First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Impressions on Mayoi Neko Overrun!
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 4/7/10
Well this anime seems to have potential to be a decent comedy, not to mention that it has probably the biggest Tsundere that you have ever SEEN! Heck she is even voiced by the seiyuu who does Hinamori Amu from Shugo Chara which will certainly turn on some switch in peoples minds. Anyway so it seems we have a normal main character, his 2 sidekick male buds, and Tsundere girl who works in the cake store along with the main character, some rich snobby girl, an older sister who runs the cake shop, and the newly appeared cat girl. I I think this show has a pretty good set up. We might even get some side character romance maybe. Always good to see an Otaku side character in any anime.
I dont think this anime will be close to being the best comedy this year but I think its gona be a great show for the comedy/romance genre type shows.

So what are your thoughts on this show?
Posted 4/7/10
I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 4/7/10

ExternalConsole wrote:

I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.


Im guessing that was because of the panty shots in the beginning. This anime really wasnt made to be an ecchi anime so believe me, there arent that many panty shots. If you have nothing else to do/watch, I suggest giving the first episode a chance
Posted 4/7/10

superluccix wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:

I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.


Im guessing that was because of the panty shots in the beginning. This anime really wasnt made to be an ecchi anime so believe me, there arent that many panty shots. If you have nothing else to do/watch, I suggest giving the first episode a chance


It just seemed too generic, if you know what I mean, but I'll give it a second chance.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 4/7/10
Well if Generic you mean not top of the line quality as far as this shows seems, then yes thats true. Or if you mean that this kind of plot and characters and whatever are common then yes thats true too. I guess the only thing I can say to back this anime up is that for each year that passes, the originality of animes will either stay the same or get lower, since everytime there is a new idea, thats 1 less new idea to be had for all other animes (If that makes any sense). But yea your totally right, its not that great but Ill still be watching it considering there isnt much other comedy out there at the moment.
338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/7/10

ExternalConsole wrote:


superluccix wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:

I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.


Im guessing that was because of the panty shots in the beginning. This anime really wasnt made to be an ecchi anime so believe me, there arent that many panty shots. If you have nothing else to do/watch, I suggest giving the first episode a chance


It just seemed too generic, if you know what I mean, but I'll give it a second chance.


So it takes you one minute to determine if an anime is too generic? That doesn't make any sense.
20222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/7/10
I watched it last night. It's just another harem-themed anime, nothing special. But at least it's not as bad as Omamori Himari, which was the worst anime I've seen in years. Could they make something more cliche and boring than Omamori Himari? No, I don't think so.

I really like the fat cat though, the only thing that kept me watching.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 4/7/10
Yea its nothing special, there arent too many gems this year. And of course Ill agree on the Omamori Himari show. I was officially pissed off when she beat Tama-san in 2 freaking hits. SO lame and cliche that show was.

I kinda like this anime because of how they have the most extreme Tsundere I have ever seen. Not many animes make it 120% clear to viewers that they have a Tsundere. And I wouldnt be so fast to claim this a Harem show yet. There are 2 male sidekicks. Though if this does turn out to be a Harem show, nothing special will happen to them, but if they do end up in some side character romance, then my opinion of this show will sky rocket and the suggestion of this being a Harem will be gone as well. Anyway Ill still be watching this
Posted 4/7/10

Time4SomeAnime wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:


superluccix wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:

I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.


Im guessing that was because of the panty shots in the beginning. This anime really wasnt made to be an ecchi anime so believe me, there arent that many panty shots. If you have nothing else to do/watch, I suggest giving the first episode a chance


It just seemed too generic, if you know what I mean, but I'll give it a second chance.


So it takes you one minute to determine if an anime is too generic? That doesn't make any sense.


Come back when you've watched the first minute of the episode.
32541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/7/10
The 2nd opening scene shows a typical male character who gets woken up by a cute girl and he "accidentally" catches a peak at her pantsu; thereby, causing the cute girl to react violently and calling him an idiot. It doesn't get any more cliche than this.

In any case, I didn't mind this scene too much but I felt this entire first episode was trying to pull itself in too many directions and introduce too many elements. Instead of introducing a new character per episode it seems like they were trying to introduce the entire cast in one go. I hate when an anime does this because it becomes hard to find a character to relate to. I hope the 2nd episode is more sensible.

Although I have to say, the most annoying character for me would be the otaku side character because of how horrible his voice sounds and I'm also not a fan of his gimmick. I'm hoping we don't get to see him too much.
47115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Arnold Maryland
Offline
Posted 4/7/10
Well, I know we can all complain about how an anime can get too common, but lets understand this, every year, the ability for animes to be more Original diminishes, its just a pure fact. So like in 10 years from now, every frigging plot to any anime will not be original at all since there have been ones before that, so using my logic right there, I could never hate an anime for having the same common theme to it as other animes. The content of the anime will be different from others and thats what we should be looking for really.
338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/7/10

ExternalConsole wrote:


Time4SomeAnime wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:


superluccix wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:

I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.


Im guessing that was because of the panty shots in the beginning. This anime really wasnt made to be an ecchi anime so believe me, there arent that many panty shots. If you have nothing else to do/watch, I suggest giving the first episode a chance


It just seemed too generic, if you know what I mean, but I'll give it a second chance.


So it takes you one minute to determine if an anime is too generic? That doesn't make any sense.


Come back when you've watched the first minute of the episode.


I already have. What you say still doesn't make any sense. I mean your reasons for not finishing it is too glib. It's too broad and can easily be applied to anything. I mean if there was a specific reason for it then I would understand, but a minute isn't enough time to declare something 'generic'. I haven't read any of your other posts beyond the one I'm quoting, but I haven't seen anything specific. Doesn't make sense. Just something you decided to apply to this anime.

I can guess it has something to do with the person crying at the beginning or the rude awakening. Those are my two guesses.
Posted 4/7/10 , edited 4/7/10

Time4SomeAnime wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:


Time4SomeAnime wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:


superluccix wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:

I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.


Im guessing that was because of the panty shots in the beginning. This anime really wasnt made to be an ecchi anime so believe me, there arent that many panty shots. If you have nothing else to do/watch, I suggest giving the first episode a chance


It just seemed too generic, if you know what I mean, but I'll give it a second chance.


So it takes you one minute to determine if an anime is too generic? That doesn't make any sense.


Come back when you've watched the first minute of the episode.


I already have. What you say still doesn't make any sense. I mean your reasons for not finishing it is too glib. It's too broad and can easily be applied to anything. I mean if there was a specific reason for it then I would understand, but a minute isn't enough time to declare something 'generic'. I haven't read any of your other posts beyond the one I'm quoting, but I haven't seen anything specific. Doesn't make sense. Just something you decided to apply to this anime.

I can guess it has something to do with the person crying at the beginning or the rude awakening. Those are my two guesses.


You do not find a character being woken up by a girl and seeing her panties by the main male character generic, at all?


338 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 4/7/10

ExternalConsole wrote:


Time4SomeAnime wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:


Time4SomeAnime wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:


superluccix wrote:


ExternalConsole wrote:

I watched the first minute of it, then it was in the drop bin for me.


Im guessing that was because of the panty shots in the beginning. This anime really wasnt made to be an ecchi anime so believe me, there arent that many panty shots. If you have nothing else to do/watch, I suggest giving the first episode a chance


It just seemed too generic, if you know what I mean, but I'll give it a second chance.


So it takes you one minute to determine if an anime is too generic? That doesn't make any sense.


Come back when you've watched the first minute of the episode.


I already have. What you say still doesn't make any sense. I mean your reasons for not finishing it is too glib. It's too broad and can easily be applied to anything. I mean if there was a specific reason for it then I would understand, but a minute isn't enough time to declare something 'generic'. I haven't read any of your other posts beyond the one I'm quoting, but I haven't seen anything specific. Doesn't make sense. Just something you decided to apply to this anime.

I can guess it has something to do with the person crying at the beginning or the rude awakening. Those are my two guesses.


You do not find a character being woken up by a girl and seeing her panties by the main male character generic, at all?




Well I know it's happened before.

Well I guess I can see where your coming from.
6171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
well i agree the "good morning panty shot" is a lil to over done i think the rest has a fairly decent set up keeping it on my watch list for the moment the next episode will likely decide its final fate
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.