First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Is Music getting Eviler?
4216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
I've noticed a change in music since the start of this year. Did anyone else notice that regardless of the genre the music of today well atleast in the western hemisphere has an erie tone behind it or am I just pariniod.
6778 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under the Starry...
Offline
Posted 4/8/10 , edited 4/8/10
maybe its just.... different

btw wrong section
3405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
eviler? might be
Posted 4/8/10
aaaa .,., dunno O___O
it is ?
Posted 4/8/10 , edited 4/8/10

cha1nsawyofac3 wrote:

I've noticed a change in music since the start of this year. Did anyone else notice that regardless of the genre the music of today well atleast in the western hemisphere has an erie tone behind it or am I just pariniod.


In western side today, it's lyrical-challenging. It doesn't take much effort anymore to "make a song." Rappers can't make a song without adding a few curse words in them. I admit, curse words make the song good. But dammit, they are curse words. Everyone can say that.
Add some metaphors in the lyrics, man. Make the song more intellectually sound. Make a story that everyone can relate.

Chris Rock actually demonstrated it how easy to make a song based on the rappers' caliber today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEG80UsDWU&feature=related

Jay-Z is not even trying anymore. A little random sentence here, a little random sentence there. Voila! A hit.
The hell.

I don't know how Jay-Z's "New York" became a hit. Too many random phrases just to make them rhyme. =T


"Woman who likes rap don't give a fuck. If the beat is alright, she'll dance all night."

20150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
I was getting quite a happy la-de-da vibe from it myself. Maybe I should stop listening to Morning Musume?
Posted 4/8/10 , edited 4/8/10

GundamMeister100 wrote:

I was getting quite a happy la-de-da vibe from it myself. Maybe I should stop listening to Morning Musume?


Morning Musume is dead without Nacchi and the original members till Ai Kago. =P
4216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/8/10

kyoukoujin wrote:


cha1nsawyofac3 wrote:

I've noticed a change in music since the start of this year. Did anyone else notice that regardless of the genre the music of today well atleast in the western hemisphere has an erie tone behind it or am I just pariniod.


In western side today, it's lyrical-challenging. It doesn't take much effort anymore to "make a song." Rappers can't make a song without adding a few curse words in them. I admit, curse words make the song good. But dammit, they are curse words. Everyone can say that.
Add some metaphors in the lyrics, man. Make the song more intellectually sound. Make a story that everyone can relate.

Chris Rock actually demonstrated it how easy to make a song based on the rappers' caliber today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwEG80UsDWU&feature=related

Jay-Z is not even trying anymore. A little random sentence here, a little random sentence there. Voila! A hit.
The hell.

I don't know how Jay-Z's "New York" became a hit. Too many random phrases just to make them rhyme. =T


"Woman who likes rap don't give a fuck. If the beat is alright, she'll dance all night."



it's not even that ppl well rappers are starting to rap about stealing souls from listeners wtf????
67347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
With material relating to sex, violence, drugs, etc., entertainment as whole could be getting worse.
12412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
i don think so, but if ya mean d lyrics r gettin darker dat's better

i luv dark lyrics
19849 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
69 / M / Limbo
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
Lyrics have always been dark as shit. You've just been listening to the wrong stuff, probably that mainstream crap. Look up horror core rap and like black metal shit. Its crazy stuff.
6240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / shitty england
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
mmm. i haven't noticed any songs on the radio about mass murder or pedophiles lately..
2576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
115 / At 15 cm.of reali...
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
lol love the Chris Rock video
314 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / US
Offline
Posted 4/8/10
Sounds like you've been reading/hearing about the illuminati satanic conspiracy stuff lol. I don't think it's getting eviler, but it is definitely getting dumbed down.
6511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 4/8/10 , edited 4/8/10
There's been "dark" music since the 70's. Just this year, you serious?
Got a playlist for you, this isn't even metal. It's electronic pop, most of it is dark and done years before: http://www.playlist.com/playlist/16320853515/standalone

Shove it on random. And so what, it's dark. Perhaps if the world weren't f*cked up such music wouldn't arise pointing out the fact.

(Edit: there's been dark music for hundreds of years. Hell in Europe polyphony was considered evil for a a long time. FFS, shut up.)
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.