope only Nogizaka Haruka no Himitzu purreza (not the first season) would even come close.
It has to be sexually explicit (fall within subsecton 6). No TV anime at all shoud be affected, manga and DVDs (not UK ones) on the other hand would be.
14978 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 4/8/10 , edited 4/8/10
Should I be glad I don't live in England anymore? I don't even BOTHER with all this shitfuck. Stupidly, I have no clue of what TYPE of manga I read at all!

The UK has WAY too many rules ._. End of story.
2179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / NW England
Offline
Posted 4/8/10

GundamMeister100 wrote:

As outraged as I am by this, and believe me I am outraged, I don’t think we’ll see it being enforced very harshly except in quite specific contexts. Someone watching the odd ecchi anime is probably going to be Ok, it’s more likely someone with a hard drive full of underage hentai that might be in trouble. Really the law has only been pushed through off of the back of recent paranoia about child sex offenders anyway.

The slippery slopeness of this does worry me though. The fact that this has come off of the back of stupid paranoia about children suggests that there is the potential for someone to take this law and go further than it. I do not like this law being on the statute books at all. I’m not personally interested in lolis and don’t make a point of watching them, but I won’t avoid them just because they’re part of the substance of a good anime show. What if someone decides that Haruhi is inappropriate because haruhi feels up Mikuru and there are close-ups of her breasts. What age are they supposed to be and is that appropriate? I don’t care personally, I don’t watch it because I find it sexually arousing (though I wouldn’t care if somebody did), I watch it for a variety of reasons…. Currently Haruhi would be protected under law because it passed censorship etc etc but that could change and the door is open for it to.

I’m not a big viewer of hentai but that doesn’t mean that I never have viewed it and I’ve probably looked at Eva porn or something. To me, that kind of thing is just hilarious as opposed to really arousing, but I’m so far from thinking that someone who just happened to view that stuff were in the same ball park as someone who wanted to abuse children it’s untrue. This all stems from the fact that most people are thoroughly ignorant as to what anime/manga is actually about and why people watch/read it. let’s just go back to judging sex offenders who have taken it upon themselves to molest children or who routinely view images of children who have been molested and abused in order to create those images, shall we?


Most likely that's far too much like common sense for this country mate
3488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Chapel Hill, N.C
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
The U.K has had a strange history with censorship. In the 1980's, there was this panic with so-called "Video Nasties", mostly low budget horror films from the US and Italy with high violence and gore content that got released on VHS. Some got banned, some got released with cuts. Over the years however, things got more laxed and a number of these films got released uncut on DVD in more recent years. Perhaps this new law will get watered down to only ban hentai with minors, although I also wonder if this law also goes after manga and anime that depicts minors in violent and dangerous situations (not overtly sexual) like "Battle Royale" and "Gunslinger Girl".
75005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 5/6/10
It only took the UK 7 years to catch up with the USA. Americans might want to check out the PROTECT Act and the Christopher Handley case before being critical of the UK.
Posted 5/6/10
Well I'm glad I don't live in England I would be labled a habitual pedobear no doubt.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.