First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Guild Wars 2 will replace WoW?
28114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 2/23/11
Ive been playing MMO's since around 2000. Played countless mmo's and joined the GW frenzy when it came out and me and my group all quit the mmo we were playing to join it. We were die hard players for nearly a year until we more or less just all quit playing cause wed done everything we could. I have played WoW and to be quite honest i was not impressed. The majority (or so it seems) of the community there are nothing but raging 12 year olds who need a beating for how they talk to others. Atleast on GW in the entire time i played i never had that issue.

I believe both games are good in their own rights to different people for various reasons. What decides an MMO for me is the community followed by the games economy. I didnt like the community or economy(buy wow gold here bs) of WoW cause i have better things to do then argue with a child over a GAME. People seem to forget as addicted as you may be. Its a game. The computer goes off, you dont die, and life goes on.
31045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/19/11
GW2 will take over the mmo world- WoW is a dieng turd i have played WoW it sucks it truely does if it only takes you one week to go from 1-80 something is wrong with the game
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 4/24/11

quinsieVll wrote:

GW2 will take over the mmo world- WoW is a dieng turd i have played WoW it sucks it truely does if it only takes you one week to go from 1-80 something is wrong with the game


uhhh no it wont WoW will not die people have invested too much money to let it die Blizzard's new MMO "Titan" is going to help boost it too

and honestly let them keep WoW and all its players its far better if they just stay there instead of migrating to GW2
31045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/25/11

uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:

GW2 will take over the mmo world- WoW is a dieng turd i have played WoW it sucks it truely does if it only takes you one week to go from 1-80 something is wrong with the game


uhhh no it wont WoW will not die people have invested too much money to let it die Blizzard's new MMO "Titan" is going to help boost it too

and honestly let them keep WoW and all its players its far better if they just stay there instead of migrating to GW2



WoW is old and unless they will update the whole game's graphics newwer mmo's with new inavations are going to kill WoW
how long it might take its up to other people but it will die and i think blissard with come out with a new mmo and stop making expasions for WoW but leave it open to all who still want to play, but soon it wont be the top of mmo's for much longer
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 4/25/11

quinsieVll wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:

GW2 will take over the mmo world- WoW is a dieng turd i have played WoW it sucks it truely does if it only takes you one week to go from 1-80 something is wrong with the game


uhhh no it wont WoW will not die people have invested too much money to let it die Blizzard's new MMO "Titan" is going to help boost it too

and honestly let them keep WoW and all its players its far better if they just stay there instead of migrating to GW2



WoW is old and unless they will update the whole game's graphics newwer mmo's with new inavations are going to kill WoW
how long it might take its up to other people but it will die and i think blissard with come out with a new mmo and stop making expasions for WoW but leave it open to all who still want to play, but soon it wont be the top of mmo's for much longer


if it were about graphics runescape would have been dead long ago....

theres at least 2 more expansions for wow left so ive heard
31045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/25/11

uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:

GW2 will take over the mmo world- WoW is a dieng turd i have played WoW it sucks it truely does if it only takes you one week to go from 1-80 something is wrong with the game


uhhh no it wont WoW will not die people have invested too much money to let it die Blizzard's new MMO "Titan" is going to help boost it too

and honestly let them keep WoW and all its players its far better if they just stay there instead of migrating to GW2



WoW is old and unless they will update the whole game's graphics newwer mmo's with new inavations are going to kill WoW
how long it might take its up to other people but it will die and i think blissard with come out with a new mmo and stop making expasions for WoW but leave it open to all who still want to play, but soon it wont be the top of mmo's for much longer


if it were about graphics runescape would have been dead long ago....

theres at least 2 more expansions for wow left so ive heard


Runescape.......barff, but for a mmo that is free to play its ok but if i am paying 15 bucks a month and have to buy 50$ expansions, i would go for a game that is up to the bar on graphics not a 5 year eyesore from the past, and that were guild wars 2 come in, one guild wars 2 is a one time buy it has new inavated play style while WoW on all the sever i played on between the lvls 30-70 there is no one around for miles that is why they had to open up cross sever doungons, and WoW also creates hate between player who are fighting for nodes for whatever they need to make items. Guild wars 2 on the other hand is not like this it is set up to bring a sever closer togeather then split it apart that why GW2 will have sever VS sever VS sever PvP, guild wars knows how to do PvP and with the new PvE being open to every one not like gw1 were u could only go in groups. guild wars 2will make fatal blow to WoW taht will start its down fall
114162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 4/25/11

quinsieVll wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:

GW2 will take over the mmo world- WoW is a dieng turd i have played WoW it sucks it truely does if it only takes you one week to go from 1-80 something is wrong with the game


uhhh no it wont WoW will not die people have invested too much money to let it die Blizzard's new MMO "Titan" is going to help boost it too

and honestly let them keep WoW and all its players its far better if they just stay there instead of migrating to GW2



WoW is old and unless they will update the whole game's graphics newwer mmo's with new inavations are going to kill WoW
how long it might take its up to other people but it will die and i think blissard with come out with a new mmo and stop making expasions for WoW but leave it open to all who still want to play, but soon it wont be the top of mmo's for much longer


if it were about graphics runescape would have been dead long ago....

theres at least 2 more expansions for wow left so ive heard


Runescape.......barff, but for a mmo that is free to play its ok but if i am paying 15 bucks a month and have to buy 50$ expansions, i would go for a game that is up to the bar on graphics not a 5 year eyesore from the past, and that were guild wars 2 come in, one guild wars 2 is a one time buy it has new inavated play style while WoW on all the sever i played on between the lvls 30-70 there is no one around for miles that is why they had to open up cross sever doungons, and WoW also creates hate between player who are fighting for nodes for whatever they need to make items. Guild wars 2 on the other hand is not like this it is set up to bring a sever closer togeather then split it apart that why GW2 will have sever VS sever VS sever PvP, guild wars knows how to do PvP and with the new PvE being open to every one not like gw1 were u could only go in groups. guild wars 2will make fatal blow to WoW taht will start its down fall


u do know i dont like wow right? im gw player and have been for nearly 5 years and i know WoW WILL NOT END because of GW2 it doesnt matter what GW2 has that WoW doesnt WoW wont die at best WoW2 will be developed...
31045 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/25/11 , edited 4/25/11

uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:


uhohimdead wrote:


quinsieVll wrote:

GW2 will take over the mmo world- WoW is a dieng turd i have played WoW it sucks it truely does if it only takes you one week to go from 1-80 something is wrong with the game


uhhh no it wont WoW will not die people have invested too much money to let it die Blizzard's new MMO "Titan" is going to help boost it too

and honestly let them keep WoW and all its players its far better if they just stay there instead of migrating to GW2



WoW is old and unless they will update the whole game's graphics newwer mmo's with new inavations are going to kill WoW
how long it might take its up to other people but it will die and i think blissard with come out with a new mmo and stop making expasions for WoW but leave it open to all who still want to play, but soon it wont be the top of mmo's for much longer


if it were about graphics runescape would have been dead long ago....

theres at least 2 more expansions for wow left so ive heard


Runescape.......barff, but for a mmo that is free to play its ok but if i am paying 15 bucks a month and have to buy 50$ expansions, i would go for a game that is up to the bar on graphics not a 5 year eyesore from the past, and that were guild wars 2 come in, one guild wars 2 is a one time buy it has new inavated play style while WoW on all the sever i played on between the lvls 30-70 there is no one around for miles that is why they had to open up cross sever doungons, and WoW also creates hate between player who are fighting for nodes for whatever they need to make items. Guild wars 2 on the other hand is not like this it is set up to bring a sever closer togeather then split it apart that why GW2 will have sever VS sever VS sever PvP, guild wars knows how to do PvP and with the new PvE being open to every one not like gw1 were u could only go in groups. guild wars 2will make fatal blow to WoW taht will start its down fall


u do know i dont like wow right? im gw player and have been for nearly 5 years and i know WoW WILL NOT END because of GW2 it doesnt matter what GW2 has that WoW doesnt WoW wont die at best WoW2 will be developed...


I know wow will not end becasue of GW2 but i am saying that it will hopefully start the downfall of WoW becasue i have played gw for 3 years , and wow for 2, my 2 years of WoW is game time spent so like from when it was released to now i only bought 2 years worth of game time. and i have to say WoW Needs to die not that i will any time soon the game but i dont think the 11million people they say they have will give up so fast but in another 5 years WoW needs to be dead or WoW needs a radical facelift, tummytuck, revamp, and some work done to wipe the crap away from what is has become, Vinala WoW was fun but after 3 expasnions its becoming a nightmare to even play it, or i will have given up all faith in my fellow gamers and Blizzard

17221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/24/11 , edited 5/24/11
I think WoW will still hold the title number 1 when you think of the word (or acronym) MMO.
I know I can't really say because I haven't played WoW at all but I think with GW the quests just felt like basically: Go here, Kill things to get through, Collect thing, kill more things to go back, and give to person who gave you the quest to claim reward.
This is pretty much the basis of all RPG questing, but I just feel like a more immersive story progression is required. Like it Runescape (lol runescape) don't laugh but in the time when I played it I found that although its all just mouse clicking the quests were actually more fun than GW because you actually got to interact with stuff (using the mouse haha) instead of double clicking on a chest or whatever.

I own the GW trilogy & EotN

EDIT: PvP will own thats for sure. So if those players with preferences like myself are satisfied I think GW2 might look promising not just as the next GW installment but might capture the interests of new players, hopefully building up the PvP community. because ya- GW PvP owned thats for sure
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 9/15/11
Ok guys this is bullshit, guys that think its all to do with the pvp involved or even the in game experience. Ive played wow for around 1 year. I thought it was great But if you think about When having fun something always goes down, your money So even thinking its fun. What betters paying $30 for 2 months ( thats how much i pay) or actually playing a 1. better graphics 2. a free to play game. I believe all this nonsense is really getting annoying. I hope one day some of you smart guys start up a big forum that gets released to everybody explaining. We want Wow to go down in price now! if you got as many members as you could and halt Wow servers We could easily fking make them lower there prices down to $5 a month! like dude, all blizzard is earning out of us complaining is our money. $15 a month. Ive heard they earn 270 million dollars a month!!!! now who do you feel bad for, blizzard or the public choice. I believe if we get enough people we can easily force blizzard to lower there prices. Because as you may KNOW. It all comes to public sales. So which by meaning They want there game sold and played not GW2 so if people moved or stopped playing wow they would eventually put down wow! well i hope you get what i mean. And i hope this happens. $5 wow ill play
22344 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / IL
Offline
Posted 9/15/11 , edited 9/15/11
WoW was fun at the start.....it's really fading out. Not worth it, honestly.....especially how much it costs to own all the ad ons and such, meh nope....fuck that. Guild Wars or any sort replacing it.....? Not likely. I'm waiting for the "Secret World" mmorpg to make it's entrance.....if Secret World doesn't pwn WoW and all other pre-established mmos then F it, they better be damned good or I give up. : /

Also...try as you or I might....it would be impossible to lower blizzards rates to 5 bucks a month, until it's really honestly dead which is sadly not wuite the case yet.....

.......Blizz is like car insurance/repair, or Verizon service, or being raped. They really don't care what you want.....they'll have their way and let you deal with the aftermath. >.>
mlwry 
48210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/9/11
Will it be better? The hype suggests so.

Will it beat WoW's market share? no way.
6094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Under the sea
Offline
Posted 10/15/11
Someone get me GW2 and I will love them for a long long long long long long long... time.
Posted 10/15/11
Nope. NCSoft has been trying to grab as much of their market share as possible, many times. Trion thought they had a shot with Rift. WoW is like the McDonald's of internet gaming, and now that it's F2P up to level 20, I'll bet twinks are going to overrun Azeroth.

I can't even get my close friends to part with WoW long enough to try another game, the excuse being "I'm afraid to start over, I've invested too many hours in WoW."
Todoke 
41284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Antonio, Texas
Offline
Posted 10/15/11 , edited 10/15/11

WackyFiasco wrote:

Nope. NCSoft has been trying to grab as much of their market share as possible, many times. Trion thought they had a shot with Rift. WoW is like the McDonald's of internet gaming, and now that it's F2P up to level 20, I'll bet twinks are going to overrun Azeroth.

I can't even get my close friends to part with WoW long enough to try another game, the excuse being "I'm afraid to start over, I've invested too many hours in WoW."


I've never met anyone with an excuse like that to stick with WoW than try a new game, but I try to think of people's reasons closely related to why Counter Strike 1.6 is still one of the top PC FPS games in the market; now that's a game with graphics that'll kill off your eyes. They may still have plenty of friends that they shared lots of good times with whom may log on some day after a long absence, and people will still things to do, ways to have fun, I know I did. Sure you can add those friends on social networking sites, but it's not the same.
Though I just quietly left WoW since my guild became inactive, I can tell you right now that WoW is just one of those games that I can say I'm glad I spent all of those years being a nerd on. Sounds kinda corny for those of you that get bored easily and only look for new games to get your "fix", but WoW has a plethora of players for a reason. At first it was just the epic storyline for me, then it became the community. I hate to admit, but I entered the World of Warcraft at the age of 12 when the game released 2004, and I still know some guildies who remember hearing my voice go through puberty during a raid or two, funny isn't it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.